Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The reason you cant lose your salvation is?.....

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Pride cometh before a fall.
No disrespect Jethro or JLB. This is my point when debating with you. No Grace mentioned, no mercy, it is all what "You" can And will do.

You are " What Can I do for Jesus.".........DUNG

Not a word of ,"What Jesus has done for You.".....All your posts are like that. He fails If you start Glorifying Him, and Lose your salvation.

I do pray that one day you will see this. When we figure out that we can do NO good for Him, He will use us for His Good Purpose.

If you are not striving in your flesh then God is doing it and He fails if you lose your salvation.

If you are NOT striving in your flesh, then WHO fails if you lose your salvation?
The faith that justifies all by itself apart from works of the law has an obligation attached to it. We see that in the parable of the unmerciful servant in Matthew 18. But the church has been bombarded with this teaching that since justification is secured by nothing you do that somehow you can't lose that justification by what you do. Yet we see Jesus telling us what it is like in the kingdom-that those who don't give what they have freely received will lose what they were freely given.

The forgiveness of sins most certainly does have an obligation attached to it....not because that obligation somehow earns the forgiveness of sins, but because it is the expected outcome of believing and appreciating that your sins have been wiped away for nothing. Contempt or indifference for the free gift you have been given will cause you to lose that free gift. The Bible plainly teaches this.

The faith that justifies all by itself apart from works of the law has an obligation attached to it. We see that in the parable of the unmerciful servant in Matthew 18. But the church has been bombarded with this teaching that since justification is secured by nothing you do that somehow you can't lose that justification by what you do. Yet we see Jesus telling us what it is like in the kingdom-that those who don't give what they have freely received will lose what they were freely given.

The forgiveness of sins most certainly does have an obligation attached to it....not because that obligation somehow earns the forgiveness of sins, but because it is the expected outcome of believing and appreciating that your sins have been wiped away for nothing. Contempt or indifference for the free gift you have been given will cause you to lose that free gift. The Bible plainly teaches this.
Dear Brother Jethro, my comment of "Pride cometh before a fall" was made in jest. No, I do not count my salvation "secured by nothing", but by the very blood of Him I love. As concerning my salvation I believe it is Christ, and Christ alone, the Rock of my confession, and the procurer of my deliverance from death to life. I believe scripture suggests this very thing in Act 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. We're not going to secure our salvation, or keep it by any work we add to the finished work of Christ; maybe you can list even one thing you have done to do so. Rom 4:2 For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God. Before man Abraham was justified in their sight because of the works or fruit he displayed.

We serve one another in love, and even our sanctification, holiness, or setting apart from the world comes as the work of God in us (Not by us) to will and to do of His good pleasure; Who does the work? We have a rest in Christ, Heb 4:10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his, and we are free because of our love of Him to exhibit works of righteousness. There is great promise for us who practice these thing in Rev 19:8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints, and this is actually righteous acts or deeds.

Rom 4:6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works. Now this is our standing before God, but ascending unto the place of the bride takes into consideration the state of our walk in Christ. Work out our salvation with fear? That is overcoming the habit and dominion of sin in our lives as we submit to the leading of the Holy Spirit, but again there is but one act of total submission to God that has made us heirs of God, and that is the blood poured out for us. You may work as an obligation, and I out of love for what God did for me, but I pray we both are glorifying Him as we look forward to His coming for us.

Blessings in Christ Jesus.

I haven't read all the many pages here. I'm thinking this scripture was offered somewhere in the 33 pages but just to reiterate or even post new.

We can't lose our salvation because Jesus promised us eternal life. Which is eternal salvation. Those whom Jesus called are given God's grace and that can never be renounced by mere mortals when it is a God given gift and promise from the cross.

John 10:27-30
My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand. I and the Father are one.”

Matthew 7:21-23
“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

John 5:24 Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him. (Romans 5:8-9)

This is called “a fortiori” logic of the grace of God toward all believers.

If God Gave us His Highest and Best, His Son, while we were still sinners. It stands to reason that He will do the lesser, save us from the lake of fire as justified children of God.

Does it cause anyone else to be curious as to why anyone would argue Christians can lose their salvation?
I believe everybody here that believes one can lose their salvation are sincere and believe that they are warning people for good Cause. Sincerely wrong though in my opinion.

The motivation is wrong. We are not to live to keep ourselves saved or save ourselves......dead works.

We should live as saved people and Know that we are saved. A believer WILL NOT grow spiritually if s/he does not understand their eternal security.

The believers capacity to understand Gods Blessings and Gods Purposes are hinged on the fact of eternal security.

Does it cause anyone else to be curious as to why anyone would argue Christians can lose their salvation?
And though the following context is directed to the religious unsaved workers of the law, it makes me wonder why anyone would spend a life expounding how they could lose their salvation, and yet continue to sin.
Rom 2:23 Thou that makest thy boast of the law, through breaking the law dishonourest thou God?

I think I would be looking for a hole to hide in shame from the face of the Lord. I met and talked to one such man receiving medical treatment once that had attempted to sever one of his hands, and pluck out an eye. At least he realized the impossibility of such a task of keeping himself. :shrug

and I give eternal life to them, and they shall never perish; and no one shall snatch them out of My hand. “My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand. “I and the Father are one.” (John 10:28-30)

The steps of a man are established by the Lord; And He delights in his way. When he falls, he shall not be hurled headlong; Because the Lord is the One who holds his hand. (Psalms 37:23-24)

No one is able to avoid sin.
The grace is that our sin does not condemn us when we are in Christ Jesus.

And though the following context is directed to the religious unsaved workers of the law, it makes me wonder why anyone would spend a life expounding how they could lose their salvation, and yet continue to sin.
Rom 2:23 Thou that makest thy boast of the law, through breaking the law dishonourest thou God?

I think I would be looking for a hole to hide in shame from the face of the Lord. I met and talked to one such man receiving medical treatment once that had attempted to sever one of his hands, and pluck out an eye. At least he realized the impossibility of such a task of keeping himself. :shrug

We're not going to secure our salvation, or keep it by any work we add to the finished work of Christ; maybe you can list even one thing you have done to do so.
.... Believing.

Before man Abraham was justified in their sight because of the works or fruit he displayed.
"4 By faith Abel offered to God a better sacrifice than Cain, through which he obtained the testimony that he was righteous, God testifying about his gifts, and through faith, though he is dead, he still speaks." (Hebrews 11:4 NASB)

Yes it perplexes me as to why?

As I read through Galatians recently (several times) I came to the conclusion that Paul was perplexed as to why his students would think they needed to do anything to maintain their salvation. So it's a mystery even for him. Even things commanded of God lovers pre-Easter are no longer acceptable given God's Grace in Christ.

That's some powerful stuff, that being in Christ.

I haven't read all the many pages here. I'm thinking this scripture was offered somewhere in the 33 pages but just to reiterate or even post new.

We can't lose our salvation because Jesus promised us eternal life. Which is eternal salvation. Those whom Jesus called are given God's grace and that can never be renounced by mere mortals when it is a God given gift and promise from the cross.

John 10:27-30
My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand. I and the Father are one.”

Matthew 7:21-23
“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

John 5:24 Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.
What must I 'do' to get this promise of eternal life?

Answer: Look at what kind of church OSAS has produced. A do-nothing 'cause it's all free, and we're so rich and loaded and well dressed' church Jesus condemned in Revelation. The resistance is raised to this doctrine so that those who won't be deceived by it can be saved. As for the rest, God allows erroneous doctrine to flourish to condemn those who want that kind of gospel.

Jesus taught OSAS. Unless someone wants to call him a liar they'd best realize.

Answer: Look at what kind of church OSAS has produced. A do-nothing 'cause it's all free, and we're so rich and loaded and well dressed' church Jesus condemned in Revelation. The resistance is raised to this doctrine so that those who won't be deceived by it can be saved. As for the rest, God allows erroneous doctrine to flourish to condemn those who want that kind of gospel.

Jethro, imo, it is not the doctrine of OSAS that causes a "do-nothing 'cause it's all free'" attitude. If it was than people like Charles Spurgeon (Calvinist), Matthew Henry (Puritan), John Gill (Calvinist) would have had that attitude and they did not. The Puritans were hardly a 'do whatever, it doesn't matter' group of people.
I think what we may be seeing is a society that breeds 'do whatever' attitudes and it has corrupted some peoples view of 'by grace, through faith'. It certainly was not the attitude for several hundred years.
So blaming the OSAS doctrine for the problems in the church now seems inappropriate to me.

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him. (Romans 5:8-9)

This is called “a fortiori” logic of the grace of God toward all believers.

If God Gave us His Highest and Best, His Son, while we were still sinners. It stands to reason that He will do the lesser, save us from the lake of fire as justified children of God.

We have been justified by His Blood....

How does the Blood He shed on the Cross 2000 years ago, get appropriated to you today, so that the work of justification is now a reality for you?

Please explain this.

JLB

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back