Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Was Adam imparted free will from the beginning of Creation?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Who and what have I blamed ?
Didn't you accuse me of suggesting that babies who pass away prematurely suffer the second death, while all I posted was that they go to Hades like the Lord himself. After that, whether they die a second death or not is not our business, and nor will any of us ever know, only God knows. Best - or worst case scenario, they are "gathered to their kins like Abraham", depending on whom their ancestors were - "Abraham breathed his last and died in a good old age, an old man and full of years, and was gathered to his people. " (Gen. 25:8)
The "seed" is carried forth by the fruit.
We are God's seed's fruit.
Our fruit cannot be from another seed than God's.
This is he who received seed by the wayside ...
But he who received the seed on stony place ...
Now he who received seed among the thorns ...
But he who received seed on the good ground ...

We are the ground that RECEIVE the seed of the gospel. We ourselves are neither the seed nor the fruit. Stop contradicting the bible and making up stuffs, man.
The sins of others may affect life around us, but it doesn't have to change our ways.
It didn't change Jesus' ways.
Yes it does, at a perilous time such as this we have to take a stand, either fight the forces of darkness or join them. Many 501(c)(3) churches made their choice to keep their tax exemption status.

Nothing about the will being free.
This weekend I had a fever, no energy, no appetite, burning and sweating in bed, my head was throbbing like it was gonna explode. I had a list of stuffs I wanna do - out of my free will, and usually I can complete all of them at other weekends, but I couldn't in this one, I was too weak to do any of them. Thanks be to God, now I'm back to normal and ready to finish what I've started. Therefore, I wouldn't speak in absolute terms like you do. I don't know what free will means to you, the way I see it, it's not just fleeting thoughts in the mind, it's about human agency, it's about the power to take action and express those thoughts. By this definition, I'd say free will varies from person to person and time to time. It's active when you're strong, inactive when you're weak.

Nothing about the will being free.
Jesus gave her a command, "Go and sin no more." She can either do what Jesus said or not. That's free will. You have free will right now. Undoubtedly you'll come back to the board at some point and write some stuff, but you aren't required to. No one is controlling you or forcing you to do anything because it's your choice.

Who and what have I blamed ?
BTW it's not necessarily you pointing fingers, it was the disciples who supposed the man's blindness was divine retribution for either the his own sin or his parents' sin. In other words, karma, what goes around comes around.

Last edited:
BTW it's not necessarily you pointing fingers, it was the disciples who supposed the man's blindness was divine retribution for either the his own sin or his parents' sin. In other words, karma, what goes around comes around.
OK, thanks.
Men living in the OT often had a sort-of-Karma outlook on things.
But I think it would be wise to believe it today too.
If we do evil, a certain ill fate awaits us.
If we do good, a certain good fate awaits us.
But that fate may not be revealed until the last day.
Plenty of rich, powerful, happy men will end up in hell.
And plenty of poor, destitute, men serving God flawlessly, will end up in heaven. (Heb 11:36-38)

Jesus gave her a command, "Go and sin no more." She can either do what Jesus said or not. That's free will. You have free will right now. Undoubtedly you'll come back to the board at some point and write some stuff, but you aren't required to. No one is controlling you or forcing you to do anything because it's your choice.
A persons will is bound by their nature, it is not free
God's will is not free, so neither is yours.

A persons will is bound by their nature, it is not free
God's will is not free, so neither is yours.
Peter seems to disagree with you. I am sticking with what Peter said since he agrees with Jesus.

2 Peter 1​
3His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through the knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and excellence. 4Through these He has given us His precious and magnificent promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature, now that you have escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.
This doesn't rule out that someone cannot return to a life of sin. They still have free will.

2 Peter 2​
20If indeed they have escaped the corruption of the world through the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, only to be entangled and overcome by it again, their final condition is worse than it was at first. 21It would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness than to have known it and then to turn away from the holy commandment passed on to them. 22Of them the proverbs are true: “A dog returns to its vomit,” and, “A sow that is washed goes back to her wallowing in the mud.”​

OK, thanks.
Men living in the OT often had a sort-of-Karma outlook on things.
But I think it would be wise to believe it today too.
If we do evil, a certain ill fate awaits us.
If we do good, a certain good fate awaits us.
But that fate may not be revealed until the last day.
Plenty of rich, powerful, happy men will end up in hell.
And plenty of poor, destitute, men serving God flawlessly, will end up in heaven. (Heb 11:36-38)
Yeah, cue Lazarus and the rich man.

Peter seems to disagree with you. I am sticking with what Peter said since he agrees with Jesus.

2 Peter 1​
3His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through the knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and excellence. 4Through these He has given us His precious and magnificent promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature, now that you have escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.
This doesn't rule out that someone cannot return to a life of sin. They still have free will.

2 Peter 2​
20If indeed they have escaped the corruption of the world through the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, only to be entangled and overcome by it again, their final condition is worse than it was at first. 21It would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness than to have known it and then to turn away from the holy commandment passed on to them. 22Of them the proverbs are true: “A dog returns to its vomit,” and, “A sow that is washed goes back to her wallowing in the mud.”​
You have not escaped into a sin free life. You sin everyday. This verse does not teach that.

Unsaved people are judged according to their works.

When you are trying to be specific, it helps to offer a verse or two on what you are trying to say. I offered 8 links on the words , like ordained. Did you read them? If something comes to pass, it was ordained to come to pass.
That does not mean that God [causes} wicked men to sin. They sin because they desire to sin, and are accountable.
Go back and follow my back and forth with wondering. She does not react to the 8 links, looks to side step them , then resume her agenda. So she asks the same questions repeatedly, and will still be still asking the same questions years from now, unless she works through the data.

My position is derived from scripture R so you need to dismantle or correct the scriptures I offer. Scripture can contain logic.

Works of the law do not actually save. Paul in Romans 2 is explaining the fruit of the wicked, and the fruit of the righteous.

I said earlier that a scripture based thought can be logical. here your logic is being twisted to denigrate scriptural truth. Those like you at this present time, infighting the biblical truths known as Calvinism, become irrational, andoffer foolish ,emotional objections that do not stand up under scrutiny

To speak of God in this way is exceedingly profane. God has a perfect eternal plan. He does not "pull strings".
He plans and purposes what he intends to do, and He always gets it done.
9 Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,

10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying,
My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

11 Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executeth my counsel from a far country: yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it.

R this is the biblical God. This is what calvinists are posting about. This is what your
'logic", and comments are opposing.

R...your rebellion is duty noted. I am not your judge, but can only offer correction and urge you to keep studying until you find the truth.

It seems that way to you and several others who lack understanding, and instead create strawmen to fight against. I cannot make you or anyone understand and believe it, I can just declare as you set your face against the God who has revealed Himself, and invent your own version who does what you think he should do.
Others who post as you do say things like ;
I cannot worship a God who- sends people to hell,who sent a worldwide flood, who ordered Israel to kill men, woman, and children.

Again, the fruit,not the root.
PLEASE TAG IN ANY MEMBER THAT YOU MENTION.
THIS IS REQUIRED IN OUR TERMS OF SERVICE.
THANKS

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS POST IN THIS THREAD.
USE TALK WITH STAFF IF NECESSARY.

No...totally depraved means thoroughly crooked, and perverted. Not every single thing, but all the works of the unsaved are tainted by sin.
but you said God doesn't sin because it's contrary to His nature, but on the other hand since I am not God then I must sin all the time? How, then, am I not partaking of the divine nature if I can even stop sinning for an hour? Seems there are some inconsistencies in how you apply free will.

Do you have the proof that he is still committing sin ?
yes
Why do you judge folks so much ?
there is so much falsehood being posted here.
BTW, the verse does say that !

but you said God doesn't sin because it's contrary to His nature, but on the other hand since I am not God then I must sin all the time? How, then, am I not partaking of the divine nature if I can even stop sinning for an hour? Seems there are some inconsistencies in how you apply free will.
Free will does not exist...it is man made philosophy. So there are no inconsistencies.

Free will does not exist...it is man made philosophy. So there are no inconsistencies.
God is God therefore He never sins. I am not God and do sin, but I can also stop sinning. Therefore I have a divine nature and God has a divine nature and I can choose to sin. That’s free will and yes it does demonstrate an inconsistency in your claim to there being no free will.

God is God therefore He never sins. I am not God and do sin, but I can also stop sinning. Therefore I have a divine nature and God has a divine nature and I can choose to sin. That’s free will and yes it does demonstrate an inconsistency in your claim to there being no free will.
Only in your mind friend. You can imagine anything you want too. That is why many people enjoy fantasy instead of reality.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back