Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study The Strong Delusion

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I have no idea about the prodigal son story, but it's something to ponder.

How sin hardens our heart is a little different for everyone, but the basis is understanding what sin is.

Sin is missing the mark. Here's the thing, you can't miss the mark if you don't know what it is. So, when you sin, it means you know what the mark is - and you did not hit it.

Sin is divided into two catagories. Intentional and unintentional.

Either way, you still know what the mark is. However, intentional sin is when you intentionally miss the mark - you don't even care about hitting it.

Both kinds of sin will harden a persons heart, one will do it quicker than the other.

The reason a heart becomes hard is because to every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. When we sin, it means we were trying to hit the mark. So, when we continue to sin, without ever hitting the mark, then things become 'pointless' to us.

In Christ, we hit the mark. :)

Meaning, when we sin, if we are in Christ, He takes that arrow and puts it on the mark for us when we miss. Of course, if we were trying to hit the mark, this makes us happy - soft heart.

If we were intentionally trying to miss the mark, then it does not make us happy, it makes us sad - or even angry - hard heart.

Those outside of Christ don't have the option of being happy. They miss the mark and have no one to take the arrow and place it on the mark. Those who have never heard of Christs desire to take away our 'misses', are usually very excited that He would do that for them.

This goes way deep really. Good study to do.

Interesting. We can't miss the mark, if we don't know what it is...Hmmm

Romans 14:
23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.../

Doesn't that identify the mark?

Interesting. We can't miss the mark, if we don't know what it is...Hmmm

Romans 14:
23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.../

Doesn't that identify the mark?

Right. Christ is the mark. True faith is in Christ. So, in Christ we know what the mark is, and when we miss we know.

Faith in Christ is how we hit the mark. Because even when we miss, because we are in Him, He corrects the miss.

Right. Christ is the mark. True faith is in Christ. So, in Christ we know what the mark is, and when we miss we know.

Faith in Christ is how we hit the mark. Because even when we miss, because we are in Him, He corrects the miss.

Amen, Brother. I find myself praising the Lord for His longsuffering very much, because, well, I miss quite frequently. That He corrects the misses is much to be appreciated and speaks of His longsuffering.

I tend to refer to myself as a slow learner to the Lord because, I feel like it with all the tribulations and hardships that I miss on here and there. It seems like it takes a long time to learn what at first glance seems to be basic things.

Maybe all mankind are slow learners, lol.

Back