Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What is all the Bible about?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Rev 1:6
[who]
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction
Strong's 2532: And, even, also, namely.

has made
ἐποίησεν (epoiēsen)
Verb - Aorist Indicative Active - 3rd Person Singular
Strong's 4160: (a) I make, manufacture, construct, (b) I do, act, cause. Apparently a prolonged form of an obsolete primary; to make or do.

us {to be}
ἡμᾶς (hēmas)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Accusative 1st Person Plural
Strong's 1473: I, the first-person pronoun. A primary pronoun of the first person I.

a kingdom,
βασιλείαν (basileian)
Noun - Accusative Feminine Singular
Strong's 932: From basileus; properly, royalty, i.e. rule, or a realm.

priests
ἱερεῖς (hiereis)
Noun - Accusative Masculine Plural
Strong's 2409: A priest, one who offers sacrifice to a god (in Jewish and pagan religions; of Christians only met.). From hieros; a priest.

to
τῷ (tō)
Article - Dative Masculine Singular
Strong's 3588: The, the definite article. Including the feminine he, and the neuter to in all their inflections; the definite article; the.

His
αὐτοῦ (autou)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Genitive Masculine 3rd Person Singular
Strong's 846: He, she, it, they, them, same. From the particle au; the reflexive pronoun self, used of the third person, and of the other persons.

God
Θεῷ (Theō)
Noun - Dative Masculine Singular
Strong's 2316: A deity, especially the supreme Divinity; figuratively, a magistrate; by Hebraism, very.

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

Father—
Πατρὶ (Patri)
Strong's 3962: Father, (Heavenly) Father, ancestor, elder, senior. Apparently a primary word; a 'father'.

Rev 1:9

because of
διὰ (dia)
Preposition
Strong's 1223: A primary preposition denoting the channel of an act; through.

the
τὸν (ton)
Article - Accusative Masculine Singular
Strong's 3588: The, the definite article. Including the feminine he, and the neuter to in all their inflections; the definite article; the.

word
λόγον (logon)
Noun - Accusative Masculine Singular
Strong's 3056: From lego; something said; by implication, a topic, also reasoning or motive; by extension, a computation; specially, the Divine Expression.

of God
Θεοῦ (Theou)
Noun - Genitive Masculine Singular
Strong's 2316: A deity, especially the supreme Divinity; figuratively, a magistrate; by Hebraism, very.

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

[my]
τὴν (tēn)
Article - Accusative Feminine Singular

testimony
μαρτυρίαν (martyrian)
Strong's 3141: Witness, evidence, testimony, reputation. From martus; evidence given.

about Jesus.
Ἰησοῦ (Iēsou)
Strong's 2424: Of Hebrew origin; Jesus, the name of our Lord and two other Israelites.

Rev 2: 26,27
And
Καὶ (Kai)
Conjunction

to the [one who]
ὁ (ho)
Article - Nominative Masculine Singular

is victorious
νικῶν (nikōn)
Verb - Present Participle Active - Nominative Masculine Singular
Strong's 3528: To conquer, be victorious, overcome, prevail, subdue. From nike; to subdue.

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

continues
τηρῶν (tērōn)
Strong's 5083: From teros; to guard, i.e. To note; by implication, to detain; by extension, to withhold; by extension, to withhold.

{in} My
μου (mou)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Genitive 1st Person Singular
Strong's 1473: I, the first-person pronoun. A primary pronoun of the first person I.

work
ἔργα (erga)
Noun - Accusative Neuter Plural
Strong's 2041: From a primary ergo; toil; by implication, an act.

until
ἄχρι (achri)
Preposition
Strong's 891: As far as, up to, until, during. Or achris akh'-rece; akin to akron; until or up to.

[the] end,
τέλους (telous)
Noun - Genitive Neuter Singular
Strong's 5056: (a) an end, (b) event or issue, (c) the principal end, aim, purpose, (d) a tax.

I will give
δώσω (dōsō)
Verb - Future Indicative Active - 1st Person Singular
Strong's 1325: To offer, give; I put, place. A prolonged form of a primary verb; to give.

authority
ἐξουσίαν (exousian)
Strong's 1849: From exesti; privilege, i.e. force, capacity, competency, freedom, or mastery, delegated influence.

over
ἐπὶ (epi)
Preposition
Strong's 1909: On, to, against, on the basis of, at.

the
τῶν (tōn)
Article - Genitive Neuter Plural

nations.
ἐθνῶν (ethnōn)
Noun - Genitive Neuter Plural
Strong's 1484: Probably from etho; a race, i.e. A tribe; specially, a foreign one.

He will rule
ποιμανεῖ (poimanei)
Verb - Future Indicative Active - 3rd Person Singular
Strong's 4165: To shepherd, tend, herd; hence: I rule, govern. From poimen; to tend as a shepherd of.

them
αὐτοὺς (autous)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Accusative Masculine 3rd Person Plural
Strong's 846: He, she, it, they, them, same. From the particle au; the reflexive pronoun self, used of the third person, and of the other persons.

with
ἐν (en)
Preposition
Strong's 1722: In, on, among. A primary preposition denoting position, and instrumentality, i.e. A relation of rest; 'in, ' at, on, by, etc.

an iron
σιδηρᾷ (sidēra)
Adjective - Dative Feminine Singular
Strong's 4603: Made of iron. From sideros; made of iron.

scepter
ῥάβδῳ (rhabdō)
Noun - Dative Feminine Singular
Strong's 4464: A rod, staff, staff of authority, scepter. From the base of rhapizo; a stick or wand.

[and] shatter [them]
συντρίβεται (syntribetai)
Verb - Present Indicative Middle or Passive - 3rd Person Singular
Strong's 4937: From sun and the base of tribos; to crush completely, i.e. To shatter.

ὡς (hōs)
Adverb
Strong's 5613: Probably adverb of comparative from hos; which how, i.e. In that manner.

pottery—
κεραμικὰ (keramika)
Adjective - Nominative Neuter Plural
Strong's 2764: Of clay, made by a potter, earthen. From keramos; made of clay, i.e. Earthen.

just as
ὡς (hōs)
Adverb
Strong's 5613: Probably adverb of comparative from hos; which how, i.e. In that manner.

I
κἀγὼ (kagō)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Nominative 1st Person Singular
Strong's 2504: To also, I too, but I. From kai and ego; so also the dative case kamoi, and accusative case kame and I, me.

have received [authority]
εἴληφα (eilēpha)
Verb - Perfect Indicative Active - 1st Person Singular
Strong's 2983: (a) I receive, get, (b) I take, lay hold of.

from
παρὰ (para)
Preposition
Strong's 3844: Gen: from; dat: beside, in the presence of; acc: alongside of.

My
μου (mou)

Father.
Πατρός (Patros)
Strong's 3962: Father, (Heavenly) Father, ancestor, elder, senior. Apparently a primary word; a 'father'.

Rev 3:1

These [are]
Τάδε (Tade)
Demonstrative Pronoun - Accusative Neuter Plural
Strong's 3592: This here, this, that, he, she, it.

the words
λέγει (legei)
Verb - Present Indicative Active - 3rd Person Singular
Strong's 3004: (a) I say, speak; I mean, mention, tell, (b) I call, name, especially in the pass., (c) I tell, command.

of the [One who]
ὁ (ho)

holds
ἔχων (echōn)
Strong's 2192: To have, hold, possess. Including an alternate form scheo skheh'-o; a primary verb; to hold.

the
τὰ (ta)
Article - Accusative Neuter Plural

sevenfold
ἑπτὰ (hepta)
Adjective - Accusative Neuter Plural
Strong's 2033: Seven. A primary number; seven.

Spirit
Πνεύματα (Pneumata)
Strong's 4151: Wind, breath, spirit.

of God
Θεοῦ (Theou)

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

the
τοὺς (tous)
Article - Accusative Masculine Plural

seven
ἑπτὰ (hepta)
Adjective - Accusative Masculine Plural
Strong's 2033: Seven. A primary number; seven.

stars.
ἀστέρας (asteras)
Strong's 792: A star. Probably from the base of stronnumi; a star, literally or figuratively.

Rev 3:2

for
γὰρ (gar)
Conjunction
Strong's 1063: For. A primary particle; properly, assigning a reason.

I have found
εὕρηκά (heurēka)
Verb - Perfect Indicative Active - 1st Person Singular
Strong's 2147: A prolonged form of a primary heuro, which heureo is used for it in all the tenses except the present and imperfect to find.

your
σου (sou)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Genitive 2nd Person Singular
Strong's 4771: You. The person pronoun of the second person singular; thou.

deeds
ἔργα (erga)
Strong's 2041: From a primary ergo; toil; by implication, an act.

incomplete
πεπληρωμένα (peplērōmena)
Verb - Perfect Participle Middle or Passive - Accusative Neuter Plural
Strong's 4137: From pleres; to make replete, i.e. to cram, level up, or to furnish, satisfy, execute, finish, verify, etc.

in the sight of
ἐνώπιον (enōpion)
Preposition
Strong's 1799: Neuter of a compound of en and a derivative of optanomai; in the face of.

My
μου (mou)

God.
Θεοῦ (Theou)

Rev 3:5

Like [them],
οὕτως (houtōs)
Adverb
Strong's 3779: Thus, so, in this manner. Or (referring to what precedes or follows).

the [one who]
Ὁ (HO)

is victorious
νικῶν (nikōn)
Strong's 3528: To conquer, be victorious, overcome, prevail, subdue. From nike; to subdue.

will be dressed
περιβαλεῖται (peribaleitai)
Verb - Future Indicative Middle - 3rd Person Singular
Strong's 4016: From peri and ballo; to throw all around, i.e. Invest.

in
ἐν (en)
Preposition
Strong's 1722: In, on, among. A primary preposition denoting position, and instrumentality, i.e. A relation of rest; 'in, ' at, on, by, etc.

white.
λευκοῖς (leukois)
Adjective - Dative Neuter Plural
Strong's 3022: White, bright, brilliant. From luke; white.

And
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

I will never blot out
ἐξαλείψω (exaleipsō)
Strong's 1813: To plaster, wash over; I wipe off, wipe out, obliterate. From ek and aleipho; to smear out, i.e. Obliterate.

his
αὐτοῦ (autou)

name
ὄνομα (onoma)
Noun - Accusative Neuter Singular
Strong's 3686: Name, character, fame, reputation. From a presumed derivative of the base of ginosko; a 'name'.

from
ἐκ (ek)
Preposition
Strong's 1537: From out, out from among, from, suggesting from the interior outwards. A primary preposition denoting origin, from, out.

the
τῆς (tēs)
Article - Genitive Feminine Singular

book
βίβλου (biblou)
Noun - Genitive Feminine Singular
Strong's 976: Properly, the inner bark of the papyrus plant, i.e. a sheet or scroll of writing.

of life,
ζωῆς (zōēs)
Strong's 2222: Life, both of physical (present) and of spiritual (particularly future) existence. From zao; life.

[but]
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

I will confess
ὁμολογήσω (homologēsō)
Strong's 3670: From a compound of the base of homou and logos; to assent, i.e. Covenant, acknowledge.

his
αὐτοῦ (autou)

name
ὄνομα (onoma)
Strong's 3686: Name, character, fame, reputation. From a presumed derivative of the base of ginosko; a 'name'.

before
ἐνώπιον (enōpion)
Preposition
Strong's 1799: Neuter of a compound of en and a derivative of optanomai; in the face of.

My
μου (mou)

Father
Πατρός (Patros)

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

His
αὐτοῦ (autou)

angels.
ἀγγέλων (angelōn)
Noun - Genitive Masculine Plural
Strong's 32: From aggello; a messenger; especially an 'angel'; by implication, a pastor.

Rev 3:12

The [one who]
Ὁ (HO)

is victorious
νικῶν (nikōn)

I will make
ποιήσω (poiēsō)
Strong's 4160: (a) I make, manufacture, construct, (b) I do, act, cause. Apparently a prolonged form of an obsolete primary; to make or do.

a pillar
στῦλον (stylon)
Noun - Accusative Masculine Singular
Strong's 4769: A pillar, support, column. From stuo; a post, i.e. support.

in
ἐν (en)
Preposition

the
τῷ (tō)

temple
ναῷ (naō)
Strong's 3485: A temple, a shrine, that part of the temple where God himself resides. From a primary naio; a fane, shrine, temple.

of
τοῦ (tou)
Article - Genitive Masculine Singular

My
μου (mou)

God,
Θεοῦ (Theou)

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

he will never again leave [it].
ἐξέλθῃ (exelthē)
Verb - Aorist Subjunctive Active - 3rd Person Singular
Strong's 1831: To go out, come out. From ek and erchomai; to issue.

Upon
ἐπ’ (ep’)
Preposition

him
αὐτὸν (auton)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Accusative Masculine 3rd Person Singular

I will write
γράψω (grapsō)
Strong's 1125: A primary verb; to 'grave', especially to write; figuratively, to describe.

the
τὸ (to)
Article - Accusative Neuter Singular

name
ὄνομα (onoma)

of
τοῦ (tou)

My
μου (mou)

God,
Θεοῦ (Theou)

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

the
τὸ (to)
Article - Accusative Neuter Singular

name
ὄνομα (onoma)

of the
τῆς (tēs)

city
πόλεως (poleōs)
Strong's 4172: A city, the inhabitants of a city. Probably from the same as polemos, or perhaps from polus; a town.

of
τοῦ (tou)

My
μου (mou)

God
Θεοῦ (Theou)

(the
τῆς (tēs)

new
καινῆς (kainēs)
Adjective - Genitive Feminine Singular
Strong's 2537: Fresh, new, unused, novel. Of uncertain affinity; new

Jerusalem
Ἰερουσαλήμ (Ierousalēm)
Strong's 2419: Of Hebrew origin; Hierusalem, the capitol of Palestine.

that
ἡ (hē)
Article - Nominative Feminine Singular

comes down
καταβαίνουσα (katabainousa)
Verb - Present Participle Active - Nominative Feminine Singular
Strong's 2597: To go down, come down, either from the sky or from higher land, descend. From kata and the base of basis; to descend.

out of
ἐκ (ek)
Preposition
Strong's 1537: From out, out from among, from, suggesting from the interior outwards. A primary preposition denoting origin, from, out.

heaven
οὐρανοῦ (ouranou)
Strong's 3772: Perhaps from the same as oros; the sky; by extension, heaven; by implication, happiness, power, eternity; specially, the Gospel.

from
ἀπὸ (apo)
Preposition
Strong's 575: From, away from. A primary particle; 'off, ' i.e. Away, in various senses.

My
μου (mou)

God),
Θεοῦ (Theou)

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

My
μου (mou)

new
καινόν (kainon)
Adjective - Accusative Neuter Singular
Strong's 2537: Fresh, new, unused, novel. Of uncertain affinity; new

name.
ὄνομά (onoma)

Rev 3:14

These [are]
Τάδε (Tade)

the words
λέγει (legei)
Strong's 3004: (a) I say, speak; I mean, mention, tell, (b) I call, name, especially in the pass., (c) I tell, command.

of the
ὁ (ho)

Amen,
Ἀμήν (Amēn)
Hebrew Word
Strong's 281: Of Hebrew origin; properly, firm, i.e. trustworthy; adverbially, surely.

the
ὁ (ho)

faithful
πιστὸς (pistos)
Adjective - Nominative Masculine Singular
Strong's 4103: Trustworthy, faithful, believing. From peitho; objectively, trustworthy; subjectively, trustful.

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

TRUE
ἀληθινός (alēthinos)
Strong's 228: True (lit: made of truth), real, genuine. From alethes; truthful.

Witness,
μάρτυς (martys)
Noun - Nominative Masculine Singular
Strong's 3144: A witness (judicially) or figuratively (genitive case); by analogy, a 'martyr'.

the
ἡ (hē)

Originator
ἀρχὴ (archē)
Noun - Nominative Feminine Singular
Strong's 746: From archomai; a commencement, or chief.

of God’s
Θεοῦ (Theou)

creation.
κτίσεως (ktiseōs)
Strong's 2937: From ktizo; original formation.

Rev 3:14

These [are]
Τάδε (Tade)

the words
λέγει (legei)

of the
ὁ (ho)

Amen,
Ἀμήν (Amēn)
Hebrew Word
Strong's 281: Of Hebrew origin; properly, firm, i.e. trustworthy; adverbially, surely.

the
ὁ (ho)

faithful
πιστὸς (pistos)
Strong's 4103: Trustworthy, faithful, believing. From peitho; objectively, trustworthy; subjectively, trustful.

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

TRUE
ἀληθινός (alēthinos)
Strong's 228: True (lit: made of truth), real, genuine. From alethes; truthful.

Witness,
μάρτυς (martys)
Strong's 3144: A witness (judicially) or figuratively (genitive case); by analogy, a 'martyr'.

the
ἡ (hē)

Originator
ἀρχὴ (archē)
Noun - Nominative Feminine Singular
Strong's 746: From archomai; a commencement, or chief.

of God’s
Θεοῦ (Theou)

creation.
κτίσεως (ktiseōs)
Strong's 2937: From ktizo; original formation.

Rev 3:21

To [the one]
αὐτῷ (autō)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Dative Masculine 3rd Person Singular

who
Ὁ (HO)

is victorious,
νικῶν (nikōn)

I will grant [the right]
δώσω (dōsō)
Strong's 1325: To offer, give; I put, place. A prolonged form of a primary verb; to give.

to sit
καθίσαι (kathisai)
Verb - Aorist Infinitive Active
Strong's 2523: Another form for kathezomai; to seat down, i.e. Set; intransitively, to sit; figuratively, to settle.

with
μετ’ (met’)
Preposition
Strong's 3326: (a) gen: with, in company with, (b) acc: (1) behind, beyond, after, of place, (2) after, of time, with nouns, neut. of adjectives.

Me
ἐμοῦ (emou)

on
ἐν (en)
Preposition

My
μου (mou)

throne,
θρόνῳ (thronō)
Strong's 2362: From thrao; a stately seat; by implication, power or a potentate.

just as
ὡς (hōs)
Adverb

I
κἀγὼ (kagō)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Nominative 1st Person Singular
Strong's 2504: To also, I too, but I. From kai and ego; so also the dative case kamoi, and accusative case kame and I, me.

overcame
ἐνίκησα (enikēsa)
Verb - Aorist Indicative Active - 1st Person Singular

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

sat down
ἐκάθισα (ekathisa)
Verb - Aorist Indicative Active - 1st Person Singular
Strong's 2523: Another form for kathezomai; to seat down, i.e. Set; intransitively, to sit; figuratively, to settle.

with
μετὰ (meta)
Preposition
Strong's 3326: (a) gen: with, in company with, (b) acc: (1) behind, beyond, after, of place, (2) after, of time, with nouns, neut. of adjectives.

My
μου (mou)

Father
Πατρός (Patros)

on
ἐν (en)
Preposition

His
αὐτοῦ (autou)

throne.
θρόνῳ (thronō)
Strong's 2362: From thrao; a stately seat; by implication, power or a potentate.

Rev 4:8-11

Day
ἡμέρας (hēmeras)
Strong's 2250: A day, the period from sunrise to sunset.

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

night
νυκτὸς (nyktos)
Strong's 3571: The night, night-time. A primary word; 'night'.

they never
ἔχουσιν (echousin)
Verb - Present Indicative Active - 3rd Person Plural
Strong's 2192: To have, hold, possess. Including an alternate form scheo skheh'-o; a primary verb; to hold.

stop
ἀνάπαυσιν (anapausin)
Strong's 372: Rest, cessation from labor, refreshment. From anapano; intermission; by implication, recreation.

saying:
λέγοντες (legontes)
Verb - Present Participle Active - Nominative Masculine Plural

“Holy,
Ἅγιος (Hagios)
Strong's 40: Set apart by (or for) God, holy, sacred. From hagos; sacred.

Holy,
ἅγιος (hagios)

Holy,
ἅγιος (hagios)

[is the] Lord
Κύριος (Kyrios)
Strong's 2962: Lord, master, sir; the Lord. From kuros; supreme in authority, i.e. controller; by implication, Master.

God
Θεός (Theos)

Almighty,
Παντοκράτωρ (Pantokratōr)
Strong's 3841: Ruler of all, ruler of the universe, the almighty. From pas and kratos; the all-ruling, i.e. God.

who
ὁ (ho)

was
ἦν (ēn)
Verb - Imperfect Indicative Active - 3rd Person Singular
Strong's 1510: I am, exist. The first person singular present indicative; a prolonged form of a primary and defective verb; I exist.

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

is
ὢν (ōn)
Strong's 1510: I am, exist. The first person singular present indicative; a prolonged form of a primary and defective verb; I exist.

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

is to come!�
ἐρχόμενος (erchomenos)
Verb - Present Participle Middle or Passive - Nominative Masculine Singular
Strong's 2064: To come, go.

And
Καὶ (Kai)
Conjunction

whenever
ὅταν (hotan)
Conjunction
Strong's 3752: When, whenever. From hote and an; whenever; also causatively inasmuch as.

the
τὰ (ta)
Article - Nominative Neuter Plural

living creatures
ζῷα (zōa)
Noun - Nominative Neuter Plural
Strong's 2226: An animal, living creature. Neuter of a derivative of zao; a live thing, i.e. An animal.

give
δώσουσιν (dōsousin)
Verb - Future Indicative Active - 3rd Person Plural

glory,
δόξαν (doxan)
Strong's 1391: From the base of dokeo; glory, in a wide application.

honor,
τιμὴν (timēn)
Strong's 5092: A price, honor. From tino; a value, i.e. Money paid, or valuables; by analogy, esteem, or the dignity itself.

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

thanks
εὐχαριστίαν (eucharistian)
Strong's 2169: Thankfulness, gratitude; giving of thanks, thanksgiving. From eucharistos; gratitude; actively, grateful language.

to the [One]
τῷ (tō)

seated
καθημένῳ (kathēmenō)
Verb - Present Participle Middle or Passive - Dative Masculine Singular
Strong's 2521: To sit, be seated, enthroned; I dwell, reside. From kata; and hemai; to sit down; figuratively, to remain, reside.

on
ἐπὶ (epi)
Preposition

the
τῷ (tō)

throne
θρόνῳ (thronō)

who
τῷ (tō)

lives
ζῶντι (zōnti)
Verb - Present Participle Active - Dative Masculine Singular
Strong's 2198: To live, be alive. A primary verb; to live.

forever
αἰῶνας (aiōnas)
Strong's 165: From the same as aei; properly, an age; by extension, perpetuity; by implication, the world; specially a Messianic period.

[and]
τῶν (tōn)
Article - Genitive Masculine Plural

ever,
αἰώνων (aiōnōn)
Strong's 165: From the same as aei; properly, an age; by extension, perpetuity; by implication, the world; specially a Messianic period.

the
οἱ (hoi)
Article - Nominative Masculine Plural

twenty-four
εἴκοσι (eikosi)
Adjective - Nominative Masculine Plural
Strong's 1501: Twenty. Of uncertain affinity; a score.

elders
πρεσβύτεροι (presbyteroi)
Adjective - Nominative Masculine Plural
Strong's 4245: Comparative of presbus; older; as noun, a senior; specially, an Israelite Sanhedrist or Christian 'presbyter'.

fall down
πεσοῦνται (pesountai)
Verb - Future Indicative Middle - 3rd Person Plural
Strong's 4098: A reduplicated and contracted form of peto; probably akin to petomai through the idea of alighting; to fall.

before
ἐνώπιον (enōpion)
Preposition

the [One]
τοῦ (tou)

seated
καθημένου (kathēmenou)
Verb - Present Participle Middle or Passive - Genitive Masculine Singular
Strong's 2521: To sit, be seated, enthroned; I dwell, reside. From kata; and hemai; to sit down; figuratively, to remain, reside.

on
ἐπὶ (epi)
Preposition

the
τοῦ (tou)

throne,
θρόνου (thronou)

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

they worship
προσκυνήσουσιν (proskynēsousin)
Strong's 4352: From pros and a probable derivative of kuon; to fawn or crouch to, i.e. prostrate oneself in homage.

Him who
τῷ (tō)

lives
ζῶντι (zōnti)
Verb - Present Participle Active - Dative Masculine Singular
Strong's 2198: To live, be alive. A primary verb; to live.

forever
αἰῶνας (aiōnas)

[and]
τῶν (tōn)
Article - Genitive Masculine Plural

ever.
αἰώνων (aiōnōn)

They cast
βαλοῦσιν (balousin)
Strong's 906: (a) I cast, throw, rush, (b) often, in the weaker sense: I place, put, drop. A primary verb; to throw.

their
αὐτῶν (autōn)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Genitive Masculine 3rd Person Plural

crowns
στεφάνους (stephanous)
Strong's 4735: A crown, garland, honor, glory. From an apparently primary stepho; a chaplet, literally or figuratively.

before
ἐνώπιον (enōpion)
Preposition

the
τοῦ (tou)

throne,
θρόνου (thronou)

saying:
λέγοντες (legontes)
Verb - Present Participle Active - Nominative Masculine Plural

“You are
εἶ (ei)
Verb - Present Indicative Active - 2nd Person Singular

worthy,
Ἄξιος (Axios)
Strong's 514: Worthy, worthy of, deserving, comparable, suitable. Probably from ago; deserving, comparable or suitable.

our
ἡμῶν (hēmōn)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Genitive 1st Person Plural

Lord
Κύριος (Kyrios)
Strong's 2962: Lord, master, sir; the Lord. From kuros; supreme in authority, i.e. controller; by implication, Master.

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

God,
Θεὸς (Theos)

to receive
λαβεῖν (labein)
Verb - Aorist Infinitive Active
Strong's 2983: (a) I receive, get, (b) I take, lay hold of.

glory
δόξαν (doxan)
Strong's 1391: From the base of dokeo; glory, in a wide application.

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

honor
τιμὴν (timēn)
Strong's 5092: A price, honor. From tino; a value, i.e. Money paid, or valuables; by analogy, esteem, or the dignity itself.

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

power,
δύναμιν (dynamin)
Strong's 1411: From dunamai; force; specially, miraculous power.

for
ὅτι (hoti)
Conjunction
Strong's 3754: Neuter of hostis as conjunction; demonstrative, that; causative, because.

You
σὺ (sy)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Nominative 2nd Person Singular

created
ἔκτισας (ektisas)
Verb - Aorist Indicative Active - 2nd Person Singular
Strong's 2936: To create, form, shape, make, always of God. Probably akin to ktaomai; to fabricate, i.e. Found.

all things;
πάντα (panta)
Adjective - Accusative Neuter Plural
Strong's 3956: All, the whole, every kind of. Including all the forms of declension; apparently a primary word; all, any, every, the whole.

by
διὰ (dia)
Preposition
Strong's 1223: A primary preposition denoting the channel of an act; through.

Your
σου (sou)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Genitive 2nd Person Singular

will
θέλημά (thelēma)
Strong's 2307: An act of will, will; plur: wishes, desires. From the prolonged form of ethelo; a determination, i.e. choice or inclination.

they exist,
ἦσαν (ēsan)
Verb - Imperfect Indicative Active - 3rd Person Plural

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

came to be.�
ἐκτίσθησαν (ektisthēsan)
Verb - Aorist Indicative Passive - 3rd Person Plural
Strong's 2936: To create, form, shape, make, always of God. Probably akin to ktaomai; to fabricate, i.e. Found.

42) Cold or Hot Anger?

• In Judges 2, we are told about the covenant between Yah.weh and the israelites!
  • But they kept disobeying Yah.weh!
  • As a consequence, Yah.weh permitted the inhabitants of Canaan to stay in Israel to push the Israelites in the wrong direction!
  • When Joshua died, the Israelites went after other gods!
  • And Yah.weh stroke them and they were in great distress!
  • And Yah.weh raised up judges to save them from their enemies!
  • But each time when a judge died, they went back to corruption and did worse than their forefathers!
  • And Yah.weh would strike them again and again!

16) The siblings of Jesus

Matthew 17:1

- James (Iakōbon) and (kai) John (Iōannēn) the (ton) brother (adelphon) of [James] (autou)

43) Cold or Hot Anger?

• In Judges 3, Yah.weh allows nations to stay in Canaan!
  • It was a way to test Israel!
  • Would they obey Yah.weh’s commandments he had given to their fathers through Moses!
  • Because of their constant unfaithfulness, they were put to the test!
  • As a consequence, they took their daughters as wives and their own daughters to their sons and thus they served their gods!
  • And the situation got worse and worse!
  • Today we can see exactly the same situation!
  • Nothing has changed and won’t change!
  • Thus Yah.weh will clean the earth!
  • Time will come when only those who obey Yah.weh’s commandments will get the promised land!
  • And only them!
  • SIMPLE!
  • It doesn’t matter if men don’t want to understand!
  • Yah.weh is the boss, not man!
  • That is divine balance, divine justice!
  • No human justice which is a joke!

17) The siblings of Jesus

Matthew 18:15

your (sou) brother (adelphos) = twice (in the faith)

Matthew 18:21

my (eme) brother (adelphos) = in the faith

Matthew 18:25

he (auton) along with (kai) [his] (tēn) wife (gynaika) and καὶ (kai) children (tekna)

Matthew 18:35

[your] (autou) brother (adelphō) = in the faith

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back