Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Spear of Phineas & Worldliness

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
"Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry."
(Colossians 3:5 NIV)

Spot on. If the spear of phineas & worldliness of the OT was a shadow of things in the NT, that seems a perfect fit.

"Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry."
(Colossians 3:5 NIV)

Spot on. If the spear of phineas & worldliness of the OT was a shadow of things in the NT, that seems a perfect fit.
[MENTION=96494]Vaccine[/MENTION]:

Romans 8.13 also speaks of the theme of mortification. @FloatingAxeHead 's Old Testament example anticipates recurring New Testament truth.

Blessings.

I can see the worldliness in the world (movies and music), but where do I see it in my church? Or where do you see it in your church?
I see it running rampant thru the body of Christ on a number of levels ...
1. The body is being "entertained to death" (spiritual death to be exact): Hours of TV watching, hours of computer gaming or playing online which is of no spiritual benefit, thinking more about "responsibilities" than relationship with Jesus (ie: working more to get a bigger house, better car, etc) = materialistic thinking; Believers desiring to be one of the 'whos who' in the church; Focusing on how we look to others; more concern about social gatherings than about God = Christian social gatherings in which yes believers all gather together, but no one is talking about or focused on Yeshua instead they're talking about Jim Bob & Mary Ellen with short intervals of "I'll pray for them" .... the list goes on.. Much of the body is not serious about God.. they want to be entertained and are being lulled to sleep.. which brings us to the topic of the great apostasy.

2. Being more concerned about how one 'looks' to society than holding to God's standards of the heart; The mixing of pagan holidays since the days of Constantine (I think it was Constantine who melded Christianity in with Roman paganism?); and throwing strange new age junk & old house wives tales into the mix of Christian beliefs, etc ad nauseum (lol)

Too many Christian folks water down the Word try to look like the world to 'play nice' mistakenly thinking that will build His Church...
It may build their church short term but not long term... Jesus said 'left me up and i will draw all men unto me.'..

The more like the world we look and act the weaker the church becomes... A scary thought but looking at history we see persecution build His Church. We are then forced to take a good look at our selfs... Those who take a STAND maybe die for it are stronger building blocks then the "o its ok what ever we do folks'
What can we do... Preach Jesus Christ ... Starting in the OT laying the foundation to who He really is... God is not some teddy bear kinda guy. enough rant...
This is so right on!

I can see the worldliness in the world (movies and music), but where do I see it in my church? Or where do you see it in your church?
I see it running rampant thru the body of Christ on a number of levels ...
1. The body is being "entertained to death" (spiritual death to be exact): Hours of TV watching, hours of computer gaming or playing online which is of no spiritual benefit, thinking more about "responsibilities" than relationship with Jesus (ie: working more to get a bigger house, better car, etc) = materialistic thinking; Believers desiring to be one of the 'whos who' in the church; Focusing on how we look to others; more concern about social gatherings than about God = Christian social gatherings in which yes believers all gather together, but no one is talking about or focused on Yeshua instead they're talking about Jim Bob & Mary Ellen with short intervals of "I'll pray for them" .... the list goes on.. Much of the body is not serious about God.. they want to be entertained and are being lulled to sleep.. which brings us to the topic of the great apostasy.

2. Being more concerned about how one 'looks' to society than holding to God's standards of the heart; The mixing of pagan holidays since the days of Constantine (I think it was Constantine who melded Christianity in with Roman paganism?); and throwing strange new age junk & old house wives tales into the mix of Christian beliefs, etc ad nauseum (lol)

[MENTION=96902]FloatingAxeHead[/MENTION]:

I do agree. Yes, it was Constantine that tried to merge Christianity with the state.

I do love Christmas, though! :) John 1.14

Blessings.

Numbers 25:1-13 (KJV)
Phineas had a holy jealousy for the Lord when he stabbed an Israelite man & a Midianitish woman who were having sex outside of the limitations God gave the Israelites.
......considering the church is currently involved in the doctrines of Balaam = Meaning the body of Christ has mixed & mashed itself in with worldliness. The Lord is angered about this and judgement begins in the house of God. ....

His Commandments were not just for the Israelites. were they? (no)

Back