Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

To whom is the gospel preached ?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
B

beloved57

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isa 61:

The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;

Lk 4:

The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

Our text here are very explicit as to who our Lord sends the tidings of good news to...

It is sent to the meek , the brokenhearted, to the captives , its an announcement that the captives have been set free, not its possibel or offered to set free , but they have been set free..

This is the covenant blood of christ setting free all the election of grace , that fell in adam and became captive at his will, but the blood of the covenant sets Gods prisoners free by the shed blood..

zech 9:

9Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ***, and upon a colt the foal of an ***.
10And I will cut off the chariot from Ephraim, and the horse from Jerusalem, and the battle bow shall be cut off: and he shall speak peace unto the heathen: and his dominion shall be from sea even to sea, and from the river even to the ends of the earth. 11As for thee also, by the blood of thy covenant I have sent forth thy prisoners out of the pit wherein is no water.

The blood of christ has effectually set free all the prisoners of hope, the elect, the church, the bride of christ..and in Gods time each one is brought to this saving knowledge via the good news of the gospel as it is applied by the Holy spirit of God..

eph 1:

12That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.
13In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Thats who the gospel is preached to , the elect bride , of christ, the daughter of jerusalem... the daughter of zion , the children of promises

gal:4

22For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.

23But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.
24Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.
25For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children. 26But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand.

quote by beloved57:

Isa 61:

The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;

That’s right, God resists the proud and extends grace to the humble. That’s why Peter tells us in 1 Peter 5:6:
Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time

quote by beloved57:
Lk 4:

The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

Our text here are very explicit as to who our Lord sends the tidings of good news to...

It is sent to the meek , the brokenhearted, to the captives , its an announcement that the captives have been set free, not its possibel or offered to set free , but they have been set free..

Yes, if you are being bound by sin, fear and despair, come to Christ and follow him out of your miserable state into the liberty of the sons of God. He paid for your freedom with his own blood, so now you are free from sin and it’s awful consequences. Just as Jesus freed those bound by disease, you have been set free from sin and death but you must arise and walk in the paths of righteousness. If we sin, we have only to repent and the blood will cover that sin.

quote by beloved57:
This is the covenant blood of christ setting free all the election of grace , that fell in adam and became captive at his will, but the blood of the covenant sets Gods prisoners free. Our sins are covered by the shed blood…

…as we repent of them. We have to get up and leave those sins behind if we are going to be free of them and their consequences. The election of grace pertains to something entirely different about the chosen people of God, the descendants of Abraham, both earthy and spiritual, but in differing contexts from the way you are using it. I know it’s hard to imagine you’re not special to God among all the people of the world, but he is not a respecter of persons. He died for all and all who come to him by faith will be accepted in the beloved. We become children of Abraham simply by faith in Christ and obedience to his words.

quote by beloved57:
zech 9:

9Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ***, and upon a colt the foal of an ***.
10And I will cut off the chariot from Ephraim, and the horse from Jerusalem, and the battle bow shall be cut off: and he shall speak peace unto the heathen: and his dominion shall be from sea even to sea, and from the river even to the ends of the earth. 11As for thee also, by the blood of thy covenant I have sent forth thy prisoners out of the pit wherein is no water.

The blood of christ has effectually set free all the prisoners of hope, the elect, the church, the bride of christ..and in Gods time each one is brought to this saving knowledge via the good news of the gospel as it is applied by the Holy spirit of God..

No, the blood of Christ sets all free from the penalty of sin, when they repent and follow Christ. These are the elect, but anyone can become part of the elect by their repentance and faith in Christ and obedience to him. God determined this from the foundation of the world, that whosoever will may come to his Son for forgiveness of their sins by faith in him and his word.

quote by beloved57:
eph 1:
13In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Thats who the gospel is preached to , the elect bride , of christ, the daughter of jerusalem... the daughter of zion , the children of promises

22For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.

23But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.
24Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.
25For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children. 26But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand.

I would like to quote stovebolts from another thread:
“Again, God offers his grace to all of humanity. Furthermore, God's grace is a universal offering for truly, as it is written;
1 John 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but aso for the sins of the whole world.â€Â

unred typo said:
quote by beloved57:

Isa 61:

That’s right, God resists the proud and extends grace to the humble. That’s why Peter tells us in 1 Peter 5:6:
Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time

[quote:8b44d]quote by beloved57:
Lk 4:

Yes, if you are being bound by sin, fear and despair, come to Christ and follow him out of your miserable state into the liberty of the sons of God. He paid for your freedom with his own blood, so now you are free from sin and it’s awful consequences. Just as Jesus freed those bound by disease, you have been set free from sin and death but you must arise and walk in the paths of righteousness. If we sin, we have only to repent and the blood will cover that sin.

quote by beloved57:
This is the covenant blood of christ setting free all the election of grace , that fell in adam and became captive at his will, but the blood of the covenant sets Gods prisoners free. Our sins are covered by the shed blood…

…as we repent of them. We have to get up and leave those sins behind if we are going to be free of them and their consequences. The election of grace pertains to something entirely different about the chosen people of God, the descendants of Abraham, both earthy and spiritual, but in differing contexts from the way you are using it. I know it’s hard to imagine you’re not special to God among all the people of the world, but he is not a respecter of persons. He died for all and all who come to him by faith will be accepted in the beloved. We become children of Abraham simply by faith in Christ and obedience to his words.

quote by beloved57:
zech 9:

No, the blood of Christ sets all free from the penalty of sin, when they repent and follow Christ. These are the elect, but anyone can become part of the elect by their repentance and faith in Christ and obedience to him. God determined this from the foundation of the world, that whosoever will may come to his Son for forgiveness of their sins by faith in him and his word.

quote by beloved57:
eph 1:

I would like to quote stovebolts from another thread:
“Again, God offers his grace to all of humanity. Furthermore, God's grace is a universal offering for truly, as it is written;
1 John 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.â€Â[/quote:8b44d]

God only Loves and saves certain people knwn as His elect..all others he will condemn to hell, they have no chance whatsoever of being saved..none..

quote by beloved57:
God only Loves and saves certain people knwn as His elect..all others he will condemn to hell, they have no chance whatsoever of being saved..none..

I’m still curious. It’s not a hard question; ( is it? ) do you consider yourself one of the elect?

beloved57 said:
What Scripture will you put forward in defence of this position?

I think it is clear that Romans 9 does not support this position - a comprehensive analysis of Romans rather obviously shows that the "election" being described here has nothing to do with the election of individuals to salvation or loss, but rather deals with the election of "Israel according to the flesh". I am prepared to discuss this text further with you if you wish.

I think that Ephesians 1 also does not support this position. A powerful case exists that Paul is talking here about a specific set of persons being elected in support of a specific goal that God wants to achieve. If onE carefully analyses the text, the notion that Paul is talking about human beings in general being pre-destined simply cannot be sustained. I have posted an argument against the "general predestination" interpretation of Ephesians 1 here:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=30240

While the argument I have provided requires mulitple posts to present, and I have not yet finished it, please feel free to go to that thread and see if you can critique the argument.

And I think that John 6 also does not do the trick. I am in the process of developing an argument that John 6 does not teach election of individuals and will start a thread on this as soon as I can.

OP title: To whom is the gospel preached ?

So that this discussion doesn't fall one way, lets do some scripture harmonizing. I'll start with some proof text:

Mat 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Mark 13:10 And the gospel must first be published among all nations.

Mark 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Rom 10:18 But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world.

Mark 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

does this include squirrels and elephants to ?

Was this objective accomplished by those this command was given ?

Paul seems to think so..

col 1:

If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

Now, the question would be is this..had every human being during that time hear the gospel preaced for its in the past tense ?

or does every creature mean something else ?

quote by beloved57:

Paul seems to think so..

col 1:

If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

Now, the question would be is this..had every human being during that time hear the gospel preaced for its in the past tense ?

Every human being had been given the witness of the Holy Spirit. In fact, every person has the Holy Spirit to witness to them right now. What we need to preach is the good news that by following Christ, (who is witnessed to us by the Holy Spirit, the writings of the apostles and prophets, the world and creation around us, and other believers) our sins are forgiven and covered with his blood and we can be given eternal life. The good news is not the venom that you spew out, ….sir.

unred typo said:
quote by beloved57:

Paul seems to think so..

col 1:

Every human being had been given the witness of the Holy Spirit. In fact, every person has the Holy Spirit to witness to them right now. What we need to preach is the good news that by following Christ, (who is witnessed to us by the Holy Spirit, the writings of the apostles and prophets, the world and creation around us, and other believers) our sins are forgiven and covered with his blood and we can be given eternal life. The good news is not the venom that you spew out, ….sir.

What is needed is for false witnesses like you to be either converted or silenced and reserve you for your future damnation sir..

Jude

4For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

5I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not.

6And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

7Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

8Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities.

How you like judes words ? you wanna lecture him on his not having love lol..

quote by beloved57:
What is needed is for false witnesses like you to be either converted or silenced and reserve you for your future damnation sir..

Jude

4For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

5I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not.

6And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

7Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

8Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities.

I agree with Jude. Those who deny the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, who say we do not have to follow them in order to be saved, are ungodly men and filthy dreamers who despise his dominion over their lives. You know what happens to them, don’t you? Repent, beloved57. You have a choice. Your fate is in your hands. God has provided everything you need to be saved; follow Christ and do what he commanded us to do.

unred typo said:
quote by beloved57:

Jude

I agree with Jude. Those who deny the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, who say we do not have to follow them in order to be saved, are ungodly men and filthy dreamers who despise his dominion over their lives. You know what happens to them, don’t you? Repent, beloved57. You have a choice. Your fate is in your hands. God has provided everything you need to be saved; follow Christ and do what he commanded us to do.

your god is a loser and needs to be saved himself :tongue

beloved57 said:
unred typo said:
quote by beloved57:

Jude

your god is a loser and needs to be saved himself :tongue

Obviously, you don't know my God. To know him is to love him, for he is love. :smt049 but he's no whimp either. He demands obedience and he will punish those who refuse to follow the teaching of his son and the leading of his Holy Spirit. Guess what they teach and lead you to do?

1 Thessalonians 4:9
But as touching brotherly love you need not that I write unto you: for you yourselves are taught of God to love one another.:smt060

Matthew 5:44
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That you may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. :smt054

Luke 6:35
But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil. :smt055

John 15:10
If you keep my commandments, you shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

This is my commandment, That you love one another, as I have loved you.

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. :smt057

Jude

How you like judes words ? you wanna lecture him on his not having love lol..[/quote]

I agree with Jude. Those who deny the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, who say we do not have to follow them in order to be saved, are ungodly men and filthy dreamers who despise his dominion over their lives. You know what happens to them, don’t you? Repent, beloved57. You have a choice. Your fate is in your hands. God has provided everything you need to be saved; follow Christ and do what he commanded us to do.[/quote]

your god is a loser and needs to be saved himself :tongue[/quote]

Obviously, you don't know my God. To know him is to love him, for he is love. :smt049 but he's no whimp either. He demands obedience and he will punish those who refuse to follow the teaching of his son and the leading of his Holy Spirit. Guess what they teach and lead you to do?

1 Thessalonians 4:9
But as touching brotherly love you need not that I write unto you: for you yourselves are taught of God to love one another.:smt060

Matthew 5:44
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That you may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. :smt054

Luke 6:35
But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil. :smt055

John 15:10
If you keep my commandments, you shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

This is my commandment, That you love one another, as I have loved you.

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. :smt057[/quote]

You dont know the first thing about love , for you have not been converted and serving the devil sir, the god you serve is a idol...

Also you are a work monger , Christ has fullfilled the law for true believers , and that includes loving ones neighbors God views all His elect as keeping every last commadment perfectly because He has imputeth until them the righteousness of christ..so according to God I love all my enemies and my neighbor as my self because Christ did it for me, not only for me but for all the elect.. You are self righteous and trust and have confidence in the flesh, you are not of God...but there is hope if you are one of Gods elect, but as it stands right now you are dead in tresspasses and sins..

BTW you are not my brother..

quote by beloved57:
You dont know the first thing about love , for you have not been converted and serving the devil sir, the god you serve is a idol...

I only preach that everyone should follow the teachings of Christ and follow his Holy Spirit and the laws written by God himself on the hearts of all men everywhere. The God I serve is the God who sent his Son to die for all of mankind and provide a sacrifice that all may live. Whosoever will, may come. I am teaching what Jesus told his disciples to teach. I am teaching what they taught in the GOSPELs of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. You apparently don’t know what the gospel is.

The words of Christ are the gospel that the common people received gladly. They listened to him teach and those that believed were sealed to become born again after he rose from the dead and sent his spirit to earth. Don’t just take my word for it. Read the entire New Testament in one sitting for a change, instead of one or two or a dozen verses out of context, spliced together to make a doctrine that doesn’t exist except in the Calvinist mind.

quote by beloved57:
Also you are a work monger , Christ has fullfilled the law for true believers , and that includes loving ones neighbors God views all His elect as keeping every last commadment perfectly because He has imputeth until them the righteousness of christ..so according to God I love all my enemies and my neighbor as my self because Christ did it for me, not only for me but for all the elect.. You are self righteous and trust and have confidence in the flesh, you are not of God...but there is hope if you are one of Gods elect, but as it stands right now you are dead in tresspasses and sins..

Work monger? Good one. Jesus was a work monger, too, I suppose? He was the one that said to love one another as I have loved, to love your neighbor as yourself, and to love your enemy and those that despitefully abuse you. At least, that’s what his disciples taught when they went out into the world to preach what Jesus taught, the gospel, to every creature. ( every creature would include any race or people that were considered dogs, monkeys, snakes and swine by another people group, btw)

quote by beloved57:
BTW you are not my brother..

But you are mine. We are all brothers because we all came from Adam. We are related by blood on Adam’s side, but that only makes us half brothers. We become brothers in Christ when the Holy Spirit sees fit to cause our rebirth. When you are a viable new creature in Christ, you will be reborn of the Spirit. When you have accepted his word and grown in the word to have faith as a grain of mustard seed, so that you can withstand the wiles of the devil, you will be born of the Spirit of God. We know that no one who hates his brother has eternal life abiding in him. 1 John. Read the whole book until you find that verse and then keep going until you can prove that isn’t what it means. Good luck with that.

only preach that everyone should follow the teachings of Christ and follow his Holy Spirit and the laws written by God himself on the hearts of all men everywhere. The God I serve is the God who sent his Son to die for all of mankind and provide a sacrifice that all may live. Whosoever will, may come. I am teaching what Jesus told his disciples to teach. I am teaching what they taught in the GOSPELs of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. You apparently don’t know what the gospel is.

like I said you teach a false gospel and one that is inspired by the devil, you are not a servant of God nor do you know anything about Gods redeeming Love..

The words of Christ are the gospel that the common people received gladly. They listened to him teach and those that believed were sealed to become born again after he rose from the dead and sent his spirit to earth. Don’t just take my word for it. Read the entire New Testament in one sitting for a change, instead of one or two or a dozen verses out of context, spliced together to make a doctrine that doesn’t exist except in the Calvinist mind.

Rubbish..

Work monger? Good one. Jesus was a work monger, too, I suppose? He was the one that said to love one another as I have loved, to love your neighbor as yourself, and to love your enemy and those that despitefully abuse you. At least, that’s what his disciples taught when they went out into the world to preach what Jesus taught, the gospel, to every creature. ( every creature would include any race or people that were considered dogs, monkeys, snakes and swine by another people group, btw)

The command to love one another as I have Loved you is speaking directly to His disciples all for whom were elect, I do love other elect when they manifest the faith of Gods elect which you do not..I have no broterly love for a deciever and a heretic sir..

The Loving my neighbor as my self well I cant do it and any spiritual taught man will admit the same..and that is Law sir as in Matt 22

35Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying,

36Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
37Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

38This is the first and great commandment

39And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Now #1 work mongers Like yourself always resort to the 2nd commandment exposing that your interest are man centered and not God centered, all your post in rebuttal have been a misquoteing of the 2 nd commandment..why havent you condemned me for violation of the first commandment ? I already know because your mindset is man centered lol..which is Idolatry,

But going right along This belongs to Law and Hence christ is the end of the Law to everyone believing..

rom 10;

For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth

The Law is the school master for the elect to drive us to christ for our righteousness because the Law effectually taught us that we cannot keep it, period God uses the law to show the elect our helplessness and bondage to the spirituality of the Law..

Notice paul : rom 7:

7What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

8But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.

9For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.

10And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.

11For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.

12Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.
13Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.

This is something a self glorified proud aroogant no grace experiencing person like you can I dentify with with all your loving your neighbor as your self cowardly statements..You spiritual pride shows everytime you try to condemn me for not loving my neighbor as myself because I rebuke your God dishonoring doctrines, thats all you know of me, yet since you condemn me for that, you must believe in your proud heart that you keep that commandment without spot or wrinkle .. you are decieved young man and no nothing of christ or true Love, which springs first and foremost from A Love to God in response to His electing Love in christ which you deny and contradict..

But you are mine. We are all brothers because we all came from Adam

Again you show your spiitual ignorance Brotherly love is based upon the love peole share in their having a Newbirth experience with the sovereign grace of God..

1 jn 5

1Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.

you see that Loveth him also that is begotten of Him and you dont qualify seiing you blaspheme God in your ignorance and iconcompetence as a bible teacher you could nt teach my gold fish the bible..lol

But you are my neighbor..based upon proceeding naturally from adam, you need to learn how to rightly divide the truth..just shooting out verses cause you can read them.. you have no understanding..

If you are an elect , may God have mercy on you , but if not if you were one born to be taken and destroyed , well may Gods will be done...lata..

quote by beloved57:
The command to love one another as I have Loved you is speaking directly to His disciples all for whom were elect, I do love other elect when they manifest the faith of Gods elect which you do not..I have no broterly love for a deciever and a heretic sir..
Here, deal with this:
Matthew 5
1And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him:
2And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying, ‘love your enemies, etc.’ (read it yourself)
Matthew 28:18And Jesus came and spoke unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
19Go you therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
20Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

quote by beloved57:
The Loving my neighbor as my self well I cant do it and any spiritual taught man will admit the same..and that is Law sir as in Matt 22

35Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying,

36Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
37Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

38This is the first and great commandment.

39And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Now #1 work mongers Like yourself always resort to the 2nd commandment exposing that your interest are man centered and not God centered, all your post in rebuttal have been a misquoteing of the 2 nd commandment..why havent you condemned me for violation of the first commandment ? I already know because your mindset is man centered lol..which is Idolatry,

Scroll up. Matthew 5-7 and Matthew 28. Jesus told his disciples to teach the world all the things he commanded them to do. One thing he told them was to be perfect, even as his father in heaven was perfect. Do you know how to be perfect? By following Christ and if you do as he taught, loving and forgiving one another, God, for Christ’s sake, will forgive you. You will be perfect in Christ because the blood will cleanse you from all sin.

quote by beloved57:
But going right along This belongs to Law and Hence christ is the end of the Law to everyone believing..

rom 10;

For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth

The Law is the school master for the elect to drive us to christ for our righteousness because the Law effectually taught us that we cannot keep it, period God uses the law to show the elect our helplessness and bondage to the spirituality of the Law..

Notice paul : rom 7:

7What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

8But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.

9For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.

10And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.

11For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.

12Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.
13Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.

Christ is the end of the law to those who follow what he taught because love fulfills the law. Everything that Christ taught is to love one another as he loved us and gave himself for us. By love, serve one another. Got love?

quote by beloved57:
This is something a self glorified proud aroogant no grace experiencing person like you can I dentify with with all your loving your neighbor as your self cowardly statements..You spiritual pride shows everytime you try to condemn me for not loving my neighbor as myself because I rebuke your God dishonoring doctrines, thats all you know of me, yet since you condemn me for that, you must believe in your proud heart that you keep that commandment without spot or wrinkle .. you are decieved young man and no nothing of christ or true Love, which springs first and foremost from A Love to God in response to His electing Love in christ which you deny and contradict..

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. That means I can love you and anyone if I choose to follow the leading of the Spirit. God is love and that is the spirit that we are of. Luke 9:54-56. Read it and listen to your rebuke from the Lord himself. There is no calling down fire from heaven to consume the lost. They that worship God must worship him in the spirit of genuine love for him and one another.

quote by beloved57:
Unred wrote: “But you are mine. We are all brothers because we all came from Adamâ€Â

Again you show your spiitual ignorance Brotherly love is based upon the love peole share in their having a Newbirth experience with the sovereign grace of God..

1 jn 5

1Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.

you see that Loveth him also that is begotten of Him and you dont qualify seiing you blaspheme God in your ignorance and iconcompetence as a bible teacher you could nt teach my gold fish the bible..lol

1 John 2:2-5. Read it and weep.

quote by beloved57:
But you are my neighbor..based upon proceeding naturally from adam, you need to learn how to rightly divide the truth..just shooting out verses cause you can read them.. you have no understanding..

If you are an elect , may God have mercy on you , but if not if you were one born to be taken and destroyed , well may Gods will be done...lata..

Of course I’m one of the elect. It’s stamped right here on my butt. But I’m not showing you mine even though you have shown yours in every post you have written….sir.

Here, deal with this:
Matthew 5
1And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him:
2And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying, ‘love your enemies, etc.’ (read it yourself)
Matthew 28:18And Jesus came and spoke unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
19Go you therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
20Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

The disciples were to teach those who were to be diciples to love love one another , which agrees with jn 15 which is to love one another as I have loved you, thats children of faith matt 5 is speaking about the same thing difference is in matt 5 Jesus was giving them to know that gentiles to whom they despised by nature were to be children of faith as well because his death would tare down the middle wall of partion that seperated them..either way its talking about loving the elect...

Now I will concur that there is a human affinity that all men have based upon our creature likeness, but thats not brotherly love..I have friends and relatives whom I care for but are not regenerated bu they are my enemies spiritually , you are my enemie spiritually , and if you are a elect my prayer is for your conversion everytime Gods people pray that His will be done on earth as it is in heaven..but that does not give you to exscape your being rebuked as an heathen and a false teacher..

Paul even called a man a child of the devil because of his perversion of the truth [ which you do]

acts 13:

8But Elymas the sorcerer (for so is his name by interpretation) withstood them, seeking to turn away the deputy from the faith.

9Then Saul, (who also is called Paul,) filled with the Holy Ghost, set his eyes on him.

10And said, O full of all subtilty and all mischief, thou child of the devil, thou enemy of all righteousness, wilt thou not cease to pervert the right ways of the Lord?

So do you think paul had been taught of the Lord ? Sure he had, but what he called this man was not in violation of kingdom principle..and paul was not omniscience so how could he be sure that the man he spoke with was not a elect.. Well because at the time , the man was by nature acting as a child of wrath even as elect do before they are converted as eph 2 teaches.. so I say to you still you are a child of the devil , you are a wicked perverter of Gods gospel , and if God does not convert you as one of his elect, you will spend eternity were your filthy type belongs, even paul wished upon those like you who preach a false gospel gal 1:8

8But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned!

Now , is paul in violation of your make believe love ? No and may you be eternally condemned as well for your perversion of Gods Gospel..

Scroll up. Matthew 5-7 and Matthew 28. Jesus told his disciples to teach the world all the things he commanded them to do. One thing he told them was to be perfect, even as his father in heaven was perfect. Do you know how to be perfect? By following Christ and if you do as he taught, loving and forgiving one another, God, for Christ’s sake, will forgive you. You will be perfect in Christ because the blood will cleanse you from all sin.

Christ tells them to teach diciples, just like when he tells peter to feed his sheep , not goats.. you are a false teacher and ignorant to truth, you dont teach unregenerated men spiritual truth.

Christ is the end of the law to those who follow what he taught because love fulfills the law. Everything that Christ taught is to love one another as he loved us and gave himself for us. By love, serve one another. Got love?

Even now you show utter contempt for christ imputeh righteouness , all the laws requirements has been imputed to the elect..we are under no obligation to keep any laws to be right with God.. just like phil 2

Of course I’m one of the elect. It’s stamped right here on my butt. But I’m not showing you mine even though you have shown yours in every post you have written….sir.

This is for you sir..

Gal 1:

8But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned! 9As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let him be eternally condemned!

and this one 1jn 5:

16If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.

lol now tell john he wrong for telling one not to pray for a certain sin that leads to death

I believe its the sin of being a false teacher of the gospel like you do, for john and paul knew for the most part people who did such things more than likely are those that are ordained to that condemnation as in jude:

1But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

now scroll down lol

3And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

4For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;

scroll down some more

10But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities.

11Whereas angels, which are greater in power and might, bring not railing accusation against them before the Lord.

12But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;

Gotcha , those made or born to be taken and destroyed...

There is no need in praying for them , they are destined for hell anyway..thats what John is saying, thats what paul is saying false teachers Like you , are morethan likely condemned for ever, you have all those characteritics..John says if ye see someone like that, and I see in you that sir a perverter of Gods Gospel and grace, and He be Glorified in your eternal ruin..

Edited by moderator

beloved57 said:
Even now you show utter contempt for christ imputeh righteouness , all the laws requirements has been imputed to the elect..we are under no obligation to keep any laws to be right with God.. just like phil 2
On the matter of "Imputed righteousness": I think that there are a number arguments that one can mounted against this idea that God "imputes", imparts, or otherwise ascribes Christ's righteousness to the redeemed. I say this knowing full well that this flies in the face of what most believe, Calvinists and non-Calvinists alike.

For starters, we need to note that phrases like "the righteousness of God" can, in the orginal Greek, mean either "an imputed righteousness" or "God's own righteousness". In the same way, the phrase "the love of God" can either refer to our love of God or to God's love of us. So we have more work to do - we cannot simply assume that the phrase "the righteousness of God" means an imputed righteousness.

So what does God's righteousness, and therefore Christ's righteousness, consist in? Although I will not provide the evidence in this post, I claim that God's righteousness - and hence Christ's righteousness, can be seen from Scriptural precedent to basically consist of these 4 things, at least in terms of a "lawcourt" metaphor through which to analyse the issue:

1. He must do what's right, in accordance with the Law
2. He must be impartial
3. He must protect weak and the disenfranchised
4. He must punish evil

Now, are we "imputed" these characteristics? Have we acted in accordance with the Law? Have we been impartial? Have we protected the weak and punished evil?

No we have not.

It really does not make sense, then, to suggest that the righteousness of Christ, who will indeed serve as judge, is "imputed" to us since it cannot be truthfully said that we do any of the above things.

beloved57, I think your last post belongs in the other thread on calvinism/election, but since you posted here, I'll answer here.

quote by beloved57:
The disciples were to teach those who were to be diciples to love love one another , which agrees with jn 15 which is to love one another as I have loved you, thats children of faith matt 5 is speaking about the same thing difference is in matt 5 Jesus was giving them to know that gentiles to whom they despised by nature were to be children of faith as well because his death would tare down the middle wall of partion that seperated them..either way its talking about loving the elect...

Now I will concur that there is a human affinity that all men have based upon our creature likeness, but thats not brotherly love..I have friends and relatives whom I care for but are not regenerated bu they are my enemies spiritually , you are my enemie spiritually , and if you are a elect my prayer is for your conversion everytime Gods people pray that His will be done on earth as it is in heaven..but that does not give you to exscape your being rebuked as an heathen and a false teacher..

Nice sidestep. You avoided the issue of the fact that Jesus did not say, “Don’t bother to keep my commands, since I did that all for you and fulfilled it already.†He specifically said to teach his commands to the world, which is what I do and what you do not do.

quote by beloved57:
Paul even called a man a child of the devil because of his perversion of the truth [ which you do]
acts 13:
8But Elymas the sorcerer (for so is his name by interpretation) withstood them, seeking to turn away the deputy from the faith.

9Then Saul, (who also is called Paul,) filled with the Holy Ghost, set his eyes on him.

10And said, O full of all subtilty and all mischief, thou child of the devil, thou enemy of all righteousness, wilt thou not cease to pervert the right ways of the Lord?

So do you think paul had been taught of the Lord ? Sure he had, but what he called this man was not in violation of kingdom principle..and paul was not omniscience so how could he be sure that the man he spoke with was not a elect.. Well because at the time , the man was by nature acting as a child of wrath even as elect do before they are converted as eph 2 teaches.. so I say to you still you are a child of the devil , you are a wicked perverter of Gods gospel , and if God does not convert you as one of his elect, you will spend eternity were your filthy type belongs, even paul wished upon those like you who preach a false gospel gal 1:8

8But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned!

Sorry but you have offered no proof that it is my teaching which is a perversion of the gospel and not yours. Name calling is not proof of anything. I have the Lord’s own words that proclaim that he wanted his disciples to preach all the commands that he gave them and he wanted them to be proclaimed to the world. You have Paul calling a man like yourself, who has forsaken the right ways of the Lord and rejected his commands, a child of the devil. He doesn’t have to know who are the elect. He knows what the gospel is and he knows this man is perverting it.

quote by beloved57:
Now , is paul in violation of your make believe love ? No and may you be eternally condemned as well for your perversion of Gods Gospel..

Except I don’t pervert God’s gospel. You do. Jesus said to teach his commands. You say that teaching his commands is wrong. Take it up with him. I’m just doing as he commanded me to do.

quote by beloved57:
Unred wrote:“Scroll up. Matthew 5-7 and Matthew 28. Jesus told his disciples to teach the world all the things he commanded them to do. One thing he told them was to be perfect, even as his father in heaven was perfect. Do you know how to be perfect? By following Christ and if you do as he taught, loving and forgiving one another, God, for Christ’s sake, will forgive you. You will be perfect in Christ because the blood will cleanse you from all sin.â€Â

Christ tells them to teach diciples, just like when he tells peter to feed his sheep , not goats.. you are a false teacher and ignorant to truth, you dont teach unregenerated men spiritual truth.

LOL. How are they going to be regenerated unless some believer or the Holy Spirit teaches them truth? Let’s see, you want me to teach you spiritual truth and not the goats then? I tried to teach you what Jesus commanded and you flat out rejected his words. Interesting.

quote by beloved57:
Unred wrote: Christ is the end of the law to those who follow what he taught because love fulfills the law. Everything that Christ taught is to love one another as he loved us and gave himself for us. By love, serve one another. Got love?

So you said when he said to teach all nations to observe whatsoever he commanded them, he meant to teach only the disciples and the elect and the sheep, not the goats but now you say that you don’t have any obligation to keep his word or do his commands. He’s your Lord and master but you don’t have to do what he commands to be right with God? Because I distinctly remember he said that wasn’t right. Luke 6:46
And why do you call me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

quote by beloved57:
This is for you sir..

Gal 1:

8But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned! 9As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let him be eternally condemned!

and this one 1jn 5:

16If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.

lol now tell john he wrong for telling one not to pray for a certain sin that leads to death

I wouldn’t presume to tell John any such thing. He’s one of my heroes of the faith. He would know when a person had crossed the line, having been with the Lord for three years and been especially close to him, he has a measure of the Spirit that you or I most probably will not attain in this lifetime. You better watch your step however. You must be close to that line and I’m not sure which side you’re on even now.

quote by beloved57:
I believe its the sin of being a false teacher of the gospel like you do, for john and paul knew for the most part people who did such things more than likely are those that are ordained to that condemnation as in jude:

1But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

now scroll down lol

3And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

4For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;

scroll down some more

10But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities.

11Whereas angels, which are greater in power and might, bring not railing accusation against them before the Lord.

12But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;

Gotcha , those made or born to be taken and destroyed…

I know you haven’t read this or you wouldn’t be all cocky about your little interpretation: Read the chapter without your Cal-colored glasses on. These men were not made to be destroyed. They were believers and followers of Christ at some point before they became spoiled by philosophy and vain deceit or some Calvinist doctrines perhaps. They began “turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.†They “ speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves.†IOW, they became ungodly, SELF INDULGENT, LIKE BEASTS, (caps for emphasis, vic ) after receiving the knowledge of the truth.

The judgment against the ungodly was made way back when Cain killed Abel. It has been taught and prophesied about ever since. The good news is that you don’t HAVE to be ungodly. You can change through the power of Christ. You must change or you too, like insensitive beasts, made to be destroyed, will be destroyed just like them.

quote by beloved57:
There is no need in praying for them , they are destined for hell anyway..thats what John is saying, thats what paul is saying false teachers Like you , are morethan likely condemned for ever, you have all those characteritics..John says if ye see someone like that, and I see in you that sir a perverter of Gods Gospel and grace, and He be Glorified in your eternal ruin..

Edited by moderator

If they are leading others astray, and are too stubborn to repent, they are only adding to their sins that will be judged against them. It is actually more merciful that such a person dies early. But God is the judge of such things and we are not allowed to make curses on people. Unless he tells us not to pray in a specific incident, he tells us to bless and curse not.

Drew said:
beloved57 said:
On the matter of "Imputed righteousness": I think that there are a number arguments that one can mounted against this idea that God "imputes", imparts, or otherwise ascribes Christ's righteousness to the redeemed. I say this knowing full well that this flies in the face of what most believe, Calvinists and non-Calvinists alike.

For starters, we need to note that phrases like "the righteousness of God" can, in the orginal Greek, mean either "an imputed righteousness" or "God's own righteousness". In the same way, the phrase "the love of God" can either refer to our love of God or to God's love of us. So we have more work to do - we cannot simply assume that the phrase "the righteousness of God" means an imputed righteousness.

So what does God's righteousness, and therefore Christ's righteousness, consist in? Although I will not provide the evidence in this post, I claim that God's righteousness - and hence Christ's righteousness, can be seen from Scriptural precedent to basically consist of these 4 things, at least in terms of a "lawcourt" metaphor through which to analyse the issue:

1. He must do what's right, in accordance with the Law
2. He must be impartial
3. He must protect weak and the disenfranchised
4. He must punish evil

Now, are we "imputed" these characteristics? Have we acted in accordance with the Law? Have we been impartial? Have we protected the weak and punished evil?

No we have not.

It really does not make sense, then, to suggest that the righteousness of Christ, who will indeed serve as judge, is "imputed" to us since it cannot be truthfully said that we do any of the above things.

sir , you are not a believer in christ..period...

Back