Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

To whom is the gospel preached ?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Nice sidestep. You avoided the issue of the fact that Jesus did not say, “Don’t bother to keep my commands, since I did that all for you and fulfilled it already.†He specifically said to teach his commands to the world, which is what I do and what you do not do.

There is no side step just your despical ignorance of truth..The elect are credited with keeping all the commands of God because of the imputeed righteousness of christ..That is a new covenant blessing mr false teacher , glory in the flesh devil..

ezk 36:

27And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Thats a new covenant bessing from the blood of christ..

jer 31

31Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

32Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:

33But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
34And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

God views all who have been washed in the blood as keeping His commandments , all of them, for you to deny it is to speak evil against the covenant blood, which is what you are doing in your ignorance..

God causes in His sovereignty who we love and who we hate , the fact of the matter , is that all our rigteousness is based on another christ..hallieua,

As I said , you are a child of satan, and compltely ignorant of what true righteousness is and here is something for you to marinate on and what Jesus taught his disciples in teaching them to observe all things: this is for you

1 cor 16

If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema Maranatha.

Love that you blasphemer..

beloved57 said:
Isaiah 61:1
Luke 4:18

Our text here are very explicit as to who our Lord sends the tidings of good news to...

It is sent to the meek , the brokenhearted, to the captives , its an announcement that the captives have been set free, not its possibel or offered to set free , but they have been set free..

This is the covenant blood of christ setting free all the election of grace , that fell in adam and became captive at his will, but the blood of the covenant sets Gods prisoners free by the shed blood..

but who is a captive?

Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. John 8:34

but who is a captive?

You mean who were the captive s the text says they have been set free..

lk 4

The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

Do you know what deliverance mean ?

quote by beloved57:
There is no side step just your despical ignorance of truth..The elect are credited with keeping all the commands of God because of the imputeed righteousness of christ..That is a new covenant blessing mr false teacher , glory in the flesh devil..

I didn’t hear Christ tell his disciples that in any of the gospels, did you? Let’s see. He’s leaving and he has risen from the dead and his parting words are, “Don’t worry, fellas, I just did all the commandments so you don’t have to. I wouldn’t want you to get a swelled head and glory in the flesh or anything. Remember, you’re the elect and you now have my righteousness imputed to you, relax and forget all that I taught you. I never meant for you to do any of that stuff. I was just faking you out there, showing you what useless pieces of crap you are to God.â€Â

…ah, no. Actually what he said you still have not acknowledged.

Why don’t you read it again for the first time:

Matthew 28:18 And Jesus came and spoke unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
19Go you therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

quote by beloved57:
ezk 36:
27And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.
Thats a new covenant bessing from the blood of christ..
jer 31
31Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
32Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:
33But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. 34And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

God views all who have been washed in the blood as keeping His commandments , all of them, for you to deny it is to speak evil against the covenant blood, which is what you are doing in your ignorance..

Sorry to inform you but you are expected to get your butt off the pew and go out and do good works for the poor and the downtrodden of the world, to fight the good fight against the darkness of sin, the evil lusts of the flesh and the temptations of the devil, not just to go around boasting about how you know you’re privileged, elect do-nothings.

Here is John declaring that he and the disciples took the message that Jesus taught and preached it as he told them to:
1 John 1:5-9
This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:
But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanses us from all sin.
If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Do you know what walking in light is? I know you have it right on the tip of your tongue but John has really defined it well here:

1 John 2:3-11
And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
4 He that says, I know him, and keeps not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoso keeps his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
He that says he abides in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.
Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which you have heard from the beginning.
Again, a new commandment I write unto you, which thing is true in him and in you: because the darkness is past, and the true light now shines. He that says he is in the light, and hates his brother, is in darkness even until now.
He that loves his brother abides in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him.
But he that hates his brother is in darkness, and walks in darkness, and knows not whither he goes, because that darkness has blinded his eyes.

Now I know you want to try to pull an old lawyer objection and ask, who is my brother, or my neighbor, or find an out somewhere, but since it is the same old/new command that Jesus taught, we know that all men are brothers in Adam and our neighbors are anyone we meet in need and even our enemies are to be loved. Nope, no outs. Well, actually, there is an ‘out’ for you. You have a way to resist sin if you are smart enough to take it:

1 Corinthians 10:13
There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that you are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that you may be able to bear it.

quote by beloved57:
God causes in His sovereignty who we love and who we hate , the fact of the matter , is that all our rigteousness is based on another christ..hallieua,

You said it right that time: “another christâ€Â, certainly not the Christ of the Bible.

quote by beloved57:
As I said , you are a child of satan, and compltely ignorant of what true righteousness is and here is something for you to marinate on and what Jesus taught his disciples in teaching them to observe all things: this is for you

1 cor 16

If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema Maranatha.

Love that you blasphemer..

I do love the Lord Jesus Christ. The same Christ who said, “If you love me, keep my commandments.†I don’t know why you call me a blasphemer, but the Pharisees called Jesus a blasphemer, too, and he told us that servants should not expect to be treated better than their master.

I didn’t hear Christ tell his disciples that in any of the gospels, did you? Let’s see. He’s leaving and he has risen from the dead and his parting words are, “Don’t worry, fellas, I just did all the commandments so you don’t have to.

1 cor 16

22If anyone does not love the Lordâ€â€a curse be on him. Come, O Lord!

You are ignorant to the things of God and blaspheme his precious gospel..

beloved57 said:
You mean who were the captive s

Do you sin? Do I sin? Are you and I not captive to that? We need a Savior.... and we have one! Thanks be to God we are delivered!

beloved57 said:
the text says they have been set free..

The Word is living and active and always can be applied to the NOW.

Veritas said:
beloved57 said:
You mean who were the captive s

Do you sin? Do I sin? Are you and I not captive to that? We need a Savior.... and we have one! Thanks be to God we are delivered!

beloved57 said:
the text says they have been set free..

The Word is living and active and always can be applied to the NOW.

Do you sin? Do I sin? Are you and I not captive to that? We need a Savior.... and we have one! Thanks be to God we are delivered

You a joke, quit wasting my time sir..

Beloved57,

You speak a lot about the elect.
I understand who the elect are. I’m curious about what you perceive them to be.

Could you please just answer a few questions for the people here? It may get things back on track if you do.

Who is the scripture talking about below?

Isa 45:4
4 For Jacob my servant's sake, and Israel mine elect, I have even called thee by thy name: I have surnamed thee, though thou hast not known me.
Rev 7:3
3 Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.

Who is Jesus taking to below?

John 6:70
70 Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil?

John 15:16
16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

Who is Jesus referring to below?

Matt 24:31
31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

John 3:16

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Please think carefully about your answer before you call me the devil for asking

As I always say, there is an election of race (Israel) and there is an election of grace (believers). It gets tricky, but they work with each other and relate to each other. However, the promises to Israel, although including an element of grace, included great material blessings. One can be chosen of God and yet burn in hell. Yet, another can be a person of faith only and be an election of grace and live and reign with Him forevermore.

The problem lies when people see only one side of the coin or the other. However, the bible claims to use the elect of race to bring about grace, and that grace would be given by these same people. Is this the Jew? For those of you that know me, that is only part of Israel. Not everyone that is perceive as Israel is all of Israel (c.f. Romans 9:6) IN other words, in romans 9:6 Paul was saying that Jews are not all of Israel---- there were more. These tribes became lost to history, and God's Word said that he'd use them to bring about the gospel. that part of Israel (actual descendents of Abraham) were to be children of faith to bring the gospel to the world. Who are they? My avatar gives that clue.

tim_from_pa said:
As I always say, there is an election of race (Israel) and there is an election of grace (believers). It gets tricky, but they work with each other and relate to each other. However, the promises to Israel, although including an element of grace, included great material blessings. One can be chosen of God and yet burn in hell. Yet, another can be a person of faith only and be an election of grace and live and reign with Him forevermore.

The problem lies when people see only one side of the coin or the other. However, the bible claims to use the elect of race to bring about grace, and that grace would be given by these same people. Is this the Jew? For those of you that know me, that is only part of Israel. Not everyone that is perceive as Israel is all of Israel (c.f. Romans 9:6) IN other words, in romans 9:6 Paul was saying that Jews are not all of Israel---- there were more. These tribes became lost to history, and God's Word said that he'd use them to bring about the gospel. that part of Israel (actual descendents of Abraham) were to be children of faith to bring the gospel to the world. Who are they? My avatar gives that clue.

Very interesting post. I hope I haven't misunderstood any of what you have said.

As for as Israel goes. Israel came from Jacob whose name was changed to Israel. Jews for the most part came from his 4th born Judah. In other words a jew is an Israelite but an Israelite is not necessarily a Jew. (this may not be the point you where trying to make but it is probably related)

Anyway...I also believe you are correct when you say some people only see one side of the coin or the other. If I understand you correctly. Both sides have a place in God's plan for the ages.

The Bible talks about the elect for sure. My previous post gives three examples...all are the elect.

God has an over all plan for mankind and his will for that plan will be done. In my opinion evewry single little thing that happens is not absolutely necessary to accomplish his plan. However some things are. These things He predestined other things He didn't.

A lot changed when Jesus came the first time.

John 1:17
17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

tim_from_pa said:
Not everyone that is perceive as Israel is all of Israel (c.f. Romans 9:6) IN other words, in romans 9:6 Paul was saying that Jews are not all of Israel---- there were more. These tribes became lost to history, and God's Word said that he'd use them to bring about the gospel. that part of Israel (actual descendents of Abraham) were to be children of faith to bring the gospel to the world. Who are they? My avatar gives that clue.
I do not agree with this reading of Romans 9:6

It is indeed true that in Romans 9:6 Paul "re-defines" Israel. But the entire flavour of the book of Romans clearly teaches that this "true" Israel is consituted by a subset of national Israel which is then complemented by Gentile believers. This is why he tells about selectivity within national Israel - God includes Isaac and not Ishmael, Jacob and not Esau. This is all about Paul telling us that there is "a true Israel" within "genetic Israel".

Now it is true that this "true Israel" will contain more people. But these people are Gentile believers as per Romans 2:

For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous. 14(Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law, 15since they show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts now accusing, now even defending them.)

I am not at all sure how, based on Romans 9 or anything else in Romans, you defend the argument that this "true Israel" contains "lost tribes who are genetic descendents of Abraham" - is that what you are indeed saying?

I think it is pretty clear that Paul is saying that "true Israel", "the children of promise" is made up of a subset of genetic (national) Israel plus the Gentiles that have been grafted in (my comments about Romans 11:17 follow):

If some of the branches have been broken off [***genetic Jews who have rejected Christ], and you [***Gentiles], though a wild olive shoot, have been grafted in among the others and now share in the nourishing sap from the olive root, 18do not boast over those branches [***the Jews who have accepted Christ]

As for as Israel goes. Israel came from Jacob whose name was changed to Israel. Jews for the most part came from his 4th born Judah. In other words a jew is an Israelite but an Israelite is not necessarily a Jew. (this may not be the point you where trying to make but it is probably related)

Yep. That's right. The Jew is primarily Judah. The rest of Israel became other (so-called) Gentile nations that brought the grace to the world. These are mainly the Christian nations of NW Europe, the British Isles and the US since we descended from them.

I always point out that Arabs trace their lineage to Abraham thru Ishmael. Jews trace their lineage to Abraham. Many Christians, however, only believe themselves to be spiritual seed of Abraham. I am saying on the other hand, that unbeknownst to themselves that many are also the physical seed of Abraham as well, and God used them in spite of themselves to bring the gospel to the rest of the world. This is why they are so materially blessed and powerful. However, one has to be careful. Material and national blessings do not assure personal salvation like so many people mistakenly claimed I said. But from these people (like the chosen few that did not bow to Baal) there would come those of faith that would do the Lord's will. (Genesis 12:2-3)

drew and tim_from_pa,
I just wanted you both to know that it is a refreshing twist to see post that are discussing without name calling. Hopefully we can learn from each other. :biggrin :biggrin

I think it is pretty clear that Paul is saying that "true Israel", "the children of promise" is made up of a subset of genetic (national) Israel plus the Gentiles that have been grafted in (my comments about Romans 11:17 follow)

True, but my point is that the subset that you talk about is actually larger than realized, and that this subset, because they were lost to history, (and God divorced them) are actually the Gentiles Paul is addressing, as well as "non-Israelite" Gentiles graphed in. The Gentile Israelites, in other words, would be the vehicle chosen by God to bring the gospel to the rest of the world. However, it is true that anyone with faith is accepted into the commonwealth of Israel. The point I'm making is that we don't have to redefine Israel as being spiritual only, but an actual people descended from Abraham who'd accept the gospel, become many nations and have many blessings. Not because they deserve it, but because of the faith of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. God promised them this.

GraceBwithU said:
drew and tim_from_pa,
I just wanted you both to know that it is a refreshing twist to see post that are discussing without name calling. Hopefully we can learn from each other. :biggrin :biggrin
I concur. You won't find either one of them doing that. Watch our for Tim though; he may be a Committee of 300 member. LOL :-D j/k ;-)

Back