Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Hello Everyone,

three years ago I nearly died from a stroke during surgery and the Lord reached out to me as I was dying. Since then I’ve dedicated myself to investigating scripture to find the truth. the Holy Spirit has revealed to me that the story of Jesus is real. Amen and praise the Lord. However, the Holy Spirit also has provided me messages to share - mainly the theological stew created by people that muddies up the word of God. I’ve been kicked off three forums for simply opening up a discussion on the subjec, bu5 I hope I found a h9me here to have an open, hon, and completely facts based discussion about the Word of God!

Hello Everyone,

three years ago I nearly died from a stroke during surgery and the Lord reached out to me as I was dying. Since then I’ve dedicated myself to investigating scripture to find the truth. the Holy Spirit has revealed to me that the story of Jesus is real. Amen and praise the Lord. However, the Holy Spirit also has provided me messages to share - mainly the theological stew created by people that muddies up the word of God. I’ve been kicked off three forums for simply opening up a discussion on the subjec, bu5 I hope I found a h9me here to have an open, honest, and completely facts based discussion about the Word of God!

PS, sorry for the typos, I hate IPad typing.

Hello Everyone,

three years ago I nearly died from a stroke during surgery and the Lord reached out to me as I was dying. Since then I’ve dedicated myself to investigating scripture to find the truth. the Holy Spirit has revealed to me that the story of Jesus is real. Amen and praise the Lord. However, the Holy Spirit also has provided me messages to share - mainly the theological stew created by people that muddies up the word of God. I’ve been kicked off three forums for simply opening up a discussion on the subjec, bu5 I hope I found a h9me here to have an open, hon, and completely facts based discussion about the Word of God!

Well, getting kicked off of forums can sometimes be a sign that you might want to examine what you are doing in some way, but I welcome you to Christian Forums and hope things work out better for you here.

Where were you kicked out from, and what specifically were you kicked out for?

Blessings in Christ,
Hidden In Him

Christianforums.com and theologyonline.com kicked me off for posting a similar message to what I posted here. Not sure what is offensive about having a discussion about the truth in scripture. I asked for input at theologyonline about why God would wait for so many years to have the Gospels written. God is in charge and decreed the time of Jesus, so what possible reason was there for God waiting to have his word written?

Christianforums.com and theologyonline.com kicked me off for posting a similar message to what I posted here. Not sure what is offensive about having a discussion about the truth in scripture. I asked for input at theologyonline about why God would wait for so many years to have the Gospels written. God is in charge and decreed the time of Jesus, so what possible reason was there for God waiting to have his word written?
Well, there are those who argue that they were written much earlier than typically thought. But, there could have been any number of reasons, such as the immediate persecution of Jewish believers, the likely lengthy and tedious task of collecting eyewitness stories, etc.

Jesus (God) handpicked twelve disciples, commissioned them to start the church, then people named Matthew, Mark, and Luke and one of the disciples waited years to write them? This was the source of my doubts I had to address. The story of a Jesus is great but the story of the authors lacks credibility when considering God is in charge.

I asked for input at theologyonline about why God would wait for so many years to have the Gospels written. God is in charge and decreed the time of Jesus, so what possible reason was there for God waiting to have his word written?

My answer here would be that they were simply going on verbal accounts at first, because not only did most know the story already but because the church started out small. But it was over time as the church began to grow that more and more people came entering in, and didn't know all the accounts of Jesus' life, and eventually they realized that full-fledged, large, hand-written accounts needed to be made for the entire church to be able to teach what had happened.

That seems reasonable, yes?

Well….if these accounts were about any other story besides the Son of God coming to earth, I’d agree with you. Jesus handpicked his eyewitnesses, so shouldn’t we expect that Jesus had his eyewitnesses write his story at the start of His church? With God nothing is impossible? With God his eyewitnesses writing his story is not only probable it is likely. That seems reasonable to me.

Jesus (God) handpicked twelve disciples, commissioned them to start the church, then people named Matthew, Mark, and Luke and one of the disciples waited years to write them? This was the source of my doubts I had to address.
Matthew likely was Matthew the apostle, Luke traveled with Paul, and Mark is possibly John Mark, who was a companion of Peter (Acts 12:12). It really is a non issue.

The story of a Jesus is great but the story of the authors lacks credibility when considering God is in charge.
How can any story lack credibility due to authors who were inspired by God? If God is in charge, then who the author is is irrelevant.

You seem to be using biblical references to refute the validity of the bible in my opinion. I could see how that logic could come off as offensive to some. It is rather self defeating as well is it not?

Well….if these accounts were about any other story besides the Son of God coming to earth, I’d agree with you. Jesus handpicked his eyewitnesses, so shouldn’t we expect that Jesus had his eyewitnesses write his story at the start of His church? With God nothing is impossible? With God his eyewitnesses writing his story is not only probable it is likely. That seems reasonable to me.
They were probably rather busy setting up churches and, again, there were probably many years worth of collecting eyewitness testimony. It makes the most sense to have close associates and traveling companions do the writing. This really is not an issue.

You seem to be using biblical references to refute the validity of the bible in my opinion. I could see how that logic could come off as offensive to some. It is rather self defeating as well is it not?
No, it is that you're begging the question by presuming that the stated authors lacked credibility. My biblical references give support to the likelihood that the authors are apostles and close companions of other apostles, which gives legitimacy to what they wrote. Not that it matters since all Scripture is God-breathed. If it wasn't, it wouldn't matter who wrote it.

I'm slow.
Are you saying the gospels were written by actual witnesses,
or are you saying they were NOT written by actual witnesses?

Welcome to the forum Bibleinvestigations ! :wave2

Jesus (God) handpicked twelve disciples, commissioned them to start the church, then people named Matthew, Mark, and Luke and one of the disciples waited years to write them? This was the source of my doubts I had to address. The story of a Jesus is great but the story of the authors lacks credibility when considering God is in charge.
You are having doubts where I have never had any doubts .

Sorry, I forgot to click send to my response.

My answer here is that it simply wasn't needed yet. When 3,000 came to faith at Pentecost, was it through the written word, or was it through the preaching of the apostles, being confirmed with signs and wonders?

I could elaborate, but I'll let you respond first.

Excellent thought everyone - I appreciate your comments. My analysis confirmed eyewitness accounts of the phenomenal story of Jesus, therefore I have eliminated long-term doubts that I had for many years. I am a 100% believer in Jesus, but not so in the theological stew of the gospel author story. I’ve always had problems with it. For example, if they are eyewitness accounts, how could Matthew write them when he didn‘t witness munch of what was written in that book?

Sorry, I forgot to click send to my response.

My answer here is that it simply wasn't needed yet. When 3,000 came to faith at Pentecost, was it through the written word, or was it through the preaching of the apostles, being confirmed with signs and wonders?

I could elaborate, but I'll let you respond first.
But those three thousand came to faith in the first year of the church so when they scattered, which God knew they would, documentation of Jesus would have helped give the church a solid truth footing.

Back