Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What do you want for CHRISTmas?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Silent night! Holy night
All is calm, all is bright
Round young virgin mother and child
Holy infant so tender and mild
Sleep in heavenly peace!
Sleep in heavenly peace!

Silent night! Holy night!
Shepherds quake at the sight
Glories stream from heaven afar
Heavenly hosts sing Hallelujah
Christ the Savior is born!

Son of God love's pure light
Radiant beams from thy holy face
With the dawn of redeeming grace,
Jesus, Lord at thy birth,
Jesus, Lord at thy birth!

Hark! The Herald Angels sing, glory to the newborn King
Peace on earth and mercy mild, God and sinners reconcile
Joyful all ye nations rise, join the triumph of the skies
With the angelic host proclaim, 'Christ is born in Bethlehem'

Hail, the Heaven born Prince of peace, hail the Sun of righteousness
Light and life to all he brings, risen with healing in his wings
Mild he lays his glory by, born that man no more may die
Born to raise the sons of earth, born to give them second birth

That sounds like fun. I know you will enjoy that. Help make peoples holiday a little brighter.

It does sound like fun. I haven't been out caroling in years. When we did do it, we (there were about ten of us) each had friends we wanted to carol fo, so we were all over hte town during the evening. We also stopped in at the nursing homes and long-term care facilities to carol the folks...indoors. That was a hoot, they loved it and joined in.

Silent night! Holy night
All is calm, all is bright
Round young virgin mother and child
Holy infant so tender and mild
Sleep in heavenly peace!
Sleep in heavenly peace!

Shepherds quake at the sight
Glories stream from heaven afar
Heavenly hosts sing Hallelujah

Son of God love's pure light
Radiant beams from thy holy face
With the dawn of redeeming grace,
Jesus, Lord at thy birth,
Jesus, Lord at thy birth!

Allow me to add the appropriately sweet music to underline the calm and peacefull lyrics of that old song. :mischief

(Don't get me wrong, I don't mean to mock "Silent Night". But this version is such an amazing contrast between the lyriccs and music it's putting a whole new dimension to the song. :lol Plus, it's a very powerful version. It's actually really beautiful: christian metal at its finest, shouting the message out in full volume instead of singing it like a lullaby.)

Allow me to add the appropriately sweet music to underline the calm and peacefull lyrics of that old song. :mischief

(Don't get me wrong, I don't mean to mock "Silent Night". But this version is such an amazing contrast between the lyriccs and music it's putting a whole new dimension to the song. :lol Plus, it's a very powerful version. It's actually really beautiful: christian metal at its finest, shouting the message out in full volume instead of singing it like a lullaby.)

Reminds me of E Nomine

Peace on earth and mercy mild, God and sinners reconcile
Joyful all ye nations rise, join the triumph of the skies
With the angelic host proclaim, 'Christ is born in Bethlehem'

Hail, the Heaven born Prince of peace, hail the Sun of righteousness
Light and life to all he brings, risen with healing in his wings
Mild he lays his glory by, born that man no more may die
Born to raise the sons of earth, born to give them second birth

A lot of truth there; in so many carols there is a wealth of sound doctrine about the Person and Work of the Lord Jesus: this time of the year makes for fine opportunities for testimony.

Blessings.

I like Christmas but it's always bitter sweet. I've had a few horrible Christmas days and I've had some reslly fantastic ones.

If I could have anything I wanted... I have up on that dream a long time ago... kinda. I still lie to myself that it could happen... but that's just not reality.

I do enjoy this time of the year though. Its fun to watch others enjoying themselves. To see them get excited and to hear all the stories.

Reminds me of E Nomine

Hehe, E Nomine is epic and monumental and has some great voice acting. It's entertaining, but most of it is too electronic for my taste, so personally I like the metal Silent Night a lot better. Although E Nomine is really fun.

But I'm surprised you know of E Nomine since most of it is in German and Latin. I had no idea they are known internationally.

I like Christmas but it's always bitter sweet. I've had a few horrible Christmas days and I've had some reslly fantastic ones.

If I could have anything I wanted... I have up on that dream a long time ago... kinda. I still lie to myself that it could happen... but that's just not reality.

I do enjoy this time of the year though. Its fun to watch others enjoying themselves. To see them get excited and to hear all the stories.

Now that's a cryptic post.
Whatever that dream is you gave up on... God can make all things become reality. :yes
Hope you will have a beautiful and exciting christmas this year.

Joy to the world, the Lord is come!
Let earth receive her King;
Let every heart prepare Him room,
And Heaven and nature sing,
And Heaven, and Heaven, and nature sing.

Joy to the earth, the Savior reigns!
Let men their songs employ;
While fields and floods, rocks, hills and plains
Repeat the sounding joy,
Repeat the sounding joy,
Repeat, repeat, the sounding joy.

No more let sins and sorrows grow,
Nor thorns infest the ground;
He comes to make His blessings flow
Far as the curse is found,
Far as, far as, the curse is found.

He rules the world with truth and grace,
And makes the nations prove
The glories of His righteousness,
And wonders of His love,
And wonders of His love,
And wonders, wonders, of His love.

Hey on the world side of Christmas there is Elvis and Blue Christmas... and Brenda Lee rocken around the Christmas tree. Wow i am old :)

Joy to the world, the Lord is come!
Let earth receive her King;
Let every heart prepare Him room,
And Heaven, and Heaven, and nature sing.

Joy to the earth, the Savior reigns!
Let men their songs employ;
While fields and floods, rocks, hills and plains
Repeat the sounding joy,
Repeat the sounding joy,
Repeat, repeat, the sounding joy.

No more let sins and sorrows grow,
Nor thorns infest the ground;
He comes to make His blessings flow
Far as, far as, the curse is found.

He rules the world with truth and grace,
And makes the nations prove
The glories of His righteousness,
And wonders of His love,
And wonders of His love,
And wonders, wonders, of His love.

Rejoice indeed! :)

Blessings.

The message in Joy to the World... is very powerful.. He is King He does reign ...This song echos the responsibility of the Church...

Hehe, E Nomine is epic and monumental and has some great voice acting. It's entertaining, but most of it is too electronic for my taste, so personally I like the metal Silent Night a lot better. Although E Nomine is really fun.

But I'm surprised you know of E Nomine since most of it is in German and Latin. I had no idea they are known internationally.

I remember just about enough German to figure it out. I play it because I like the hard, heavy beat of the music especially mitternacht.

Interesting.

I think questdriven would agree with you when you say that a throaty roar or scream in heavy metal is 'actually very beautiful: Christian metal at its finest'.

I remember just about enough German to figure it out. I play it because I like the hard, heavy beat of the music especially mitternacht.

I'm guessing their most famous song is "Vater unser" (The Lord's Prayer).
Music-wise it's awesome, but spiritually I'm taking a few issues with their treating the Lord's Prayer as a dramatic text rather than a holy text. They also add verses to it for a more dramatic and dark sounding effect. So I'm ambivalent about that song.
The voice acting is great though.

The message in Joy to the World... is very powerful.. He is King He does reign ...This song echos the responsibility of the Church...
Joy to the world! One of my favorite Christmas songs. Rockin' around the Christmas tree is an oldie but goodie. My wife has already been playing her favorite Christmas music Nat King Cole, also Perry Como, Burl Ives, Avalon, 4Him, too many to list.
My 1st daughter was born on Dec 25th. My wife's water broke just after midnight and early afternoon our daughter was born. It was a lot of fun, for me anyway :biggrin2. We were scared to death when we left the hospital with this tiny baby, well, again I was anyway. I was actually fortunate enough to take 5 weeks off work. She thinks it's pretty cool being born the same day we celebrate the birth of Jesus. I know all about the pagan origins, but why should I let that ruin it for her? We're going to enjoy celebrating his birth!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back