Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What are you doing on Sunday?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Normally, Sunday for us is church, lunch, then Steve and the kids go to catechism and I get the shopping done and then we head on back up to the ranch.

However, this year has been a bad year for Steve, Thomas and I in regards to health issues. Steve's seizures have been an issue, Tom's been dealing with asthma and allergies (we've found out he's allergic to just about everything but eggs and cats) and I've been hammered with respiratory issues as well. Poor Viola's been the only healthy one, so everything has kind of fallen on her.

Since I won't work while Tom is home with his asthma, I've been working Saturdays. This means that Sunday's are often the only day we are together. And, since Sunday is the one day we have together... we spend it at home, either watching movies or playing games with each other. Slowly but surely we are getting back on top of our health issues... set back this week due to a flu bug... which everyone but Steve succumbed to and he was having seizures...but I think we are getting to the bottom of some of the health issues and back on track.

I'll be glad to get back to our old routine for Sunday... love going to church!!!

Andy, I like what your church did when they couldn't use the regular facility. Perhaps your church should plan on doing that on Saturdays... and use it as a time for sharing the gospel.

the Sabbath is part of two days, sundown on one day to sundown of the next. Genesis spoke of light and dark and the next day.....the rest is the important bit

the Sabbath is part of two days, sundown on one day to sundown of the next. Genesis spoke of light and dark and the next day.....the rest is the important bit

Yup, that would be our Friday night to Saturday evening. By our calendar, we call it two days, but from their calendar, it's only 1.

With the change in covenant it was no longer necessary to abide by the condition of the Sabbath to stay in covenant with God (faith in Christ being the True Sabbath observance--the one that counts).

We have the freedom to keep a Sabbath day, or not...and even change the day to keep it for the sake of honoring the resurrection.

16 Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day— 17 things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ. 18 Let no one keep defrauding you of your prize by delighting in self-abasement..." (Colossians 2:16-18 NASB)

Interesting...I never really noticed what it says in Col 2 before. A litte investigation and study is in order...:chin

Blessings,
Dee

Andy, I like what your church did when they couldn't use the regular facility. Perhaps your church should plan on doing that on Saturdays... and use it as a time for sharing the gospel.

Handy, I will at all costs avoid suggesting that idea to anyone in any position of authority in my church whatsoever!:lol

My Church Diary is as follows
Monday, about once a month a leaders meeting, or cell group overseers, or Church growth.
Tuesday, Agape meal and bible study.
Wednesday, cell groups
Thursday, Friendship and evangelism meal
Friday, Evangelism
Saturday, work around the house in the morning, Household meeting and teaching in the evening
Sunday, Local congregation in the morning and Big congregation in the evening.
Phew, I'm exhausted just thinking about it!

Re: What are you doing on Sunday?

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Jethro Bodine
God's purpose and his promise to fulfill it do not change (Heb. 6:17). How he fulfills it did. You've already been shown where it plainly talks about a change in law. Are we going to continue to just ignore that?

With the change in covenant it was no longer necessary to abide by the condition of the Sabbath to stay in covenant with God (faith in Christ being the True Sabbath observance--the one that counts).

We have the freedom to keep a Sabbath day, or not...and even change the day to keep it for the sake of honoring the resurrection.

16 Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day— 17 things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ. 18 Let no one keep defrauding you of your prize by delighting in self-abasement..." (Colossians 2:16-18 NASB)

Find me one verse in the Ten Commandments alone, that God Penned (and is supposed to be in ones heart??) where the Law of Moses was even other than a thought or effect in ETERNITY!:seehearspeak Rev. 22:18-19 (if the name was ever recorded there to begin with?) Heb. 13:20

And 'food or drink'??? You are beside your self when you even hint that that is in the Eternal Covenant of God! See Gen. 4:7 for that suggestion!
Hey, this is 4/17/2012 WAKEUP!!!!

--Elijah

Me again: This forums has 'mods' all over the place!;) And most likely another will appear quick enough!:sad And 'i' can see that it might be booted out to the theology forum or wherever?

So Jethro, it takes time to answer your posted material, so I will put it up over in the theology thread if you care to stufy this further? Really, it is a Gen. to Rev. Bible study Doctrine:thumbsup

--Elijah

apart from the very special day when our Lord gave up his life, that day had a light and then dark and then light and then dark in the same day yet in Genesis time keeping there were two days in one, therefore he was in the grave three days not parts of three days

Back