Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

This is what to expect with Obama's health insurance

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Well Tim, I imagine you know where I am on this...

Exo 15:26 And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the LORD that healeth thee.

Deu 7:11 Thou shalt therefore keep the commandments, and the statutes, and the judgments, which I command thee this day, to do them.
Deu 7:15 And the LORD will take away from thee all sickness, and will put none of the evil diseases of Egypt, which thou knowest, upon thee; but will lay them upon all them that hate thee.

Psa 103:3 Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;

Jas 5:14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:

That's right. And if we follow his commands, part of them tell us how to eat right instead of listening to medical, health, or even Michele Obamama's advice. In short, we are sick because we turn away from biblical advice and follow something else.

I'm rarely sick (even though my mainline Christian counterparts tell me I will be if I don't do this, that or the other thing--- they get sick, so the logic is they think that I must, too). And I rarely go to the doctor. If I go, it's more to confirm diagnosis instead of receiving continuous treatment as many do--- if I know what I have, I can deal with it. They even invent conditions such as high cholesterol, high blood pressure, high this or that to convince us we "need" these medicines the rest of our lives. No we don't. So that kind of stuff I don't listen to. I don't even know what my cholesterol is and I don't care.

When I am sick, I get introspective and see where I went wrong.

Here is a very good treatment on James 5:14...

http://stlouis.cogwa.org/media/entry/anointing-for-healing

Same fellow who did the treatment on the law.

http://stlouis.cogwa.org/media/entry...ng-for-healing

When being healed is contingent on our food, works of righteousness, and any other means other than the grace of God I like to observe a picture of them that preach that doctrine. Do they wear glasses? I always wonder why, and do any believe if a tooth began hurting they would not go to the dentist?

http://stlouis.cogwa.org/media/entry...ng-for-healing

When being healed is contingent on our food, works of righteousness, and any other means other than the grace of God I like to observe a picture of them that preach that doctrine. Do they wear glasses? I always wonder why, and do any believe if a tooth began hurting they would not go to the dentist?

I agree with John, although when it gets to that point I have to wonder why resorting to elders? That's scriptural, but what gets us to that point? If the elders are buying a whole keg of olive oil for the same person all the time there's a problem. What is commonly called communion, the wine is for our sins. The bread is for physical healing, and maybe some of our sicknesses are taking of the Lord's supper in an unworthy manner, not discerning the body.

In the pragmatic end of things, I hold the belief that 30% of all medicine is the traditional treatment of actual disease (the way the old time doctors did it where they actually cared for the patient). Most of it, though, is political and agenda based, and I suspect that's what most patients deal with, including Christians who are told they are "sick" and they "need" this medication for the rest of their lives. It's the latter, (not the former who need trauma medicine such as a medical emergency or an injury), that I am critical of.

The reason why Christians have so many sicknesses is because they are probably obeying worldly advice, and to prove my point, just go to in this forum where I titled it "Get a Medical Check-up, Don't Bother!"

http://www.christianforums.net/showthread.php?t=47814&pagenumber=

You can see the flack I got over that. I guess they all think I'm so unhealthy, but I'm not the one gracing the doctor's office all the time. I'm reading stuff like "I'm the Lord that heals thee".

Regarding the beast and the pharm/med industries..

They have both become corrupt with evil.

Along with the government, most importantly the federal government.

The food industry.

The entertainment industry.

Our country is going down a dark path. If indeed this is the end times I wouldn't be surprised with the amount of evil we are surrounded with.

ok so then why did the torah have commands on how to deal with leprosy? yet that is so easily avoided? simply have a sewer system and wash oneself and you are way less likely to get it. yet that is found in the same book with the kosher laws given.

Back