Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Vasectomy & Tubectomy - God's Judgment

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
If you are having problems with lust? pray and God will send you wisdom, but getting a vasectomy does not solve the issue.
Exactly!

I'm suggesting a vasectomy has the potential of making the issue of controlling sexual passion even worse. The possibility of making kids when we have sex is, IMO, a built in restraint for sexual passion. Unbridled, unhindered sexual fulfillment is not necessarily the blessing we men think it is. I think one should consider carefully the consequences of removing that natural restraint.

In marriage, be careful when you have sex according to your desire and tolerance for children, and be prepared to take full responsibility for any children that do result. This is, IMO, God's plan for sex and marriage. I don't think God ever intended for us men to be mindlessly controlled by consequence free sex. Every man has to consider these truths for himself and apply them as he sees fit.

"What's wrong with a big healthy family?" When I was a kid there was an awesome family that lived by me. They were devout and lived as one would of the Christian lifestyle. They didn't use contraception and as a result had a really large family. Never heard anything wrong about them and they seemed stable and friendly if not quiet. They were poor too which is natural and healthy if managed properly, but that is why GOD the heavenly father tells us to put trust in him, not in wealth and riches.
Absolutely noting wrong if that's what is practical and that's what a couple wants. But you also said they are poor. That probably means, even if not for this couple certainly for most in their situation, that they are relying on the rest of us who have lived financially responsibly to be forced by law to pay for their huge family in the form of government benefits. That's what's wrong with it. I don't think managing your finanaces properly, whether you are poor or rich, should involve forcing others to pay for things that are optional choices for you just because you want them. Having so many kids when you are not able to properly raise them on your own and then blaming God for it is wrong.

The average cost of raising one kid from birth to 18 is well over $330,000! That's almost $19,000 per year per kid! And just how many kids do they actually have? You didn't say. If they are poor, where do you think all that money is coming from. Either the family (including all those kids) is suffering because of this burden or they are forcing the rest of us to pay for it. If they live in the US I would be very surprised if they are not forcing the rest of us to pay for all those kids. I don't believe either of these alternatives is a Godly and responsible choice when the alternative of not having kids that you can't afford is available.

Last edited by a moderator:
What does your wife think? If you have no wife? Then what need is there to have this thing done?
It does not sound as if the parents are the issue?
If you are having problems with lust? pray and God will send you wisdom, but getting a vasectomy does not solve the issue.

No wife yet. Lust and not wanting kids are not the same. So you think having kids because 'God' wants you too is ok, even though the choices you've made in life aren't applicable to have kids. There is a thing called taking responsibility for your actions, from past/present/future.

What does your wife think? If you have no wife? Then what need is there to have this thing done?
It does not sound as if the parents are the issue?

No wife yet. Lust and not wanting kids are not the same. So you think having kids because 'God' wants you too is ok, even though the choices you've made in life aren't applicable to have kids. There is a thing called taking responsibility for your actions, from past/present/future.
Forgive me if I have offended you? But my point was that the vasectomy is not needed if their is no wife (no sexual relationship) I doubt the issue could even be a issue apart from lust? And I do not accept that God wants us all to have children nor is all called to be married. BUT YES, WHAT GOD WANTS should be a believers desire, above their own plans and desires.

[MENTION=96503]George Muller[/MENTION] no offended, it's good to talk this out.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back