Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The True Church Are You In It ?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
You brought it up. You were asked if you gather together with believers and you made a point to say "I enjoy fellowship with many brothers and sisters around the world." I just wondered what caused you to travel all over the world to have this fellowship. Seems reasonable to me. You seem pretty defensive. Why is that?

Of course i do. I fellowship all the time . You are missing my point , it is the emotional attachment to a set of dogma and systematic worship that most churches expect you to adhere to. The purpose of the post is to point out that you belong to Jesus Christ not a church there is a total difference.
What do you define as dogma and what do you mean by "systematic worship"? What is the difference between belonging to Jesus and belonging to a church? Do you think that they are mutually exclusive?

I enjoy fellowship with many brothers and sisters around the world.
In what way? Online or do you belong to a group of believers that meets regularly?

Hebrews 10:24-25
24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:

25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

Phil, how do you view vs. 25?

Of course i do. I fellowship all the time . You are missing my point , it is the emotional attachment to a set of dogma and systematic worship that most churches expect you to adhere to. The purpose of the post is to point out that you belong to Jesus Christ not a church there is a total difference. I enjoy fellowship with many brothers and sisters around the world.

I think I know what you mean, and I actually think I agree with you!
It's easy for people to get their identity through the church, aka denomination rather than through our Savior Jesus who is Christ and our Lord.

I don't think this is a new problem, and I think Paul addressed this kind of tribalism when he wrote to the Corinthians.

1 Corinthians 1: 12-13
12 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.

13 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

We were baptized into Christ Jesus, not a denomination.. not a mere religous rite nor a rite for membership within a congregation, but a baptism into Christ.

Romans 6:3-11
3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.

8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:

9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.

10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.

11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Thank you Steve you got it in one what is amazing is the amount of believers who are quick to condemn when i say these things . Either Messiah is Lord of our lives,The King and dwells in us or he does not but some believers dont like it im astonished. Is that because they are attached to dogmas of man i dont know

People hate what they don't understand... and most disagreements are simply misunderstandings. Before arguing, make sure your articulation is in a concise manner that enables your audience to correctly duplicate your thoughts. Many times, we can become frustrated at others because of our own lack of patience or ability to articulate with words etc that the other would understand.

People hate what they don't understand... and most disagreements are simply misunderstandings. Before arguing, make sure your articulation is in a concise manner that enables your audience to correctly duplicate your thoughts. Many times, we can become frustrated at others because of our own lack of patience or ability to articulate with words etc that the other would understand.
Hummm... is that sorta like, " Be sure you accurately let the other person know your thoughts?"

Thank you Steve you got it in one what is amazing is the amount of believers who are quick to condemn when i say these things . Either Messiah is Lord of our lives,The King and dwells in us or he does not but some believers dont like it im astonished. Is that because they are attached to dogmas of man i dont know
Sometimes it might be because of the run-on sentences.

Sometimes it might be because of the run-on sentences.
Punctuation is very important if you have any respect for the people who read what you write and any desire to be understood. I once avoided paying thousands of dollars to the state of Washington due to their lack of a comma in the text of a law. They finally had to re-write the law, adding the comma.

Last edited:
phil marriner said:
Some people just want clarification, which may be needed if such a large number of believers are condemning you. Or perhaps there is more to what you are saying that isn't biblical but without clarification, it's a bit hard to know precisely what you're saying.

Any response to my previous questions?

Punctuation is very important if you have any respect for the people who read what you write and any desire to be understood.
I was going to say something about grammar being important too but I'm a bit late. ;)

It's very simple what i'm saying.I don't understand what you mean by run on sentences, i just write form my heart. Do you want robots that just spew out scriptures so you can all nod your heads in agreement.

Oh, so if your grammar is right you are ok , but if not then your a false brother is that it !

It's very simple what i'm saying.I don't understand what you mean by run on sentences, i just write form my heart. Do you want robots that just spew out scriptures so you can all nod your heads in agreement.
Now you're just being ridiculous. I think it would be better to return to the subject of this thread. Perhaps you would like to answer some of the legitimate questions that have been asked about some of the things you have said here.

this reply is a perfect example

"You brought it up. You were asked if you gather together with believers and you made a point to say "I enjoy fellowship with many brothers and sisters around the world." I just wondered what caused you to travel all over the world to have this fellowship. Seems reasonable to me. You seem pretty defensive. Why is that?"

The suspicious nature behind the structure of the comment speaks loudly as to the heart condition of the one writing it. When i said i enjoy meeting brothers and sisters, has nothing to do with going around the world on some kind of mission. It's quite simply as i said. Wherever i go , either in the UK or overseas where i work with my job in different places, i will find believers to meet with them

The very fact that people do not want to talk about the goodness of the Lord implies a lot. It seems people are more interested in trying to be right instead. There it goes again calling someone ridiculous. I would never dream of saying that to another believer

The suspicious nature behind the structure of the comment speaks loudly as to the heart condition of the one writing it.
The very fact that people do not want to talk about the goodness of the Lord implies a lot. It seems people are more interested in trying to be right instead.
I would suggest that you go to our Term's of Service page and re-read section 2.4 that you agreed to abide by, especially the part where it says "Respect where people are in their spiritual walk".

Oh, so if your grammar is right you are ok , but if not then your a false brother is that it !
Not really brother.
If your grammar isn't clear, you'll more than likely be misunderstood. When your misunderstood, you get frustrated. When you get frustrated, you lash out. When you lash out, you get called a false brother. The lesson? Learn the importance of grammar and proper word choice. Why? Simple, you want to reduce the chances of your thoughts being misunderstood if for no other reason than to keep your own blood pressure lower.

Lets eat kids.
Lets eat, kids.
Use a comma.
Save lives.

Grace and peace.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back