Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study This Gospel of the Kingdom

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Cyberseeker

And this gospel of the kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.” (Matt 24:14)

We all realise that the gospel has many facets. There is the good news of ‘redemption’, the good news of ‘justification’, the good news of ‘forgiveness of sins’, the good news of ‘new birth’, and so on. However, in Jesus’ Olivet discourse, he zeroes in on a special facet of the good news. He uses a different description; “This gospel of the kingdom …”

Exactly what is it referring to? What is the “gospel of the kingdom?”

Cyber

We all realise that the gospel has many facets. There is the good news of ‘redemption’, the good news of ‘justification’, the good news of ‘forgiveness of sins’, the good news of ‘new birth’, and so on. However, in Jesus’ Olivet discourse, he zeroes in on a special facet of the good news. He uses a different description; “This gospel of the kingdom …”

Cyber
Is the gospel preached today (gospel of salvation) for the present and that of the kingdom that which is to come?
Just a question

Cyber

The Gospel that Jesus unveiled carries two edges. In it's simplicity, it is for mankind and against devils, exemplified here, by Paul for example:

Acts 26:
18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

The Promise of His Kingdom "requires" that the kingdom of Satan and his minions be destroyed. I might say the "message" was delivered and carried "in the christian churches" but the reality of that destruction can only come from God in Christ.

The extreme difficulty that it brings to the churches is that the parties are presently overlapped, in the flesh. This is why judgment begins at the House of God.

1 Peter 4:17
For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

This judgment is currently reflected in divisions. Most see "the other people" or "the other believers" as enemies.

That was never the case. We should see the enemy when we look in the mirror. The Apostles emphasize this point repeatedly, but it is just plain old difficult to come into grips with, personally.

We love, by nature, to bask on the shiny side of the ledgers of God's Words, but there is cause to look to the alternative side, more so. It's difficult to perceive that there is a kingdom, unseen, and enemies, unseen. Even though the works of devils in this world are as plain as day, and we all seem to have no problem seeing the difficulties. But they are "internal" difficulties.

It (the destruction) is something we look and watch for, but we, in and of ourselves, can not bring it about.

Cyber
I would say truth, that the Holy Spirit will speak through you when you are delivered up.
As noted in Matt.24:9,10
Then shall they deliver you up, to be afflicted,
Many be offended, and shall betray one another...
Witness:
Mark 13:10-13
And the gospel must first be published among all nations.
But when they shall lead you, and deliver you up, take no thought beforehand what he shall speak, neither do ye premeditate, but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, ( hour of temptation) that speak ye, for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Spirit.

Another witness,
Luke 21:12-19
They shall lay hands on you, persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues, into prisons, being brought before kings and rulers for my name sake.
And it shall turn to you for a testimony.
Settle it therefore in your hearts, not to meditate before what ye shall answer,
For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist.
In your patience possess ye your souls.

I believe it is the unforgiven sin:

Luke 12:10-12
And whomsoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him, but unto him that blasphemeth the Holy Spirit it shall not be forgiven.
And when they bring you unto the synagogues, and unto magistrates, and powers, take ye no thought how or what thing he shall answer, or what ye shall say.

For the Holy Spirit shall teach you in the (same hour) what ye ought to say.

My beliefs...

Its this...

Romans 14:17 :.."
For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.""

Cyber

We're learning the Gospel of the Kingdom right now. That we need Abba, or we will die on our own. That He is Abba, our Father, and loves us without measure.

Be humble, loyal, and look to Him for help and guidance. To listen and obey Him in all things...showing respect and reverance as befitting a good son/wife would...

Then Abba be soo good, and pour out immeasurable blessings to us that we can't comprehend it all...

Just like the Word says. He told us all of if pretty much. Oh, we may not know exactly what blessings and so forth, but more importantly, it illustrates His Character and soft heart, how merciful, loving (and powerful) that He is. That's all we need to know for now, right?

But we'll live in a nicer neighborhood...

We're learning the Gospel of the Kingdom right now. That we need Abba, or we will die on our own. That He is Abba, our Father, and loves us without measure.

Have you ever been to Israel?
If so, then you'll know what im talking about.....
In Israel there are families walking everywhere, as everyone seems to walk outside a LOT...
Yes, there are a lot of cars, but, the streets are always found to have a lot of families walking, and this usually means 2-4 children, and often this means at least one baby carriage.....and so, the kids who are old enough to talk will call their daddy, "abba".
And it will just bring tears to your eyes to hear all the Israeli children in the streets saying......"abba, abba, abba", when they are calling their dad, as this brings it deeply home to your heart just how intimately we are connected to our heavenly father, who is our "abba".
See, God is not a neuter force field who is "out there".. He is daddy, He is papa, He is living in us through the Holy Spirit.
He is "abba".

Have you ever been to Israel?
If so, then you'll know what im talking about.....
In Israel there are families walking everywhere, as everyone seems to walk outside a LOT...
Yes, there are a lot of cars, but, the streets are always found to have a lot of families walking, and this usually means 2-4 children, and often this means at least one baby carriage.....and so, the kids who are old enough to talk will call their daddy, "abba".
And it will just bring tears to your eyes to hear all the Israeli children in the streets saying......"abba, abba, abba", when they are calling their dad, as this brings it deeply home to your heart just how intimately we are connected to our heavenly father, who is our "abba".
See, God is not a neuter force field who is "out there".. He is daddy, He is papa, He is living in us through the Holy Spirit.
He is "abba".
Your post reminds me of the 2 churches, God found no fault in.
Smyrna..
I know they works, and tribulation, and poverty, ( but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.
Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer, behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried, and ye shall have tribulation ten days, be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.
Philadelphia:
Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie, behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee,
Because thou hast kept the Word of My patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

Cyber

The good news of the kingdom is that it has a King who will save His own.

Cyber

14 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,
15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.
Mark 1:14-15 KJV

The Gospel [evangelion], picks up from the garden where Adam who bore the Image of God, was commissioned to multiply this Image and fill the earth, subduing it and having dominion. Genesis 1:27-28

Adam having failed in this, and allowing his authority over the earth to be given over to the very enemy he was called to subdue, subjected us all to the domain of darkness.

The Gospel is the call of the last Adam, to mankind, to turn from the power of Satan and his kingdom, to the kingdom of God.

The Gospel is the call of God to mankind, to come out of hiding... I heard the sound of You in the garden, and I was afraid... so I hid myself.” Genesis 3:10

Jesus commission's Paul -

But rise and stand on your feet; for I have appeared to you for this purpose, to make you a minister and a witness both of the things which you have seen and of the things which I will yet reveal to you. 17 I will deliver you from the Jewish people, as well as from the Gentiles, to whom I now send you, 18 to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.’ Acts 26:16-18

That we would be delivered from the dominion of darkness into the kingdom of Jesus Christ, God's dear Son.

He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love, Colossians 1:13

The NASB says it this way -

For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son, Colossians 1:13 NASB

He rescued us from the domain of darkness.... Now that's Good News!

JLB

Is the gospel preached today (gospel of salvation) for the present and that of the kingdom that which is to come?
Just a question

A common explanation is that its connection to end-time events in Matthew 24 infers that a special message of an impending ‘Messianic age kingdom’ (centred in Jerusalem?) would be preached shortly before Christ’s second coming. This theory does not go so far as to say that it was a different gospel, but the emphasis shifts from ‘Saviour’ to what we might call, the gospel of ‘our soon coming King.’

I am not comfortable with this teaching, and would like to hear from forum members whether or not it is the standard interpretation of the term. If not, could someone suggest, how should we be explaining the “gospel of the kingdom,” but, in more specifics than, "righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost."

Mat 24:1 ¶ And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple.
Mat 24:2 - And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.
Mat 24:3 ¶ And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?
Mat 24:4 - And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
Mat 24:5 - For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
Mat 24:6 - And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
Mat 24:7 - For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
Mat 24:8 - All these are the beginning of sorrows.
Mat 24:9 - Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.
Mat 24:10 - And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.
Mat 24:11 - And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
Mat 24:12 - And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
Mat 24:13 - But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
Mat 24:14 - And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.​

The only thing in the above verses that would be recognizable to the disciples as gospel (good news) is "he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved". The gospel of the kingdom is that despite all the necessary unpleasantness coming, the overcomers will be saved. This is the promise of Christianity.

Hi,brother Cyberseeker!I want to talk with you for this question.
2 Peter 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
How do you see this Bible chapter?

The Gospel of the Kingdom, in it's essential, is that the "other kingdom" will be destroyed.

We can look at the kingdoms of men, and see, only passing flesh kingdoms.

There is however another kingdom that has operated on the earth, and in flesh, from day one, and that is this one:

Matthew 12:26
And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?

Where we read of Kingdom rising against kingdom (little k kingdom for Satan's) these are the Kingdom/kingdom(s) being spoken of.

And beyond this, there is much more to observe, for example, we know for no uncertain fact "how" the little k kingdom receives it's power, how it operates, how it functions, directly out of the N.T., here for example:

1 John 3:8
He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

God in Christ specifically directed His sights to the other kingdom, and it's occupants. Jesus also shows us many many things about how these entities, unseen, operate.

In Mark 4:15 for example, we can see that where the Word is sown, Satan enters the heart to blind/steal Word. A sin, of course. And not of the person, but of Satan. This is a "real" and "dynamic" principle. There is no avoiding this encounter for any "flesh man." All have sin, and the scripture has concluded all under sin. Gal. 3:22.

The overlap between man and Satan in the flesh can't be made any clearer. But, it's a testimony to the other kingdom, that it isn't seen or perceived by believers. Pity, eh?

How then is this kingdom "empowered?"

Here, Paul shows us where sin derives it's power. It's the power of "resistance" that Satan has been given.

1 Corinthians 15:56
The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.

Paul lays this same principle on himself, here in Romans 7:7-8

7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.
8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.

This is one of the Spiritual reasons we don't put our "flesh" under the Law, because it does have the power to cause a very adverse reaction by the other party. We even know what those reactions are. Lying. Hypocrisy. 1 Tim. 4:2. And ultimately such "victims" end up wanting to see other christians burned alive forever or eternally killed. This "internal infection" has thoroughly permeated ALL the churches in their various divisions. All you have to do is ask them what happens to the "other denominations." Their anti-fruit is seared into their brains, and more than likely they WON'T be coming out from under the iniquity ether of the other kingdom, at least while they are still in the flesh.

Paul even advises us on the "end game" with this exercise, here, again, from Romans 7:13, in part:

"But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful."

So, there we have our basic scriptural spiritual vs. the anti-Christ spirit dynamic, between these TWO kingdoms, one of which remains to come to the forefront.

and btw, fwiw, the most obvious sign of the operation of the little k, kingdom heads, is the blaming and accusations to believers. This IS one of the hallmarks, and the most easily recognized SIGN of their internal impositions. They'll force "believers" to see anyone but THEM. Another sign is the inability to speak truthfully about them, in the internal actions of the "victims." They just can't speak the truth. It's against what 'they' do.

The Gospel of Thee Kingdom, is that the other kingdom will be utterly destroyed. And, seeing the "locale" of that kingdom, uh, yeah, it will be more than a little uncomfortable for the current usurpers.

Last edited:

Cyber
The Gospel of the Kingdom of Heaven is the rule of the son of David according to the flesh, who is also God according to the Spirit (The Christ) Who will rule the earthly Kingdom. The Kingdom of heaven has for it's constitution the teachings of Christ on the Sermon on the mountain. (Matt 4: 23) (Mathews Chapters 5,6, and 7) The Kingdom of Heaven is different than the Kingdom of God in that the Kingdom of God includes all created beings in heaven and earth, Whereas the Kingdom of Heaven is the earthly rule or Kingdom. The Kingdom of Heaven is in the Kingdom of God. The religious leaders of Israel rejected the King of the Kingdom of Heaven, so it is postponed. It will be preached again during the tribulation and then afterwards will occur and last For 1000 years (Matthews chapters 24 and 25) are during the tribulation and to keep a watch for the Lord when He comes. There is more to explain, but this will give you some insight.

Last edited:
The Gospel of the Kingdom of Heaven is the rule of the son of David according to the flesh, who is also God according to the Spirit (The Christ) Who will rule the earthly Kingdom. The Kingdom of heaven has for it's constitution the teachings of Christ on the Sermon on the mountain. (Matt 4: 23) (Mathews Chapters 5,6, and 7) The Kingdom of Heaven is different than the Kingdom of God in that the Kingdom of God includes all created beings in heaven and earth, Whereas the Kingdom of Heaven is the earthly rule or Kingdom. The Kingdom of Heaven is in the Kingdom of God. The religious leaders of Israel rejected the King of the Kingdom of Heaven, so it is postponed. It will be preached again during the tribulation and then afterwards will occur and last For 1000 (Matthews chapters 24 and 25) are during the tribulation and to keep a watch for the Lord when He comes. There is more to explain, but this will give you some insight.

Hang on, Im a bit lost here. :confused2 Is the gospel of the kingdom of heaven different to the gospel of the kingdom of God? You say that the Kingdom of Heaven was postponed but will be preached again during the tribulation. What will its message be?

Back