Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

$ure$ingoftheEnd

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Over the last 162 years, the world temperature — as measured by the United States government — has risen a whopping 0.75° Celsius — or 1½° Fahrenheit since 1850.

Our ability to measure the temperature of the PLANET does not go back that far. The ability of measuring the PLANET as a whole is something we've only been able to do for about two generations.

And even then, the accuracy of the measurements is poor at best, due to a VERY small sampling of the whole.

Given the above, the very idea we are worrying about an infinitesimal change of 1 1/2F over 160 years is laughable, and illustrates very clearly that the average person's critical thinking skills are marginal at best.

The climate change "thought war" is based on financial and political concerns - and on very shaky "science".

Now folks, to get a tad off topic, but STILL the same concept, now you know why I'm against a lot of the medical stuff. It's the same scientific establishment that perpetuate global warming that "invent" diseases and although you feel perfectly fine otherwise, when you go to the doctor for a cold he tells you that you have some other "condition" that you have to take pills for the rest of your life. Sort of like taking your car in to the mechanic for a real problem, then they "find others" which are marginal and non-consequential at most.

Always, always question. This is especially true for the Christian who is taught in the Word not to be conformed to this world. Conspiracy theories aside, at the very least there's probably some profit or benefit to someone to promote global warming (or any of the other things they tell you). Follow the money (and power) trail.

You know, Tim, I agree with the general slant of your post completely. ALWAYS question, and always think for yourself.

Problem is, my doctor is a very good friend of mine. I've been to her home several times, and we even dated at one time.

It was she who discovered my blood problem and the bad heart valve that other doctors ignored. She preaches about my cholesterol, and NAGS me to take my daily low-dose aspirin as well as a herbal supplement to aid my prostate in staying young.

She is not out to make tons of money on me (since she does not own a pharmacy, she can write all the prescriptions she wants to - doesn't help her at all.)

When I questioned the daily aspirin, she explained the studies that lasted 20 years which showed a lesser risk of stroke by using the daily low-dose.

She pointed out that, given my heart valve, watching MY cholesterol is even MORE important than the average person.

What I am saying is, I don't believe doctors are out there trying to "sell" us stuff we don't need at the rate many believe.

I can dig that. I think Adam is recent in creation, but more of a recreation. I believe in the earth age gap between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2 so earth can be a lot older. It seems the bible definitely teaches the earth's been thru some cataclysms.
nevermind.
im running for office my sole premise.

day isnt day and a soon isnt soon. and well its not the age of the earth its the account of how long ago it happened. you should know about the jewish calender and how it works and what the starting point is.

Right Hitch – I always appreciate your satire. You're right the global warming hoax is a real moneymaker - just ask Al-gore. It's also control through fear, which helps keep the secular humanists in political power and in control of the public treasury. Secular humanists (liberals) are by nature atheists or at best agnostics, so that means that maintenance of the planet is solely up to them alone - since there is no God. This same crowd a few decades back were 100 percent positive that we were entering an ice age: another abandoned fear tactic.

There are three massive, massive, systems at work that control the temperature of this planet.

1. Obviously the sun – and its output varies somewhat - it is not absolutely perfect. It operates on an 11 year cycle plus there is the fact of apogee, perigee, and solar flairs.
  2. Second, the weather system variations are not exactly perfect either – they also produce a variation in the amount of reflection of the sun's energy back into space.
  3. And third I have been following for over a decade the work of one Dr. J. Marvin Herndon a physicist who has theorized that the earth itself is being heated internally by a five mile ball of fissionable material at the center of the earth. This concept is supported by the fact that since the sixties the scientific community has known that the larger planets are emitting into space more energy than they are receiving from the sun. For example Jupiter is emitting double the energy into space that it receives from the sun. In addition Dr. Herndon said that there have been particles found in volcanic magma that can only be produced in an atomic reactor. He states that there is no good explanation of the earth's magnetic field as molten iron is non magnetic, He states that this reactor would explain this as well as its shift from time to time. The research continues and he points out that it took 50 years to prove and establish the theory of tectonic plate movement.
With all of these massive systems at work it amazes me that the temperature is as stable as it is today. But it is God who controls the world not happenstance and surely not us.

http://nuclearplanet.com/

One other item that you may find interesting is a couple years ago I became interested in hydroponic gardening – which is growing plants in water laced with nutrients. (my comments cover all gardening in an enclosed space where the growing conditions can be totally controlled.) Reading up on the subject one book I read was called gardening with CO2. The author states that the normal level of CO2 in the air is 350 PPM (parts per million) He cautions growers to us a fan or some other means of circulation to keep the plants supplied with fresh air because the plants will deplete the CO2 in the air. If the level of concentration drops to 200 PPM from 350 the plants will stop growing. Right away you can see that if the environmental nutzoids could actually reduce this “dangerous green house gas” in the air our total food production would diminish.

Also the author states that plants can absorb up to 5 TIMES the normal level of CO2 in the air. And in doing so they will flourish assuming that the other nutrients and sunlight are also available. In fact hydroponic growers buy liquid carbonic to feed their plants. When I go to my local hydroponic supply store they have displayed all different size tanks of liquid CO2 for sale. By feeding liquid carbonic to their plants through metering systems growers who increase the CO2 levels from the normal of 350 PPM to 700 PPM experience an increase in yield of an average of 40 percent.

This is not some massive, theoretical, computer model of the dangers of CO2 - it is simple and right down where the rubber meets the road fact that is easily measurable. And it also totally contradicts the “scientific consensus” community's belief system. Unfortunately science today has become political and not scientific but now limited to liberals only – no one else is allowed to contribute to the "consensus." By the way - Herndon's theories are totally rejected by the "consensus scientific community."

I fully agree that CO2 is a “greenhouse gas” (the more the better) but in the greenhouse industry CO2 is called an “essential nutrient” and not a "dangerous greenhouse gas."

Last edited by a moderator:
You should post more, Jasher.

But you OBVIOUSLY spend all of your time LEARNING stuff most people don't know, instead.

Disagree. There's no money in saying man doesn't cause climate change, as it's the position that needs to be refuted, and millions of dollars have been poured into "research" to do just that.
I smell contradiction, or is it methane?
:bigsneeze
Yeah, how silly of me to think that neither side, irregardless of merit, is immune to financial pressure. Of course nobody is ever invested in the status quo, so naturally the millions of dollars spent in opposition to greenies is purely an altruistic gift for the well being of all humanity.
:toofunny

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back