Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

US vs the World

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
And assuming you were born in Israel?

What does that have to do with anything? What if I was born in Iraq? What if I was born in Afghanistan? What if I was born in Vietnam?

The fact is that we prop up a foreign nation that can't survive on its own for no good reason, and go figure the people that were living there before they were displaced are upset. We don't gain anything from propping Israel up outside of hatred from a large portion of the world's population; and the nation we're propping up isn't really worth fighting for. They have a horrible human rights record, they forcibly displaced thousands of people, they have attacked us (twice!), they discriminate against non-Jews; why exactly are we sacrificing so much for them? They don't deserve it.

I don't think US has enough weapons and technology to conquer the entire world. That's indeed a stupid statement.

Having an Indian background, as far as I know, there is no known counter weapon in the entire world (including US), that could stop a BrahMos - a joint missile project by Russia/India.

Weapons and technology is one thing. There is another called 'strategy'.

Iran 'strategy' : When war ships gather and provoked Iran in Oct 2007, it issued a statement that 11,000 missiles would be fired within the first minute of attack. Now tell me how many aircraft carries and war ships can stop 11,000 missiles in 1 minute? Don't think that when Iran sends a missile, it is going to come alone which the US can spot and hit back with another missile. Iran will send 1000s of missiles in a shot time to one single ship. Even if the ship is so advanced and costs 12 b$, the survival rate of the ship is next to 0.

Chinese 'strategy' : Chinese strategy in the world arena is very silent, clever and sucking the wealth and power of US slowly like a leech undetected. If US goes to war with China, I can bet you, US is destroyed for ever. The reason being, US is not financially sound at the moment for a war with China. If US has to go for war, China needs to lend US 40% of the cost for it's war by buying US bonds and finance the US which I think will never happen against China itself. If such a threat is found, China will dump 1 trillion $ into the market which will devalue dollar and trigger hyper inflation in US. This will make US so weak financially that it cannot even fund a single day of war. Apart from a financial strategy, China is no way inferior than US in military.

Russian 'strategy' : Russia has twice the number of nuclear weapons than US. Fighting against Russia is a suicide for US. For every city US is going to fire a nuclear weapon, Russia will fire against 2 cities in US. Russia has 12,000 nuclear weapons while US has only 5,113 nuclear weapons.

The Chinese strategy wouldn't work, we simply wouldn't let them take those actions: it'd be like letting Germany buy bonds during WWII. Going to war with China would probably help us, it'd give us a good excuse to wash our hands of our debt to them. They'd be in far worse shape then us.

Btw, as far as I'm concerned China's already at war with us; we're just too stupid/greedy to realize it.

What does that have to do with anything? What if I was born in Iraq? What if I was born in Afghanistan? What if I was born in Vietnam?

The fact is that we prop up a foreign nation that can't survive on its own for no good reason, and go figure the people that were living there before they were displaced are upset. We don't gain anything from propping Israel up outside of hatred from a large portion of the world's population; and the nation we're propping up isn't really worth fighting for. They have a horrible human rights record, they forcibly displaced thousands of people, they have attacked us (twice!), they discriminate against non-Jews; why exactly are we sacrificing so much for them? They don't deserve it.

Have you read from the bible that God blesses those that bless the country of Israel?

Going to war with China would probably help us, it'd give us a good excuse to wash our hands of our debt to them. They'd be in far worse shape then us.

Btw, as far as I'm concerned China's already at war with us; we're just too stupid/greedy to realize it.
:toofunny :toofunny

Have you read from the bible that God blesses those that bless the country of Israel?

You do realize that modern Israel isn't a continuation of the ancient nation of Israel, right? So are you arguing that Israel can do whatever they want to without consequence? Would it be o.k. for them to nuke Iran, as they've actually threatened to do? Is it o.k. that they planned attacks on our embassies so they could blame it on Egypt? They're Israel, so that's ok I guess.

One of the reasons we shouldn't underestimate any country is that most countries (if not all) have secret technologies.

You do realize that modern Israel isn't a continuation of the ancient nation of Israel, right? So are you arguing that Israel can do whatever they want to without consequence? Would it be o.k. for them to nuke Iran, as they've actually threatened to do? Is it o.k. that they planned attacks on our embassies so they could blame it on Egypt? They're Israel, so that's ok I guess.

NO: that's not what I'm saying.

Part of US blessing is as a result of their support to Israel.

The Chinese strategy wouldn't work, we simply wouldn't let them take those actions: it'd be like letting Germany buy bonds during WWII. Going to war with China would probably help us, it'd give us a good excuse to wash our hands of our debt to them. They'd be in far worse shape then us.

If US goes to war with China, who is going to finance it? US does not have the money to finance it's own war and relies on China to buy it's bond to get the money and finance it's needs. This trend will be even worse in coming years.

Europe is also bankrupt. Australia being a US ally but also a key trading partner for China, will never go against China for the sake of US. Being an Australian, I can bet you on that because it directly impacts Australian economy. While US generally considers Australia like another state, Australia tries to distance itself from being an enemy to China, yet trying to maintain US as an ally.

Brilliant post, Felix. But, we should watch out for secret stuff.

Not sure if you had heard of Dumitru Duduman, a Romanian Pastor's prophecy in 1980s.

Briefly the prophecy states:
  1. US will have internal problems.
  2. It will go for war with China.
  3. While US is busy in war with China, without warning, Russia will enter US territory from 3 different locations.
  4. The Russian spies have known the nuclear warehouse location and Russia will inform to 5 countries surrounding countries and these will fire their entire weapons on this nuclear warehouse.
  5. US will burn.

While I don't approve or reject the prophecy, one thing is clear. US is indeed having internal problems. There was no requirement for any war with China in 1980s. But today, it's a different situation. Won't you be happy if your lender is dead so that you don't need to pay back your debt?

This could be a secret stuff... shh.. try to escape asap.

And to whose advantage?

I love the scriptural saying: Whoever blesses Israel God blesses.
:readbible

NO: that's not what I'm saying.

Part of US blessing is as a result of their support to Israel.

If the middle wall of separation is abolished as in Eph 2:14 and we are grafted as in Rom 11:17, who really is Israel?

While God's promises for Israel as a land is true, not all prophecies about Israel are always good.

(Rev 11:8) .. the great city which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

In the last days, Jerusalem will be a spiritual Sodom and Egypt. Will you be blessed for supporting a spiritual Sodom and Egypt? Just because it is 'Israel' does not mean, every action by it is approved by God.

I don't think US has enough weapons and technology to conquer the entire world. That's indeed a stupid statement.

Having an Indian background, as far as I know, there is no known counter weapon in the entire world (including US), that could stop a BrahMos - a joint missile project by Russia/India.

Weapons and technology is one thing. There is another called 'strategy'.

Iran 'strategy' : When war ships gather and provoked Iran in Oct 2007, it issued a statement that 11,000 missiles would be fired within the first minute of attack. Now tell me how many aircraft carries and war ships can stop 11,000 missiles in 1 minute? Don't think that when Iran sends a missile, it is going to come alone which the US can spot and hit back with another missile. Iran will send 1000s of missiles in a shot time to one single ship. Even if the ship is so advanced and costs 12 b$, the survival rate of the ship is next to 0.

Chinese 'strategy' : Chinese strategy in the world arena is very silent, clever and sucking the wealth and power of US slowly like a leech undetected. If US goes to war with China, I can bet you, US is destroyed for ever. The reason being, US is not financially sound at the moment for a war with China. If US has to go for war, China needs to lend US 40% of the cost for it's war by buying US bonds and finance the US which I think will never happen against China itself. If such a threat is found, China will dump 1 trillion $ into the market which will devalue dollar and trigger hyper inflation in US. This will make US so weak financially that it cannot even fund a single day of war. Apart from a financial strategy, China is no way inferior than US in military.

Russian 'strategy' : Russia has twice the number of nuclear weapons than US. Fighting against Russia is a suicide for US. For every city US is going to fire a nuclear weapon, Russia will fire against 2 cities in US. Russia has 12,000 nuclear weapons while US has only 5,113 nuclear weapons.

Felix is right about China and I too have felt a sense of urgency to keep my eyes on them. Scoff if you must against this, but here is an article that explains in more detail what Felix has posted about China.

http://www.cuttingedge.org/news/n2066.cfm

heres the problem, if we ignore the murder of jews in isreal, what makes you think muslims will stop with just that race?

hitler didnt just kill jews,he also killed gays, blacks, christians.

and to the american patriots i ask this. are we not also guilty of murder, and slavery? didnt this country recieve grace yet while sinning?

was god pleased with america when she killed the indians in blood lust for land? the indians didnt attack us all the time. go to the cherokee nation and also the seminoles and see what they say about the spaniards and also americans.

Ah, but should we ignore the murders commited by the Israelis? Their hands are no cleaner than the Palestinians.

does the goverment condone it indivual soldiers there also jews that fight for rights of the palenstians.

odd aint it.

ben gurion wanted arabs to be allowed to live in isreal and didnt intend to kick them out of the their land. he took control of the goverment but didnt send any arab packing unless they tried to fight him

jews were already there in palenstine

i counter then, if we remove isreal from its land

cede florida and all states back to the native americans whom we took it by war.

the cherokee wanted to live in peace and were forced to walk the trail of tears. that baby is a cherokee, just to show my bias. that and my wife has some seminole blood in her.im sure you are aware of manifest destiny where we felt we had god permission to take that land from the indians. sure many of them were agressive but not all. we did break treaties with them.

I neither condone what was done to the Cherokee nor do I suggest the Israelis be dragged from their homes. I do, however, recognize that a wrong was committed on the Palestinians and we have no good reason to support Israel. Leave them to their own devices, if God is truly on their side they will prevail. If not, their fate is of their own making.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back