Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The seasons continue and God's promises endure

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Speaking of sun, moon and stars, anyone interested in sundials? :toofunny

I tried to build/calculate one in high school for a project, and it was a nightmare.

I have never seen such a simple yet ridiculously complicated string of equations ever.

You have my respect for dealing with those without a fistful of your own hair.

Re. sundials, remember also that here in Canada we don't get a lot of sun for quite a proportion of the year! :)

Blessings.

I tried to build/calculate one in high school for a project, and it was a nightmare.

I have never seen such a simple yet ridiculously complicated string of equations ever.

You have my respect for dealing with those without a fistful of your own hair.

This is the equation for a horizontal (garden) dial:

View attachment 2547

I think you can handle that. One trig function equals the product of two others.

They must have given you a project for a vertical declining dial:

View attachment 2548

:lol

Actually, I never use the above formula. I came up with my own formula and way of delineating it.

Say what? What are you talking about?

tim:

Whatever it was that I wondered whether you were talking about, clearly you're not! :)

Anyway, my point in starting the thread was to emphasize the faithfulness of God, seen in His creation.

Last edited by a moderator:
tim:

Whatever it was that I wondered whether you were talking about, clearly you're not! :)

Anyway, my point in starting the thread was to emphasize the faithfulness of God, seen in His creation.

So true, and even the universe (as illustrated by my example) follows the Law of God and shows His wisdom in such a way that it does not transgress commandments as we do. I've never seen a greater Mathematician than the Lord. And the sun, moon and stars are like giant clock hands obeying the Lord's decrees.

So true, and even the universe (as illustrated by my example) follows the Law of God and shows His wisdom in such a way that it does not transgress commandments as we do. I've never seen a greater Mathematician than the Lord. And the sun, moon and stars are like giant clock hands obeying the Lord's decrees.

tim: Well, I'm sure I don't disagree with what you're saying there. :) Blessings.

God will never leave nor forsake us. Never has broken any promises at all! Nor never will!

God will never leave nor forsake us. Never has broken any promises at all! Nor never will!

Yes, it's wonderful to rest secure in the promises of God, especially in Christ: 'In him, yea, and in Him, Amen' (2 Corinthians 1.20).

Great testimony and thank you for reminding us that everything is in Gods timing as He draws us closer to Him.

Many look at the glass half empty, but I look at it half full knowing Gods blessings are overflowing and when the cup (our life) seems to become half empty I always rely on Gods timing through patience to fill it up again as God always knows what we need and when we need it, amen. God will take you to the cliff, but never will allow you to fall over it.

for his glory:

Yes, indeed, "He daily loadeth us with benefits" (Psalm 68.19).

Blessings.

I love the refrain from Thomas Chisholm's hymn:

'Great is Thy faithfulness,

Great is Thy faithfulness,

Morning by morning new mercies I see.

All I have needed Thy hand hath provided.

Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me.'

I think of that song when I think about faithfulness. He is always faithful to keep His promises to us and stay with us through sorrow and joy. Just this morning I read on this Bible commentary website that God is faithful to keep His promises to the ungodly, so how much more will He keep His promises with us?

I think of that song when I think about faithfulness. He is always faithful to keep His promises to us and stay with us through sorrow and joy. Just this morning I read on this Bible commentary website that God is faithful to keep His promises to the ungodly, so how much more will He keep His promises with us?

Psalm28.7:

Good thought!

Yes, and if the Lord is so faithful in general providence, then 'He that spared not His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all...(etc., Romans 8): how shall He not be absolutely faithful in keeping His promises to all those who love and trust the Lord Jesus?

Blessings.

I know that's what helps me! :) It's keeping that confidence in Him and remembering those promises when I need them most.

I know that's what helps me! :) It's keeping that confidence in Him and remembering those promises when I need them most.

Psalm28.7: Yes indeed. And think we can usefully get a real grip on the fact that, as Paul, says: 'All the promises of God in Him are, Yea, and in Him, Amen, unto the glory of God by us' (2 Corinthians 1.20). And this makes us a more effective testimony, too, when we are sure of it ourselves. Blessings.

Back