Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Wazzup with FC BARCELONA?!! (News)

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
FUTSAL

Barça Alusport celebrates what could be the penultimate title of the season

WWW.FCBARCELONA.CAT 05/23/2012 08:58

One of Barça Alusport's secrets is community. The quality was on display as the team celebrated their Cup title

2012-05-22_CENA_CELEBRACION_FCB_ALUSPORT_COPA_DEL_REY_2012_011.v1337767433.jpg
2012-05-22_CENA_CELEBRACION_FCB_ALUSPORT_COPA_DEL_REY_2012_015.v1337767591.jpg

Celebrating the Copa del Rey title / PHOTO: ÀLEX CAPARRÓS-FCB

Barça Alusport celebrated their latest title conquest on Tuesday evening. FCB claimed the King’s Cup in Antequera on Tuesday, May 15. The Azulgranas decisivelybeat ElPozo Murcia, favourites going into the tournament, by 6-3 .

Excellent atmosphere

The venue for the celebration was a restaurant in the new commercial district os Las Arenas.The ‘Happy Rock’ restaurant hosted the players and their partners, technical staff, team staff, directors and members of the Athletic Commission for a pleasant and enjoyable evening.

Moreover, the director responsible for the team, Javier Bordas , minutes before dinner got underway, awarded the four players that won the European Championship in Croatia for Spain a tribute from the Club.

FCB

FC Barcelona win second consecutive Fair Play Award

www.fcbarcelona.cat 05/23/2012 09:30

Josep Guardiola players, along with Málaga, have been recognised for their exemplary conduct in La Liga (both teams only accrued 91 points)

This is the second consecutive year that the Catalans have been given the award, and the fourth since the Spanish Football Federation instituted the award in 1998

2012-04-10_BARCELONA-GETAFE_37.v1334092463.JPG

FC Barcelona win second consecutive Fair Play Award / PHOTO: ARXIU FCB

The Fair Play Award , a distinctionthat the Spanish Football Federation bestows on the cleanest Primera División club in La Liga, has been awarded to FC Barcelona . This year, however, Guardiola’s men share the recognition with Málaga . The Federation evaluates La Liga teams on a point system: three points for a direct red card, two points for two yellow cards and one point for a yellow card - Competition Committee bans alsofactor into the Federation’s pointsystem. Both the clubs, FCB and Málaga, finished the season with 91 points.

The team with the most awards

This is Barça’s second consecutiveseason winning the Fair Play Award. The first time the Catalanswon the award after the 2005/06 season, and since then they won it three more times ( 2008/09, 2010/11 and 2011/12 ). With four total Fair Play awards, FC Barcelona are the team that havebeen recognized the most by the Spanish Football Federation sincethe award was instituted in 1998.

FCB

BARÇA B

Guadalajara – Barça B: Expectations met ahead of Guadalajara clash

05/23/2012 09:48

Barça B and Guadalajara will faceeach other on week 40 of the Liga Adelante with the assurance that both teams have already secured a spot in the division next season

Eusebio Sacristán has named 17 players to the team. Martí Riverola will not play due to suspension

2011-10-16_FCB_B_-_CD_GUADALAJARA_007.v1337709209.jpg

At the Miniestadi Guadalajara won by 1-2 / PHOTO: ARXIU FCB

The Barça B players will play their second-to-last away match with the satisfaction of knowing that they’ve met expectations this season. Despite losing their last two matches, Valladolid (1-2) and Numancia (3-0), the team led by Eusebio Sacristán come into the final stretch of the season in 10th place, with a 10-point advantage the team they’ll face this Wednesday, Guadalajara . The Manchego team also breathe a bit easier after they mathematically sealed their spot in Segunda División last week.

17 available players

For the match, Eusebio will only be able to call upon 17 players, given that Bartra , Montoya , Dos Santos and Tello are with the firstteam and Martí Riverola cannot play due to suspension. Furthermore, Duelofeu is working with the U19 Spanish national team and Oier wasn’t called up to the team. The two keepers that travelled with BarçaB are Masip and Miño .

Eusebio: “we need to have the ballâ€

Eusebio will try to avoid a repeat of the bad first half in Soria. “We fell into the trap. It gets very complicated when we play our opponent’s game,†said the manager before tonight’s match. “Our plan is to finish our good season on a high note,†he added.

Irregular home record

The trip to the Pedro Escartín is, in theory, one of the easiest away matches of the season. Guadalajara are the fourth worst team at home in the division in terms of points won, they are also the team that have lost the most games at home along with Nàstic. At the Miniestadi, however, Barça B lost to Guadalajara by 1-2 thanks to a last-minute goal from Javi Soria .

FCB,

Roger Bogunyà

MACBA, 24 hours in Barça colours

www.fcbarcelona.cat 05/23/2012 10:50

The façade of the Museu d’Art Contemporani de Barcelona was lit up with the Barça colours all day Tuesday to celebrate the presentation of the team’s new kit for 2012/13

MACBA_ilumin.v1337771960.jpg

The MACBA in blaugrana.

Barça’s new kit strikes a fresh and eye-catching note and it waspresented in the best possible venue – the MACBA , an international reference point for design and modernity. To mark the presentation, the façade of the Museum was lit up with the Barça colours all day on Tuesday to show off to the whole city the brand new kit for next season.

At noon, President Sandro Rosell led a party of dignitaries from the Club and Nike, as they unveiled the new kit at the MACBA which remained lit up by the Barça colours until midnight.

FCB

The FCBotiga Mobile Bus, unveiled at the Ciutat Esportiva

WWW.FCBARCELONA.CAT 05/23/2012 10:58

The bus, which will accompany the first team when Barça play away from the Camp Nou, is the Club's new mobile store for official Barça products

2012-05-23_AUTOBUS_FCBOTIGA_029.v1337783293.jpg

The FCBotiga Mobile Bus at the Ciutat Esportiva / PHOTO: ÀLEX CAPARRÓS - FCB

The FCBotiga Mobile Bus , which will accompany the team on away matches, will be the place for fans to purchase official FC Barcelona products. Unveiled thisWednesday at the Ciutat Esportiva , the FCBotiga Mobile Bus is a new concept that will accompanythe the first team next season when Barça play away from how.The FCBotiga Mobile Bus, however, won’t wait until the 2012/13 season to swing into action, it’s scheduled to swing into action this summer as well. The FCBotiga Mobile Bus will make its first official appearance at the Barça Fan Zone in Madrid for the Copa del Rey Final . The vehicle is equipped and adapted to sell all the products and services offered at ‘brick and mortar’ FCBotigas (official kits, licensed products and kit personalising services).

Route through Catalonia

Throughout the summer, FCBotiga Mobile Bus will make its way to different cities in Catalonia, accompany supporters clubs functions and participate inmajor holidays. The Bus will also venture outside of Catalonia to accommodate fans that do not have official Barça products readily at their disposal.

The FCBotiga Mobile Bus is the latest addition to the Club’s official store line. So far, the Club have 16 stores throughout the geographic area where Barça’s official products enjoy high demand.

FCB

Zubizarreta: "We’re really excited about the Cup"

www.fcbarcelona.cat 05/23/2012 11:00

2012-05-22_ENTREVISTA_ANDONI_ZUBIZARRETA_009.v1337763957.jpg

Barça’s Director of Football has complete confidence in the style of football developed under Pep Guardiola and insists that it will be maintained in the future, starting with this Friday’s Cup Final

He’s looking forward to the match against Athletic Club and believes that the policy of developing home-grown talent is“a marvellous legacy left by Pepâ€

Abidal and Guardiola

Abidal is progressing and is back home. Is everything going well?

"First of all we have to express our thanks for the great respect shown towards him. I think we have all felt the respect and affection of the fans. He’s progressing at the correct rate. The next step is a medical check-up. It’s a slow and complicated process but the objective is for him to manage to live a normal life and to be able to start running. What we’re concerned about is that he’s OKâ€.

What message has the Club passed on to him?

"That we’re there for whatever he needs. There’s neither hurry nor need for anything. He knows we’re behind him and that we’ll take it one step at a time. It’s about the recovery of Abidal the person before the footballerâ€.

Let’s talk about Friday as it’s Pep’sfarewell match. How does he seem to you these days? Excited, nostalgic...?

"Intense. In Monday’s training session, he was at maximum intensity knowing the challenge he has ahead of him. And focussed, highly focussed, and enjoying footballâ€.

The fact that the players say that they want to send him off with a trophy is a motivation or pressure?

"I believe it’s a motivation. This team is built on emotion and I believe that’s a good thing as football shouldn’t always be cold.It can be experienced in the mostemotional mannerâ€.

Director of Football Andoni Zubizarreta spoke to Barça TV about the upcoming clash with Athletic Club . In an interview with Sandra Sarmiento , the Basque Country born former goalkeeper spoke about the last Cup Final between the two clubs, Athletic Club manager Bielsa , the relations between the two clubs, Abidal’s progress and Guardiola’s farewell.

He won three Spanish Cup Finals as a player, two with Barça and one with Athletic Club. In his role as Director of Football he has already won six trophies but he has yet to win a Spanish Cup.

Andoni Zubizarreta, were you at the Mestalla stadium in 2009?

"Yes, I was. I went with my children and I got the tickets from a certain Mr Guardiola, the manager of FC Barcelona."

What do you remember about it?

"I remember that when Toquero scored, my daughter and I jumped up to celebrate and when Touré Yaya scored it was me and my son. In the break, which came just three minutes after the equaliser, I felt as if my brain had split into two. On the one hand I felt the joy of celebrating a goal but I also felt I was celebrating a goal being scored against my team! It was a big contradiction. The second half sorted things out and the score was more obvious and from that point on we just enjoyed the footballâ€.

The 2009 final was the beginningof the Guardiola era and on Friday it will end. Do you feel thatit was the beginning of a marvellous story?

"Yes. I remember the chant of ‘Cup, League and Champions League', which was the 'leitmotiv' of the final. I remember the fantastic atmosphere: excitement, emotion...the fans really identified with the team and hadthe feeling that something fantastic could happen. Everything that happened after that is down to Pep and all the playersâ€.

I remember Pep in the tie againstChelsea a few weeks ago. He spoke about that beginning of 2009 as a Barça love affair. Do you have the feeling that this love affair is still alive?

"Yes. I think that there’s a belief in the idea, in the way of playing,in the way we go into matches, in the idea that ‘if we’re not sure then we attack’, in wanting to dominate games...and also the fact that our fans are convinced this is the way to play. The response of the fans when we played Chelsea and Real Madrid shows us that they are happy with what the team is doing. Obviously we want the team to win and we want to collect the Cup this Friday in the Calderon.

I don’t know whether the 2009 Athletic Club and the team today have much in common or not. There were players who watchedthe match from the stands and on Friday might be in the startingline-up. But the big change is Bielsa. Bielsa has transformed this team.

"Because of its philosophy, Athletic Club usually has a very stable squad. It’s true that a generation of interesting young players has come through, plus a few signings this season such as Ander Herrera. But it’s also true that the manager has given thema new profile, a way of playing, apersonality that is very well adapted to the philosophy of the club. A team that attacks, that wants to be in charge in every game it plays and that fits in really well with the fans and the club. Also, he’s given the players a plan, a style of play that they feel comfortable withâ€.

Would Bielsa be a manager that could adapt to Barça?

"He’s a man with a big personality and in that sense he would adapt well to our Club. Butthen the way he sees the game – the individual making the team effort greater – I don’t know if it would fit in exactly in a Club like Barça. I have the feeling that Bielsa is in exactly the right Club for what he asks from a teamâ€.

Athletic Club last won a trophy 28years ago with Zubizarreta in goal. How do you remember that day?

"It was a final against Barça and we won 1-0. It was a really tense match but it was such a joy to win the League and Cup, as doing the double was a fantastic achievement. I remember the passion of our fans because it was a really dark time in the Basque Country. Winning the titlewas a ray of light in a very dark spaceâ€.

You say that you wish the final minutes of that match had never existed. Now, however, the relations between the two clubs are fantastic. In 2009, for example, the fans got on really well. What’s changed?’

"They were tricky times for us then. We had just come from Shuster’s injury in San Mamés and then, the following year, Maradona, and all that ended up poisoning relations. As a team, we were competing with the top clubs and we were direct rivals, which generates even more tension. I remember that they insisted we came to the tribute match for Artola and Olmo, and that helped to bring the situationback to normalâ€.

And also that Julio Salinas and Zubizarreta signed for Barça. Perhaps that made the link a bit closer.

"Yes, to the famous Dream Team which I called Eusko Barça. We had a lot of people like Valverde, Julio, Bakero... From that point ofview people like having players they can identify with directly. That helps to bring people together. But I’ve always thoughtthat the relations between the two teams, except at that particular time that we mentioned earlier, have been good though demandingâ€.

What does it feel like, from the inside, the fact that it seems like the season has finished but in fact there’s still a title at stake?

"It’s not simple. It’s caused us a deflated feeling that, sometimes, you don’t know how to manage, how to maintain the impetus. You cope by concentrating on training and knowing how to focus when it’s time for the important stuffâ€.

Does this Cup motivate?

"We’re really motivated. And the Barça fans too, despite the fact that many things have happened since the last league match. But in the end we’re all united by football. And we all want to experience the atmosphere of the finalâ€.

Here you get the feeling that people aren’t talking about the Cup Final much. In contrast, there’s a great atmosphere surrounding it in the Basque Country.

"The passion of the Athletic Club fans is extraordinary because theteam doesn’t get to finals very often and the fans really get excited when they do. But I’m sure our fans are just as excited. If anybody thinks Athletic will be less motivated, they’re wrong. That isn’t in their character because they treat every match as unique. We have to be aware that it will be a special moment and we’ll experience it that wayâ€.

Given that there are so many defenders missing will the priority be to maintain possession so as to not suffer?

"Yes it’s true that we have playersmissing but that’s football. We have a competitive team and we’ll set out our stall and plan the match in a way that we think we can attack and hurt Athletic. We’ll take them on and try and win; that’s our ideaâ€.

One of the benefits of bringing through players from the academy is that everyone has faith in the youngsters that have to replace the missing players and people feel confident.

"That’s one of Pep€™s big pluses. Guardiola gives us the tranquillityof knowing that he has faith in them and that if he picks them toplay it’s because he believes that’s the solution. That’s something the players notice andtake on board as equal members of the group. It’s a wonderful legacy that Pep is leaving behindâ€.

FCB

The Barça Toons make their way to Madrid

www.fcbarcelona.cat 05/23/2012 16:25

The Barça Toons, who have already started their journey to Madrid, don't want to miss the Copa del Rey Final this Friday against Athletic Club

VIDEO
Els Toons, a punt per a la final de la Copa del Rei

FCB

Last session at the Ciutat Esportiva ahead of Cup Final

WWW.FCBARCELONA.CAT 05/23/2012 16:25

2012-05-23_ENTRENO_17.v1337774745.JPG

The first team squad had their penultimate training session ahead of Friday’s Cup Final this morning and two Youth A players, Sergio Ayala and Brian Olivan also joined in

This was the last session at the Ciutat Esportiva Joan Gamper before the squad goes to Madrid for the Final, with Thursday afternoon’s training to be held atthe Camp Nou

Josep Guardiola put the squad through their paces as they continue preparations for Friday’s Cup Final against Athletic Bilbao at the Vicente Calderon . With Thursday afternoon’s session scheduled for the Camp Nou, this was the squad’s last training at the Ciutat Esportiva before the final.

Guardiola again used the four B team players - Montoya, Bartra, Dos Santos and Tello – as he has done all week , but also brought in two Youth A players, defenders Sergio Ayala and Brian Olivan to augment his available first team squad.

Last training set for Thursday at the Camp Nou

The players will have their last training session ahead of the Final on Thursday at 19.00, behind closed doors at the Camp Nou , before travelling to Madrid on Friday morning. Pep Guardiola will hold a press conference at the end of the training session.

FCB

Roger Grimau, a Culé in Bilbao

www.fcbarcelona.cat 05/23/2012 16:52

The former captain of Barça Regal, who now plays for Bizkaia Bilbao Basket, talks with Barça TVabout the upcoming Cup Final between Guardiola's men and Athletic Club

VIDEO
Roger Grimau, un culé en Bilbao

How does a Barça fan who lives in Bilbao experience the Copa delRey Final? Roger Grimau gives us the answer. The ex-Barça Regal captain currently lives in the Basque city, where he applies his trade with Bizkaia Bilbao Basket ,and he recently talked to Barça TV to give his impressions on Friday’s match.

FCB

Iniesta: “Athletic Club will push us hardâ€

05/23/2012 16:53
Barça’s Spanish international midfielder has no doubt that this Friday’s Cup Final will be “ very close†and that Barça will need to“have their wits about us†to beat a “very insistent†Bilbao

2012-05-23_ENTRENO_48.v1337783716.JPG

Andrés Iniesta, en roda de premsa / FOTO: MIGUEL RUIZ -FCB
“The most important thing is thatVilla is 100%â€
Following David Villa’s announcement that he will not be fit for the European Championships
with Spain this summer and his teammate Andres Iniesta was disappointed that he’d not
recovered from the broken leg he suffered last December in timeto join the national
squad: “he’s put in a lot of work to get fit again, but the most important thing is that he gets back to 100% fitness and starts getting goals again, because he’sstill got a lot to giveâ€.
"We'll have to be on guard and capable of making fast decisions against Athletic"
Andrés Iniesta made it clear that the squad is determined to “make one final effort†in this Friday’s Cup Final in order to finish the season and “round it off with a smileâ€. Iniesta warned though, that Athletic Club are a quality team all over the pitch.
After stressing “the intensity withwhich Bilbao play and the moves their coach has given themâ€, Iniesta reminded reporters of thegames the two had played so far this season, claiming: “they were very intense†and insisted that Friday’s final will be “very close – Athletic Club will push us hard and we will have to be sharp andhave our wits about us and be capable of making quick decisions on the pitchâ€.
Missing teammates
Iniesta is resigned to Barça playing the final without a number of important players, butinsisted: “that’s the way it is – we’ll play with the players we have and try and make sure we don’t miss the players who are outâ€. Iniesta was also asked who he would dedicate the Cup to, if the team end up winning it and he was quick to reply: “to all of us who haven’t been able to share in what is a special dayâ€. The midfielder also reminded themedia that winning was
especially important to him, as hemissed the 2009 Final with an injury: “ that motivates me more and makes it especially excitingâ€.
There has been considerable controversy surrounding the game already, with the Presidentof the Autonomous Community ofMadrid claiming the game shouldbe played behind closed doors if the two sets of fans fail to respectthe Spanish national anthem at the start of the game, but Iniesta insisted: “that’s nothing to do with football. Respect is the most important thing – the fans are free to behave in the way they see best, but nobody should forget that
we are going to play a game of football. There are many things we could all do differently and better, but I don’t think talking about this a day or two ahead of the game will resolve anything. We just want to see a great and entertaining game of footballâ€.
“We want this titleâ€
Josep Guardiola will be in charge for his last game on Friday - a CupFinal against Bilbao and a repeat of the 2009 final, though Iniesta reckons: “they are two completely opposite situations – that was our first title under him and this is his last game. We really want to win this title in a season when we have just missedout on the league and in Europe, but to do that, we’ll have to play a great gameâ€.
Looking to the future, Iniesta gave the appointment of Tito Villanova the thumbs up: “it’s important that the players are more convinced than ever that we can go on winning things in the same way we have been. TitoVilanova knows verywell how things are here and we will continue in the same direction, convinced that it will all work outwell. We’ll just have to see how itall turns outâ€.

FCB,

VANESSA FORNS

BARÇA B

Guadalajara - Barça B: History repeats itself (2-0)

05/23/2012 21:48

Iván Moreno and Jonan quickly scored to give the home team a 2-0 advantage

With 2-0 on the scoreboard, SergiRoberto had two of the best chances of the match to pull one back

Rubén Miño, who stated against Guadalajara, was back on the pitch for the first time in 227 days

2011-10-16_FCB_B_-_CD_GUADALAJARA_014.v1337800706.jpg

PHOTO: ARXIU FCB

MATCH STATS

Guadalajara, 2

Barça B, 0

Guadalajara: Saizar, Moreno, Barral, Gaffoor, Rodri, Javi Soria, Jony, Víctor (Gerard, min 51), Jonan, Iván Moreno (Cristian, min62) and Aníbal

Barça B: Miño, Kiko, Balliu, Sergi Gómez, Muniesa, Gustavo Ledes (Rosell, min 71), Lobato, Sergi Roberto, Rafinha, Carmona (Planas, min 83) and Rodri (Espinosa, min 58)

Goals: 1-0, Iván Moreno (min 9); 2-0, Jonan (min 15)

Referee: Piñeiro Crespo

Barça B were once again made topay for their slow start. Just like on Sunday away to Numancia , the team led by Eusebio Sacristán quickly trailed by 2-0 to Guadalajara . The early goals from Iván Moreno and Jonan condemned Barça B who, despitedominating from the 20th minute onward, never gave the sensation of being able to overturn the adverse result. However, there was some good news: Rubén Miño was back in goal after 227 days of not playing (his last match was on October 8th 2011 against Alcorcón).

With today’s defeat, Barça B havenow lost three consecutive matches. The team, in the 11th position of the table, have mathematically secured their spot in the Liga Adelante with 53 points, however.

The worst start possible

The start of the match could not have started off worse for Barça B’s interests. The home team scored, through Iván Moreno , in their first play close to Barça B’s goal. The Guadalajara player took advantage of a lose ball near the Barça defence and unleashed a powerful shot that was simply unstoppable for Miño.Guadalajara went on to score five minutes later. Moreno, once again, was the man that orchestrated the play that led to the home team’s goal as he fed the ball into Barça B’s area from the right wing for Víctor, who beat Miño on the far post.

The home side had two more good chances to score before the20th minute. However, from that point on Barça B started to take control of the match. The best chance for the Azulgranas before the half was from a free kick taken by Sergi Roberto that went just wide of Guadalajara’s goal.

Not on target

At the start of the second half Barça B continued to control the match. However, with ball possession securely in Barça’s favour, the Catalans were struggling to create goal-scoring chances. The best chance was, once again, Sergi Roberto’s. The player took a free kick inside the Guadalajara area due to a deliberate pass back to the keeper who picked the ball up. Saizar later did well to deny Rosell ’s header, and, in the last minute of the game, the referee called back a Barça B goal. The ball simply didn’t want to go in.

FCB,

Roger Bogunyà

BARÇA TV

Barça TV to offer special coverage for the Copa del Rey Final

WWW.FCBARCELONA.CAT 05/24/2012 11:25

Barça TV will follow the Copa del Rey Final in detail on Friday with special broadcasts of the ‘Barça Notícies Migdia’, ‘ADN Seccions’ and ‘El Marcador’ programmes

_M3_9163.v1328740058.JPG

The Copa del Rey Final in 2009

Barça TV will air a special broadcast on May 25th on the Copa del Rey Final between FC Barcelona and Athletic Club Bilbao . The programme ‘Barça Notícies Migdia’ will run an additional 15 minutes, ‘ADN Seccions’ will air 30 minutes ahead of its usual schedule and ‘El Marcador’ will broadcast from the Vicente Calderón . There will be a two hour post-match broadcast after the game.

• ‘Barça Notícies Migdia’

At 14:00, a special 45 minute segment of ‘Barça Notícies Migdia’ will air will all the information on the match in the hours leading up to kickoff. There will be a simulcast with thestadium and the Barça Fan Zone.

• Story updates

Last-minute updates from Guardiola’s team and the Azulgrana expedition to Madrid will be broadcast at 17:00, 18:00 and 19:00.

• ‘ADN seccions’

Barça TV will also focus on Barça’s other professional teams, especially the roller hockey team’s progress in the Last Eight of the European League which will be played in Lodi (Italy). The ‘ADN seccions’ programme will air 30 minutes ahead of its normal schedule, starting at 19:00. The programme will also air Josep Guardiola and Marcelo Bielsa ’s press conferences live.

• ‘El Marcador’ Copa del Rey special broadcast (from 20:00 to 22:00 and 00:00 to 02:00)

Two hours before the Copa del Rey kickoff, from the Vicente Calderón, the programme ‘El Marcador’ will offer up all the information on the Cup in the hours leading up to the match between Barça and Athletic Club. There will also be special reports on Guardiola’s last match on the Barça bench. After the Final, there will be a two-hour post match segment with the best images from the game and interviews with the players.

FCB

SUPPORTERS CLUBS

Registrations for campus open

www.fcbarcelona.cat 05/24/2012 11:48

Seven campuses are to be held throughout Spanish territory

DSC_1524.v1337853395.JPG

FCBCampus Penyes

Registrations for Campus Penyes are open for this summer. A total of seven venues will hold this type of sports events to foster thevalues of FC Barcelona as well as get the youngsters closer to the penyes movement.

Focused on boys and girls aged between 7 and 15 , Campus Penyes offer three kinds of modalities: internal, external or training only. During their stay, coaches of the FCBEscola will help to improve the players’ technique, as well as learn a way of understanding football that rose admiration worldwide.

Click HERE to access all information regarding campus aswell as registrations. With these campuses, boys and girls will alsolearn values that set the trend .

The campuses

We hereby remind the venues of the Campus Penyes:

Ontinyent (Valencia), from June 24 to 30

San Pedro de Alcántara (Málaga), from July 1 to 7

Almendralejo (Badajoz), from July8 to 14

Garachico (Tenerife), from July 1 to 7 and from 8 to 14

Monforte de Lemos (Lugo), from July 15 to 21

Mieres del Camino (Asturias), fromJuly 15 to 21

La Nucía (Alicante), from July 22 to 28

FCB

CLUB

MACBA, 24 hours in Barça colours

www.fcbarcelona.cat 05/24/2012 12:00

The façade of the Museu d’Art Contemporani de Barcelona was lit up with the Barça colours all day Tuesday to celebrate the presentation of the team’s new kit for 2012/13

VIDEO

FC Barcelona - Presentació col·lecció FCB 2012-13 al MACBA

Barça’s new kit strikes a fresh and eye-catching note and it waspresented in the best possible venue – the MACBA , an international reference point for design and modernity. To mark the presentation, the façade of the Museum was lit up with the Barça colours all day on Tuesday to show off to the whole city the brand new kit for next season.

At noon, President Sandro Rosell led a party of dignitaries from the Club and Nike, as they unveiled the new kit at the MACBA which remained lit up by the Barça colours until midnight.

FCB

FOOTBALL

FC Barcelona - Athletic Club: 48 cups at the Vicente Calderón

www.fcbarcelona.cat 05/24/2012 12:09

_M3_9580.v1337858195.JPG

FC Barcelona, with 25, and Athletic Bilbao, with 23, have dominated the national knockout competition. Barça have won four of the six finals played against the Basque outfit

Before this Friday’s cup final at 22.00 at the Vicente Calderón, welook back at some historical triviaregarding the competition:

- Barça, with 25 titles , have won the Copa del Rey more than any other club. They last won it in 2009, beating Athletic Club in the final (4-1).

- Athletic Bilbao, with 23 titles , is the other club that has dominated the competition, but they haven’t won the title since 1984, when they beat Barça in the final (1-0).

- The Catalans and Basques have met in the final six times (1920, 1932, 1942, 1953, 1984 and 2009). Barça have the better record in these games, with four wins, while Athletic have only beaten FCB in the final twice (1932 and 1984).

- Alcántara, Samitier and Segarra , with five each, are the FC Barcelona players with the most Copa del Rey wins to date, followed on four by Kubala, Piera, Ramallets, Sagi, Sancho and Torralba.

- Guardiola ’s side have got this far by beating L’Hospitalet, Osasuna, Real Madrid and Valencia, winning six games and drawing two.

- Bielsa ’s side is coming to Madrid after winning seven games and drawing just one. They have eliminated Oviedo, Albacete, Mallorca and Mirandés.

FCB

Martínez: "It’s a beautiful opportunity to play against the best team in the world"

www.fcbarcelona.cat 05/24/2012 12:10

Javi Martínez and Fernando Llorente, two key players for Athletic Club, talk about the Cup Final. "We'll have to play at 120%," says the striker

VIDEO

Martínez and Llorente

Llorente and Martínez are eager and excited to play in the Cup Final. Llorente doesn’t hold back when he’s asked about Messi : “he’s the best player in the worldand in the history of the sport.†Martinez talked about his manager: “ Bielsa is a person worth knowing.â

FCB

Barça-Athletic Club, history that spans more than 100 years

05/24/2012 15:45
Athletic Club and Barça are classicand legendary teams in Spanish football. Both the sides are strongly represent the athletic traditions in both Euskadi and Catalonia. Athletic and Barça have always been in Primera División since the Liga was established in 1929

BAR_A-ATHLETIC_CLUB_1951_.v1337870328.jpg
UN_PARTIT_DE_L_ANY_1958.v1337870749.jpg

Gonzalvo III and Panizo greet each other before a match/ PHOTO: ARXIU FCB
1 / 2
RAFAEL MORENO ARANZADI, ‘PICHICHI’ (1892-1922)
The Pichichi award was established in the 1952/53 season in memory of Athletic Club’s Rafael Moreno ‘Pichichi’, who was one of the best goal scorers in the history of Spanish football - the other big goal scorer was Barça’s Paulino Alcántara. Moreno donned the Athletic Bilbao strip between 1911 and 1921. He was born in Bilbao on August 8, 1892. Morenowas given the nickname ‘Pichichi’ in Athletic’s youth system for being the smallest player on the team. The Basque fans saw him a living symbol of Athletic, unmistakable with his handkerchief tied in to four knots which he wore on his head. With the Leones he won four Spanish Championships (1914, 1915, 1916 and 1921).
He hung up his boots in 1921, he passed away months later on March 1st, 1922 when he succumbed to typhus. He was only 29 years old. He will always be remembered thanks to the painting ‘Idilio en los campos de sport' painted by famous Basque artist Aurelio Arteta . There’s also a bust of the player, made by Quintín de la Torre , which was installed in San Mamés in 1926. The player is also the protagonistof the novel written by Juan Antonio de Zunzunegui Chiripi (1931), which contrasts the Moreno’s footballing feats with social issues of that era.
In 1898 a group of young Basques opened up the Zamacois Athletic Club gym and a year later a group of young foreigners led by Joan Gamper started Solé gym,where FC Barcelona started. Here are a series of curious anecdotes from two of the oldest clubs in Spanish football:
- The first time fans from both teams met was on May 15th in 1902. Both teams were participating in a tournament in Madrid in honor of the coronation of Alfonso XIII . The show match was between Barça and Vizcaya , a team made up of both Athletic Club and Bilbao FC players. The Basques won by 2 to 1 and the behavior of both sets of fans was commendable. When the team returned to the Basque Country, Bilbao asked the fans to greet the players that “beat the best team in the world, Football Club Barcelona.†A Catalan, who wasn’t really a fan of football, living in Bilbao added a negative tone to the celebrations when hesaid: “I don’t understand how thepeople of Catalonia and the Basque Country, who are very serious and have a good work ethic, can dispute anything by kicking each other.â€
- The first “ticket scalping†event between the two sides was at thefield on Industria avenue during a friendly match between Barça and Athletic Club (January 2, 1916). Two thousand people were unable to watch the match at the stadium and scalpers opened up booths around the stadium in the hopes of offloading their tickets that cost them six reales for the astronomical price of five pesetas(4 US cents). The Barcelona publicwas taken with the prospect of watching the legendary Basque striker Rafael Moreno ‘Pichichi’ (Yes, this is where the award getsits name), who curiously didn’t score. Barça’s prolific goal man, Paulino Alcántara , also didn’t score. Barça, however, did win the match by 1-0 thanks to a goalfrom Alfred Massana .
- On May 7th of the same year, Athletic defeated Real Madrid by 4-0 at Espanyol’s grounds (on Muntaner ST) in the final of the Spanish Championship. In the stands thousands of Barça supporters cheered on the Basque side and subsequently celebrated Athletic’s title in the streets of Barcelona.
- 1928, February 21st. Athletic and Barça played a Champions Tournament match in the 1927/28 season. Up until that point, the Azulgranas has never won at La Catedral , but the hex was broken thanks to a solitary goal from the striker Josep Sastre (0-1). The Basque fans couldn’t believe that their team had lost at home to the Catalans, but a Bilbao daily forgave Athletic for the defeat because the Barça goal was, in fact, Basque in nature: “the way they played football, their factions and their magnitude [was Basque].â€
- On February 8th in 1931 Barça suffered the biggest thrashing in the history of the Liga. On that day Athletic Club beat the Catalans by 12-1 at the San Mamés. Barça did not have a bad team, in fact the attacking line was made up by Piera , Sastre , Goiburu , Arnau and Parera . Furthermore, Barça finished runner up that season, only one point adrift of Athletic, who finished first. On that day, the players who were at odds with the Club’s board of directors, went on the famous “fallen legs†strike . In other words, they lost to prove a point.
- In the 1941/42 season Barça a terrible La Liga campaign, however the team enjoyed a good end of the season. On July 21st, 1942, the team won the Spanish Cup in the final, celebrated in Madrid, against Athletic Club. The Catalans won the game by 4-3. Days later, on July 28th, Barça fought off relegation in the playoffs against Real Murcia by 5-1. A Basque journalist wrote that the streets of Bilbao were in anguish over Barça relegation game and that after the match there was a collective sigh of relief when the Catalans maintained their spot in Primera.
- During the 50s the Slovakian manager Fernando Daucik led both Barça and Athletic to success. From 1950 to 1954 he was the boss of the legendary Barça team now known as the Barça of the Five Cups . The team featured a young Ladislao Kubala . During that glorious era, Barça won two Ligas (51/52 and 52/53),one Copa Latina (1952) and threeSpanish Cups (50/51, 51/52 and 52/53). Barça’s poor 1953/54 season saw the manager take his skills to Athletic, where he led therenovation of legendary attacking set of players like Iriondo , Venancio , Zarra , Panizo and Gainza . Success followed Daucik as well, between 1954 and 1957 he won a Liga title (55/56) and two Cups (54/55 and 55/56) with Athletic Club.
- In 1960 Athletic sold Jesús Garay to Barça. With the money from the sale they were able to add another level on top of San Mamés. The new level was popularly known as the “Tribuna Garay†[Garay’s Stand].
- Barça captain Johan Cruyff worethe Catalan flag as the captain’s armband for the first time on February 1st, 1976. The match was at the Camp Nou against Athletic Club. The country was transitioning to a democratic form of government at the time.

FCB,

Manel Tomàs

#copaFCB: Tell us about your Copa del Rey experience
www.fcbarcelona.cat 05/24/2012 15:46
Members and fans that travel to Madrid for the match at the Vicente Calderón can tell their story by using the hashtag#copaFCB
The best messages, photos and videos from fans and members will be published on FC Barcelona’s website

copafcb.v1337870096.jpg

Copa FCB
FC Barcelona want to enjoy the Copa del Rey Final with all of its fans and supporters. For this reason the Club's social networks and official channels of communication will join up in order to give supporters the opportunity to share their experiences from the match between Barça and Athletic Club.
The best messages, photos and videos of the hours leading up tothe Cup Final against Athletic Clubthat are tagged with the #copaFCB hashtag will be selected and published on FC Barcelona’s website.

FCB

CLUB
The Red Cross set to assist 11 FC Barcelona members in their trip to Madrid
WWW.FCBARCELONA.CAT 05/24/2012 16:34
The trip to Madrid for disabled FC Barcelona members will be done in two ways: by road, in a modified vehicle, and by high-speed train
Since February, in 13 matches, 222 Red Cross volunteers have helped 78 fans at the Camp Nou and they’ve assisted in the transport of 12 fans from their homes to the stadium

CRUZ_ROJA_SALIDA_VALENCIA_03.v1337881615.JPG

PHOTO: ARCHIVO FCB.
The Red Cross will assists 11 FC Barcelona members with reduced mobility in their journeyto Madrid. This endeavor is part of the We’ll accompany you! project which started in February.
The four Red Cross volunteers, who will accompany the FC Barcelona members to the Vicente Calderón, will coordinate two different trips. The first involves a modified vehicle that will depart from Bellver de Cerdanya, and the second will be by high-speed train trip, the trainwill leave from the Sants station in Barcelona.
Once in Madrid, the volunteers will assists and facilitate entry into the stadium for the Barça members and other fans with disabilities that make the trip to the Spanish capital.
One year of experience
This special service, which was online before of the Copa del ReyFinal in Mestalla (Valencia), in April of 2011, saw nine Red Cross volunteers, there was a professional nurse among them, assisted six Barça members in thetrip south to Valencia.
Since February, the project We’ll accompany you! has helped a total of 78 people in 13 different matches (9 in the Liga, 1 in the Cup and 3 in the Champions League) during games at the Camp Nou and the Red Cross has assisted in the transport of 12 fans from their homes to the stadium. This initiative is made possible by the willful participation of 222 Red Cross volunteers.

FCB

Alexis and Pinto are given medical clearance to play ahead of tomorrow's Copa del Rey Final
www.fcbarcelona.cat 05/24/2012 19:50
The striker and the keeper were named to the squad ahead of tomorrow's Cup clash with Athletic
Guardiola will take the whole team to Madrid with the exception of Abidal: 16 first-teamplayers, 4 injured players and 4 Barça B players

2012-05-24_ENTRENO_08.v1337886058.JPG

Pinto. PHOTO: MIGUEL RUIZ-FCB.
The squad
Valdés, Piqué, Cesc, Xavi, Iniesta, Alexis, Messi, Thiago, Pinto, Mascherano, Keita, Busquets, Pedro, Afellay, Adriano, Cuenca, Montoya, Bartra, Dos Santos and Tello.
Alves, Puyol, Villa and Fontàs, all of whom are injured, will also travel with the team to Madrid.
On day before the Copa del Rey Final between Athletic Club and FC Barcelona, the Azulgrana managers unveiled the list of players named to the squad. Just as expected, Alexis Sánchez and José Manuel Pinto , both of whomhave been working with the first team this week, were given medical clearance to play and were named to the team. There are also four Barça B players in the squad: Montoya , Bartra , Dos Santos and Tello . Alves , Puyol , Abidal, Fontàs and Villa will not feature in tomorrow’s match.
Pep Guardiola will take the wholeteam to Madrid, with the exception of Éric Abidal.
Last training session at the Camp Nou
Barça completed their final training session ahead of tomorrow’s Cup Final this Thursday afternoon. The technical staff decided to hold the closed-door session at the Camp Nou instead of at the CiutatEsportiva. Planas and Oriol Rosell ,both Barça B players, trained apart from the group.

FCB

Back