Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

USA and the lost tribes

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
C

carey

The United Kingdom of Israel split in two during the reign of Solomon's son, Rehoboam. The Northern Kingdom of Israel was composed of 10 tribes, headed by the tribe of Joseph, in their new capital called Samaria. The Southern Kingdom of Judah continued to rule from Jerusalem, with the Royal House of David presiding over them. Both sinned against the God of Israel and were patiently warned by the prophets, but Northern Israel fell first and was deported by the Assyrians approximately 130 years before Judah was conquered by the Babylonians and the Temple destroyed (2 Kgs. 17).

After 70 years, a small number of Jews returned and restored Jerusalem and built the Temple. The Jews had been deported to Babylon and were from the Southern Kingdom of Judah. The Northern Israelites had been taken captive earlier to other areas (2 Kgs. 17:6) and have never returned.

If you check the records of those who returned from the Babylonian exile it becomes clear that only those from the Southern tribes of Benjamin, Levi and Judah returned. Some carelessly assume that just because they're sometimes referred to as sons or children of Israel that it means they were from the Northern Kingdom of Israel. However, Jacob-Israel had twelve sons who were the patriarchs of the twelve tribes. Every Jew is an Israelite, an ethnic descendant of Jacob-Israel, but not every Israelite is a Jew!

It is historically and biblically important to make this distinction between Jews and Israelites and to be careful not to blur their identities (Ezek. 44:23). After all, God has devoted four books of the Bible to do just that!

But did God intend for Northern Israel to remain lost? Since we acted like pagan Gentiles God let us lose our spiritual minds and think we're Gentiles, but was the punishment for our religious sins supposed to last forever? Didn't God promise that He would preserve Israel's unique identity even though they were scattered throughout and among many nations? Clearly God has never lost sight of who the "Lost Tribes" really are and where they're located today: "For, lo, I will command, and I will sift the House of Israel among all nations, like as corn is sifted in a sieve, yet shall not the least grain fall upon the earth" (Amos 9:9).

If God's aware of a sparrow's condition, certainly He's more concerned with collective Israel's affairs, especially since we're beloved for the fathers' (Abraham, Isaac and Jacob) sakes. Yet we see grief-stricken Israel feeling helpless and hopeless, dead to history, cut off from their roots, having given up any hope of being restored to national life, being reassured by God Almighty that He will restore their physical identity!

Once God begins the healing process, the life-giving spirit of reconciliation between Judah and Israel will result in our restoration as a United Kingdom, One Nation under God! God will restore us to our ancient homeland and revive the Davidic monarchy to rule with but under Messiah. God's Sanctuary will again be found in Jerusalem, and shine as a sign to the whole world, since He'll return home with the exiles (Ezek. 36).

Israel was only to remain lost until just before Messiah comes. That's when we would begin to fulfill our tribal destinies as prophesied by Jacob and Moses (Gen. 49; Deut. 33). The sons of Joseph, the Anglo-Saxons, have fulfilled the prophecies like no other "claimants" to Israel's inheritance can: Manasseh has become the single great nation of the United States, and his brother Ephraim has become the British Commonwealth of Nations (Gen. 48:19), as clearly brought out in The United States and Britain in Bible Prophecy, influenced by Herbert W. Armstrong, one of the greatest proponents of this biblical truth.

After our prophesied 2520 years of exile, Israel began to grow and multiply and be blessed around 1800-1803. A Jewish Homeland reveals how our Jewish brethren also came into their own after the time of their punishment came to a close, and boldly declared their statehood in 1948, holding the Promised Land in trust for all Twelve Tribes (Rom. 3:2).

Joseph and Judah are the top two leaders of the twelve tribes of Israel. It was around the ordained time that God began to bestow Joseph's Birthright that He began to restore Israel's identity among both the Anglo-Saxons and Jews (I Chron. 5:2). Some have embraced this wonderful truth and consequently have drawn closer to each other as brethren, but others have foolishly allowed Satan to create enmity and alienate us. Soon such "sibling rivalry" will be a thing of the past (Isa. 11:13).

Some rabbis/ministers have stubbornly refused to search for the "Lost Ten Tribes" and have left them to wander in their pagan Gentile ways and days! GOD HOLDS MINISTERS RESPONSIBLE FOR NOT HELPING TO RESTORE ISRAEL'S ROOTS AND RESPONSIBILITY! (Ezek. 34:4). He'll personally cut them off from the pulpit and strip them of their duties! They've proven themselves unworthy of shepherding God's people Israel and have forfeited their future as leaders.(Ezek. 34:10; Matt. 12:30). Nevertheless, God has raised up others to accomplish this urgent "search and rescue" mission (Ezek. 34:16).

Surely God wouldn't leave His Church in the dark about Israel's identity, especially since the Gospel should go first to Israelites and then to Gentiles. And the Gospel is ONE BIG PROPHECY! .

Thankfully, there are a growing number of groups and organizations, books and articles, both Christian and Jewish, that are assisting this GREAT WORK OF ISRAELITE IDENTIFICATION. They are helping to proclaim: "I am Joseph your brother" (Gen. 45:4). The Jerusalem-based Brit-Am Israel organization (founded by the Israeli Orthodox Jew Yair Davidiy) is a pioneer among our Jewish brethren.

God reveals our Israelite identity and expects us to help restore our brethren to their biblical senses (Isa. 42:22; 51:1-2). Those ministers who fail to respond to God's call to search and rescue Israel have robbed them of a right relationship with God and our forefathers, substituting pagan hollow days for God's holy days (Isa. 63:16; Hos. 5:7; Malachi 4:4-6). They've stubbornly put their idolatrous traditions above God's commands, preferring doctrinal darkness and captivity over Messiah's spiritual light and freedom.

Nevertheless, a number have been called from the womb to help restore Israel's identity and religion (Isa. 49:5-6), blasting Babylon and clearing away the stumbling blocks of religious confusion (Isa. 57:14; 58:1, 12). Even if our people as a whole reject the plain truth for popular error (2 Chron. 30:5-11), a precious few will always respond to God's call to forsake Babylon (traditional Christianity/Jewish myths) and return to our biblical roots and responsibility (I Kgs. 18:21, 36-37; Rev. 18:4).

It's vital to know who Israel is so they can return to the biblical faith once delivered. Why? To enable them to be spared from "the Time of Jacob's Trouble," the "Great Tribulation" that is prophesied to fall especially hard upon our heads. God expects us to work together to remember our Hebrew roots and responsibility, and to lead and direct our Israelite nations in the right direction (Jer. 31:21).

In order to warn Israel about the many prophecies that preview our coming captivity (due to our idolatry and immorality), it was first necessary for God to restore our identity. God has now restored our identity, He's again warning our nations, and it's up to us what will happen next.

May we take God's Word to heart, return to the God of our fathers, and have hope: "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from Heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land" (2 Chron. 7:14).

David Ben-Ariel is a Christian-Zionist writer and author of Beyond Babylon: Europe's Rise and Fall. Visit the Ten Tribes blog of David Ben-Ariel.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=David_Ben-Ariel

LOL

Solo said:
In a word....................Bologna! 8-)

Thank you for your well thought out and comprehensive response.

God bless,
carey

Re: LOL

carey said:
Thank you for your well thought out and comprehensive response.

God bless,
carey
You are most welcome. It didn't take much. It reminds me of ole Herbert.

Greetings Carey:

I always enjoy studying about the lost tribes and have devoted a web site to it. I agree with where you are coming from, as the nations you mentioned are the only ones that fulfilled all the prophetic conditions and descriptions of Israel in their exile, and indeed, their PURPOSE.

I get regular emails from Yair Davidy and I enjoy his work as well.

We already had many threads on this subject, but in each case, there will be those who basically say, "That's ridiculous." However, what they fail to ask themselves (and probably do not even care to ask even though it was God's central theme of the bible) is if the nations in question are not the lost tribes, then who are the lost tribes? And.... what do the promises stand for? The promises of many nations to Abraham and that he'd be the heir of the world are lumped in with the Messianic prophecies. Throw one out and Messiah goes by default. Yet, the critics fail to explain what the promises really mean. I say, if one wants to denounce the British-USA connection, then at least tell me what the promises really mean. It's amazing what kind of "song and dance" explanations I get in its place. I've been asking for years and not a one critic can answer rightly. As a matter of fact, he's a picture I posted on one of my sites that shows how I'll probably look before a critic can give an answer>>>>>

bones_comp.jpg

If God supernaturally can part the Red Sea, I imagine He can find the ten lost tribes of Israel, and put them into Israel since Israel is a nation again.

May God bless, golfjack

carey said:
What did you think of ole Herbert?

I think ole Herbert finally knows the truth. I believe his teachings were false teachings. My grandfather belonged to his church, but was ex-communicated when he began digging into where Herbert was spending all of the money.

I believe that he should have named his magazing the "Plane Truth" as he went Plane Around the Truth, or he Planed the truth down to untruth.

My opinion on leaders is if they go south, I do not necessarily throw out what they taught, as the bible says even a jackass can be used to state the word of God. Yes, I may feel embarrassed for the leader, however.

I think it would be best to divorce Armstrong from this teaching as it was around long before he was, but he capitalized on it and his vociferous ministry brought it to light. Naturally, people would tend to associate the teaching with the person and when the person is rejected, they automatically assume what he taught was wrong. From my experiences, I picked up info on the lost tribes with personal study and actually came to that conclusion on my own without the aide on anyone else. From that, I just embraced the Anglo-Celtic teachings because the historic evidence and the descriptions fit exactly what was stated in the bible better than any other societies. I never even knew in my early days that Armstrong taught this. I learned to stick with lower-keyed (albeit educated) people on this subject instead. I don't know about our other friends here that believe in this, but I personally was never affiliated with Armstrong. But since I "sound like him", people automatically assume I am or was.

Solo said:
I think ole Herbert finally knows the truth. I believe his teachings were false teachings. My grandfather belonged to his church, but was ex-communicated when he began digging into where Herbert was spending all of the money.

I believe that he should have named his magazing the "Plane Truth" as he went Plane Around the Truth, or he Planed the truth down to untruth.

Yes he was a human and made mistakes but had a great grasp on prophecy.
This was my problem with his Church of whom My grand mother and dad were part of. Th focus was mainly prophecy and I think the main focus should have been on the love and grace if Christ.
But you are wrong about what Herbert knows now he knows nothing as do all the dead.
ecclesiastes 9: 5For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.

6Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun.

God bless,
Carey

carey said:
Yes he was a human and made mistakes but had a great grasp on prophecy.
This was my problem with his Church of whom My grand mother and dad were part of. Th focus was mainly prophecy and I think the main focus should have been on the love and grace if Christ.
But you are wrong about what Herbert knows now he knows nothing as do all the dead.
ecclesiastes 9: 5For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.

6Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun.

God bless,
Carey
Not according to Luke 16. After Lazarus and the rich man were dead and buried they were conscious without the body in paradise and hell.

Solo said:
Not according to Luke 16. After Lazarus and the rich man were dead and buried they were conscious without the body in paradise and hell.

But was this speaking of a future event or the immediate??
Or was it a parable and not an actual event??

Parable of the Rich Man and Lazarus
LUKE 16
19 Jesus said, “There was a certain rich man who was splendidly clothed in purple and fine linen and who lived each day in luxury. 20 At his gate lay a poor man named Lazarus who was covered with sores. 21 As Lazarus lay there longing for scraps from the rich man’s table, the dogs would come and lick his open sores.
22 “Finally, the poor man died and was carried by the angels to be with Abraham.[e] The rich man also died and was buried, 23 and his soul went to the place of the dead.[f] There, in torment, he saw Abraham in the far distance with Lazarus at his side.

24 “The rich man shouted, ‘Father Abraham, have some pity! Send Lazarus over here to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue. I am in anguish in these flames.’

25 “But Abraham said to him, ‘Son, remember that during your lifetime you had everything you wanted, and Lazarus had nothing. So now he is here being comforted, and you are in anguish. 26 And besides, there is a great chasm separating us. No one can cross over to you from here, and no one can cross over to us from there.’

27 “Then the rich man said, ‘Please, Father Abraham, at least send him to my father’s home. 28 For I have five brothers, and I want him to warn them so they don’t end up in this place of torment.’

29 “But Abraham said, ‘Moses and the prophets have warned them. Your brothers can read what they wrote.’

30 “The rich man replied, ‘No, Father Abraham! But if someone is sent to them from the dead, then they will repent of their sins and turn to God.’

31 “But Abraham said, ‘If they won’t listen to Moses and the prophets, they won’t listen even if someone rises from the dead.’â€Â

We know the Bible cannot contradict itself and since ecclesiastes is plsin about the dead knowing nothing.
ecclesaistes 9: 5For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.

And Luke 16 is plain this is a parable when this consciousness takes place

So now we know anyone claiming to see a vision of Mary and her contacting anyone or anyone dead being seen or heard is being decieved by demons or the devil.

carey said:
The United Kingdom of Israel split in two during the reign of Solomon's son, Rehoboam. The Northern Kingdom of Israel was composed of 10 tribes, headed by the tribe of Joseph, in their new capital called Samaria. The Southern Kingdom of Judah continued to rule from Jerusalem, with the Royal House of David presiding over them. Both sinned against the God of Israel and were patiently warned by the prophets, but Northern Israel fell first and was deported by the Assyrians approximately 130 years before Judah was conquered by the Babylonians and the Temple destroyed (2 Kgs. 17).

After 70 years, a small number of Jews returned and restored Jerusalem and built the Temple. The Jews had been deported to Babylon and were from the Southern Kingdom of Judah. The Northern Israelites had been taken captive earlier to other areas (2 Kgs. 17:6) and have never returned.

If you check the records of those who returned from the Babylonian exile it becomes clear that only those from the Southern tribes of Benjamin, Levi and Judah returned. Some carelessly assume that just because they're sometimes referred to as sons or children of Israel that it means they were from the Northern Kingdom of Israel. However, Jacob-Israel had twelve sons who were the patriarchs of the twelve tribes. Every Jew is an Israelite, an ethnic descendant of Jacob-Israel, but not every Israelite is a Jew!

It is historically and biblically important to make this distinction between Jews and Israelites and to be careful not to blur their identities (Ezek. 44:23). After all, God has devoted four books of the Bible to do just that!

But did God intend for Northern Israel to remain lost? Since we acted like pagan Gentiles God let us lose our spiritual minds and think we're Gentiles, but was the punishment for our religious sins supposed to last forever? Didn't God promise that He would preserve Israel's unique identity even though they were scattered throughout and among many nations? Clearly God has never lost sight of who the "Lost Tribes" really are and where they're located today: "For, lo, I will command, and I will sift the House of Israel among all nations, like as corn is sifted in a sieve, yet shall not the least grain fall upon the earth" (Amos 9:9).

If God's aware of a sparrow's condition, certainly He's more concerned with collective Israel's affairs, especially since we're beloved for the fathers' (Abraham, Isaac and Jacob) sakes. Yet we see grief-stricken Israel feeling helpless and hopeless, dead to history, cut off from their roots, having given up any hope of being restored to national life, being reassured by God Almighty that He will restore their physical identity!

Once God begins the healing process, the life-giving spirit of reconciliation between Judah and Israel will result in our restoration as a United Kingdom, One Nation under God! God will restore us to our ancient homeland and revive the Davidic monarchy to rule with but under Messiah. God's Sanctuary will again be found in Jerusalem, and shine as a sign to the whole world, since He'll return home with the exiles (Ezek. 36).

Israel was only to remain lost until just before Messiah comes. That's when we would begin to fulfill our tribal destinies as prophesied by Jacob and Moses (Gen. 49; Deut. 33). The sons of Joseph, the Anglo-Saxons, have fulfilled the prophecies like no other "claimants" to Israel's inheritance can: Manasseh has become the single great nation of the United States, and his brother Ephraim has become the British Commonwealth of Nations (Gen. 48:19), as clearly brought out in The United States and Britain in Bible Prophecy, influenced by Herbert W. Armstrong, one of the greatest proponents of this biblical truth.

After our prophesied 2520 years of exile, Israel began to grow and multiply and be blessed around 1800-1803. A Jewish Homeland reveals how our Jewish brethren also came into their own after the time of their punishment came to a close, and boldly declared their statehood in 1948, holding the Promised Land in trust for all Twelve Tribes (Rom. 3:2).

Joseph and Judah are the top two leaders of the twelve tribes of Israel. It was around the ordained time that God began to bestow Joseph's Birthright that He began to restore Israel's identity among both the Anglo-Saxons and Jews (I Chron. 5:2). Some have embraced this wonderful truth and consequently have drawn closer to each other as brethren, but others have foolishly allowed Satan to create enmity and alienate us. Soon such "sibling rivalry" will be a thing of the past (Isa. 11:13).

Some rabbis/ministers have stubbornly refused to search for the "Lost Ten Tribes" and have left them to wander in their pagan Gentile ways and days! GOD HOLDS MINISTERS RESPONSIBLE FOR NOT HELPING TO RESTORE ISRAEL'S ROOTS AND RESPONSIBILITY! (Ezek. 34:4). He'll personally cut them off from the pulpit and strip them of their duties! They've proven themselves unworthy of shepherding God's people Israel and have forfeited their future as leaders.(Ezek. 34:10; Matt. 12:30). Nevertheless, God has raised up others to accomplish this urgent "search and rescue" mission (Ezek. 34:16).

Surely God wouldn't leave His Church in the dark about Israel's identity, especially since the Gospel should go first to Israelites and then to Gentiles. And the Gospel is ONE BIG PROPHECY! .

Thankfully, there are a growing number of groups and organizations, books and articles, both Christian and Jewish, that are assisting this GREAT WORK OF ISRAELITE IDENTIFICATION. They are helping to proclaim: "I am Joseph your brother" (Gen. 45:4). The Jerusalem-based Brit-Am Israel organization (founded by the Israeli Orthodox Jew Yair Davidiy) is a pioneer among our Jewish brethren.

God reveals our Israelite identity and expects us to help restore our brethren to their biblical senses (Isa. 42:22; 51:1-2). Those ministers who fail to respond to God's call to search and rescue Israel have robbed them of a right relationship with God and our forefathers, substituting pagan hollow days for God's holy days (Isa. 63:16; Hos. 5:7; Malachi 4:4-6). They've stubbornly put their idolatrous traditions above God's commands, preferring doctrinal darkness and captivity over Messiah's spiritual light and freedom.

Nevertheless, a number have been called from the womb to help restore Israel's identity and religion (Isa. 49:5-6), blasting Babylon and clearing away the stumbling blocks of religious confusion (Isa. 57:14; 58:1, 12). Even if our people as a whole reject the plain truth for popular error (2 Chron. 30:5-11), a precious few will always respond to God's call to forsake Babylon (traditional Christianity/Jewish myths) and return to our biblical roots and responsibility (I Kgs. 18:21, 36-37; Rev. 18:4).

It's vital to know who Israel is so they can return to the biblical faith once delivered. Why? To enable them to be spared from "the Time of Jacob's Trouble," the "Great Tribulation" that is prophesied to fall especially hard upon our heads. God expects us to work together to remember our Hebrew roots and responsibility, and to lead and direct our Israelite nations in the right direction (Jer. 31:21).

In order to warn Israel about the many prophecies that preview our coming captivity (due to our idolatry and immorality), it was first necessary for God to restore our identity. God has now restored our identity, He's again warning our nations, and it's up to us what will happen next.

May we take God's Word to heart, return to the God of our fathers, and have hope: "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from Heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land" (2 Chron. 7:14).

David Ben-Ariel is a Christian-Zionist writer and author of Beyond Babylon: Europe's Rise and Fall. Visit the Ten Tribes blog of David Ben-Ariel.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=David_Ben-Ariel

George W. Bush must be a descendant of Abraham and a member of a lost tribe?

George W. Bush must be a descendant of Abraham and a member of a lost tribe?

Actually, doesn't George Bush (and both his parents) trace their lineage to Kings of Judah (i.e., royalty)? I'm not sure if this is the house of David or one from the lineage of Zarah. But some of those conjoined anyway. Interestingly, although the Jews (judah) did not possess the birthright, they did posses the scepter to rule over the other tribes including the birthright tribe of Joseph. I find that connection interesting.

hmmm

tim_from_pa said:
Actually, doesn't George Bush (and both his parents) trace their lineage to Kings of Judah (i.e., royalty)? I'm not sure if this is the house of David or one from the lineage of Zarah. But some of those conjoined anyway. Interestingly, although the Jews (judah) did not possess the birthright, they did posses the scepter to rule over the other tribes including the birthright tribe of Joseph. I find that connection interesting.

How sooo????

How sooo????

Simply this: While we try to figure where the tribes went and the nations they became, the leaders oftentimes trace their genealogy to European royalty. The bible said the scepter will not depart from Judah. It's in their genes.

hmmm

tim_from_pa said:
Simply this: While we try to figure where the tribes went and the nations they became, the leaders oftentimes trace their genealogy to European royalty. The bible said the scepter will not depart from Judah. It's in their genes.

PLease elaborate>>> 8-)

PLease elaborate

You wrote all that stuff about the lost tribes earlier and you don't know what I mean?

Are you sure you are who you originally said you were or are you a kid typing in something when the old man or old lady forgot to log off? :-D

hmmm

tim_from_pa said:
You wrote all that stuff about the lost tribes earlier and you don't know what I mean?

Are you sure you are who you originally said you were or are you a kid typing in something when the old man or old lady forgot to log off? :-D

You seem very combative... :o

What is it you believe on tis topic?

We here are Christians and open minded to all opinion and interpretation of the only true word the Holy Bible.
This word effects every part of human existence and your opinion is graciouslu accepted.
What might it be?
Carey

No, I'm trying to understand what you are asking. In previous posts, you make this long dissertation about lost tribes. When I add another tidbit, it seems as if you do not understand what I am saying---- it does not sound like you at all, if indeed you believe in lost tribes teaching.

Understand that this is a very complex, albeit scriptural topic. There are sharks out there who would eat people up that believe in this truth of God about the lost tribes. If one posts about the subject, they better be ready to defend the position.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back