Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Those who don't pay their tithes shall end up in hell

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I've witnessed, first hand, so many believers warped, twisted and put in financial bondage by their pastors or other supposed church leaders over "tithe" teachings it's not even funny.

Give and God will give you more is nothing but a ponzi scheme. God is NOT manipulated by such antics but some who are good? (bad!) at it make a nice pile of cash for themselves promoting such schemes.

The law (including tithing) resulted in adverse judgments falling on Israel as a nation and a people. Maybe there are other things to learn about the law that are NOT in the favor of the flesh?

Last year a farmers cows produced 20,000 gallons of milk, this year he got 30,000 gallons of milk. That's a 10,000 increase blessed by God Most High. He needs to take 10% of the increase, that is 1,000 gallons of milk, to church next week.
No but as an electrician I can install switches, change ballasts in lights, run new circuits for lighting, and assist with youth group room redesigning....as well as provide electrical and other handyman services for free to the staff and widows of the church.
Those services I have professionally done are worth thousands of dollars at this point. But I have yet to ever give them a bill for the work i have done.

I have run data cable for monitors and speakers. Changed breakers that wear out. Rebuilt a stage quality lighting contactor and the list is endless. I don't count or care to.

Because I like giving.

And I remember the times that God has come through for me in big ways... like thousands of dollars to pay for my wedding, gourmet dinner when we've had no money for groceries... being invited to steak dinners when I'm so broke and lonely.

So...yeah. I stand on firm ground while standing in mid air...to me, it's a lot more sure than that dirt/concrete/asphalt many others stand on.

At least non tithers can fix there car when it breaks down. I mean after rent, food, gas, people usually have a bit left over so they can donate a little and save a little. With compulsory tithe that's all cash gone, and when something like vehicle registration, doctors, or a vehicle breaks down and unexpected bills come in the multi million dollar tithe pastor and church covered in gold sure ain't going to help.

I think people are brainwashed if they think its not christian to save a little money, and they must give all there cash to the church, because when your car breaks down its not magically just going to be fixed by God. And if you can't service or fix your car you can't get to work.
It is Christian to save some for future needs (retirement, major home repairs, etc.) so long as it doesn't fall into hording.

Young Christians need discipling.
Part of discipling is financial planning.
My guess is most Christians get a mini Bible and a lecture on tithing instead.

I've witnessed, first hand, so many believers warped, twisted and put in financial bondage by their pastors or other supposed church leaders over "tithe" teachings it's not even funny.

Give and God will give you more is nothing but a ponzi scheme. God is NOT manipulated by such antics but some who are good? (bad!) at it make a nice pile of cash for themselves promoting such schemes.

The law (including tithing) resulted in adverse judgments falling on Israel as a nation and a people. Maybe there are other things to learn about the law that are NOT in the favor of the flesh?
It's called the "Give-To-Get" preaching.

I've heard it...it's pathetic.
It twists scripture to create palatial churches and residences for pastors and leaders of the church...and they are the ones that Paul spoke directly against. They have been hauled before Congress to testify in their own defense for their luxurious lifestyles.
Sure most of Congress isn't exactly hard core church members these days but they do recognize something rotten.

You would think that people would get a clue about these preachers...but they continue to give to these hucksters.

I got a feeling that some of them will be really sorry on judgement day.

I don't think the tithe church realise that there taking from the poor.

People pay there tax to the govn and the govn give people benefits, then they give to the church because they think there commanded to give 10%.

So really the govn gives to the poor a minimal amount to survive, and then the church takes from the poor.

The govn even gives tithe to the poor. By poor I mean no income for survival. Not like complete poverty poor but without that small govn income there living out dumpsters or having to bludge off family.

Last edited:

People pay there tax to the govn and the govn give people benefits, then they give to the church because they think there commanded to give 10%.

So really the govn gives to the poor, and then the church takes from the poor.

The govn gives tithe to the poor.
Good rationalization.

So really the govn gives to the poor, and then the church takes from the poor.
Giving to a church is only one place to give.
There are many ways to give to God.

But churches are a great place to give. They usually have many ministries they are involved with including children's group homes, foster children, homeless shelters, women's shelters, prison ministries, alcoholics anonymous, marital counseling, foreign missions, local mission churches and a lot more.

I wouldn't understand why someone would be against giving to a church (like many do) when they support so many ministries.

I have nothing against people giving to a church. Just not a tithe church because they command or expect people to pay at least 10% and that's not right.

Freely give, freely receive.

I have nothing against people giving to a church. Just not a tithe church because they command or expect people to pay at least 10% and that's not right.

Freely give, freely receive.
So where, what, when do you promote giving to?

I keep hearing where you don't want to give...
Just asking about what charities or organizations you do promote. Surely you promote something... I'm just curious as to what it is.

The Church should be (Now dont shoot me for my choice of words) the worlds welfare system.. not the government.. Having the government give to the poor, teaches them their lively hood comes government not God..

We should give.. because giving is good not so we can get...

Its true. Compulsory tax is not giving from the heart and many people who receive the welfare from that tax become dependant on it, and the govn are dependant on the tax. So its just a crooked cycle.

But freely give and freely receive is good.

The tithe church is like the govn. It becomes dependant on the tithe and people can't give from there heart because they have a compulsory barrier put over them. 100% or 1% it don't really matter, just whatever someone can freely give that week is enough.

The tithe church and pastor buys so many luxuries it needs to maintain them all and is dependant on the tithe to fuel the private jet each week and maintain it.

The tithe church is dependant on tithe, not God. But it can't threaten with prison like the govn if people don't pay, it just threatens them with hell.

Last edited:
Church of God.
Maybe this can read give 10% or never be a member in good standing, therefore, never be right with God.
Southern Baptist if they choose to follow the Southern Baptist Convention
Thanks for that info. I don't know any scripture though that mentions hell with not tithing. For it to be true, you need something called scriptures.

The Church should be (Now dont shoot me for my choice of words) the worlds welfare system.. not the government.. Having the government give to the poor, teaches them their lively hood comes government not God..

We should give.. because giving is good not so we can get...
Kind of like planting tomato seeds and never going back out to check them again. You reap what you sow, God is not mocked and giving He said that I shall have all supply, abundance, and grace abound toward me that I be equipped for every good work.
I go back and expect my tomatoes.

Well...are we not grafted into the vine?
Are you saying that Christians have to keep the Law of Moses?
That's what your questions suggest.
Are not the words of that book for all?
The Law of Moses is the covenant between Israel and God. It is called the "Old Covenant (Testament) because it has been replaced by the New Covenant (Testament).
The Old Covenant's stipulations were; if Israel kept God's commands, they would do well and live long in the land. (Deu 5:33)
Tithing is part of the Law of Moses.
The New Covenant stipulates that whoever (Jew or Gentile) believes (believing includes acting like you believe) in Jesus will have eternal life.
There is nothing about tithing in the New Covenant.
There is the warning that, if you rely on keeping part of the Old Covenant then you are under a curse. (Gal 3:10)

So, when some pastor quotes Malachi and tells his congregation that if they don't pay their tithes they are robbing God, (Mal 3:8) that is a false pastor who is trying to impose the Law of Moses on people who are not under the Law of Moses.

iakov the fool

Southern Baptists tithe because they are told to tithe.
They say God expects them to tithe.
If any Southern Baptists say I'm wrong, start a new thread and I'll shut you down on this.
Assembly of God says they don't believe in tithing but then they say they encourage the use of Malachi 3 to get money.
How's that for a hypocritical denomination?
Church of God says they require tithing to make sure the pastor gets paid.
That it is a sin not to pay the pastor.
Tithing will ensure that he gets paid.
Don't look at me, it's written in their rules of the denomination on the internet from the Church of God site.

Are you saying that Christians have to keep the Law of Moses?
That's what your questions suggest.

The Law of Moses is the covenant between Israel and God. It is called the "Old Covenant (Testament) because it has been replaced by the New Covenant (Testament).
The Old Covenant's stipulations were; if Israel kept God's commands, they would do well and live long in the land. (Deu 5:33)
Tithing is part of the Law of Moses.
The New Covenant stipulates that whoever (Jew or Gentile) believes (believing includes acting like you believe) in Jesus will have eternal life.
There is nothing about tithing in the New Covenant.
There is the warning that, if you rely on keeping part of the Old Covenant then you are under a curse. (Gal 3:10)

So, when some pastor quotes Malachi and tells his congregation that if they don't pay their tithes they are robbing God, (Mal 3:8) that is a false pastor who is trying to impose the Law of Moses on people who are not under the Law of Moses.

iakov the fool

No, I'm saying that we are grafted into the vine...and become as God's chosen people, one of His sheep. Sorry if you misunderstood or I was unclear.

Ya' know, calling them, old testament/new testament is actually a little misleading...I like to think of the "new" testament as...the modified testament (covenant). While the OT has much wisdom in it for us to live by, we're not bound to much of the old law because when Jesus came, he did in fact, fulfill much and modified our obligations toward God. No more sacrifice, no more prayer shawls, and so forth, but only to believe on His son, Jesus as you said. To love God with all of our heart and being and to love our Brothers & Sisters as yourself...and if this is done by us, we would in fact be keeping the 10 commandments also.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back