Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What does Joyce Meyers teach?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Fill us in on what you think Joyce Meyers teaches.
(If you're going to insist she only talks about $$ then produce the evidence of her cd's, etc., don't just say she does simply because she identifies with the prosperity gospel group.)

When I was searching for what really counts in the Christian life, God taught me, and it was so simple and covered in abundance in the Bible. It was so simple and in such abundance in the scripture in plain words (yet missed by so many) I asked God for confirmation of it. Joyce Meyers was one of those God used to confirm it. She has a special gift and ability to articulate the truth of what counts and how it applies to the everyday life of the Christian.

But of course, I expect this to go the way of bashing her obvious desire to have a CEO's salary for running her ministry.

At least there positive preachers. The Gospel is a positive message, Jesus wants everyone to be happy.

You are correct. I listen to Joyce Meyers here and there. She's ok. She may not be perfect but who is? I find her messages to have quite a bit of continuity with the Gospel.

No one has all of the answers, but that doesn't mean that they're false prophets or such. We're still to be rightly dividing the Word of God for ourselves. So we take the good and leave the bad...without judgement.

2Pe 3:14-18
Therefore, beloved, since you are waiting for these, be diligent to be found by him without spot or blemish, and at peace.
And count the patience of our Lord as salvation, just as our beloved brother Paul also wrote to you according to the wisdom given him,
as he does in all his letters when he speaks in them of these matters. There are some things in them that are hard to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do the other Scriptures. You therefore, beloved, knowing this beforehand, take care that you are not carried away with the error of lawless people and lose your own stability. But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.

I will not judge Mrs Meyers on her condition with God. But we can judge the words she 'preaches', and we should judge them according to the Bible.

For the most part, what she says is true. However, she will every now and again throw in something that is completely false. I do not know if this is just a 'mistake', but it happens regularly.

This is just one example, there are plenty more.

I know this thread got started from conversation about Hank, I found a video of him answering a call about Joyce. :)

I think we are all human and have our faults. Sometimes we say things, we then think about and wonder, how in the world we ever thought those things. I think there is a difference between teaching something and just saying something.

2Pe 3:14-18
Therefore, beloved, since you are waiting for these, be diligent to be found by him without spot or blemish, and at peace.
And count the patience of our Lord as salvation, just as our beloved brother Paul also wrote to you according to the wisdom given him,
as he does in all his letters when he speaks in them of these matters. There are some things in them that are hard to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do the other Scriptures. You therefore, beloved, knowing this beforehand, take care that you are not carried away with the error of lawless people and lose your own stability. But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.

I will not judge Mrs Meyers on her condition with God. But we can judge the words she 'preaches', and we should judge them according to the Bible.

For the most part, what she says is true. However, she will every now and again throw in something that is completely false. I do not know if this is just a 'mistake', but it happens regularly.

This is just one example, there are plenty more.

I listened to it, and looked up the scriptures and read them, and while I can see where she is treading on contentious ground...I don't have a problem with what she said. She covered herself pretty good there and...I can wrap my mind around it. I can think of quite a few scriptures that agree with her also. What exactly is your problem with what she said, Brother?
(1st vid)

I listened to it, and looked up the scriptures and read them, and while I can see where she is treading on contentious ground...I don't have a problem with what she said. She covered herself pretty good there and...I can wrap my mind around it. I can think of quite a few scriptures that agree with her also. What exactly is your problem with what she said, Brother?
(1st vid)

God did not call us 'little' gods. That's the problem. Read Pslam 82 and you will see the context of what 'gods' are.

This will only make sense to those who watched the videos...
"14But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and manifests through us the sweet aroma of the knowledge of Him in every place. 15For we are a fragrance of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing; 16to the one an aroma from death to death, to the other an aroma from life to life. " (2 Corinthians 2:14-15 NASB)

She's not just blowing smoke. She's interpreting a very real scripture. I personally think it's speaking figuratively, not literally, but if she says she has encountered demonic spirits that stink then who am I to say it's not so? I've never been in a situation to know one way or the other.

(I find it surprising that Hank did not know about this passage of scripture.)

Last edited:
(1st vid)
What got booted out of the church along with the gifts was the scriptural understanding of being in the very authority and power of God when operating in those gifts. Somewhere along the line the church got castrated via the false teaching that the supernatural gifts ended.

She was very careful to note that she's not saying we are GOD.

Also, the teaching that Jesus went to hell is not her teaching. I personally don't agree with it but I know where a person might come to that conclusion. It's an honest doctrine. Honestly wrong, maybe, but honest, nonetheless:

"having been put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit; 19in which also He went and made proclamation to the spirits now in prison" (1 Peter 3:18-19 NASB)

Like I said before, she may not be intentionally trying to lead people away or feed them poison, but I have no use to listen to her.

Kind of like eating candy. Tastes good, can even satisfy you, but it is of no value to your body - and too much of it does a lot of damage.

Back