Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What are your beliefs/views on extraterrestrials (aliens)?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back to the subject,

I'm in agreement with those saying that the Bible simply doesn't speak to the issue of what else might be out there.

Let's face it, life most certainly, according to the Bible, exists elsewhere besides this earth.

The Bible speaks of the different creatures that are in heaven. Some of them sound pretty weird. There are the seraphim, the cherubim and Revelation 4 speaks of four living creatures.

Since we know that living creatures can inhabit that place known as heaven, then obviously there is life outside of earth.

God's creation is vast... unimaginably huge... that He might have placed life on other planets is very plausible. As for who would be their Redeemer? Jesus is the Redeemer. John tells us that Jesus did many things, so many that the earth itself couldn't contain the books. As others have said, perhaps the beings on other planets haven't sinned... we have no way of knowing any of this, but it is just as speculative to say that there isn't life on other planets as it is to say there is...

That said, I reject the notion that aliens have been visiting our planet.

Hi WIP

as I said in one of my previous posts in Genesis 3:15 God sent Jesus Christ to die for our sins. Now if there were other "Christian aliens" from other planets why would God not make them known to us. We are encouraged to share fellowship with our fellow brothers and sisters in Christ how could we do this if we do not know they exists?

Ephasians 1:10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

I think this verse says it all really that all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and WHICH ARE ON EARTH.
I understand your point. Why would He not make it known to us? I don't know why but if it is important for me to know why, He would tell me.

If He has chosen for us not to know then Eph. 1:10 is still valid because He is dealing with us in our limited time and space.

I'm not saying there are or are not other intelligent life. My gut reaction says, does it matter? If it does, I trust that God will make it known when it is time. Until then, I will not lose sleep over the thought or the question.

Whenever this subject comes up, I always think of C.S. Lewis' Narnia series, especially "The Magician's Nephew"... how Digory and Polly stumbled into the Wood Between the Worlds and were able to be at the creation of yet a new world.

Lewis' imagination was that God would deal with any world that He created as He created it... in Narnia, He revealed Himself as a Lion and as a Lamb.... but, it was a world of animals.

I don't really think it matters all that much, myself... but, my faith wouldn't be at all rocked if life were found on other planets...

Back to the subject,

I'm in agreement with those saying that the Bible simply doesn't speak to the issue of what else might be out there.

Let's face it, life most certainly, according to the Bible, exists elsewhere besides this earth.

The Bible speaks of the different creatures that are in heaven. Some of them sound pretty weird. There are the seraphim, the cherubim and Revelation 4 speaks of four living creatures.

Since we know that living creatures can inhabit that place known as heaven, then obviously there is life outside of earth.

God's creation is vast... unimaginably huge... that He might have placed life on other planets is very plausible. As for who would be their Redeemer? Jesus is the Redeemer. John tells us that Jesus did many things, so many that the earth itself couldn't contain the books. As others have said, perhaps the beings on other planets haven't sinned... we have no way of knowing any of this, but it is just as speculative to say that there isn't life on other planets as it is to say there is...

That said, I reject the notion that aliens have been visiting our planet.

I've always considered aliens a possibility, but I hadn't thought of it that way before. Interesting.:)

I had a pastor once who had the perfect response to this question: "The Bible leaves this question unanswered, dealing only with life on Earth. However, if there are people elsewhere in the universe, you can be certain God has revealed Himself to them exactly and appropriately for them to know Him."

When I was at "Jesus Camp" (1 year christian residential rehab), they always said the BIBLE is: Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth. I think there's more to it than that, but when you boil it down, its all about humanity's encounters with God. I can't think of any reason why the Bible--which, to me, seems to exist to let us know who God is and how He deals with humanity--would or should offer information about life on other planets. Think about how old the Bible is, too. What would Jesus, who came to save humanity, need to tell people 2,000 years ago about life on other planets and how God dealt/deals with them?

I don't think my faith is affected by life on other planets. Maybe it exists. If it does, it exists in a fallen state, just like us. Those life forms will need to be redeemed. Just like us, those life forms will one day cease to exist when all of God's now fallen creation gives way to a new Heaven and new Earth.

we have a chance to be the aliens, if we survive long enough we will visit the bacteria that has grown into sentience somewhere. im not sure if we will be visited by anyone.

I've already been visited, they have even invaded my home.

tumblr_m65kpyaYsg1qm5ht4o1_500.jpg

Toxoplasma gondii. Makes rats attracted to cat urine. Humans? Not sure about that.

While I respect the Oxford Journal, there is virtually no proof whatsoever that Toxoplasma gondii causes schizophrenia. There is a lot of speculation, some of it reasonable and some of it off the wall nonsense. E. Fuller Torrey at the Stanley Medical Research Institute claimed in 2003 to have established a solid connection to the protozoan and increased likelihood of pregnant women giving birth to schizophrenics-to-be. No other research facility, however, has managed to duplicate his statistical findings, and in studying his original research have found numerous statistical flaws.

So, as a mental health professional, I seriously doubt the veracity of these claims.

While I respect the Oxford Journal, there is virtually no proof whatsoever that Toxoplasma gondii causes schizophrenia. There is a lot of speculation, some of it reasonable and some of it off the wall nonsense. E. Fuller Torrey at the Stanley Medical Research Institute claimed in 2003 to have established a solid connection to the protozoan and increased likelihood of pregnant women giving birth to schizophrenics-to-be. No other research facility, however, has managed to duplicate his statistical findings, and in studying his original research have found numerous statistical flaws.

So, as a mental health professional, I seriously doubt the veracity of these claims.

I agree. Didn't his findings also support the idea that breastfeeding could just as easily contribute to future schizophrenia?

I still blame video games:lol

okay okay, i was really taking this joke kind of far. i don't really think toxoplasmosis makes us think cats are cute. im just a big fan of crackpot theories.

just think if it really was the case, all our cat videos and art and doodles praising cats...PARASITE IN YO BRAIN, mew <3. hilarious.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back