Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What Does Jesus Say About A Saved Person Becoming Unsaved ?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
If I rescue you from the flood....
I save you from the flood.
And how many times does it mean rescue from death rather than God putting someone in the afterlife? It never means God puts someone in afterlife. So, how was Paul saved? He was saved from people who would otherwise destroy him. This is a fact.

How does that negate the Prodigal being "alive" at birth ?
My post no. 97 doesn't make sense to you?
Think about it.

Jesus told Nicodemus that we must be born from above.
John 3:5 IOW, we must be born again.
AGAIN, because one time we are born physically and one time we are born spiritually.

If babies are already saved..THEY DON'T NEED to be born again.
So, obviously, Jesus is referring to persons that are already adults, already at the age of accountability.

And how many times does it mean rescue from death rather than God putting someone in the afterlife? It never means God puts someone in afterlife. So, how was Paul saved? He was saved from people who would otherwise destroy him. This is a fact.
I'm sorry 7thMoon, I don't really understand your point.

Jesus rescues/saves us from many things.
He said we would know the truth and the truth would set us free.

Free from what?
Is heaven our only goal?

Jesus came to teach us how to get to heaven, the afterlife as you call it.
But He also came to set up a spiritual kingdom here on earth to which all believers belong and to which they must contribute in order to make the kingdom be fruitful as Jesus wanted it to be.
In order to make the world a better place.

YOUR Kingdom come,
on earth,
As it is in heaven.
Matthew 6:10

My post no. 97 doesn't make sense to you?
Think about it.

Jesus told Nicodemus that we must be born from above.
John 3:5 IOW, we must be born again.
AGAIN, because one time we are born physically and one time we are born spiritually.

If babies are already saved..THEY DON'T NEED to be born again.
So, obviously, Jesus is referring to persons that are already adults, already at the age of accountability.
You believe babies who die go to hell ?

Jesus said that Judas was lost long before his betrayed Him.
He was never a believer:

Jhn 6:70
¶Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil?
This is your opinion CL.
It goes along with your general belief system.

Matthew 10:1-4
1Jesus called his twelve disciples to him and gave them authority to drive out impure spirits and to heal every disease and sickness.
2These are the names of the twelve apostles: first, Simon (who is called Peter) and his brother Andrew; James son of Zebedee, and his brother John;
3Philip and Bartholomew; Thomas and Matthew the tax collector; James son of Alphaeus, and Thaddaeus;
4Simon the Zealot and Judas Iscariot, who betrayed him.

Jesus would give authority to a devil?
I hope you realize that the gospels are not in chronological order.

Judas was saved. He was an Apostle.
He became unsaved in time.

You meant in the NT?
I thought you wanted examples of how a person could lose their faith.

I think you haven't quite grasped what I mean by tragedy.
Look around you. There are many grieving person around us.
Some of them look to God for help and strength,
Some of them lose their faith in God and abandon Him.

If you need verses, I'll be happy to post them.
There are multiple instances of grieving people in scripture suffering tragedy .
Right ?
Why then does not one of these instances in scripture result in one of these grieving, suffering believers in God losing their faith ,abandoning God and going to hell ?
Not a single instance of that happening can you cite.
Just the opposite every instance clearly shows God's Love only being reaffirmed to the suffering and grieving
You really believe people going to hell in this way was not important enough in God's mind to warn humanity about?

This is your opinion CL.
It goes along with your general belief system.

Matthew 10:1-4
1Jesus called his twelve disciples to him and gave them authority to drive out impure spirits and to heal every disease and sickness.
2These are the names of the twelve apostles: first, Simon (who is called Peter) and his brother Andrew; James son of Zebedee, and his brother John;
3Philip and Bartholomew; Thomas and Matthew the tax collector; James son of Alphaeus, and Thaddaeus;
4Simon the Zealot and Judas Iscariot, who betrayed him.

Jesus would give authority to a devil?
I hope you realize that the gospels are not in chronological order.

Judas was saved. He was an Apostle.
He became unsaved in time.
What was this tragic event of severe grief & suffering this saved Judas had:

" There are many grieving person around us....
...Some of them lose their faith in God and abandon Him." ( Wondering)

: that caused him to not only abandon Jesus, but arrange His murder.
I don't recall what the specific grief of Judas was ?
Could you post what exactly the tragedy was that caused Judas's suffering and made him arrange Jesus's murder ?

There are multiple instances of grieving people in scripture suffering tragedy .
Right ?
Why then does not one of these instances in scripture result in one of these grieving, suffering believers in God losing their faith ,abandoning God and going to hell ?
Not a single instance of that happening can you cite.
Just the opposite every instance clearly shows God's Love only being reaffirmed to the suffering and grieving
You really believe people going to hell in this way was not important enough in God's mind to warn humanity about?
Please exegete the following:

Romans 11:19-22
19You will say then, “Branches were broken off so that I might be grafted in.”
20Quite right, they were broken off for their unbelief, but you stand by your faith. Do not be conceited, but fear;
21for if God did not spare the natural branches, He will not spare you, either.
22Behold then the kindness and severity of God; to those who fell, severity, but to you, God’s kindness, if you continue in His kindness; otherwise you also will be cut off
Colossians 1:21-22
21And although you were formerly alienated and hostile in mind, engaged in evil deeds, 22yet He has now reconciled you in His fleshly body through death, in order to present you before Him holy and blameless and beyond reproach— 23if indeed you continue in the faith firmly established and steadfast,

What was this tragic event of severe grief & suffering this saved Judas had:

: that caused him to not only abandon Jesus, but arrange His murder.
I don't recall what the specific grief of Judas was ?
Could you post what exactly the tragedy was that caused Judas's suffering and made him arrange Jesus's murder ?
I don't believe you're understanding my posts.
You seem to be hooked on this tragedy thing.
I will no longer respond to anything except scripture.

I don't believe you're understanding my posts.
You seem to be hooked on this tragedy thing.
I will no longer respond to anything except scripture.
I understand perfectly .
You say that Judas first loved Jesus , but for some reason you are at a loss to come up with , he not only fell out of love for Jesus , but decided to arrange His murder as well .

"Judas was saved. He was an Apostle.
He became unsaved in time." (Wondering)

This despite already giving your stated rationale for people abandoning Him who they love more than a brother.
Just like Judas, so you assert.

I understand perfectly .
You say that Judas first loved Jesus , but for some reason you are at a loss to come up with , he not only fell out of love for Jesus , but decided to arrange His murder as well .

"Judas was saved. He was an Apostle.
He became unsaved in time." (Wondering)

This despite already giving your stated rationale for people abandoning Him who they love more than a brother.
Just like Judas, so you assert.
Please reply to post no. 111

What Does Jesus Say About A Saved Person Becoming Unsaved ?
I am unaware of anything in this regard,
Hi Consecrated Life

As I understand that Jesus said about salvation is that it doesn't even come until the day of God's judgment.

Only the one who perseveres to the end, WILL be saved. That's a future perfect reality. Even Paul says that in this life, we merely receive the Holy Spirit as our guarantee that we 'will' be saved.

God bless,
Ted

Hi Consecrated Life

As I understand that Jesus said about salvation is that it doesn't even come until the day of God's judgment.

Only the one who perseveres to the end, WILL be saved. That's a future perfect reality. Even Paul says that in this life, we merely receive the Holy Spirit as our guarantee that we 'will' be saved.

God bless,
Ted
I've not seen a scripture where Jesus indicates that .

I've not seen a scripture where Jesus indicates that .
What? You need me to give you the Scripture reference? You don't remember reading Jesus' words that only the one who perseveres to the end will be saved? Matthew 24:13

2nd Corinthians 1:22
2nd Corinthians 5:5
Ephesians 1:14
God bless,
Ted

You're welcome

Last edited:

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00