Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What does Joyce Meyers teach?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Helping others in need is just the right thing to do in general be it financial or labour. I never said giving service is wrong, but if you see that your help is being taken advantage of do you not think someone who really needs it should get it?, or, would you rather give your money to someone in need or someone who has a private jet, mercedes benz, $10M abode, and a church covered in luxury items?. Obviously that church doesn't need any financial help, and the money is not going to the 'lords people' and needs of the people. And they still say give and they have mega millions when others have nothing.

And I think its wrong to sell merchandice in God's house of prayer and fellowship, acturally quite disrespectful towards God. A church is suppose to be for prayer and fellowship, not entertainment and the sale of books and merchandice like many of these big churches have on site. They have turned Christs house of prayer and fellowship into a house of entertainment and trade.

If churches are going use the bible as an example and the words 'tithe and 10%' then best they be doing exactly what God says about tithe. Yet they dont, they have twisted God's rule of tithe and turned it into there own, the church is not God's storehouse in scripture, the Pastor is not a Levite, and its goes on. Its nothing to do with the tithe.
My town doesn't have a christian book store,so it's wrong for the churches that do have libraries and sell books by ministry,ministers?

So if I am healed and I felt lead to write it I should not be paid?

Many churches who know those that needs this will pay for it.so a we circle again
So you would rather your son go to a secular school to learn that being a transgender is ok,God didn't create ,but evolution is true..i do understand theistic argument on that side
Or is it a sin to pay for this,God did create,there's a heaven as the back drop?

Teachers who must go to college and have a license to teach must be paid.offerings won't do.my brother worked his tail off and sent his daughters to this as long as he could.

That's a great thing a church ought to do.can it be corrupted, anything a men does even this home church concept whereby i am my own pastor.

All i see it as, a house of prayer and fellowship should not be defiled with the trade of merchandice, that can be done elsewhere. If a church is there for prayer and fellowship then it shouldn't be disrespected and turned into a side trade market. Nothing should be bought or sold on the premises, its disrespectful to God. Its suppose to be a Holy place of prayer and fellowship.

Last edited:
Why not open up a bookstore then. What a great opportunity. Every town could do with a bookstore.
So that is ran and owned by church.

The difference in location is irrelevant as fir taxes purposes it's not exempt.it's also not wise as well go buy ,rent an edifice versus using a room already bought or in a mortgage.

Never mind the one in mind is open to the public on a church who also has a radio station that can't sell ads.they are a public radio station and rely on offerings.

Back