Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What are you reading?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I am currently reading

The Sound and the Fury by Faulkner

and

Rumors of Another World by Phillip Yancey

currently reading Master and Comander by Patrick O'Brian, verry good, although all the technical language regarding square rigged ships gets a little confusing, I just read with a refference book right next to me.

great books with a purpose

:angel: I am reading Evidence That Demands a Verdict by Josh McDowell, Darwin on Trial,Every prophecy of the Bible by John F. Walvoord,Triumphant Return by Grant R. Jeffrey,A woman rides the Beast by Dave Hunt,and Too Long in The Sun by Richard Rives.
I enjoy many other books too. I love books that Dave Hunt writes and John Walvoord,and Josh McDowell.
Derrick Prince,They shall expel Demons is a must have book for every child of God.
Blessings to all,in Jesus our Lord,amen.

Currently reading "Eternal Wisdom From the Desert: Writings From the Desert Fathers." I am currently on section "The Life of Antony of Egypt."

Slouching Towards Gomorrah: Modern Liberalism and Moral Decline by Robert H. Bork

What's So Great About America? by Danesh D'Souza

The Cassandra Compact by Robert Ludlum

The Journey of Desire by John Eldredge.

I'm reading "Refuting Compromise" by Jonathan Sarfati of Answers in Genesis. It's about defending the literal interpretation of Genesis from long age compromisers like Hugh Ross. Great read!

mhess13 said:
I'm reading "Refuting Compromise" by Jonathan Sarfati of Answers in Genesis. It's about defending the literal interpretation of Genesis from long age compromisers like Hugh Ross. Great read!

:angel: Great link,mhess!
Can i borrow it?

Its really good, it was written in '94 and my copy was published in '95. There are some things he writes about (especially concerning big brother), that I didn't know about. And here it is 9 years later, so its easy to imagine how much more things have advanced since then.

I was wondering what you all are reading right now? I got the new Halo book, Halo: Ghost on Onyx Wednesday. I'm about 73% done with the book. I plan on finishing it this weekend, so what are you reading? :robot: :popcorn:

This thread at the moment :wink:

Actually, I got over halfway thru Revival by Mark Stibbe during summer bus rides 8-)

Anyone remember summer? :lol:

Ian :-D

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back