Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

"The Word of Faith"

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
M

Mitspa

I have searched on this forum for "true belivers"? Not sure what i have found has anything to do with the Kingdom of God?
I come from the "Word of Faith" background, We have more than words, we have power in" Grace":biglol

Just kinda searching for others on this forum who are "like minded" and know Gods power?

It seems they are two camps on this forum? they both seem to complicate a very simple Gospel?
Rom 10:8

But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
1Co 2:4

And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:
1Co 2:5

That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

1Co 4:18

Now some are puffed up, as though I would not come to you.
1Co 4:19

But I will come to you shortly, if the Lord will, and will know, not the speech of them which are puffed up, but the power.
1Co 4:20

For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power.

Mar 16:17

And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
Mar 16:18

They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
I hope to find fellowship with true believers:yes

What do you mean by a "true believer" I ask because everyone who's used this phrase before, turns out what they actually mean is those who completely agree with them.

What do you mean by a "true believer" I ask because everyone who's used this phrase before, turns out what they actually mean is those who completely agree with them.
Well i know we all have held different veiws from time to time! Those that" Truly Know Him" may have different veiws on scripture, but HE is the object of their hearts! "To know Him" is the great call! Now if one say they "know Him" they should know His Power? they should know Him in a "simple faith"?

Col 2:6

As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:
Col 2:7

Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.
Col 2:8

Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. :shame
Col 2:9

For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
Col 2:10

And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

Hi Mitspa,

I hear what you are saying...I just joined CF last month and at first I got really confused. I am not an expert or anything but just a suggestion. This is what I did...just read the threads and posts for a while before jumping in. You will learn to know the different personalities and beliefs. Discussing religon/faith/views, whatever you want to call it is very passionate. It is right up there with politics. I started off here in a thread Athiest in a Christian den. What a place to start! I felt confused and thought why is this so complicated? So I stayed on the porch with the puppies for a while.

God is not a God of confusion but of peace. Everybody here has their own way of expressing it and try not to take it personal. It is hard I know but you will get comfortable with posting, start off in the general talk or health and nutrition, something simple. You may meet some friends along the way and start out like that. Just my 2 cents for what it is worth! lol...:wave

Hi Mitspa,

I hear what you are saying...I just joined CF last month and at first I got really confused. I am not an expert or anything but just a suggestion. This is what I did...just read the threads and posts for a while before jumping in. You will learn to know the different personalities and beliefs. Discussing religon/faith/views, whatever you want to call it is very passionate. It is right up there with politics. I started off here in a thread Athiest in a Christian den. What a place to start! I felt confused and thought why is this so complicated? So I stayed on the porch with the puppies for a while.

God is not a God of confusion but of peace. Everybody here has their own way of expressing it and try not to take it personal. It is hard I know but you will get comfortable with posting, start off in the general talk or health and nutrition, something simple. You may meet some friends along the way and start out like that. Just my 2 cents for what it is worth! lol...:wave
Thank you!:)

i may be new to this forum but not to the Word of God.
The gospel is a simple doctrine! not complex!

2Co 11:3

But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. :clap

Mitspa,

I know, I am new at both but have a strong faith as well. The forums will really make you dig into the Word of God and make your faith so much stronger.

You can express yourself and your beliefs and learn from others. It would be perfect if we all agreed but you know that is impossible.

Mitspa,

I know, I am new at both but have a strong faith as well. The forums will really make you dig into the Word of God and make your faith so much stronger.

You can express yourself and your beliefs and learn from others. It would be perfect if we all agreed but you know that is impossible.
Thank you!:)
I dont really think those who have dug in on thier doctrines, will look for a place of agreement? I know they are some of us here, looking for common fellowship in HIM!
I hope to find a few? and share my abundance of peace with them!:clap

Mat 5:3

Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Mat 5:4

Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
Mat 5:5

Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
Mat 5:6

Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
Mat 5:7

Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
Mat 5:8

Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

Mat 5:9

Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.:biglol

You will find the one's you will connect with and stick with them. I watched your posts in those other threads and you did start off with some very seasoned members who are well established in their faith. There is always going to be disagreement somewhere but (and I have always dislike this statement) but sometimes you have to agree to disagree.

I will be around and feel free to send me a message if you need help or need to talk.

BornAgain

You will find the one's you will connect with and stick with them. I watched your posts in those other threads and you did start off with some very seasoned members who are well established in their faith. There is always going to be disagreement somewhere but (and I have always dislike this statement) but sometimes you have to agree to disagree.

I will be around and feel free to send me a message if you need help or need to talk.

BornAgain

1Co 1:27

But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; :chin

I would also offer that one must be willing to listen as well as speak. How does one know that he/she is not one of the confounded? One thing I've learned is about the time I figure I've got things all figured out, I discover that I am only scratching the surface.

I would also offer that one must be willing to listen as well as speak. How does one know that he/she is not one of the confounded? One thing I've learned is about the time I figure I've got things all figured out, I discover that I am only scratching the surface.

I will agree with that! A word from the wise...;)

Well i guess each one of us has to answer to God for ourselves?" Know ye not? that you are the temple of God"
"You need no man teach you, but the anointing you have received will teach you all things"

Rom 8:16

The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

1Co 2:11

For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
1Co 2:12

Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

We have tried to build faith in believers by condemning wrong behavior? By preaching sin and condemnation. "The strength of sin is the law"
No one every grows in faith that way. Anyone can see this destroys what little faith one has.
Unbelief grows out of a sense of unworthiness!:chin

2Co 3:7

But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:
2Co 3:8 :biglol Ten Commandments!

How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?

2Co 3:9

For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory

The key to having victory or helping another grow in Christ. One must have a clear understanding of who they are "in Christ"
As a "new creation" one has passed from death into life.:clap

2Co 5:17

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
2Co 5:18

And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; :)

I have searched on this forum for "true belivers"? Not sure what i have found has anything to do with the Kingdom of God?
I come from the "Word of Faith" background, We have more than words, we have power in" Grace":biglol

Just kinda searching for others on this forum who are "like minded" and know Gods power?

It seems they are two camps on this forum? they both seem to complicate a very simple Gospel?

lovely, i must ask. you seem familiar. i want to be sure that you arent someone i knew before here but if your are its odd that we did clash. hmm jenn and i know each other to well but then she did dissappear and not a peep.

ok well then i can discuss the wof with you as well i know things of the pentacostal tradition and have been baptised in the holy spirit.

ok so i assume that you either believe that a christian shouldnt be poor or beg or that the wof is that as i am we can go to god and believe that he will provide for us and also allow us to suffer for his glory.

clarify please.

You have to take your time to get to know those in here as there are many who do speak in simplicity of the word and those that you have to grab your dictionary to even try to figure out what they are saying. Many are also Pastor followers and believe every word that proceeds out of their mouths and then you have the diggers who will search the word by allowing the Holy Spirit open their Spiritual eyes and ears to hear what the word of God is saying.

Gods word is very simple to understand if one would read it the way it is written instead of reading between the lines to try and prove their points of view. When they say IMO or I believe this is what the word says in most cases they have no clue what the word is actually saying and will give you their interpretation. In Christian forums you really need to learn how to Spiritually discern truth from error and at times shake the dust from your feet and move on to another topic of discussion. Just don't let yourself be discouraged by others as this is a discussion forum with many points of view by how one studies.

You have to take your time to get to know those in here as there are many who do speak in simplicity of the word and those that you have to grab your dictionary to even try to figure out what they are saying. Many are also Pastor followers and believe every word that proceeds out of their mouths and then you have the diggers who will search the word by allowing the Holy Spirit open their Spiritual eyes and ears to hear what the word of God is saying.

Gods word is very simple to understand if one would read it the way it is written instead of reading between the lines to try and prove their points of view. When they say IMO or I believe this is what the word says in most cases they have no clue what the word is actually saying and will give you their interpretation. In Christian forums you really need to learn how to Spiritually discern truth from error and at times shake the dust from your feet and move on to another topic of discussion. Just don't let yourself be discouraged by others as this is a discussion forum with many points of view by how one studies.
Thank you! sounds like good and honest advice. It seems many seem to give advice here as a chance to speak down to others?
I really have known almost nothing of "Calvinist" doctrine? i have been looking into it, and i find they hold many of the same truths that The Lord-HS has taught me. very interesting the conflict here between the "legalist"Vs "calvinist" :pray
Thank you again for your sound words.

i suggest you look at the azure street revival almost all forms of charismata comes from that. my demonation and a.b. simpsons' christian missionary alliance and two others started it.

[/U][/B]

lovely, i must ask. you seem familiar. i want to be sure that you arent someone i knew before here but if your are its odd that we did clash. hmm jenn and i know each other to well but then she did dissappear and not a peep.

ok well then i can discuss the wof with you as well i know things of the pentacostal tradition and have been baptised in the holy spirit.

ok so i assume that you either believe that a christian shouldnt be poor or beg or that the wof is that as i am we can go to god and believe that he will provide for us and also allow us to suffer for his glory.

clarify please.
You know? i think it is very sad that many take the great power of faith in His Word, to place greed in the hearts of others?
Although i believe absolutly in Gods provision and blessings, i do not have fellowship with those who practice such things!

Did i answer your question? Glad you gave me another chance:)

i suggest you look at the azure street revival almost all forms of charismata comes from that. my demonation and a.b. simpsons' christian missionary alliance and two others started it.
i have read much about it! and have you ever heard of the 2nd outpouring there?

a "grace" "Finished Work" preacher came and preached after the first outpouring
The 2nd move of God was greater than the first!:)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back