Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] Were Dinosaurs a deception from Satan to make the world look older ?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
God created the heaven fully ddeveloped"ready to be seen by man".

This is something that a lot of immature atheists fail to consider: if God created the Universe fully developed, then it's not that surprising that we discover it to be billions of years old. This is because it could have been created already billions of year into its "natural" timeline... the universe may appear to be older than it is because God created it already at a certain natural "age".

My post [posted this morning] may have been removed, . . . so I must have said something against the TOS. For what it's worth, . . . . . . well, I guess I have nothing to say here.
It is possible that it just got lost in cyberspace as there is no record of a post having been deleted from this thread.

My issue with that is that it would mean God is deceptive. And that makes no sense at all.

Only in the sense that things in nature may not be what they seem... and there are many things in nature that are not as they seem, are there not?

Only in the sense that things in nature may not be what they seem... and there are many things in nature that are not as they seem, are there not?
"Only in the sense that things in nature may not be what they seem"? Do you recognize the severity of that statement? It would undermine all scientific inquiry into origins and life. It would make us not able to truly trust God.

The fathers of modern science began their inquiries precisely because they believed that God had created the universe and all it's order, and that through science they would be able to discover and show this to be the case. And I would agree. I think that God has given man not only the inquiring mind which wants to look at the minute details of creation, but also the ability and knowledge to discover his handiwork so that we may know just how powerful and incredible he is.

However, if God created everything so that our methods of inquiry would only provide us with false information, then we cannot really know anything about how he created the universe. It would be deceptive if God created the universe to appear old when it isn't, and if that is the case, what else has he been deceptive about regarding other areas of scientific inquiry? It really undermines all scientific inquiry into the origins and diversity of life.

our existence now is an illusion of sorts.

we cant even fathom what God is or had endowned adam with that he lost. total sinless perfection. no death. all we know is now.

heaven has no time, no death and nothing that we can relate to. any vision or definition of god is set to terms that only we can understand. God is way bigger then our minds can grip.

medidate on the absurdities of the bible.

and yes that they are

how does a god die? if he didnt die then was the bible wrong? how does three seperate beings be one?

My issue with that is that it would mean God is deceptive. And that makes no sense at all.
so what age was the first cell on the earth? you choose to believe that somehow a god become a man and yet christ says he was before abraham and was only 30 when he said that

so was that a deception too?

so the question is if god isnt able to ower power his own laws and make things the way he wants then he isnt a god. the universe is smaller then him.

and too the old earthers
http://www.icr.org/article/young-helium-diffusion-age-zircons/

so if barb and free were to met jesus and hear him say that he is older then the abraham and met baby jesus. would you then say god lied?

i think god can violates the laws of nature as he isnt bound by them.

men dont die and come back to life now do they.

so what age was the first cell on the earth? you choose to believe that somehow a god become a man and yet christ says he was before abraham and was only 30 when he said that

so was that a deception too?

so the question is if god isnt able to ower power his own laws and make things the way he wants then he isnt a god. the universe is smaller then him.

and too the old earthers
http://www.icr.org/article/young-helium-diffusion-age-zircons/

so if barb and free were to met jesus and hear him say that he is older then the abraham and met baby jesus. would you then say god lied?

i think god can violates the laws of nature as he isnt bound by them.

men dont die and come back to life now do they.
Jason very well put....Along these lines. Just because we do not know all the working of God, His plan before and after the fall of man does not make God a deceiver. If the universe looks to be 15 billion years old does not mean God set out to trip us up.. On the contrary it shows me how power and how high above our thinking and science,, He must be...

"Only in the sense that things in nature may not be what they seem"? Do you recognize the severity of that statement? It would undermine all scientific inquiry into origins and life. It would make us not able to truly trust God.

The fathers of modern science began their inquiries precisely because they believed that God had created the universe and all it's order, and that through science they would be able to discover and show this to be the case. And I would agree. I think that God has given man not only the inquiring mind which wants to look at the minute details of creation, but also the ability and knowledge to discover his handiwork so that we may know just how powerful and incredible he is.

However, if God created everything so that our methods of inquiry would only provide us with false information, then we cannot really know anything about how he created the universe. It would be deceptive if God created the universe to appear old when it isn't, and if that is the case, what else has he been deceptive about regarding other areas of scientific inquiry? It really undermines all scientific inquiry into the origins and diversity of life.

The one thing that sticks in my side is. If God created all things billions of years ago? If death and decay did not enter into equation untill man sinned which the bible is very clear on this.. Then that being the starting point for all things to wind down. If man has only been around for 6000 years give or take. Why did the dinos die off? If they "dinos" are millions of years old??

and also stipulates that if earth is that old and the stars he has to intervene and save the earth for a promise is made to that effect.

the seedtime and harvest shall not cease.for we know the sun will die. or man long before.

the theisitic evo will argue that the word death only means a spirutual death but to that then i ask of what of the idea of oh death where is thy sting if that death wasnt for the spirit or the promise of the ressurection?

christ did rise in body and so shall we. there would be no need of the ressurection if we get that upon salvation.

the theisitic evo will argue that the word death only means a spirutual death but to that then i ask of what of the idea of oh death where is thy sting if that death wasnt for the spirit or the promise of the ressurection?

christ did rise in body and so shall we. there would be no need of the ressurection if we get that upon salvation.
true, more should do this.......:study

The one thing that sticks in my side is. If God created all things billions of years ago? If death and decay did not enter into equation untill man sinned which the bible is very clear on this..

No. In fact, the "death" God spoke of to Adam was a spiritual, not a physical one. He told Adam he would die the day he ate from the tree, and yet Adam lived on physically for many years after. So physical death was not a consequence. And no where does God say it was for other living things.

The one thing that sticks in my side is. If God created all things billions of years ago? If death and decay did not enter into equation untill man sinned which the bible is very clear on this.. Then that being the starting point for all things to wind down. If man has only been around for 6000 years give or take. Why did the dinos die off? If they "dinos" are millions of years old??
Who says that man has only been around for 6000 years? Dinos could have died for any number of reasons.

Who says that man has only been around for 6000 years? Dinos could have died for any number of reasons.

Ok, how long would you say. and please list proof. or what you believe to be true.
As for me its the list from Adam to Jesus found in our bible's genealogical record. and I said around 6000 years..I don't know how long Adam and Eve living before the fall, millions of years???
Oh and can you list some of the reason the dinos would have die before the fall of man?

No. In fact, the "death" God spoke of to Adam was a spiritual, not a physical one. He told Adam he would die the day he ate from the tree, and yet Adam lived on physically for many years after. So physical death was not a consequence. And no where does God say it was for other living things.

By your understanding. Question then is if sin entered into the world through Adam and Eve which is follow by death. Then why and what was the reason for dinos to die. If they existed before Adam and yet it was by Adam's sin that started the count down to death.

where and why does the bible say this in corinthians?

oh death where is thy sting and speak of christs return and his raising from the dead(he did die). and we with him.

so if it was just a spiritual death then, christ was dead too before the cross? and was raised spiritually.

and there was death in heaven? no more pain, no more sorrow.

so when god said that the earth was going to be hard to harvest for your sakes what did that mean?

sounds like a punishment and also a means to remember why the world is the way it is.i for the record dont look to heaven because that isnt where i am going to be. i will be on the earth when its all said and done.

the saints come back to judge and when they do so what form of body with they have? paul speaks of a new body and also speaks of christ being risen in a physical form, the firstfruits of the ressurection. how then does a god die? and be raised and also in a flesh form.

Back