Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Wazzup with FC BARCELONA?!! (News)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
WOMEN'S FOOTBALL

FC Barcelona's women's team take a giant step taken towards the title (0-7)

WWW.FCBARCELONA.CAT 05/20/2012 09:23

Xavi Llorens' players comfortably beat Reocín this afternoon. They will be Superliga champions if they win a point in the last game of the season

With this victory, the women's football team maintain their three-point advantage over second place Athletic Club

Barça will face Huelva at home in the last match of the competition

8851.v1337528450.jpg

PHOTO: MANUEL GUTIÉRREZ FERNÃNDEZ

MATCH STATS

SD REOCÃN, 0

FC BARCELONA, 7

SD Reocín: Yumay, Ãlex, Andrea, Ana, Marta, Taty, Rebeca, Eva, Andri, Rocío (Tamara, min 53) and Carla (Lucía, min 47).

FC Barcelona: Ràfols, Marta (Kenti,min 70), Meli, Ani (Olga, min 50), Melanie, Guti, Luli (Corredera, min 50), Míriam, Vicky, Sònia and Carol (Leila, min 70)

Goals: 0-1, Vicky, min 9; 0-2, Luli, min 32; 0-3, Olga, min 53; 0-4, Olga, min 62; 0-5, Olga, min 75; 0-6, Sònia, min 78, and 0-7, Leila min 86.

One more point and they’ll be champions. Xavi Llorens ’ Barça played away to bottom-of-the-table Reocín and came away with a convincing victory. These three points are vital for FCBarcelona Women’s A team, who will play the last match of the season against Sporting Huelva with the objective of clinching the title.

Two goals in the first half...

The women’s football team demonstrated their superiority over the home team under the intense rain in Cantabria. Vicky opened up the scoring with a powerful shot from outside the area and Luli brought the Superliga title that much closer when she knocked in a cross from the left wing.

Halfway through the first half, Barça already were comfortably dominating the match on an irregular pitch, Reocín, on the other hand, were not fortunate in front of Ràfols’ goal. Barça went to the break with a 0-2 lead.

... five goals in the second half

Olga was undoubtedly the woman of the match after she netted a hat-trick at the start of the second half. The striker took advantage of two good collectiveplays and a rebound from the home side’s keeper to score her three goals. Barça, however, kepton pushing and Sonia scored the sixth with a beautiful chip shot; Leila , at the end of the match, scored the seventh and final goal.

The thrashing could have been worse seeing that Barça hit the woodwork five times throughoutthe 90 minutes. After this convincing 7-0 victory, Xavi Llorens’ players are preparing forthe final match of the competition. They only need one point to claim the title.

FCB

Juvenil A – Athletic Club: Dongou leads the way in the King's Cup (2-0)

05/20/2012 09:26
Óscar García's men qualified for the quarter-finals of the King's Cup after beating the Basque sidethanks to a brace from the youngCameroonian

2012-05-20_FCB_JUVENIL_A_-_ATHLETIC_CLUB_DE_BILBAO_021.v1337518178.jpg

Dongou celebrates one of his goals against Athletic Club / PHOTO: Àlex Caparrós - FCB
MATCH STATS
FC BARCELONA, 2
ATHLETIC CLUB, 0
FC Barcelona: Tienda, Edu, Brian, Bagnack, Ayala, Samper, Ernesto (Sandro, min 45), Patri, Dongou (Pol Calvet, min 87), Quintillà (Nando, min 66) and Cristian (Miguel Ãngel, min 60).
Athletic Club: Aitor, Artabe, Arribalzaga, Molinos, Montoiro (Alejandro, min 66), Seguín, Gil, Iturraspe (Etxaburu, min 72), Martín, Etxeberria, Santamaría (Vegas, min 87)
Goals: 1-0, Dongou, min 52, i 2-0, Dongou, min 70.
Referees: Alfonso Ãlvarez Izquierdo.
Doungou was the man of the match after scoring two goals against Athletic Club. With the 3-3from the away leg of the Round of 16, played in Lezama, the Barça side beat the Basques thanks to the Cameroonian’s goalscoring prowess. Óscar García’s team will be handed a quarter-final rival in the King’s Cup draw later this week.
Game marked by rain
The match started with both teams coming close to putting the ball in the back of the net as the pitch soaked in the heavy rains. The striker Gorka Santamaría failed to score from aone-on-one and Dongou responded for the Catalan side. Both teams were looking for the win in an intense match. The clearest goalscoring chance, however, fell to Edu on a corner kick. The Azulgrana defender controlled the cross after beatinghis mark to the ball, his shot, however, sent the ball narrowly over the crossbar.
The ball wasn’t rolling properly due to the rain-soaked surface ofthe pitch. Intensity was the key factor in creating danger on attack, both teams attempted to take advantage of dead balls. Theonly collective play from Óscar García’s men in the first half that created any danger ended with apoor control from Dongou in Athletic’s area.
From that point on, the game played out with little collective play and a lot of imprecision. Thegoalless draw meant that Barça were going through to the next round. But a Basque goal could endanger Barça’s away goal advantage from the 3-3 result in the away leg.
Dongou decides the match in the second half
With an Athletic trying to secure qualification to the next round with a goal, it was Barça that enjoyed the best goalscoring chances. Edu, with a powerful header from a corner kick, was denied by Aitor, the Basque goal keeper. Minutes later, however, Dongou stepped up to score the opener with a beautiful goal. TheCameroonian beat his mark and beat Aitor with a low shot.
The goal practically finished off the tie. Tienda saved a point-blank shot to deny the equaliser. Dongou quickly scored his second goal in almost identical fashion to his first. It was the definitive blow to Athletic. The reigning champions of the tournament now awaits a rival inthe next round.

FCB,

Sergi Garcia

Eliminating Barça, synonymous with winning the title

05/20/2012 09:59
Every team that eliminated Barça in the last four seasons have gone on to win the title. Chelsea were the last team to do it as the English side claimed the Champions League in Munich on Saturday

chelseacampio.v1337520163.jpg

Chelsea, champions. PHOTO: chelseafc.com
Champions League
Of the last five Champions Leagues tournaments, Barça havewon two (2009 and 2011) and, ofthe other three, the teams that eliminated Barça all went on the win the Cup: Manchester United (2008), Inter (2010) and Chelsea (2012).
With the King’s Cup Final on the horizon, Barça have won 13 out of 18 possible titles since the 2008/09 season. Of the five titles that the team didn’t win, the teams that eliminated the Catalans went on to win said titles. The last team to do it was Chelsea. The Blues claimed the Champions League crown in Munich after seeing Barça off in the semi-finals.
Sevilla, the first
In 2009, the team led by Pep Guardiola won six Cups and Sevilla, in the Round of 16 of the 09/10 King’s Cup, were the first team to eliminate Barça from a competition The Andalusian side went on to win the Cup at the Camp Nou. The second team to eliminate Barça from a competition was Inter Milan in the Champions League. The Italians also went on to claim the trophy in the Final.
Last season, Barça lost in the King’s Cup Final to Madrid. This season Los Blancos finished ahead of Barça in La Liga, and Chelsea won the Champions League after eliminating the Catalans in the semi-finals.

FCB,

Jordi Clos

The experts in Guardiola finals

Xavi, Messi, Keita and Pedro have appeared in 13 of the 14 final matches that Barça have contested over the last four seasons

2011-08-26_PORTO-FCB_45_.v1337447450.JPG

Xavi, a Mònaco. FOTO: MIGUEL RUIZ-FCB.
Players and finals
13: Xavi, Pedro, Messi and Keita. 12: Busquets. 11: Alves. 10: Piqué and Abidal. 9: Valdés. 8: Iniesta. 7: Puyol. 6: Mascherano and Adriano. 5: Villa. 3: Cesc. 2: Pinto, Afellay, Alexis and Thiago. 1: Fontàs.
Considering that the Spanish Supercup is a two-legged affair, Barça have played 14 matches in 11 finals under Pep Guardiola, and have won 11 of them, with just one draw and two defeats. So the game at the Calderón will be the fifteenth final match in four years. With four players in the squad that have appeared in 13 of the previous 14, Xavi, Pedro, Messi and Keita, there will be plenty of experience to draw upon.
Xavi and Pedro missed the first leg of the Spanish Supercup in 2010/11 in Sevilla as they were still resting after winning the World Cup with Spain. Messi also missed the first leg of a Supercupmatch, a year earlier at San Mamés. Meanwhile, the only finalKeita has missed was the last one,the Clubs World Cup against Santos.
After these four, the other players that have appeared in the most finals since 2009 have been Busquets (12), Alves (11), Piqué (10), Abidal (10) and Valdés(9).
Cuenca on verge of debut
At the other end of the first team scale, we have Isaac Cuenca. He was still part of Barça B when theteam played in the Supercups at the start of the season, but could end it with a Copa del Rey Final appearance. The recently promoted Andreu Fontàs did get to come on towards the end of the Clubs World Cup Final, but he will miss the game in Madrid through injury.

FCB,

Jordi Clos

Pinto: "We want a happy farewell for Guardiola"

www.fcbarcelona.cat 05/21/2012 10:00

The Azulgrana keeper has recovered from his ankle injury and he’s mentally preparing to play “a difficult and beautiful†final against Athletic Club

With Montoya’s possible call-up to the starting line-up, Pinto noted the quality of the players that come up through the youth system. “They arrive prepared and qualifiedâ€

He said that he’s won the Barça fans over by giving his utmost in the games he plays

2012-01-03_ENTRENO_08.v1337590647.JPG

Pinto, en un entrenament / FOTO:ARXIU FCB

Superstition and music

-Are you superstitious?

“When I was younger I was. The older you get you more you leavethese things behind. If not, I wouldn’t wear the number 13. I love this number.â€

-Do you listen to music before games?

“I prefer to read before matches, because it relaxes me. I just finished reading ‘El maestro de las cometas.’

-Do you listen to your own music or do you try to disconnect by listening to other types of music?

“I listen to all types of music. We play various songs in the dressing room in order to motivate the team.â€

-At the Camp Nou, when you go out to warm up, your music always plays...

“I passed along my CD at the start of the season so they could play it during our warmup session before the match and things went well for us that day. People thought ‘let’s keep on using this music, things worked out well,’ also because they liked it, obviously. The reason we listen to my music during the warmup is because of superstition, though.â€

In an interview with Barça TV José Manuel Pinto said that he’s preparing for the King’s Cup Finalagainst Athletic Club. He confirmed that he’s in perfect physical condition for the match while noting that the team have overcome “obstacles†in the past in reference to the announced absences of both Puyol and Alves.

He recognised that it will be a special match seeing that it’s Pep Guardiola’s last match on the Barça bench, but he also said thathe’d like to dedicate a hypothetical victory to Abidal and his family. Pinto went on to say that he has complete confidence in the Barça youth system and he praised Marcelo Bielsa’s sensational side .

- How’s your ankle?

“I feel great. If everything goes according to plan, I’ll be in optimal condition.â€

-We’ve had the recent bad news of both Puyol and Alves’ injuries. But this team have always been able to overcome these types of difficulties. Why is that?

“I believe that these small inconveniences always happen throughout the season and it’s a shame that we won’t be able to play with some of our team-mates due to last-minute injuries. But we must keep on moving and we, whenever there has been an obstacle, have been able to move forward.â€

-Martín Montoya might get the nod to start against Athletic Club. Is he ready to play in a final?

“Every player that comes up through the youth system is highly qualified. They prove it when they come out [onto the pitch] and they don’t notice the change [when they move up to the first team] because they’re very well prepared. We have confidence in them.â€

-Ahead of preparing for the match, does it make a big difference on the game if Puyol, Mascherano or Piqué are playing in the middle?

“We prepare for each match in the same way. The only thing that changes are the individual characteristics of the players. But I have confidence in whoever plays, the only thing that changesare the small details.â€

-It’s an important final seeing that it will be Pep Guardiola’s lastmatch on the bench. Does this fact add pressure to the team? Does it motivate you?

“It’s hard to define, we don’t like that he’s leaving. The last match [with Guardiola] will be sad, we have to win to turn that sadness into joy so we can give him a proper send off. I hope it works out this way, we’re motivated. We’re all awaiting that moment.â€

-How important has Guardiola been in your career? What have you learned?

“With him I’ve principally learnedhow to use my feet and how to read the game. I’ll always be thankful for the confidence he’s given me. He has complete confidence in me and I’ve done my best to return the gesture. I’ve done it with my attitude in our training sessions and especially when I play.â€

-Another final against Athletic Club. Is this team like the one in the 2009 Final?

“Every team modifies itself every year. It’s obvious that Athletic have improved a lot. They are a very competitive side. They play well and their manager is responsible for this positive change. It will be a very difficult and beautiful final.â€

-Guardiola says that Athletic Club are the sensation the year. Do you agree?

“I’ve followed them and I believe that they are one of the standoutteams of the year. Atlético Madridhave also had a great season.â€

-Do you believe you’ve permanently won over the Culés?Do you believe your public imagehas hurt you in anyway?

“I’ve never thought about it. I believe that I’ve won the Culés over because when I’m out and about they show me their appreciation. The only thing I’ve done is give everything I have and try to bring something to thegroup. When someone comports himself with honesty the people see that and give it value.â€

-Have you thought the match over in your head Have you dreamed of the perfect match?

“I’ve had a flash or two, but I’ve quickly forgotten about it. We want this to end well. I hope thatI can dedicate the trophy to my grandparents, who recently passed away. I’d also like to dedicate the trophy to Abidal and my family.â€

FCB

21 of Barça’s Champions League rivals already known
www.fcbarcelona.cat 05/21/2012 11:43
With virtually all the European leagues concluded, the 22 of the teams for the next UCL are decided
Ten teams still to come through the qualifying rounds

FCB-CHELSEA_1_.v1337602399.JPG

Barça i Chelsea estaran al primer bombo / FOTO: ARXIU FCB
The 22 teams
Group 1
Chelsea
FC Barcelona
Manchester United
Bayern München
Real Madrid
Arsenal
Porto
AC MilanGroup 2
Valencia
Benfica
Shakhtar Donetsk
Zenit
Schalke 04
Manchester City
Group 3
Olympiakos
Ajax
Anderlecht
Juventus
FC Copenhaguen*
Bombo 4
Galatasaray
Borussia Dortmund
Montpellier
Nordsjaelland*
*The team which wins the Danishleague will not play the qualifying rounds
With this year’s Champions League and the majority of the domestic European leagues, Twenty-two of the thirty two teams in the Group stages have already been decided, with a further ten to come through the qualifying rounds.
Big names spread out
The draw for next season’s competition will take place on August 30th and it promises to throw up some interesting ties, with the champions of the four main leagues in four different groups for the draw – ManchesterCity are in group two, Juventus inthe third group and Borussia Dortmund in group four . Those three will provide the main threats in the draw, but there arealso teams such as Schalke 04, Ajax, Galatasaray and the new French champions Montpeller, who Barça could find themselves playing in the Group Stage.
Top seeded group
FC Barcelona have the best coefficient according to UEFA andthey head the top seeded group for the draw, alongside Chelsea, United, Bayern, Madrid, Arsenal, Porto and AC Milan , who they areguaranteed not to meet, as well as fellow Spanish teams Valencia and Malaga – if Pellegrini’s team get through the qualifying rounds.
There are some big names missing from the draw – most notably, Liverpool, Inter Milan and Lyon – who will miss out on the chance to walk for the final on May 25th 2013 at Wembley Stadium – a venue Barça have already lifted two titles at of course!

FCB

Abidal discharged from hospital
www.fcbarcelona.cat 05/21/2012 15:46
Eric Abidal was today discharged from hospital, although according to a medical bulletin he will still need to return for regular checkups

2011-09-08_ENTRENO_35.v1337608180.JPG

Abidal discharged from hospital /PHOTO: ARCHIVE FCB
The French defender was discharged form hospital today after his liver transplant on April 10th. The Club’s medical services released a bulletin explaining: “given the particulars of his recovery process. Abidal will haveto undergo a number of hospital checkupsâ€.

FCB

The Azulgrana expedition to Madrid in detail
www.fcbarcelona.cat 05/21/2012 16:24
2,400 FC Barcelona members havebooked their travel to Madrid for the King's Cup Final through FCB Viatges: 1,050 people will travel by motor coach and 1,350 will travel by train

2011-04-27_SALIDA_AFICION_REAL_MADRID_-_FCB_004.v1337611405.jpg

PHOTO: ARXIU FCB
With the King’s Cup Final only four days away (May 25, at 22:00 against Athletic Club), the details of the Barça supporters’ trip to Madrid have been announced. A total of 2,400 members have booked their travel through FCBViatges. 1,050 members will make the trip via motor coach and 1,350 will travel by train.
It’s worth noting that the Club made 13,600 tickets available to members and 3,400 available to supporters clubs.
Here is all the travel information for Barça members travelling by motor coach or train.
TRAVEL BY MOTOR COACH
• 18 vehicles will depart from Catalonia for Madrid this Friday. Most of them, 15, will start the journey to the Spanish capital from the Camp Nou at 6:30 in the morning. All members that have signed up for this trip must be present at the Camp Nou half an hour before the scheduled departure (6:00).
• Furthermore, two motor coaches will leave from the Espai Gironès for Barça members livingin Girona. The vehicles are scheduled to leave at 6:30, members must be present half and hour before departure.
• The last motor coach is allocated to members making thetrip from Vilanova, Tarragona and Lleida. The motor coach will start the journey at 6:00 from Vilanova (travellers must be present at 5:45 at the Vilanova train station), the motor coach will then leave from Tarragona at6:45 (members need to be present at the Plaza Imperial Tarraco at 6:30) and, finally, fromLleida at 8:30 (members need to be present at the Camp d’Esports at 8:00).
IMPORTANT : Members that make the motor coach trip from the Camp Nou will be able to park their cars at the Camp Nou’s Lateral zone (entry gates 1 and 21). The car must be moved before 12:00 on Saturday.
TRAVEL BY TRAIN
• There will also be a Barça expedition travelling by train. Members will make the trip in four different trains, all of which will leave from the Sants-Estació station. Three of the trains are exclusively allocated to Barça members: the first train will leaveat 9:00, the second at 9:40 and the last at 11:00. There will also be a train leaving at 8:00, this train has a car exclusively for Barça members with a ticket for the Final.
IMPORTANT : Members that booked their travel arrangements through FCBViatges will also be given a one-way ticket from Cercanías, this will allow members to travel from Atocha to Pirámides, the metro stop adjacent to the Vicente Calderón. Once the matchis over, there will be motor coaches at the Paseo de las Yeserías to transport members back to Atocha for the return trip.
SUPPORTERS CLUBS TRAVEL
• The 3,400 supporters club members that have a ticket for the final will make the trip to Madrid via 38 motor coaches. Of these, 25 will leave from Catalonia and the rest will make the trip from all over Spain (Andalusia, Asturias, Extremadura, Valencia, Alicante and Castellón).
• Furthermore, there are supporters club members from other countries that will also make the trip. The countries represented in the final will be: Qatar, Morocco, Switzerland, Germany, Italy, Costa Rica, Poland, Brazil, United States, France, Holland, Canada, Panama,Belgium, Ireland, Argentina, Greece, UK and Gambia.
In total, there will be 1,200 Barça supporters clubs at the Vicente Calderón.
IMPORTANT : supporters clubs members that booked their trips through FCBViatges will also be given a parking pas that will allow them to park near the Vicente Calderón.
PRIVATE TRAVEL RECOMMENDATIONS
Even though it’s recommended toutilise public transport, the local authorities have suggested various areas of the city that will make parking easier. These locations are the Planetario de Madrid (members and fans will then have to travel by metro to the Méndez Ãlvaro station), parking lot at the Atocha station, and parking on the Avenida de Córdoba (members and fans will then have to travel by metro to the Almendrales station). There isno guarantee that parking will be available.
MAP
Fan Zone

FCB

Cesc: “We're ready for the finalâ€

05/21/2012 19:17

2012-05-21_ENTRENO_03.v1337621133.JPG

The Catalan midfielder, who will play in his first Copa del Rey final,says that his team-mates are “eager and excited†for the Final on Friday
Cesc wants to win the title in order to finish off the year “on a high note,†but also so that the team can pay tribute to the outgoing manager in his last game on the Barça bench
“The news about Abidal is fantasticâ€
The Barça players were extremelyhappy to hear that Éric Abidal was discharged from hospital this afternoon. “It’s fantastic news. We’re very pleased that everything went well. Now it’s time for him to recover at home and, with out help, get back as soon as possible,†said Cesc.
“We’re prepared and ready for the final. It’s not normal to wait so long to play a final but our eagerness and excitement to playhas helped us overcome the wait"
"A Barça legend is leaving [Guardiola] but we have to look forward and be positive. We know this team have a lot yet to giveâ€
“Tito knows exactly what he’s doing and what he wants to doâ€
Cesc Fàbregas , who will play in his first Copa del Rey final, is counting down the hours to when the referee signals the start of the match between FC Barcelona and Athletic Club on May 25 at 22:00. His team-mates have already told him about what kind of atmosphere he should expect in the Cup final, “sometimes it’s better than a Champions League game, and that’s why I’m eager to experience it.†The Azulgrana midfielder said that he’s “very motivated and very eager†for the match as he reminded the packed press room that Barça have the chance to finish off the year with four titles.
The break between games won’t be a factor
The player also recognised that the team is not used to having so much time off between matches, but he doesn’t believe it will be afactor in Barça’s last match of theseason. “We’re prepared and ready for the final. It’s not normal to wait so long to play a final but our eagerness and excitement to play has helped us overcome the wait,†said Cesc.
More motivated than ever
The midfielder doesn’t believe that Athletic Club, who recently lost in the final of the Europa League, will be more motivated than the Azulgranas in the Cup Final. “I’m sure they are not more motivated than we are. Our hunger for victory and our excitement hasn’t run out.†However, he also warned of the dangers presented by Marcelo Bielsa’s side: “we’re going to playagainst a spectacular team that we admire. They have hope, they’re eager and they always goforward. They remind me of some English teams, with very direct football but they also utilise their passing game.†He anticipates a hard-fought match, like most of the games between the two side.
The best final for Guardiola
Cesc also recognised that wining the Copa del Rey title this Friday would be the best way to end Guardiola’s era as Barça’s manager. “Finishing with a title would be spectacular.†He also noted that the manager’s decision is not a letdown, but it has left the players with a lingering sadness: “we know what he means to Barça and its fans, both on an individual and collective level. He’s a unique andadmirable person. A Barça legendis leaving but we have to look forward and be positive. We know this team have a lot yet to give.â€
“Tito knows what he’s doingâ€
Cesc also praised the decision to name Tito Vilanova as the next FC Barcelona manager. “Tito knows exactly what he’s doing and what he wants to do.†Looking ahead to next season, Cesc hopes to improve upon this year’s performance. “I’ll try to give more next season, I’ll require the absolute best of myself†He’s also aware that after the first transitional season, the second “is more complicated.â€
Cesc also rubbished claims that there’s a bad relationship between Guardiola and Vilanova. “Guardiola’s relationship with Vilanova is fantastic, hearing these comments from the outsideisn’t good. It hurts us because weknow that they have a good relationship.â€

FCB,

Anna Segura

Barça resume preparations for the Copa del Rey Final
www.fcbarcelona.cat 05/21/2012 19:56

2012-05-21_ENTRENO_37.v1337625949.JPG

The first team returned to training after enjoying a two-daybreak. Thiago Alcántara featured in today’s training after recovering from a stomach virus
Training session on Tuesday morning
Guardiola will lead another closed-door training session on Tuesday at 11:00 at the Ciutat Esportiva Joan Gamper. Gerard Piqué will hold a post-training press conference.
Barça faces a crucial week of training ahead of the Copa del Rey Final in Madrid against Athletic Club. After enjoying two days off, the team returned to training this afternoon at the Ciutat Esportiva Joan Gamper. Thiago Alcántara , who has missed the team’s last training session due to illness, was back with the team.
The available first-team players, including Pinto and Alexis , both of whom still do not have medical clearance to play, participated in the training session. The Barça B players Montoya , Bartra , Tello and Dos Santos joined their first-team colleagues as well.
Pep Guardiola will not be able use Alves, Puyol, Villa, Fontàs and Abidal in the final.

FCB

Barça and Òscar Garcia have reached a mutual agreement to terminate their contract
www.fcbarcelona.cat 05/22/2012 11:12
The manager of the FC Barcelona Juvenil team has requested this termination in order to be able to start a new professional project

2012-04-09_BARCELONA-ESPANYOL_JUVENIL_29.v1337678118.JPG

Ã’scar Garcia. FOTO: ARXIU FCB.
FC Barcelona has announced thatthe club has reached an agreement with Òscar García, coach of the Juvenil A team, to end the contract binding the twoparties. The club has thereby attended to the request of Òscar García, who wished to terminate his contact in order to focus on a new professional project.
Pep Muñoz, who was until now the assistant manager of the Juvenil A team will be taking overas head coach for what remains of the season.

FCB

Casual line also presented
www.fcbarcelona.cat 05/22/2012 11:43
For the second year running, FC Barcelona has also presented a
collection of street-wear based on the Barça symbols and colours

2012-05-22_PRESENTACION_EQUIPACION_FCB_2012-2013_023.v1337698427.jpg

Nike y el FC Barcelona también han presentado la colección casual / FOTO: ÃLEX CAPARRÓS - FCB
On Tuesday, at the same time as the presentation of the official FC Barcelona first team kits for the 2012/13 season, Nike also presented the Train and Express lines that offer a range of clothing not just for the players, but also the fans, to display the team colours in style anywhere from the training ground, to the street or the Camp Nou terraces.
Express Line
Nike is launching a new line of casual clothing for the 2012/13 season, with symbols and designsthat honour the history of the club, as well as reflecting the latest kit designs, which will serve to strengthen the bond between players and supporters.
Train Line
The training line for this season has been specially designed to ensure the comfort of the players, while also improving their performances. The complete and adaptable layers ofthese Nike garments will be able to satisfy the needs of the today’selite footballers.

FCB

An artful presentation

05/22/2012 12:00
The Barcelona Contemporary ArtsMuseum was the venue on Tuesday for
the presentation of the FC Barcelona first team uniform for 2012/13

2012-05-22_PRESENTACION_EQUIPACION_FCB_2012-2013_010.v1337688168.jpg

FC Barcelona President, Sandro Rosell, with the general director of Nike, Marcos Garzo / PHOTO: ÃLEX CAPARRÓS - FCB
Rosell pleas for freedom of expression
At the end of his speech, President Sandro Rosell said that he hopes that "all Barça fans can freely make their feelings heard at the cup final, that’s only to be expectedâ€. He was speaking only a few hours after the President of the Community of Madrid, Esperanza Aguirre, had said that Friday’s match between FCB and Athletic Bilbao "should be suspended and played somewhere else behind closed doors†if there is any booing or jeering of the Prince or the Spanish Anthem.
There could have been no better venue than the Museo de Arte Contemporáneo de Barcelona (MACBA) for FC Barcelona and Nike to present the first team kitsfor the 2012/13 season. PresidentSandro Rosell was there along with vice presidents Javier Faus and Carles Vilarrubí, director Jordi Moix, director general Antoni Rossich, Director of Professional Football Andoni Zubizarreta and Nike director general, Marcos Garzo, among others.
Record sales expected
The Barça president spoke about the good relations between Nike and FC Barcelona, saying "we have been designing and improving for 15 years, considering the environment, our values and Catalonia. I hope the union persists for many moreyears. Through Barça’s bad period, Nike stayed at our side, renewing the contract, and we appreciate thatâ€. Garzo also mentioned the future. "Both Barça and Nike want to keep on innovating, it is essential in orderfor us to keep improvingâ€.
Both are convinced that the latest shirt will be biggest selling in club history, due to the enormous demand before the new design had even been officially presented on Tuesday.
A collection for everyone
Once the speeches were over, theattention moved into the adjacent hall, where the new kitswere finally revealed, the most awaited moment of the day. There were as many as 20 mannequins on display, including one hanging from the ceiling, which got the media’s cameras flashing immediately. Each mannequin was clad in different garment, some sporty, others casual, some for men, others for women. In short, a collection made for every taste.

FCB,

Roger Bogunyà

Training session: Final sprint
www.fcbarcelona.cat 05/22/2012 13:00
The team trained on Tuesday morning with all thoughts on theCup Final against Athletic Bilbao. Thiago, Alexis and Pinto were all able to work out normally

2012-05-22_ENTRENO_47.v1337682632.JPG

Iniesta, en l'entrenament d'aquest dimarts. FOTO: MIGUEL RUIZ-FCB.
On Tuesday morning, Barça trained for the second to last time before Friday’s Copa del Rey Final. The venue was Sant Joan Despí. Thiago , now recovered from his stomach bug, and Alexis and Pinto , though not yet declared fully fit, were able to train at the same pace as their team-mates. Like on Monday, they were joined by four members of the B team: Montoya , Bartra , Dos Santos and Tello .
In cold, windy weather, the only players missing were, as expected, Alves , Puyol , Villa , Abidal and Fontàs . The team will continue its preparations for the duel with Athletic Bilbao on Wednesday morning, behind closed doors at the Ciutat Esportiva.

FCB

Orange and yellow change strip
www.fcbarcelona.cat 05/22/2012 13:01
The new FC Barcelona second kit for the 2012/13 is a veritable array of vibrant colours to celebrate the team’s dazzling football

photo_m2a_equip.v1337682508.JPG

Segona equipació per a la temporada 2012/13
The FC Barcelona change strip forthe 2012/13 season merges orange and yellow in honour of the city’s culture, art, style and architecture. It has a classic orange collar with the famous Barça colours on the nape and sleeves. The back of the shirt also features the Catalan flag, and the ‘More Than a Club’ slogan on the inside of the collar, written in a typeface was specially chosen to reflect Catalan architecture.
Yellow shorts
The yellow shorts include a trim down the side in FCB’s more traditional ‘blaugrana’ colours, and the word "Barça" on the back. The yellow socks also have the Barça colours at the top and the name of the club on the back.They also feature the innovative soles that help with balance and have gone down so well among professionals.
The kit not only combines a sporty, modern and young look. Nike have also included the very latest technological advances to enhance the comfort and performance of the players.
Innovative yet environmentally friendly
The new change strip is made of recycled polyester, a latest generation material that has been hailed as the most ecological garment that Nike has ever produced. Each set of shirt and shorts has been made using as many as thirteen recycled water bottles, a process that reduces energy consumption by 30% in comparison with traditionally produced polyester. Since 2010, Nike has used approximately 1115 million water bottles to create high performance sportswear.
The material used to make these kits is 23% lighter, while the textile is 20% stronger than previous Nike products, and includes what is called Nike Dri-FIT technology to eliminate humidity and keep the player dryand fresh.
The most important seams of the shirt and shorts have T shaped reinforcements. The seams are also connected on the inside by asmooth finish that improves overall comfort and performance. To improve thermal regulation, a series of tiny holes made by laser helps to ventilate the body from the armpits down to the waist, ensuring that the player’s body isadequately aired at all times.
The players will complement their outer kits with Nike Pro Combat underwear, which provides further comfort and protection against injuries. Fans and players alike can also enjoy Nike’s Barcelona Sportswear collection of other products, all of which are inspired by the traditions of the club.

FCB

Blurred stripes on new first team shirt
www.fcbarcelona.cat 05/22/2012 13:20
FC Barcelona and Nike have presented the new first team shirt today, with the brand new feature of the famous stripes being blurred

Nike_Better_World.v1337679943.jpeg

Es presenta la nova equipació per a la temporada 2012/13
The Barcelona shirt for the 2012-2013 season features a newand daring look, with the world famous stripes gradually mergingfrom red to blue. The design presented midday today at the MACBA centre in Barcelona has been described as reflecting howthe club has made such copious use of young, local talent for so many years in combination with some of the world’s top international stars, thus reflecting the club’s famous blend of youth, tradition and creativity.
Marine red neck
The marine red neck gives the shirt a classic yet modern appearance, and also features the red and yellow of the Catalan flag on the outside and the ‘MoreThan a Club’ slogan on the inside.The blue on the shirt is darker than the shade that has appeared in more recent editions, and the typeface was chosen to reflect Catalan architecture.
Blue shorts with red trim
The blue shorts include a red stripe down the side, and the word "Barça" on the back. The blue socks also have the "Barça" name in yellow lettering, using the same typeface as the shirt. They also feature the innovative soles that help with balance and have gone down so well among professionals.
Nike innovating
The kit not only combines a sporty, modern and young look. Nike have also included the very latest technological advances to enhance the comfort and performance of the players.
Environmentally friendly
The kit is made of recycled polyester, a latest generation material that has been hailed as the most ecological garment that Nike has ever produced. Each set of shirt and shorts has been made using as many as thirteen recycled water bottles, a process that reduces energy consumptionby 30% in comparison with traditionally produced polyester. Since 2010, Nike has used approximately 1115 million water bottles to create high performance sportswear.
Dri-FIT technology
The material used to make these kits is 23% lighter, while the textile is 20% stronger than previous Nike products, and includes what is called Nike Dri-FIT technology to eliminate humidity and keep the player dryand fresh.
The most important seams of the shirt and shorts have T shaped reinforcements. The seams are also connected on the inside by asmooth finish that improves overall comfort and performance. To improve thermal regulation, a series of tiny holes made by laser helps to ventilate the body from the armpits down to the waist, ensuring that the player’s body isadequately aired at all times.
The players will complement their outer kits with Nike Pro Combat underwear, which provides further comfort and protection against injuries. Fans and players alike can also enjoy Nike’s Barcelona Sportswear collection of other products, all of which are inspired by the traditions of the club.

FCB

Piqué as excited as in 2009

05/22/2012 14:15
The centre back is fully motivated and looking forward to another Copa del Rey Final against Athletic Bilbao
He describes Guardiola’s departure as ‘traumatic’, becauseof everything the outgoing manager has taught him

2012-05-22_ENTRENO_53.v1337689481.JPG

Gerard Piqué. PHOTO: MIGUEL RUIZ-FCB.
Happy with new kit
Gerard Piqué was speaking to the media just after the new kit for the 2012/12 was revealed. Asked about the new uniform, hesaid “I have tried it on and I like it. It’s modern, different and very nicely designedâ€.
Gerard Piqué is about to feature in his third Copa del Rey Final , and reckons he is looking forward to it as much he was in 2008/09. “I am just as excited as I was when I had just arrived back here. The cup final is always a huge motivator. There are things that make it a bit more special, but just because it’s a final we give it special treatment … It’s a great day of football both for thefans and the playersâ€.
Bielsa and Llorente
Asked about the 2009 final in Mestalla, Piqué expects “a similar match. With Bielsa , Athletic Club like to push forward and it’ll be avery intense game. I don’t see a favourite, it’s 50-50. They’ll have a lot to say and we’ll have to fight very hard to winâ€. His own job is likely to be that of markingLlorente, on which he commented that “we have to make sure that the second touch is always ours, because he’ll certainly be fighting to get it. Wehave to be careful with set piecesand watch out for Susaeta and Muniain coming down the wings,and stop them from shootingâ€.
Piqué also spoke about the comments by the President of theCommunity of Madrid, Esperanza Aguirre , who is in favour of the game being suspended if the fans jeer the Spanish national anthem. “The fans will act with respect, they have the right to express themselves†he said. “Thecountry has more important problems to worry about than things like thisâ€.
A fine season
Whatever happens at the Calderón, the Catalan feels that “we have had a very good season, we’ve won three titles, although we were missing luck at key moments … On a personal level, I’d give myself lower marks than for other seasons. But there’s still Friday to fight for andafter that there’s the European Championship. In football you can only look ahead … I have found it hard to get into the team due to a number of factorsâ€.
Many have commented that relations have soured between Piqué and Pep Guardiola , but theplayer himself shuns such suggestions. “His departure is traumatic for me. I feel a much better player thanks to him and the whole team has learned a lot.He’ll leav a void, but we’ll carry on with Tito and we’ll do well. That’s football, eras come to an endâ€.

FCB,

Jordi Clos

David Villa to miss UEFA's EURO 2012

www.fcbarcelona.cat 05/22/2012 20:38

The striker communicated his decision to the Spanish Football Federation and FC Barcelona that he will not be able to participate in the 2012 EURO championship

FCB_-_FC_VIKTORIA_PLZEN_9_.v1337715626.jpg

David Villa. PHOTO ARXIU FCB.

David Villa has been ruled out of the Spain’s national team for the upcoming 2012 EURO Championship. Spain manager Vicente del Bosque will make his 23-man squad public on Sunday, May 27. Villa communicated his decision to the Spanish Football Federation and FC Barcelona this Tuesday.

After not showing sufficient progress in his recovery in the last few training sessions, David Villa told Del Bosque that despite wanting to be part of Spain’s team in Poland and Ukraine, that he is not in optimal physical condition to play in a competition like the EURO.

It’s worth nothing that Villa fractured his left tibia on December 15th in the Club World Cup semi-finals against Al Sadd. Doctors Cugat and Pruna performed corrective surgery on the player soon there after.

FCB

Abidal: “Thank you from the bottom of my heartâ€

WWW.FCBARCELONA.CAT 05/22/2012 23:30

After his recent release from hospital, Eric Abidal took the timeto say thanks via his official Facebook page to all the messages of support he has received

2012-02-03_FIRMA_ABIDAL_48.v1328277251.JPG

Abidal / FOTO: ARXIU FCB

Éric Abida l is at home recoveringfrom his liver transplant of 10th April after he was discharged from hospital on Monday and he used his official Facebook page to thank everyone for all the messages of support that both heand his cousin received whilst he was hospitalised. Abidal has special words of thanks for “all the staff at the Hospital Clinic†as well as the fellow patients he metwhile he was in hospital, who he told: “I wish all of you and your families the courage you needâ€.

Thanks to the Club, media and family

The French defender also showedhis gratitude for the support he received from the Club – from President Sandro Rosell to all of his teammates, the coaching staff, administrative personnel and doctors, as well as thanking the media for their: “understanding and discretionâ€, which had been very important for him.

Finally, Abidal made special mention of his wife: “who has been by my side every hour and every dayâ€, as well as his family and his in-laws, before explaining that: “now is the time to rest and get my strength backâ€and that “I will continue to keep in touch with you all and let you know mynewsâ€.

FCB

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back