Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What church do you attend?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Henry,

Thank you for your kind words. I am just trying to see where God is leading us right now. God bless you in your home church; that's great.

GOD'S ARMY,

I don't believe Jesus Christ is the ruler of the "next lower heaven." What I do believe is the Bible that clearly lays out that Christ was the only begotten son in the flesh. He was the first spirit child of our Father in heaven.

A couple of questions. Who is Yawhew of the OT? How did the Father have a "spirit child" without a wife?

Why do people always take any form of argument against what they believe as an attack on them?

When someone argues against Christianity I'm sure you see it as an attack on who you are. Most Christians throw the word "persecution" around when disagreed with. Your spiritual path defines you as a person. When someone attacks your chosen beliefs system they are atacking who you are.

It's not your place to be someone's spiritual babysitter.

free

I am sure that God has a plan for out home church, if anything to train me to speak in public better. I know that I was called to be a pastor as far back as when I was 9, I sort of relate to Jerimah in that I was called early, but like Johna that that I ran from the call. But God is in controll not me. And wheeeeeehhhhh that is good news :)

witchy_womyn

Dear Christians are under persecution all over the world, in some places they are killed for their faith, and this is something that happens every single say in the 1,000s sad to say. I have personally spoken to men who come from those nations where there is heavy persecution, and dear they do not just throw the word "persecution" around, I mean unless you think being shot and having your arms cut off, is not really persecution.

It is not just something that we say dear, not at all.

said--It's not your place to be someone's spiritual babysitter.

Actually Jesus said to go into all the world and teach EVERYONE what he has taught, and to baptise them into the body of Christ.

Listen now, ( I get that from Charles Stanly :) ) we are not merely preaching our religon, we are trying to save people from an eternaty in hell, and if some folks are anoyed by that that is just the way it is, becuase in the end those in hell will wish they had listened and believed and those who did will be glad they listened. But in both cases they will not say I am glad they are not bothering me with that Jesus stuff now.

witchy_womyn

Dear Christians are under persecution all over the world, in some places they are killed for their faith, and this is something that happens every single say in the 1,000s sad to say. I have personally spoken to men who come from those nations where there is heavy persecution, and dear they do not just throw the word "persecution" around, I mean unless you think being shot and having your arms cut off, is not really persecution.

Christians here in the States use the term "persecution" far too loosely. Anyway, you called out SSB in a previous thread for calling you "luv" and yet you call me "dear". I'm not your girlfriend so please refrain from calling me pet names. I believe I've asked you more than once to stop.

Listen now, ( I get that from Charles Stanly ) we are not merely preaching our religon, we are trying to save people from an eternaty in hell, and if some folks are anoyed by that that is just the way it is, becuase in the end those in hell will wish they had listened and believed and those who did will be glad they listened.

Then perhaps you should do a better job of making Christianity seem more appealing. If you were the only example of Christianity I had to go by, I would rather spend eternity in hell. :roll:

then ignore the examples and look to Jesus instead..
the rest of us fall short of the mark quite frequently.

witchy_womyn

I am just what I say I am, A sinner saved by grace. And you do not have to have any repsect for me, it is not going cause me any lack of sleep.

To be honest with after the litterally hundreds of insults and threats that I gotton from wiccans, I do not have much respect for wicca, so we can mutually share in that feeling.

LOL, one wiccan called me a Nazi rapist and said that All Christians wanted to kill him, and you might think that he is the odd man out, sadlly he was not. All the ones that I talked to agreed with that line of thinking.

said--Christians here in the States use the term "persecution" far too loosely.

Perhaps, but you seem to paint that as a generality and not the exception. Besides there is a reall attack on the Christian faith in the US. They ripped out the 10 commandments from the public square, but did nothing about the bust of a pagan godess right accross the street HMMMMM where is the reall hyprocasy. And this is not isolated thing it happens all over the place.

That is just a minor attack on the faith, there are many more, but I doubt you would care.

Besides, are you ignoreing the Christians that are being killed in other places for their faith, or are they just using the word lossly as loosely as well?

Fine I won't call you dear any more, I just use that term when I talk to kids, so I geuss I fell into that habbit.

said--Then perhaps you should do a better job of making Christianity seem more appealing. If you were the only example of Christianity I had to go by, I would rather spend eternity in hell.

Oh brother, I can not change the heart of anyone, God does that. And the faith is not about me, it is about Jesus Christ. Besides you do not even know me, nor do you know what I do and do not do every for people. If you did know me personally you would certainly respect all that I do for others, but never the less it is not about me, but about Jesus Christ.

And by the way, if you knew what hell was all about you would not want to end up there, it is not going to be a picnic in the park. And you do not have just me to go by you have the Lord Jesus and his word, and I am not asking you to follow me, but to look to HIM the Lord of Lords, and the King of Kings.

As I said I am just another sinner, like any other. But praise be to God one that is saved by the grace of God.

Christians in the "west" , on the whole, have little experience of ACTUAL persecution. Actual persecution is the experience of MOST Christians in the rest of the world.

Some of us in the "west" do, and have, experienced actual persecution for our faith in Christ. Some of us have endured far more that name calling and the mockery of others, to the point where we have been physically assaulted and/or had our homes attacked. Even some have lost employment becuse of it!

witchy_womyn said:
witchy_womyn

Christians here in the States use the term "persecution" far too loosely. Anyway, you called out SSB in a previous thread for calling you "luv" and yet you call me "dear". I'm not your girlfriend so please refrain from calling me pet names. I believe I've asked you more than once to stop.

[quote:e8591]Listen now, ( I get that from Charles Stanly ) we are not merely preaching our religon, we are trying to save people from an eternaty in hell, and if some folks are anoyed by that that is just the way it is, becuase in the end those in hell will wish they had listened and believed and those who did will be glad they listened.

Then perhaps you should do a better job of making Christianity seem more appealing. If you were the only example of Christianity I had to go by, I would rather spend eternity in hell. :roll:[/quote:e8591]

Witchy womyn,

Henry is not polite enough to refrain or abide by your wishes. He has no respect for anyone who does not beleive as he does. I have asked him many times to not call me his little pet names and he refuses. Which is very rude and forward even in todays world.
I'am a Holyghost filled christian who speaks in tongues and I have been baptised in Jesus precious name.
How did you get into Wicce?

A couple of questions. Who is Yawhew of the OT? How did the Father have a "spirit child" without a wife?

Yahweh is the name of God.

How did Mary have a baby without having had sexual relations with a man?
Because God can cause a woman to conceive without impregnating her.

Hi Rosie! It's GOOD to see you back. It seems like you were gone an awful long time!

God bless, and have a blessed day!!!!!!! :biggrin

evanman,

Thanks for the answers, that I already knew ;), but I am looking for the Mormon specific answers. They are leading questions because I do know the answers already from a Mormon. I am waiting for GOD'S ARMY to respond and then I'll prove him wrong with Scripture (but don't tell him ;)).

Rose of Sharon

How nice of you to just drop in to insult me, funny that you would say such things about me, after all the names and insults that you have tossed at me.

Now, be honest with everyone. You hate me becuase I was in the Oneness Church and left it becuase I realized the lies and heresy they taught, and I am not afraid to call them on it.

But you on the other hand can say that trinitarians are not saved, and if a woman has short hair she does not love God, and that if we do not speak in tongues we are not filled and we have a false spirit and on and on.

Lets see you can talk all day long about how wicked and evil the RCC is, and what big lie the trinity is, and how we are all so worldy and pass judgement on my Church by looking at photos, and on and on.

Why is it that you can say we are wrong, but if I say YOU are wrong I am a hate monger, and rude and all that? And I at least have the respect to show the Biblical text for what i am saying. You just say it.

Typically oneness hyprocracy.

Thanks for reminding me to send out some more waringing in the Oneness Church.

Oh hey how about those oneness folks worshiping with the Pope, oh brother what a bunch of hypos.

topic_lock.gif
People, please don't make me do it. :sad
topic_lock.gif

Nah, Henry, I don't hate you. Real christians do not have hate in their hearts. They shouldn't anyway and if they do ,shame , shame and they should pray it out . It's just that what witchy womyn said reminded me of the time I went through with you calling me dear and I asked you to refrain from doing that and you would not. Not till I renounced my beleif to your way of thinking, you said.

I realized the lies and heresy they taught, and I am not afraid to call them on it.

I'm not afraid to call folks out on the accusation of our being heresy either, which is a lie.

Oh hey how about those oneness folks worshiping with the Pope, oh brother what a bunch of hypos.
[/quote]

Would you kindly fill me in on this one? This should be good. :roll: :wink:

Vic said:
topic_lock.gif
People, please don't make me do it. :sad
topic_lock.gif

Ah Vic,

I don't mean to be mean about Henry. :wink: I really do not hate him.
I'm sorry if I offended, but sometimes Henry needs some of his own medicine. But I will try hard to be nicer to him. Please don't lock the thread on my account.
Okay.

God bless

Don't worry, I'm not locking, not yet anyway! :wink: I just wish yhat everyone would play nice...at least fair.

Rose

said--Real christians do not have hate in their hearts.

Why beat around the bush, I know the inside scoop here. Let the room know that you think that the Oneness folks are the only "real" christians on the earth. Certainly you would never dare to say a trinitarian was a "real" Christian.

said--Not till I renounced my beleif to your way of thinking, you said.

Sorry that is not at all what I said.

said--I'm not afraid to call folks out on the accusation of our being heresy either, which is a lie.

Oh no, you have attacked and bashed the RCC and all others quite well. But here is the problem you have been shown clearly in the word of God, not just by me, but others as well, that the Oneness doctrines are not biblical. Your responce is the attack that person and ignore the biblical text.

Accusing one of heresy and proving it are two different things, and the Oneness teaching have been shown to be heresy time and time agian through out history.

said--Would you kindly fill me in on this one? This should be good.

You don't pay attentions, OH yes you have no TV so you do not know what goes on in the world, well your buddies the UPCI went to Rome and after kissing the Popes ring got his permission to worship there in the big ta do Church they have.

It was on the news dear. Oh I forgot part of UPC legalism says that TV is of the devil.

said--sometimes Henry needs some of his own medicine

A mis perception on your part, if you wish to give me my own medicine then show me biblical proof for your arguements.

Contary to you wishes I am not a "hate monger" as you have called me so many times.

KathiSharpe said:
Occult practices are actually (usually) *quite* select. I say that with a couple of contexts of the word:

- practices and traditions are often very precise and require definitive teaching. While certainly someone can read FluffWitch and become Wiccan in an afternoon, there's *REALLY* a lot more to it. Deeper occultists acknowledge that there's much hard work involved. Further, not everyone can be a witch. Many try (a la FluffWitch) but when there's seriousness involved, there's a great weeding out process that happens.

- Most pagans and occultists "select" - or choose - their path very carefully. Many do have a pass through Christianity (usually in childhood), and when something didn't "click" there for whatever reason, they explore the alternatives to fill that gaping spiritual hole in themselves. Most look into Buddhism, Hindi beliefs, and an assortment of New Age practices before settling into a pagan path.

There's more I could add, but no time to write an essay this afternoon. :)

I used to be pagan, which is why I know about this stuff...It's amazing to see Romans 8:28 at work in my life today. I have been saved for just under 4 years. :) I attend Calvary Church in the Triad of North Carolina, which is an Assemblies of God fellowship.

You and I are neighbors! I'm in Winston-Salem... :biggrin

Back