Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What are your beliefs/views on extraterrestrials (aliens)?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
okay okay, i was really taking this joke kind of far. i don't really think toxoplasmosis makes us think cats are cute. im just a big fan of crackpot theories.

just think if it really was the case, all our cat videos and art and doodles praising cats...PARASITE IN YO BRAIN, mew <3. hilarious.

I still think they are controlling us though:)

Scientifically, there are no aliens. There shouldn't even be life on Earth, as science has found no way for the natural formation of life to be probable. Also, the absence of any artificial signals in space suggest that if there is life out there, they are some combination of so primitive or so distant that we'll never meet them in our lifetimes. And, no one in Earth's history has met them.

Scientifically, there are no aliens. There shouldn't even be life on Earth, as science has found no way for the natural formation of life to be probable. Also, the absence of any artificial signals in space suggest that if there is life out there, they are some combination of so primitive or so distant that we'll never meet them in our lifetimes. And, no one in Earth's history has met them.

Just because science hasn't found it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. You made a good point about distance though.

What are your beliefs/views on extraterrestrials (aliens)?
Two words: Genesis six.

I believe they are the Nephilim and other genetic oddities of Genesis 6. Some may be spiritual, but if they are corporeal, I believe they are part human actually. One theory is they come from Zeta Reticuli which are a loosely paired star system actually. Both stars are solar analogues which means if you could pop one of them in place of our sun instantly would look about the same color, feel about the same temp, look about the same brightness, and only slightly smaller. So, if there are planets out there, it would make sense that such beings would pick a similar star system. We can speculate all day, but this is as good as any.

Have you every wondered what "beasts of the field" and "fowls of the heaven" refers to?

Daniel 2:37-38 Thou, O king, art a king of kings: for the God of heaven hath given thee a kingdom, power, and strength, and glory. <SUP class=versenum></SUP>And wheresoever the children of men dwell, the beasts of the field and the fowls of the heaven hath he given into thine hand, and hath made thee ruler over them all. Thou art this head of gold.

King Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon, the king in the above passage, is symbolic of Satan...king of the world. God has made him ruler of the beasts of the field and fowls of the heaven so there is more to that than meets the eye.

The name/title of Baalzebub, another reference to Satan, when properly translated means..."lord of those that fly."

What some think is extraterrestrials, I believe is the manifestation of demonic activity.
I consider that to be a possibility.

As for creatures spanning the vastness of space to visit us - nope. If they were visiting us, we'd know it, it would not be a discussion that has gone on since man started to fly.

I once wrote a diatribe for thespaceport.us where I "debunked" both time travel AND interstellar travel, all in one. The server crashed and we lost all of that, years ago. Quite a pity, I hit a home run with that paper. ;)

Interstellar travel is the stuff of fiction, same as time travel.

I consider that to be a possibility.

As for creatures spanning the vastness of space to visit us - nope. If they were visiting us, we'd know it, it would not be a discussion that has gone on since man started to fly.

I once wrote a diatribe for thespaceport.us where I "debunked" both time travel AND interstellar travel, all in one. The server crashed and we lost all of that, years ago. Quite a pity, I hit a home run with that paper. ;)

Interstellar travel is the stuff of fiction, same as time travel.

Some unusual aircraft that we might see I think could be classified things the government does and they will not admit it to the public.

Why am I not bothered by the fact that "the invasion of the kitty cats" makes a better thread than the discussion of aliens from other planets? :biglol

:lol

Hey by the way, love that passage in your signature!

James 1:22But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

Last edited by a moderator:
So if are extraterrestrials, do you think it would be ok in God's eyes to marry one?

I always had a thing for Leela

images

34532.gif

I don't think I believe in aliens, but I'm not really sure. I've heard many different things from people. Also, is there anywhere in the Bible that might talk something about aliens or something?

They don't exist.

Some unusual aircraft that we might see I think could be classified things the government does and they will not admit it to the public.
I agree. But then, there was a picture of one of our stealth bombers taken by an amateur photographer some time ago - before the plane was admitted to exist - and it became a "UFO" that "did things our technology can't do"... bla bla bla.

So, your thought has been reality for some time. :yes

I agree. But then, there was a picture of one of our stealth bombers taken by an amateur photographer some time ago - before the plane was admitted to exist - and it became a "UFO" that "did things our technology can't do"... bla bla bla.

So, your thought has been reality for some time. :yes

Yep. I saw one years ago. A UFO is just an object we can't identify. It doesn't mean all UFO's are inhabited by alien beings :)

.............. We're not exactly made of unique or rare stuff (though Humans have about 10 cents of gold in our bodies which is cool.).

:grumpy I misread that as 10% and thought I had found a way to make my fortune.

I don't think I believe in aliens, but I'm not really sure. I've heard many different things from people. Also, is there anywhere in the Bible that might talk something about aliens or something?

There are several on this board. They are now very confused with mankind.:)

Kidding

God has made know the end from the beginning and one day God will dwell with man. Since I believe God "created life on this earth" I can't see God creating life on another planet. The earth is God's footstool. So no aliens for me.

Randy

I think you have not seen my point evolution is not at all biblical but it's origins are man made. If we let scripture speak for itself can you point me to where in scripture evolution is mentioned??

:eeeekkk I find that a very strange view. You are ignoring the fact that the Bible is known to be 100% man made (Constantine etc) with roughly 0% evidence for anything but the history it contains BUT that there is vast amount of evidence for evolution. :yes

:study Do you believe what you read? If so, try reading some modern explanations of evolution; most people don't bother for fear that they will have to think more carefully. If you don't believe what you read, why on earth do you believe the Bible? Because your parents did?:chin

:transformer
......... is there anywhere in the Bible that might talk something about aliens or something?

'As they were walking along and talking together, suddenly a chariot of fire and horses of fire appeared and separated the two of them, and Elijah went up to heaven in a whirlwind.' 2 Kings 2:11

'Then a loud voice from heaven called to the two prophets, "Come up here!"
And they rose to heaven in a cloud as their enemies watched.' Rev.11:12
And others. :transformer

You did ask if it might talk about aliens :biggrin

On a slightly more serious note, don't you find it interesting that it was once quite normal for people to think that Heaven was up there beyond the clouds? Where do you think it is now that we have mapped 'the heavens' for billions & billions & billions of miles? A fiery chariot somehow doesn't seem up to the task.:shrug

Our observable universe is so immensely vast that our planet is nothing but a near invisible spec of dust when compared to our galaxy alone. Then, take into consideration the millions of galaxies that we can see, and the untold countless more that we cannot.

It's foolish to assume that we are the only planet bearing life. We know of a handful of planets that exist in the "Goldylocks" zone of nearby stars that meet the criteria for life. One of Neptune's moons is covered in ice, and is speculated to have a vast ocean underneath it.

We are not alone.

thats a faith statement. "we are not alone"

we have no proof either way of other life out there. personnaly i could care less.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back