Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

We are NOT in the End Times

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
All denominations have the main stream and the edges.. My f-i-L was 'relaxed' SDA His Mother thought he was going to hell because of it... We are all people with views and headaches..

Back to the subject!;)
Luke 11
[23] He that is not with me is against me: and he that gathereth not with me scattereth.
[24] When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest; and finding none, he saith, I will return unto my house whence I came out.
[25] And when he cometh, he findeth it swept and garnished.
[26] Then goeth he, and taketh to him seven other spirits more wicked than himself; and they enter in, and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first.

Do we see this escalating in the church's? In fact, even here perhaps?? But, lets look further in the WORD of GOD.

Matt. 24
[21] For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
[22] And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.
[23] Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
[24] For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
[25] Behold, I have told you before.
[26] Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.
[27] For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

OK: Again, 'We are not in the End Times' (??) If one cannot find ALL OF satan's hell (so to speak) excellerating, they best WAKE/UP!

Another good verse:
2 Tim. 3
[1] This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
[2] For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
[3] Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
[4] Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
[5] Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
[6] For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
[7] Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Need God give us more???

2 Peter 3
[1] This second epistle, beloved, I now write unto you; in both which I stir up your pure minds by way of remembrance:
[2] That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:

[3] Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
[4] And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

Another: And take note that Christ was giving Commandment in Matt. 10:5-6 in [person! In other Words, HE WAS HERE AT THIS TIME GIVING FUTURE PROPHECY!]

Matt. 10[17] But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues;
[18] And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles.
[19] But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak.
[20] For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.
[21] And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.

(The END? + verse 23 END/TIME!)

[22] And ye shall be hated of [all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end] shall be saved.

[23] But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, [[[Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come]]].

Again! Christ was already there speaking to His diciples, this is THE END TIME MESSAGE! These persecuting ones are the ones of Rev. 17:1-5, & the 'world's FINAL testimony' will be that of 666 of Church/State! These churchs are documented as the ABOMINATION OF THE EARTH ones, who are Christless, & ALL now need the power of Government.

And the END TIME is just around the corner!

--Elijah

He was speaking to the scribes and the Pharisees. All those things will come upon them at the judgment. But they have not been judged yet. They will be judged on the day of judgment when the dead will be raised and everyone will stand before God. But until the day of judgment, those spirits are being kept in prison.

Judgment came upon Jerusalem in 70 AD, at the end of the age and that generation. The evidence for this view is everywhere throughout the New Testament.

Likewise the men of Nineveh will arise at the judgment with his generation. Again, that has not happened yet. His coming, the Day of the LORD, the thousand year reign and the resurrection of the dead have to happen before the judgment.

That's a false interpretation that's been superimposed on the relevant texts.

Now we know Jesus' generation was not the last generation since they did not see his coming and it is now at least 70 generations since his generation passed away.

And, in so many words, you've just called Christ a liar. Good luck with that.

Your two questions I will get back to you on.

About the thief in the night, I take it to mean that it won't be expected, so we are to be prepared. Repentance is being prepared.

Nick, when Christ comes again, there are as now, two class of humans seen. As of these [posts], who are they in the verses below?? And take note of posts which only have 1/2 truth posted up!:sad
1Thes.5

[1] But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.
[2] For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
[3] For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
[4] But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
[5] Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
[6] Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.

--Elijah

Excuse me sir, but why do you think we are better than sodom? We live in a society of billions, sodom was a few thousand. Yet those same sins are here.and as proudly displayed as they were then. Also end times will be the time when the gospel is most shared, there will be revival (unto death) for the worlds christians, who will die for the gospel. (rev 6, 7).

Also let us talk about you saying we aren't in the end times. Well we aint, thats true. But we are on the cusp. Peace treaty in the middle east almost there. Russia and Syria posturing for...something. Hatred of christianity spreading worldwide, along with the spread of new.age and emergent theology. Increase in natural disasters, famines, disease.

I dont know if this is it...but it seems highly likely.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Excuse me sir, but why do you think we are better than sodom? We live in a society of billions, sodom was a few thousand. Yet those same sins are here.and as proudly displayed as they were then. Also end times will be the time when the gospel is most shared, there will be revival (unto death) for the worlds christians, who will die for the gospel. (rev 6, 7).

Also let us talk about you saying we aren't in the end times. Well we aint, thats true. But we are on the cusp. Peace treaty in the middle east almost there. Russia and Syria posturing for...something. Hatred of christianity spreading worldwide, along with the spread of new.age and emergent theology. Increase in natural disasters, famines, disease.

I dont know if this is it...but it seems highly likely.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
Far too many church members believing the claptrap spread by the enemy...

Excuse me sir...

You don't have to call me "sir" unless you intend to salute me and carry out all my orders.

why do you think we are better than sodom?

Cars.

We live in a society of billions, sodom was a few thousand.

Not a CPA, huh?
Yet those same sins are here.and as proudly displayed as they were then.

Yep. Funny thing about sinners: sin tends to follow them wherever they spring up.

Also end times will be the time when the gospel is most shared...

Good. Then you won't have a problem with this verse:

...the gospel which has come to you, just as in all the world...Colossians 1:5-6 (NASB)

Or this one:

...the gospel that you have heard, which was proclaimed in all creation under heaven, and of which I, Paul, was made a minister. Colossians 1:23 (NASB)

Or this one:

First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, because your faith is being proclaimed throughout the whole world. Romans 1:8 (NASB)

Or this one:

But I say, surely they have never heard, have they? Indeed they have; "THEIR VOICE HAS GONE OUT INTO ALL THE EARTH, AND THEIR WORDS TO THE ENDS OF THE WORLD." Romans 10:18 (NASB)

But why should anyone believe Paul when we have you? :chin

...we aren't in the end times. But we are on the cusp.

The apostles believed they were because that's what Christ Himself told them. Not sure Jesus ever used the word "cusp", though. I'll do a little more digging and get back to you on that.

:type (Hum Jeopardy theme to yourself here.)

Nope. No cusp from Jesus. Sorry. :shrug

God has already answered Storm.. post? (about Matt. 24:14) Here are the Inspired 'Documentation' again!

If one believes (truely believes the Word) Inspiration, this is what you can weigh the bible contents with. The verses are either true or false! (even down to Matt. 24:14 second time prophecy!)

Eccl. 1:9-10
[9] The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.
[10] Is there any thing whereof it may be said, See, this is new? it hath been already of old time, which was before us.

(There is nothing salvational that is not to be repeated, even down to the Heb. 6:6 'spiritual' re/cruifixion of Christ. The very few times that it does not happen has been told us.. such as the world flood & that sin will not arise a second time. Nah.1:9)

Eccl. 3:14-15
[14] I know that, whatsoever God doeth, (or says!) it shall be for ever: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God doeth it, that men should fear before him.
[15] That which hath been is now; and that which is to be hath already been; and God requireth that which is past.

(The Virgin Fold of Christ? Your House IS LEFT UNTO YOU DESOLATE. And Laodicea of Rev. 3:16?? [SPEWED OUT]. Both became the Rev. 3:9's SYNAGOGUE OF SATAN. In other words, when Christ was put out, who immediately replaced Him?? Note Isa. 5:3 + 'we have NO KING' but Ceasar!)

Gen. 41:32
[32] And for that the dream was doubled unto Pharaoh twice; it is because the thing is established by God, [[and God will shortly bring it to pass]].

The dream?? It matters not what 'the thing' is, this is as God documents, DOUBLED TWICE! And the Eccl. verses say what to you? Not once, but OVER & OVER AGAIN. (even down to the time of the mark of the beast)
And God will now shortly bring what to pass?? Check out old Israel's 'seven times' of their Midnight Cry in Matt. 25's parable for Laodicea.

And Matt. 24 is [[[ALL TO BE DOCUMENTED REPEAT'S!]]] (even for what now comes on from verse 21 on!;)

--Elijah

A [[this generation]] shall not pass away until [ALL OF THESE THINGS BE FULFILLED] is.. what generation? Those ones that these sign’s are all [[SEEN IN]]! And SEEN??? Back in 70 AD this was only seen in one location. But be that as it is, most today are still missing Christ's Words of Eccl. 3:14 + verse 15 REPEAT! Such Words of Matt. 10 to the LOST SHEEP OF THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL while He was there speaking & then GIVING US THE REPEAT in the LAST DAY in verse 23!

Matt. 10

[17] But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues;
[18] And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles.
[19] But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak.
[20] For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.
[21] And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.
[22] And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.
[23] But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.

If one cannot ‘see’ the repeat there, ‘I’ suggest that they are none of these one, but that of another group? That of Rev. 17:1-5.

And as these are a very small in comparison with the Broadway ones, how could Matt. 24:14 at this time take the Gospel to a world that is mammoth in today’s population? And doing so by just a small remnant as in the time of Christ?? Surely the Holy Spirit was central, yet, these today numbers are huge! But another END TIME Prophecy was told us in Dan. 12:1-4. And this wisdom was not for satan’s benefit, but to CLOSE UP THIS Matt. 24:14 verse the Second & LAST ‘REQUIRED’ TIME AROUND!

Dan.12

[1] And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.

[4] But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, [[[even to the time of the end]]: [[many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.]]

This time is none other than today advancing ENDING! Matt. 24:21 on. And the KNOWLEDGE?? Are you trying to kid me preterist ones?? All of this ENDING of the above Matt. 10:17-23 will be displayed to the whole world.. WORLDWIDE by only a few Remnant ones in number! ! (By world court & satalite)

Rev. 12:17

[17] And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ. (it takes BOTH!)

--Elijah

Last edited by a moderator:
It's always the other group, but never my group.

It's always the other guy, but never me.

The last flood is this one:

Isaiah 11:9

They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.

Habakkuk 2:14

For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.

Isaiah 54:
8 In a little wrath I hid my face from thee for a moment; but with everlasting kindness will I have mercy on thee, saith the LORD thy Redeemer.
9 For this is as the waters of Noah unto me: for as I have sworn that the waters of Noah should no more go over the earth; so have I sworn that I would not be wroth with thee, nor rebuke thee.
10 For the mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed; but my kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of my peace be removed, saith the LORD that hath mercy on thee.

The above is the 'end of the world' I look for, putting an end to this world:

1 John 5:19
And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.

s

Judgment came upon Jerusalem in 70 AD, at the end of the age and that generation. The evidence for this view is everywhere throughout the New Testament.

That's a false interpretation that's been superimposed on the relevant texts.

And, in so many words, you've just called Christ a liar. Good luck with that.

The world did not come to an end in 70 AD; death was not destroyed; the elements were not dissolved with fire; the earth and the works upon it were not burned up. 2 Peter 3:10

A tribulation not like anything since the beginning includes the flood; according to Rev 9:15 a third of mankind will be slain - a massive loss of life. The day of the LORD will follow the tribulation.

For by fire will the LORD execute judgment, and by his sword, upon all flesh, and those slain by the LORD shall be many. Isa. 66:16

The clamor will resound to the ends of the earth, for the LORD has an indictment against the nations; he is entering into judgment with all flesh, and the wicked he will put to the sword, says the LORD. Jer. 25:31

Apparently you think the Lord came already so I guess you are not looking for a second coming.

The world did not come to an end in 70 AD; death was not destroyed; the elements were not dissolved with fire; the earth and the works upon it were not burned up. 2 Peter 3:10

A tribulation not like anything since the beginning includes the flood; according to Rev 9:15 a third of mankind will be slain - a massive loss of life. The day of the LORD will follow the tribulation.

For by fire will the LORD execute judgment, and by his sword, upon all flesh, and those slain by the LORD shall be many. Isa. 66:16

The clamor will resound to the ends of the earth, for the LORD has an indictment against the nations; he is entering into judgment with all flesh, and the wicked he will put to the sword, says the LORD. Jer. 25:31

Apparently you think the Lord came already so I guess you are not looking for a second coming.
:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:study:study:study
been lurking from the beginning of this thread, but have not posted..I agreed 100% with this post...

The world did not come to an end in 70 AD; the elements were not dissolved with fire; the earth and the works upon it were not burned up. 2 Peter 3:10
καθημενου δε αυτου επι του ορους των ελαιων προσηλθον αυτω οι μαθηται κατ ιδιαν λεγοντες ειπε ημιν ποτε ταυτα εσται και τι το σημειον της σης παρουσιας και της συντελειας του αιωνος Matthew 24:3 (Scrivener)

And when he is sitting on the mount of the Olives, the disciples came near to him by himself, saying, `Tell us, when shall these be? and what is the sign of thy presence, and of the full end of the age?' Matthew 24:3 (YLT)
The world DIDN'T end in 70 AD. The age of the Old Covenant did when Christ returned in judgment upon Jerusalem and took the kingdom of God away from apostate Israel. The world the Jews had known up to that point was over.

Guess it pays to see what the Greek really says, huh?

death was not destroyed
Paul disagrees with you:

And He put all things in subjection under His feet, and gave Him as head over all things to the church, which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all. Ephesians 1:22-23 (NASB)

All things have already been put under subjection under His feet. This includes death. You're looking for something that Christ has already done through His death and resurrection!

You do know this kind of language already exists in the Old Testament. Read the first 5 chapters of Ezekiel then understand it refers to the destruction of Jerusalem at the hands of Nebuchanezzar. Christ uses this same kind of language to describe the coming judgment of Jerusalem at the hands of the Romans!

Prophetic verses, like these in Isaiah, were fulfilled in the captivity of the northern kingdom by Assyria and the southern kingdom by Babylon.

Already fulfilled in the destruction of Jerusalem by Babylon.

Was Jerusalem destroyed in 70 AD? If so, He already came and took the kingdom for the Father who made His Son head over it. That's what His second coming was all about. You should be glad: it means that Gentiles can share in the promises of God for abundant life here and eternal life with Him.

Instead, you all whine that Christ hasn't done enough for you; that you all want to see Him return to earth, set up His throne in Jerusalem, judge all the sinners and send them to hell while you watch in gleeful affirmation not realizing that you deserve their fate, too!

This is exactly what the Jews who crucified Him wanted to see and what did He tell Pilate???

Jesus answered, "My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, then My servants would be fighting so that I would not be handed over to the Jews; but as it is, My kingdom is not of this realm." John 18:36 (NASB)

Jesus currently sits on the throne of a kingdom that you can't see because you're looking for something else, just as the Jews were. They called Him a liar, too, for the same reason you do: because you don't believe Him.

καθημενου δε αυτου επι του ορους των ελαιων προσηλθον αυτω οι μαθηται κατ ιδιαν λεγοντες ειπε ημιν ποτε ταυτα εσται και τι το σημειον της σης παρουσιας και της συντελειας του αιωνος Matthew 24:3 (Scrivener)

And when he is sitting on the mount of the Olives, the disciples came near to him by himself, saying, `Tell us, when shall these be? and what is the sign of thy presence, and of the full end of the age?' Matthew 24:3 (YLT)
The world DIDN'T end in 70 AD. The age of the Old Covenant did when Christ returned in judgment upon Jerusalem and took the kingdom of God away from apostate Israel. The world the Jews had known up to that point was over.

The close of the age is the harvest. Mt. 13:24-43 That's when the sons of the evil one will be gathered and they will be bound into bundles to be burned, and all causes of sin and all evil doers will be gathered out of the kingdom and thrown into the fire; there men will weep and gnash their teeth. Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father.

As it is, the sons of the evil one are with us today; they are the false Christians Jesus predicted; they are the scholars and the theologians; Jesus said they will lead many astray. They will be bound into bundles to be burned. That will happen when Christ returns.

Jesus said the causes of sin and all evil doers will be gathered out of the kingdom at the close of the age. That hasn't happened yet.

Instead wickedness is multiplying. The causes of sin - the love of money, covetousness, the lust of the flesh, etc. were not gathered out of the kingdom in 70 AD. And of course we still have evil doers today.

Guess it pays to see what the Greek really says, huh?

Not really. You might think so. But I have the Bible already translated.

Paul disagrees with you:

And He put all things in subjection under His feet, and gave Him as head over all things to the church, which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all. Ephesians 1:22-23 (NASB)

All things have already been put under subjection under His feet. This includes death. You're looking for something that Christ has already done through His death and resurrection!

Christ has the authority but he hasn't returned yet. When he returns he will execute judgment.

You do know this kind of language already exists in the Old Testament. Read the first 5 chapters of Ezekiel then understand it refers to the destruction of Jerusalem at the hands of Nebuchanezzar. Christ uses this same kind of language to describe the coming judgment of Jerusalem at the hands of the Romans!

Prophetic verses, like these in Isaiah, were fulfilled in the captivity of the northern kingdom by Assyria and the southern kingdom by Babylon.

Already fulfilled in the destruction of Jerusalem by Babylon.

Where do they talk about Jerusalem? The prophets said the LORD will execute judgment upon all flesh and all nations.

Was Jerusalem destroyed in 70 AD? If so, He already came and took the kingdom for the Father who made His Son head over it. That's what His second coming was all about. You should be glad: it means that Gentiles can share in the promises of God for abundant life here and eternal life with Him.

Instead, you all whine that Christ hasn't done enough for you; that you all want to see Him return to earth, set up His throne in Jerusalem, judge all the sinners and send them to hell while you watch in gleeful affirmation not realizing that you deserve their fate, too!

This is exactly what the Jews who crucified Him wanted to see and what did He tell Pilate???

Jesus answered, "My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, then My servants would be fighting so that I would not be handed over to the Jews; but as it is, My kingdom is not of this realm." John 18:36 (NASB)

Jesus currently sits on the throne of a kingdom that you can't see because you're looking for something else, just as the Jews were. They called Him a liar, too, for the same reason you do: because you don't believe Him.

He sits on the throne but he hasn't returned yet.

the lord hasnt come back to redeem all of nature and man. theirs that curse of sin and death that is the final enemy that wasnt dealt with.

it will be soon.

First of all, it's not anything anyone can "take" from the text! Jesus was clear as to what this sign meant!

{10} Then the LORD commanded the fish, and it vomited Jonah up onto the dry land. Jonah 2:10 (NASB)

Just as Jonah walked out of the belly of the fish, Christ walked out of the belly of the earth! He rose again! That is the resurrection! And His resurrection would be the only sign that evil and adulterous generation - the one that crucified Him - would get!

O.K. But by saying his generation would only get one sign isn't he saying the other signs will be seen later? Whereas Jesus' generation was only given one sign, I believe my generation is seeing all the other signs Jesus spoke of.

Back