Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Two-Minute Salvation

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

KevinK

OK, the last trumpet is sounding, and now no-one can deny what is happening. In about two minutes, the door closes forever. A lifetime non-believer says, "Now I believe; what do I need to do to be saved?" What do you say?
  • Believe in the eternal God.
  • Believe that Jesus Christ is your one-and-only way to salvation.
  • Repent all your sins.
  • Forgive all those who have sinned against you.
Is there anything you would add to this list?

KevinK, there’s many a soldier hollered out “Help me God” when facing death in a foxhole. Confessing his belief is now enough? Did the thief on the cross do more? :shrug

Act 2:21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Rom 10:14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed?

Dear Brother KevinK, if calling on name of the Lord is not enough, could the following scriptures disqualify some not doing all these in two minutes, I suppose they’re dead men walking, facing the Great White Throne judgment, and on their way to the lake of fire.

Mar 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved. (But 1 Pet 3:21 explains that baptism is not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,)

Act 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
(Of course this man may not have a family or house.)

Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

God knows the true heart and when we repent and ask Jesus to be our Lord and Savior we at that time of confessing Christ we receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. One does not need lengthy words to repent. Just repent and believe is all it takes as Eugene used Romans 10:9 I will also add
Romans 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise

Mar 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved. (But 1 Pet 3:21 explains that baptism is not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,)
Act 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

:thumbsup The Word approves this message!

At least you got repentance in there and not teaching another jesus like the churchs of today who preach jesus is lord and died for our sins on a cross and believe in him and God loves you, but dont even mention repentance as they dont want to scare away there worldly customers who fill there pockets each week.

Thats the false christ spirit, the same worldly spirit that stays the same. Knowone changes.

God hates sin thats why all must repent.

The Gospel is incomplete without repentance. Its a huge part of the Gospel of the real Jesus Christ in the bible.

How is salvation possible without repentance, just believe in jesus?, who is jesus?, there is many jesus, even Timothy says if they preach 'another jesus', is that the jesus who does not care if you repent, so no need for people to know about it. Giving god money in exchange for blessings is more imporatant than repentence.

I dont know whats more filthy, the churches or the state.

Last edited:
The Bible says that those who "received" Christ were born again. So to believe is also to receive: But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. (John 1:12,13).

What does this mean?
Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. (Rev 3:20)

The list is pretty good, especially the parts about repenting and forgiving. I'm not so sure about the necessity believing Jesus is the only way, because that seems to place a religious burden on people which Jesus didn't ask for. I think about the good Samaritan and how he wasn't a Jew or a Christian. He didn't call on the name of Jesus or profess any correct theology. He just loved his neighbor. Since love can only come from God, I think anyone who shows love to their neighbor is accepting the spirit of Jesus (i.e. the HS) even if they do not acknowledge the name of Jesus.

I think God wants us to openly acknowledge him and Jesus, but he's also more interested in what's happening inside a person's heart rather than the words they profess. I think this is why the thief on the cross could be saved. God was able to see inside that person's heart and understand that if the thief did have the chance to start over again, he really would be a changed man and his behavior would show it.

I think about the good Samaritan and how he wasn't a Jew or a Christian. He didn't call on the name of Jesus or profess any correct theology. He just loved his neighbor.
Have you considered that the Good Samaritan can be a metaphor for our Savior Jesus? You might just walk away and leave them along the side of the road robbed, wounded and half dead like all but the good Samaritan did in (Luke 10:30-35). That is the way Satan left most of us, then Jesus came by.

Outside of Christ there is none righteous, no, not one (Rom 3:10). For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God (Rom 3:23).

OK, the last trumpet is sounding, and now no-one can deny what is happening. In about two minutes, the door closes forever. A lifetime non-believer says, "Now I believe; what do I need to do to be saved?" What do you say?
  • Believe in the eternal God.
  • Believe that Jesus Christ is your one-and-only way to salvation.
  • Repent all your sins.
  • Forgive all those who have sinned against you.
With two minutes remaining on the clock, this is all they need to do:

"...the tax collector, standing some distance away, was even unwilling to lift up his eyes to heaven, but was beating his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me, the sinner!’ 14“I tell you, this man went to his house justified..." (Luke 18:13-14 NASB)

Have you considered that the Good Samaritan can be a metaphor for our Savior Jesus? You might just walk away and leave them along the side of the road robbed, wounded and half dead like all but the good Samaritan did in (Luke 10:30-35). That is the way Satan left most of us, then Jesus came by.
I would say that is the way religious people have left most of us--sitting on the roadside dying and bleeding from what the devil did to us, then Jesus came by.

Outside of Christ there is none righteous, no, not one (Rom 3:10). For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God (Rom 3:23).

Hi Eugene. I'd be fine with considering that possibility, but the parable of the sheep/goats has much the same lesson, which leads me to believe the Good Samaritan story really is all about showing love to our neighbor, despite whatever theological deficiencies we may have.

Hi Eugene. I'd be fine with considering that possibility, but the parable of the sheep/goats has much the same lesson, which leads me to believe the Good Samaritan story really is all about showing love to our neighbor, despite whatever theological deficiencies we may have.
Then am I to think that you believe a Buddhist doing a good deed toward their neighbor must be in Christ because they could really not do so due to the fact the love needed can only come from God, thus they too are saved?

Then am I to think that you believe a Buddhist doing a good deed toward their neighbor must be in Christ because they could really not do so due to the fact the love needed can only come from God, thus they too are saved?

Whether or not someone is saved is between that person and God, but I believe there is no other source of love than God. If a Buddhist is showing love, then I accept that, despite his lack of correct theology, he is still responding to God's spirit on at least some level. I believe this is what Paul meant when he wrote Romans 2:13-16 .

Whether or not someone is saved is between that person and God, but I believe there is no other source of love than God. If a Buddhist is showing love, then I accept that, despite his lack of correct theology, he is still responding to God's spirit on at least some level. I believe this is what Paul meant when he wrote Romans 2:13-16 .
Well I have to agree with you if you’re going by law wrote of in judgment in Rom 2:13-16, which concludes with all have sinned and come short of the glory of God (Rom 3:23). No one but Jesus ever did this.

As to being in and having believed on the Lord Jesus as the result of a good deed, I have to adamantly disagree. Even the confessing the Lord Jesus as per Rom 10:9 is confirmed when someone simply calls upon the Lord.

Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Rom 10:14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed?

Hi Eugene. I have no problem accepting that everyone has sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. However, when it comes to terms like "believe" and "accept" I think God often has a different way of viewing the issues than we do. I think it's good to be open to the possibility that we do not have perfect understanding of how God deals with non-Christian people; that his forgiveness can be available to them, too, based on their sincere, humble, loving spirit despite whatever objections we may have regarding their lack of correct theology (Luke 13:25-30).

Hi Eugene. I have no problem accepting that everyone has sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. However, when it comes to terms like "believe" and "accept" I think God often has a different way of viewing the issues than we do. I think it's good to be open to the possibility that we do not have perfect understanding of how God deals with non-Christian people; that his forgiveness can be available to them, too, based on their sincere, humble, loving spirit despite whatever objections we may have regarding their lack of correct theology (Luke 13:25-30).

Something like this has to be true if the great white throne judgement is not going to be a kangaroo court.

Love is an attribute of Christ as love was His finished work on the cross. We also need to display love through us as that is the light of Christ that shines through us to the world as a witness and testimony of Gods grace and His greatest commandment, Matthew 22:36-40. Love alone on our own accord is not going to allow any of us to enter into the kingdom of God as it's not by works of love, but by the free gift of Gods grace, Ephesians 2:8,9, and through repentance just like the thief that asked Jesus to remember him as that probably only took less then two minutes and Jesus told him he would be with Him in paradise, Luke 23:39-43. What the thief believed was a combination of John 14:6; 3:5,6; and Romans 10:9,10 as he had no written knowledge of the words of Christ as none did at that time, but only believed.

Hi for_his_glory. I think there is room for agreement between works and grace. God's grace is God's grace; he can give it to anyone he wants. It seems more likely to me that he will choose to give his grace to people who take an interest in his ways. I think this would probably be even more true for people who show love despite having never heard of Jesus (John 20:29). In order for that verse to accurately support my conclusion I'm making a connection between belief and behavior, but I think it's reasonable to do so on the basis that God's interaction with the human spirit can include much more than just reading or hearing specific words. In other words, if a human practices love then something inside of them must have a belief that doing so is good and worthy. Since there is no other source of love I must conclude that these people are responding to the HS without rationalizing it to themselves in those specific terms. You suggest that "love alone on our accord" is not enough, but I counter-suggest that such a concept is a misnomer. There is no such thing as love alone on our accord. We can't love without God. He is the source.

I believe God will want to share his grace with anyone who shows a response to his spirit. They may have completely wrong theology, but God is able to look past those problems deep down to whatever it is that causes people to respond to the spirit and he is able to appreciate it in a way that we cannot (or perhaps will not).

Last edited:
Back