Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Under Grace not Under Law

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Well that would be a false professor who is still dead in his sin.
True.

A true believer may fall into certain sins but will be chastened by the Lord, as in the case with David. A lifestyle of sin is someone who bears no fruit of repentance and belief in the gospel. A true believer cannot lose his salvation. If he could, then Christ has failed and the grace of God that saves is nullified. This is what the “law keepers” believes happens when they teach that the elect can lose their salvation by their works of obedience
The conditional salvation falsehood really doesn't have any merit and can be proven so when reflecting on the verse of John 3:16.
And for that false professor type, he'd have to answer how it would be that Paul, inspired by God to continue the ministry of Jesus on earth, was misled by God when in the epistle of Romans he said, for the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable. (Romans 5:28)

A true believer cannot lose his salvation. If he could, then Christ has failed and the grace of God that saves is nullified.

Why would Christ fail and the grace of God that saves be nullified based on the choice of a person who believes, then chooses to depart from Christ to turn (return) to Judaism?

You have been severed from Christ, are seeking to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace. Galatians 5:4

JLB

Rom_5:18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
Does this verse teach every one, ALL MEN, have the free gift?

Last edited:
True.

The conditional salvation falsehood really doesn't have any merit and can be proven so when reflecting on the verse of John 3:16.
And for that false professor type, he'd have to answer how it would be that Paul, inspired by God to continue the ministry of Jesus on earth, was misled by God when in the epistle of Romans he said, for the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable. (Romans 5:28)
And as well what Christ said in John 6:39. And this is the Father’s will which hath sent me, that of all which He hath given Me I should lose nothing..

Yes, the gift and calling unto repentance is still available to unbelieving Jews, which is the context.

If they do not continue in unbelief.

28 Concerning the gospel they are enemies for your sake, but concerning the election they are beloved for the sake of the fathers. 29 For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable. Romans 11:28-29

JLB

And as well what Christ said in John 6:39. And this is the Father’s will which hath sent me, that of all which He hath given Me I should lose nothing..

Yes, it's the Father's will that not any should perish but all come to repentance.

How much more then is it the Father's will that none of His would be lost.

39 This is the will of the Father who sent Me, that of all He has given Me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up at the last day. 40 And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day.” John 6:39-40

JLB

A true believer may fall into certain sins but will be chastened by the Lord, as in the case with David.
Unless he repents and confesses.
Psa 32:1 A Psalm of David. A Contemplation.
Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven,
Whose sin is covered.
Psa 32:5
I acknowledged my sin to You,
And my iniquity I have not hidden.
I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the LORD,”
And You forgave the iniquity of my sin

Why would Christ fail and the grace of God that saves be nullified based on the choice of a person who believes, then chooses to depart from Christ to turn (return) to Judaism?
You have been severed from Christ, are seeking to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace. Galatians 5:4
I‘m not sure of your thought of “The grace of God that saves” becoming somehow nullified due to whatever a prodigal might do, but to me God is merely confirming here the issue of Gal 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? Gal 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

If whosoever is so fortunate as to become saved by merely “Calling upon the Lord,” according to Rom 10:13, that is grace. Then we also read in Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Exactly what is the warning of falling from grace saying? Since God will never leave or forsake us due to our stupidity (Heb 13:5), is He obligated to save us from all we might enter into other than by grace? I decide to return into works of the flesh, or the law as it were, have I not in actuality put my trust in my ability instead of the finished work of Christ? To me we are brought to know God by grace (He gave to each of us the measure of faith (Rom 12:3), we are kept by grace to the extent none will be lost (Jn 10:28), And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life (by grace?), and this life is in his Son. (1Jn 5:1). 1Jn 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life (conditional life? Merry Christmas), and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

for the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable. (Romans 5:28)
Because Paul was talking about God's covenant with Israel and not about anyone's salvation.
Note the question with which the chapter begine.
[URL='https://www.blueletterbible.org/nkjv/rom/11/1/s_1057001']Rom 11:1a I say then, has God cast away His people? Certainly not!
[/URL]
Rom 11:25-32
For I do not desire, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own opinion, that blindness in part has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in.
And so all Israel will be saved
For this is My covenant with them, When I take away their sins.”
Concerning the gospel they are enemies for your sake, but concerning the election they are beloved for the sake of the fathers. For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.
For as you were once disobedient to God, yet have now obtained mercy through their disobedience, even so these also have now been disobedient, that through the mercy shown you they also may obtain mercy. For God has committed them all to disobedience, that He might have mercy on all.

Paul is speaking ONLY about Israel's current status of being disobedient and not about "once saved always saved." It is a misuse of the verse to attempt to force it to mean that, once a person is saved, he can never return to his former "unsaved" status.

iakov the fool

Exactly what is the warning of falling from grace saying?

The answer is stated plainly in the outset of the same verse.

You have been severed from Christ, you who are seeking to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace. Galatians 5:4

• severed from Christ

JLB

Rom_5:18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
Does this verse teach every one, ALL MEN, have the free gift?
Justification of life or eternal life is the free gift of Gods Sovereign grace. So unless you are advocating universal salvation, then no is your answer. As Adam being the federal head of the human race, all were made sinners by his disobedience unto condemnation and death. Romans 5:12. And as Christ being the federal head of the elect and His seed, which includes both Jew and gentile, all are made righteous by His obedience unto justification of life. Romans 5: 8-11. But to him that worketh not, but believeth on Him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. Romans 4:5. Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed.. Romans 4:16.

Justification of life or eternal life is the free gift of Gods Sovereign grace. So unless you are advocating universal salvation, then no is your answer. As Adam being the federal head of the human race, all were made sinners by his disobedience unto condemnation and death. Romans 5:12. And as Christ being the federal head of the elect and His seed, which includes both Jew and gentile, all are made righteous by His obedience unto justification of life. Romans 5: 8-11. But to him that worketh not, but believeth on Him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. Romans 4:5. Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed.. Romans 4:16.
Well said. Universal salvation teaching is false to the quick. That would then be rightfully criticized as that which teaches, you can go on sinning because no matter what you do you're saved. As I recall there is a pastor that teaches this. I don't recall the name however.

Salvation is eternal and as Paul said, God's gift and calling is irrevocable. There are many verses that speak of this because we are under grace, not under the law as the early Hebrews were before the coming of our Lord.

I love this verse. "But whoever drinks of the water that I will give him will never be thirsty again. The water that I will give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.” John 4:14

And Paul again in Ephesians 1:1-23
Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, To the saints who are in Ephesus, and are faithful in Christ Jesus: Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places, even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love he predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will..."

This may teach more than what can be written and rewritten here to get the truth across. And it has plenty of scriptural support as referred to in the teaching itself. :
The teaching Transcript

00:00
can a Christian lose salvation first the
00:06
term Christian must be defined a
00:08
Christian is not a person who has set a
00:10
prayer or walk down an aisle or but
00:12
raised in a Christian family while each
00:14
of these things can be part of the
00:16
Christian experience they are not what
00:17
makes a Christian a Christian is a
00:20
person who has fully trusted in Jesus
00:21
Christ as their only Savior and
00:23
therefore possesses the Holy Spirit John
00:26
3:16 acts 16:31 and Ephesians 2:8
00:29
through 9 perhaps the best way to answer
00:33
the question of losing salvation is to
00:35
examine what the Bible says occurs at
00:37
salvation and study what losing
00:39
salvation would entail a Christian is a
00:41
new creation therefore if anyone is in
00:44
Christ he is a new creation the old has
00:46
gone and the new has come 2nd
00:48
Corinthians 5:17 a Christian is not
00:51
simply an improved version of a person
00:53
hmm a Christian is an entirely new
00:55
creature he is in Christ for a Christian
00:59
to lose salvation the new creation would
01:01
have to be destroyed a Christian is
01:03
redeemed first Peter 1:18 through 19
01:06
declares we were bought or redeemed with
01:09
the blood of Christ not perishable
01:10
things like silver or gold the word
01:13
redeemed refers to a purchase being made
01:15
or price being paid
01:17
we were purchased at the cost of
01:19
Christ's death for a Christian to lose
01:21
salvation God himself would have to
01:24
revoke his purchase of the individual
01:25
for whom he paid with the precious blood
01:27
of Christ a Christian is justified
01:30
therefore since we have been justified
01:31
through faith we have peace with God
01:34
through our Lord Jesus Christ Romans 5:1
01:37
to justify is to declare righteous all
01:40
those who receive Jesus a savior are
01:43
declared righteous by God for a
01:45
Christian to lose salvation God would
01:47
have to go back on his word and
01:49
undeclared a person righteous those
01:51
absolved of guilt would have to be tried
01:53
again and found guilty a Christian is
01:56
promised eternal life John 3:16 says
01:59
whoever believes in Christ will have
02:01
eternal life eternal life is the promise
02:03
of spinning forever in heaven with God
02:05
God promises believe and you will have
02:08
eternal life for a Christian to lose
02:10
salvation eternal life would have to be
02:12
redefined
02:13
a Christian is marked by God and sealed
02:16
by the Holy Spirit
02:17
Ephesians 1:13 through 14 says that at
02:20
the moment of faith the new Christian is
02:22
marked and sealed with the Spirit who
02:24
has promised to act as a deposit to
02:26
guarantee the heavenly inheritance the
02:29
end result is that God's glory is
02:31
praised for Christian to lose salvation
02:33
God would have to erase the mark
02:35
withdrawal the Spirit cancel the deposit
02:37
break his promise revoke the guarantee
02:40
keep the inheritance forgo the praise
02:43
and lessen his glory a Christian is
02:45
guaranteed glorification according to
02:47
Romans 5:1 justification is ours at the
02:50
moment of faith according to Romans 8:30
02:53
clarification comes with justification
02:55
all those whom God justifies a promise
02:59
to be glorified this promise will be
03:01
fulfilled when Christians receive their
03:03
perfect resurrection bodies in heaven if
03:05
a Christian can lose salvation
03:07
the Romans 8:30 is an error because God
03:10
cannot guarantee the glorification for
03:12
all those whom he predestined calls and
03:14
justifies a Christian cannot lose
03:17
salvation most if not all of what the
03:20
Bible says happens to us when we receive
03:22
Christ would be invalidated if salvation
03:24
could be lost salvation is the gift of
03:26
God and God's gifts are irrevocable
03:28
Romans 11:29 common objections to this
03:33
belief usually raise the question what
03:35
about Christians who live in a sinful
03:37
unrepentant lifestyle or have turned
03:39
away from the faith this however assumes
03:42
that everyone who calls himself a
03:44
Christian has actually been born again
03:45
the Bible declares that a true Christian
03:48
will not live in a state of continual
03:50
unrepentant sin first John 3:6 the Bible
03:54
also says that anyone who departs the
03:57
faith is demonstrating that he was never
03:58
truly a Christian first John 2:19 also
04:02
Matthew 7/16 says we will know
04:04
Christians by their fruit nothing can
04:07
separate a child of God from the
04:08
Father's love Romans 8:38 through 39
04:12
nothing can remove a Christian from
04:14
God's hand John 10:28 through 29 God
04:18
guarantees eternal life and maintains
04:20
the salvation he has given us the Good
04:22
Shepherd searches for the lost sheep
04:24
when he finds it he joyfully puts it on
04:26
his shoulders and goes home Luke 15 5
04:29
through 6 the lamb is found and the
04:32
shepherd gladly bears the burden our
04:34
Lord takes full responsibility for
04:36
bringing the lost one safely home.

Other related teachings video links:

10 FACTS About SALVATION Every CHRISTIAN Must Know !!!Bible Flock Box

Can A Christian Lose Their Salvation? A Debate With Trent Horn & Dr. James White (Part 1)Sovereign Alliance

Last edited:
You know a tree by it's fruit. Depending on the statistical source... but somewhere between 70 and 80% of all Americans are professing Christians. In the modern "Christian Era" Where everybody get to go to heaven once they have "Said the Prayer". We have now Legalized, Murder, Adultery, Homosexuality, Coveting, Idolatry, Stealing, lying... Do I need to go on. This whole grace without repentance is a lie from the devil, and it does not bring life it leads to death for "the wages of Sin are Death". Of course on the other side of the coin, legalism and self-righteousness thinking you can be good enough or not sin and get your way into heaven is also dead works. "The gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord". Jesus is a person and the God head, a personal relationship with him will lead you to repentance, he will lead you and guide you in to all truth through the holy spirit! I think the only reason that he gave us the bible at all is because he new we were all idiots and we were not going to walk around being led by the spirit all the time but we were going to have all these Human emotions that get in the way of truth, because we want what we want. The Heart is deceitfully wicked, who can know it? So instead of reading the bible to justify your own "I sure wish it was like this." Read the bible and say okay, Lord show me where I'm wrong, lead me into all truth. The word of God is not supposed to be a point of division. The answer is simple. Yes you can have eternal security and there is no such thing as unconditional eternal security; there is only eternal security.

A tree that bears bad fruit is unhealthy. Just as is revocable salvation teachings.

Those dead in their sins and repent of their sins seeking to be one with God and in Christ are saved. There is eternal irrevocable security. Anything else that purports a works salvation model is of the Devil because we are under grace not under the law that taught that prior to Christ's coming.

Watch the video is what I would suggest to anyone not aware of the scriptures that teach the Good News Christ died to deliver to the world.
Thinking we can do something to lose our salvation would scare anyone still dead in their sins and seeking redemption through Christ.
It isn't true! And if it is, then those that teach that in churches anywhere on earth are calling God a liar. And believe it, God is not a man that he should lie, as his word tells us. That leaves the man or woman who teaches such to be the liar. Invoking God in that trespass.

Watch the video. It makes clear what false teachings anywhere in the world hope to make murky. And the god those teachers serve is not the Sovereign God in Heaven who sent his only begotten son to die and take the sins of the world upon himself.

Paul told us, through God's inspiration, those who are in Christ do not sin. And it is not a license to sin when we are saved by the irrevocable gift, calling, grace, of God. We're reborn from that sinner who was in the flesh that could only sin because we were separated from God. When we are reborn through baptism of the holy spirit, and in water, we arise from the grave where we left that sinner nature, as Jesus did when he conquered the grave, and we are reborn new creations in Christ. IN CHRIST, being everything that it means.

If while IN CHRIST someone calls you a sinner who sins and can revoke your salvation unless you repent as that sinner, they're promoting a falsehood. Christ didn't sin. Those in Christ can undo what the Salvation redemption process achieved in them through the will and grace of God? Not likely.
Again, watch the video. It teaches every truth about God's irrevocable call and grace and uses scripture to support it. Or, read the transcript.

And dear sister or brother, dear seeker who may still be dead in your sins, cleave to the word of God for which Jesus died to deliver for all time to you. The fruits of that false teaching promoter anywhere in the world that seeks to convince you the opposite of the actual Good News is one dead in their sins. That's why they actually do not know what salvation is. IF they did they wouldn't try to tell you it is temporary revocable life and salvation in and through Christ. Because the Bible calls that a lie.

You know a tree by it's fruit. Depending on the statistical source... but somewhere between 70 and 80% of all Americans are professing Christians. In the modern "Christian Era" Where everybody get to go to heaven once they have "Said the Prayer". We have now Legalized, Murder, Adultery, Homosexuality, Coveting, Idolatry, Stealing, lying... Do I need to go on. This whole grace without repentance is a lie from the devil, and it does not bring life it leads to death for "the wages of Sin are Death". Of course on the other side of the coin, legalism and self-righteousness thinking you can be good enough or not sin and get your way into heaven is also dead works. "The gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord". Jesus is a person and the God head, a personal relationship with him will lead you to repentance, he will lead you and guide you in to all truth through the holy spirit! I think the only reason that he gave us the bible at all is because he new we were all idiots and we were not going to walk around being led by the spirit all the time but we were going to have all these Human emotions that get in the way of truth, because we want what we want. The Heart is deceitfully wicked, who can know it? So instead of reading the bible to justify your own "I sure wish it was like this." Read the bible and say okay, Lord show me where I'm wrong, lead me into all truth. The word of God is not supposed to be a point of division. The answer is simple. Yes you can have eternal security and there is no such thing as unconditional eternal security; there is only eternal security.

hello Boaz308, dirtfarmer here

What about eternal is not everlasting and has conditions added to it?

The word of God is the point of division between those that are resting in Jesus' cross work and works of self.

Well said. Universal salvation teaching is false to the quick. That would then be rightfully criticized as that which teaches, you can go on sinning because no matter what you do you're saved. As I recall there is a pastor that teaches this. I don't recall the name however.

Salvation is eternal and as Paul said, God's gift and calling is irrevocable. There are many verses that speak of this because we are under grace, not under the law as the early Hebrews were before the coming of our Lord.

I love this verse. "But whoever drinks of the water that I will give him will never be thirsty again. The water that I will give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.” John 4:14

And Paul again in Ephesians 1:1-23
Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, To the saints who are in Ephesus, and are faithful in Christ Jesus: Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places, even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love he predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will..."

This may teach more than what can be written and rewritten here to get the truth across. And it has plenty of scriptural support as referred to in the teaching itself. :
The teaching Transcript

00:00
can a Christian lose salvation first the
00:06
term Christian must be defined a
00:08
Christian is not a person who has set a
00:10
prayer or walk down an aisle or but
00:12
raised in a Christian family while each
00:14
of these things can be part of the
00:16
Christian experience they are not what
00:17
makes a Christian a Christian is a
00:20
person who has fully trusted in Jesus
00:21
Christ as their only Savior and
00:23
therefore possesses the Holy Spirit John
00:26
3:16 acts 16:31 and Ephesians 2:8
00:29
through 9 perhaps the best way to answer
00:33
the question of losing salvation is to
00:35
examine what the Bible says occurs at
00:37
salvation and study what losing
00:39
salvation would entail a Christian is a
00:41
new creation therefore if anyone is in
00:44
Christ he is a new creation the old has
00:46
gone and the new has come 2nd
00:48
Corinthians 5:17 a Christian is not
00:51
simply an improved version of a person
00:53
hmm a Christian is an entirely new
00:55
creature he is in Christ for a Christian
00:59
to lose salvation the new creation would
01:01
have to be destroyed a Christian is
01:03
redeemed first Peter 1:18 through 19
01:06
declares we were bought or redeemed with
01:09
the blood of Christ not perishable
01:10
things like silver or gold the word
01:13
redeemed refers to a purchase being made
01:15
or price being paid
01:17
we were purchased at the cost of
01:19
Christ's death for a Christian to lose
01:21
salvation God himself would have to
01:24
revoke his purchase of the individual
01:25
for whom he paid with the precious blood
01:27
of Christ a Christian is justified
01:30
therefore since we have been justified
01:31
through faith we have peace with God
01:34
through our Lord Jesus Christ Romans 5:1
01:37
to justify is to declare righteous all
01:40
those who receive Jesus a savior are
01:43
declared righteous by God for a
01:45
Christian to lose salvation God would
01:47
have to go back on his word and
01:49
undeclared a person righteous those
01:51
absolved of guilt would have to be tried
01:53
again and found guilty a Christian is
01:56
promised eternal life John 3:16 says
01:59
whoever believes in Christ will have
02:01
eternal life eternal life is the promise
02:03
of spinning forever in heaven with God
02:05
God promises believe and you will have
02:08
eternal life for a Christian to lose
02:10
salvation eternal life would have to be
02:12
redefined
02:13
a Christian is marked by God and sealed
02:16
by the Holy Spirit
02:17
Ephesians 1:13 through 14 says that at
02:20
the moment of faith the new Christian is
02:22
marked and sealed with the Spirit who
02:24
has promised to act as a deposit to
02:26
guarantee the heavenly inheritance the
02:29
end result is that God's glory is
02:31
praised for Christian to lose salvation
02:33
God would have to erase the mark
02:35
withdrawal the Spirit cancel the deposit
02:37
break his promise revoke the guarantee
02:40
keep the inheritance forgo the praise
02:43
and lessen his glory a Christian is
02:45
guaranteed glorification according to
02:47
Romans 5:1 justification is ours at the
02:50
moment of faith according to Romans 8:30
02:53
clarification comes with justification
02:55
all those whom God justifies a promise
02:59
to be glorified this promise will be
03:01
fulfilled when Christians receive their
03:03
perfect resurrection bodies in heaven if
03:05
a Christian can lose salvation
03:07
the Romans 8:30 is an error because God
03:10
cannot guarantee the glorification for
03:12
all those whom he predestined calls and
03:14
justifies a Christian cannot lose
03:17
salvation most if not all of what the
03:20
Bible says happens to us when we receive
03:22
Christ would be invalidated if salvation
03:24
could be lost salvation is the gift of
03:26
God and God's gifts are irrevocable
03:28
Romans 11:29 common objections to this
03:33
belief usually raise the question what
03:35
about Christians who live in a sinful
03:37
unrepentant lifestyle or have turned
03:39
away from the faith this however assumes
03:42
that everyone who calls himself a
03:44
Christian has actually been born again
03:45
the Bible declares that a true Christian
03:48
will not live in a state of continual
03:50
unrepentant sin first John 3:6 the Bible
03:54
also says that anyone who departs the
03:57
faith is demonstrating that he was never
03:58
truly a Christian first John 2:19 also
04:02
Matthew 7/16 says we will know
04:04
Christians by their fruit nothing can
04:07
separate a child of God from the
04:08
Father's love Romans 8:38 through 39
04:12
nothing can remove a Christian from
04:14
God's hand John 10:28 through 29 God
04:18
guarantees eternal life and maintains
04:20
the salvation he has given us the Good
04:22
Shepherd searches for the lost sheep
04:24
when he finds it he joyfully puts it on
04:26
his shoulders and goes home Luke 15 5
04:29
through 6 the lamb is found and the
04:32
shepherd gladly bears the burden our
04:34
Lord takes full responsibility for
04:36
bringing the lost one safely home.

Other related teachings video links:

10 FACTS About SALVATION Every CHRISTIAN Must Know !!!Bible Flock Box

Can A Christian Lose Their Salvation? A Debate With Trent Horn & Dr. James White (Part 1)Sovereign Alliance

God dearly loves everyone and desires all to be saved, by coming to repentance.

However, he is just and shows no partiality in which He will Judge each person according to His deeds.

God, who “will render to each one according to his deeds”: eternal life to those who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor, and immortality; but to those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness—indignation and wrath, tribulation and anguish, on every soul of man who does evil, of the Jew first and also of the Greek; but glory, honor, and peace to everyone who works what is good, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. For there is no partiality with God. Romans 2:6-11

• God, who “will render to each one according to his deeds”
  • For there is no partiality with God

• Can a Christian depart from the faith? Answer: Yes

Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons, 1 Timothy 4:1

Is a person who does not have faith in Christ, saved?

• Can a Christian depart from Christ?Answer: Yes.
Beware, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief in departing from the living God; but exhort one another daily, while it is called “Today,” lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. For we have become partakers of Christ if we hold the beginning of our confidence steadfast to the end, Hebrews 3:12-14

• Can a Christian be severed from Christ? Answer: Yes

You have been severed from Christ, you who are seeking to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace. Galatians 5:4

JLB

Last edited:

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back