Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Westboro Baptist Church Music Video

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Perfect passages to apply to Westboro. :thumbsup
Which means in this respect Westboro are correct, though we are to love, and God loves, wilfull fornicators do not love God and will be destroyed.

What is interesting is that many in these forums will say that Muslims who fail to speak out against such vitriolic rhetoric given by Muslim extremists means that Muslims in general condone such hatred and acts of aggression, yet, when it comes to people saying such things in the name of Christ, they say nothing.
Just something worth noting.
So the same question to you, on what do you base your ideas of Islam and Christianity, on the Holy Bible and the Quran/Hadith, or what one group of people who claim to be followers say as oposed to another?

Which means in this respect Westboro are correct, though we are to love, and God loves, wilfull fornicators do not love God and will be destroyed.
Actually, no, I meant that those are things Jesus could have said to Westboro followers.

Brightmorningstar said:
So the same question to you, on what do you base your ideas of Islam and Christianity, on the Holy Bible and the Quran/Hadith, or what one group of people who claim to be followers say as oposed to another?
I am not discussing Islam as that is not the topic. I just found it interesting, is all.

We are saying something, here at the forums, but what about the church leaders in general saying something in the media?
That is what I am getting at, I'm unsure that the media will give a voice to our church leaders. REMEMBER, what is news, what is reported, is determined by the media.

Free,
Actually, no, I meant that those are things Jesus could have said to Westboro followers.
Well some, but not all, not Luke 10:13, the message to repent to a sinful world is the bit Westboro have correct.

I am not discussing Islam as that is not the topic. I just found it interesting, is all.
So to answer the question for you, what is correct about the Westboro video, and what isnt, is tested according to the Bible, not acording to what any group of people who call themselves Christian may say.

^^^ Oh, no. Now he's wearing a cowboy hat.

I'ts one thing to make Christians look bad, but now John Wayne (world-famous Movie Cowboy) is gonna come back to life and give him a butt-kicking. :toofunny

Regardless of all the damage control that you guys could do, its still there. im more apt to believe that God would like it a lot more if you loved the gay people and you tried to help them. ( i dont believe its a help thing but for Christians it is) instead of slandering them and putting words in Gods mouth. he never once says he hates faggs. he just doesnt say that. he doesnt say that he hates lady gaga, troops, or anything that they say he hates.

and yes it is a context and interpretation issue, some will agree, other obviously will not. Thats how i see it and i have studied the Bible and have studied the verses they use in particular.

Its my personal belief that none of them will be in Heaven. yeah i know i cant dictate that but i would hope they wouldnt be allowed in. God says reach souls not turn them away, this is not doing any wonders for Christians.

and whats funny is that, when most people like Fred are against gays so much they usually are gay. look at all the politicians who hate it so much but then are caught in the bathroom with another man. i mean honestly.

i dont think that is remotely close, there not taking the Word of God and twisting it into something it doesnt say, kesha and the Bratz dont claim to be Christian and dont put it out there if they are. so there not really preaching anything

Last edited by a moderator:
AlexLove,​
Regardless of all the damage control that you guys could do, its still there. im more apt to believe that God would like it a lot more if you loved the gay people and you tried to help them. ( i dont believe its a help thing but for Christians it is) instead of slandering them and putting words in Gods mouth. he never once says he hates faggs. he just doesnt say that. he doesnt say that he hates lady gaga, troops, or anything that they say he hates.
Lets hope they are reading your post.​
 ​
and yes it is a context and interpretation issue, some will agree, other obviously will not.
Naaah, its denial and lying. WBC are adding something the Bible doesn’t say which is opposite to God’s heart. The lgbt argument is pure lying about what God’s word says.​
Thats how i see it and i have studied the Bible and have studied the verses they use in particular.
That is what WBC claim as well LOL.​
Its my personal belief that none of them will be in Heaven.
Not for us to say, but I see you are as judgmental as them​
and whats funny is that, when most people like Fred are against gays so much they usually are gay. look at all the politicians who hate it so much but then are caught in the bathroom with another man. i mean honestly.
Well quite, as I have said none of it is about homosexuals, its about rebellion against God.​

Moratorium on homosexuality threads

There are many many threads on LGBT and related topics. Until this notice disappears, the Staff will not tolerate any new or non-active threads on or related to Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual or Transgender. Use existing threads if you wish to discuss these things. Failure to adhere to this moratorium will result in discipinary action including but not limited to posts being deleted.
Thank you, and God Bless.

So is the thread going to be closed, afterall the fornication in the OP and video includes homoseuxal practice.
Some of the threads on the topic hasve recently been closed.

AlexLove,​
Lets hope they are reading your post.​
 ​
Naaah, its denial and lying. WBC are adding something the Bible doesn’t say which is opposite to God’s heart. The lgbt argument is pure lying about what God’s word says.​
That is what WBC claim as well LOL.​
Not for us to say, but I see you are as judgmental as them​
Well quite, as I have said none of it is about homosexuals, its about rebellion against God.​
its not denial and lying if you would quit trying to have a one sided argument all the time someone might be able to explain it to you, you dont have to agree but trying to always have a one sided argument isnt getting you anywhere. your very closed minded.

your right its not for us to say, and its not judgemental i just dont see God letting someone into heaven after doing all that his word.

and the last part im just ignoring. your ignorant and closed minded and thats your choice.

AlexLove,
its not denial and lying
Its denial and lying. Its clear cut. WBC add what isn’t scriptural and the people who support the specific fornication lie about the condemnation of it.
But if it were interpretation, like you suggested, which it isn’t, then it certainly is narrow minded of you to not recognise WBC’s interpretation. Lol

your right its not for us to say,
So why did you judge them? You know in John 8 Jesus judged the sin but not the woman, He condemned the sin but not the woman.
i just dont see God letting someone into heaven after doing all that his word
Well you aren’t God, but the NT warnings for false teaching is pretty serious, though arguably more specifc and obvious for those who love fornication. .

According to Scripture, the vitriol and hate they show is un-Christlike and un-biblical and Christians should do better in speaking out against them.

I haven't heard or known anywhere in any article or news that "Westboro Baptist Church hates fornicators", but rather all the time I hear "God hates fornicators" proclaiming God's Judgment. Please educate me or provide links that say "Westboro Baptist Church hate" if I am wrong.

It is a perverted Gospel that does not proclaim God's Judgment and His true nature of hatred towards fornicators. And yet, today's Christianity does not even know what is in Scriptures and blame the few who boldly proclaim God's Judgment on the wicked.

and here I was thinking the gospel meant good news and the good news was that Christ died for our sins and was raised from the dead to reconcile us back with God.

But why stop at fornicators? There's more than one sin, lets condemn everyone and leave out the good news bit.

Back