Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What is better?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
may I ask if Christmas is akin to the worship of ball with the Heshem. then are those that celebrate it with the full ordeal damned?
honest answer. yay or nay.

Celebrating Christmas or any other holiday with Pagan origins isn't the unforgivable sin. People who celebrate these festivals "with the whole ordeal", as you put it, are not forfeiting their salvation. But think of this analogy:

Imagine that you would drive your car going 60 mph in a 20 mph zone, going the wrong way down a one-way street. There are cars parked along the side of the road, and you run into many of them along the way, causing thousands of dollars worth of damage, before the police stop you. Will you lose your citizenship as a result? No. But will you have to pay a hefty fine and have to pay for the damage you caused and possibly even lose your driver's license? Yes. It is the same with many of God's laws. Violating them won't lose you your salvation (which can be seen as your citizenship in the Kingdom of God), but that doesn't mean we should ignore those rules, any more than we should ignore the traffic rules, just because we won't lose our citizenship for breaking them.

The TOG​

Celebrating Christmas or any other holiday with Pagan origins isn't the unforgivable sin. People who celebrate these festivals "with the whole ordeal", as you put it, are not forfeiting their salvation. But think of this analogy:

Imagine that you would drive your car going 60 mph in a 20 mph zone, going the wrong way down a one-way street. There are cars parked along the side of the road, and you run into many of them along the way, causing thousands of dollars worth of damage, before the police stop you. Will you lose your citizenship as a result? No. But will you have to pay a hefty fine and have to pay for the damage you caused and possibly even lose your driver's license? Yes. It is the same with many of God's laws. Violating them won't lose you your salvation (which can be seen as your citizenship in the Kingdom of God), but that doesn't mean we should ignore those rules, any more than we should ignore the traffic rules, just because we won't lose our citizenship for breaking them.

The TOG​
again, when the isrealites addad pagan rites to the temple. what was the reaction? judgement.

because messianic jew use the kabbalistic star of david. therefore what is the difference? see my point?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_of_David
note it depends on what the origin of that is. still even it is kabbalistic it doesn offend me. it may not be per that as it reference the karaite jews.
feel free not to use that or to use that. I say the same with the holidays if Halloween, birthdays, easter, valentines, and new years. im not for going into pagan countries and repeated that history only stating that we are so far from that time its not that noticeable.

greed made from the name of Jesus :shame. My sister let her kids go trick or treating when they were little, but they had to dress as a character from the Bible and hand out Christian tracts. Just buy them a bag of candy and apples without the added razor blade and keep them safe.
Greed?
You want to talk about greed?
I lost my Bible.
It's out of print.
I saw one and only one for sale online.
$3,400.00!
Now that's greed!

Well thank you, those listing are new since the last time I checked Amazon.
But still, look at the price.
When I bought mine new, it was $75.00.
Thanks for the checking, I'll still have to go without.
Still yet better, I bought a new large print Bible with no references.
I came to realize that after 30 years, I don't need the chain reference much anymore.

Still yet better, I bought a new large print Bible with no references.
I came to realize that after 30 years, I don't need the chain reference much anymore.
Welcome to the 'Know It All Club'!

(Hint: Only comment on things you really do know something about and don't indulge discussions you know little to nothing about, then people will think you know it all. :lol)

Welcome to the 'Know It All Club'!

(Hint: Only comment on things you really do know something about and don't indulge discussions you know little to nothing about, then people will think you know it all. :lol)
Okay Jethro, reveal to us what you really know about your own avatar.

When I was growing up, all the REAL Christians carried one.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back