Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What is the gay life style.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Nick_29 said:
Perhaps we're talking here about acceptance? Including them and not excluding them from society?

Are they excluded from society?

Their lobbyists in Washington are among the most influencal, and I do believe there are laws against discrimating against them for employment and so forth.

On a personal level, you cannot force people to like those whom they are uncomfortable with, no matter how many laws are passed. Generally speaking, I don't have a problem with them. I just have a problem with what they do, and especially when they cram it in my face on TV, movies, and in politics. THAT is what causes a backlash.

TheCatholic said:
Can't marry, can't visit each other in the hospital, can't adopt, can't give blood, can't teach in certain states, can't openly serve in the military, can't get a civil union, can't inherit property, can't donate organs in certain states. Yes, they are excluded in society on allot of levels.
Their lobbyists in Washington are among the most influencal, and I do believe there are laws against discrimating against them for employment and so forth.
Can you name any of these lobyists?

On a personal level, you cannot force people to like those whom they are uncomfortable with, no matter how many laws are passed.
No such laws say you have to like them. Only tollerate them.
Generally speaking, I don't have a problem with them. I just have a problem with what they do, and especially when they cram it in my face on TV
Change the channel.
Watch a different movie
, and in politics.
Sorry the government belongs to everyone,a nd every one deserves civil rights.
THAT is what causes a backlash.
Because they want to be equal and have all the same privleges and rights many take for granted?

Liberal Kool-Aid. They have the same rights as I do.

I can't marry another man and neither can a homosexual man.

As for the military: The military is not a democracy. If things aren't right, men die. That trumps political correctness.

As for changing the channel: Its getting to where it is in my face no matter where I turn, and frankly I'm sick of it.

As for the government, ITS MY GOVERNMENT TOO. Every time same-sex marriage is put to voters, it is promptly knocked down. Marriage is a union between one man and one woman. Period. You can't call a same-sex union a "marriage" any more than you can call an Apple Pie a Pizza.

But in fairness, if they want to inherit property from each other and all that jazz, thats fine with me. I don't care. Just don't re-define the sacred institution of marriage, and keep that filth off of my TV !!

The Gay lifestyle is one lifestyle that will cease when Christ Jesus comes to set up His kingdom on earth. You would think that those homosexuals would figure out that their lifestyle was an abomination to God Almighty. Oh well, they've been told over and over and over and over again.

i will add my two cents only in this area and then leave this topic as i have beat this before to death,

the military is not a democracy nor a civil right, it serves one purpose only. to defend the country.
yes, i'm against woman in the front lines, and co ed units, i believe in the old woman army corps. i know of some female soldiers who would agree.
no, i'm not racist and i have no qualms with minorties serving either, that not what i meant by that.

the military has its unique set of rules.ie one constitutional rights are abridged, for this statement i could loose my career over, and other posts.

did you all know that in order to be guilty of murder in a trial,( general court martial) the jury of 12 needs to only come to a resonable amount of evidence that pioints to the act, and that no enlisted may sit on the jury of an officer,but that doesn't apply to the enlisted.
so much for a jury of peers.

Solo said:
The Gay lifestyle is one lifestyle that will cease when Christ Jesus comes to set up His kingdom on earth. You would think that those homosexuals would figure out that their lifestyle was an abomination to God Almighty. Oh well, they've been told over and over and over and over again.

True enough.

But on the other hand, when we leave are bodies and become spirit, there won't be ANY kind of sex. :shrug

TheCatholic said:
Solo said:

True enough.

But on the other hand, when we leave are bodies and become spirit, there won't be ANY kind of sex. :shrug
The Gay Lifestyle is more than sex; it is rebelliousness towards God Almighty, pleasure over righteousness, and pride over humility to name a few.

from a first hand expericence and i say it lovingly, more like the verses it romans 1, the reprobate spirit, those are what described me when i was in that sin. i turned from the almighty almost immedialiety into that sin and boy what a fight it was to live that sin, the spirit pulled me one way and the devil told me it was ok. drove me nuts, but i would never admit it while i sat in the church pews thinking that i was ok
amazing that we can justify all manner of sin and think that's ok with the lord.

if i didnt recieve the intervention from the lord i often wonde where i would be, all thanks be to him, like all sins its self-destructive

Lance_Iguana said:
TheCatholic said:
Can't marry, can't visit each other in the hospital, can't adopt, can't give blood, can't teach in certain states, can't openly serve in the military, can't get a civil union, can't inherit property, can't donate organs in certain states. Yes, they are excluded in society on allot of levels.
Can you name any of these lobyists?

[quote:2xxm1pmx]On a personal level, you cannot force people to like those whom they are uncomfortable with, no matter how many laws are passed.
No such laws say you have to like them. Only tollerate them.
Generally speaking, I don't have a problem with them. I just have a problem with what they do, and especially when they cram it in my face on TV
Change the channel.
Watch a different movie
, and in politics.
Sorry the government belongs to everyone,a nd every one deserves civil rights.
THAT is what causes a backlash.
Because they want to be equal and have all the same privleges and rights many take for granted?[/quote:2xxm1pmx]
You're first line in this thread says "THIS IS IN NO WAY A PRO HOMOSEXUAL THREAD" Thats not the way I read this post. All of us are sinners and regardless of how you want to try to justify it homosexuality is a sin. This country was founded on biblical principles and it has become so politically incorrect to even sound anti-gay (or whatever politically correct word you care for me to use) that no one can even address the sin. God created marriage for a man and a woman--2 men or 2 women do not deserve the same marital privileges. Keep on trying to justify it but homosexuality is a SIN.

Westtexas

Yes, the Bible teaches that homosexuality is a sin. But why so much focus on one particular sin? Are there other sinful lifestyles? How about:

The Pride Lifestyle
The Deception Lifestyle
The Acting out of Anger Lifestyle
The Gossip Lifestyle
The Selfishness Lifestyle
The Jealous Lifestyle

Has anyone read the book "Respectable Sins" by Jerry Bridges (author of "The Pursuit of Holiness")? I haven't read it yet, but it sounds eye-opening.

JoJo said:
... Yes, the Bible teaches that homosexuality is a sin. But why so much focus on one particular sin? ...

um, :confused

Because that's what this thread is about. ... :yes :biggrin

OP = "What is the gay life style."

I guess that sin (homosexuality) is more focused upon because it demands to be more focused upon in our society.

Relic, I didn't mean in this thread alone. I meant in general. I guess I should have made that clear...

JoJo said:
Yes, the Bible teaches that homosexuality is a sin. But why so much focus on one particular sin? Are there other sinful lifestyles? How about:

The Pride Lifestyle
The Deception Lifestyle
The Acting out of Anger Lifestyle
The Gossip Lifestyle
The Selfishness Lifestyle
The Jealous Lifestyle

Has anyone read the book "Respectable Sins" by Jerry Bridges (author of "The Pursuit of Holiness")? I haven't read it yet, but it sounds eye-opening.
Because "What is the gay life style" is the name of the thread.

Start a thread on "The Pride Lifestyle," "The Deception Lifestyle," "The Acting out of Anger Lifestyle," "The Gossip Lifestyle," "The Selfishness Lifestyle," and "The Jealous Lifestyle," for comments on these sins.

JoJo said:
Relic, I didn't mean in this thread alone. I meant in general. I guess I should have made that clear...

yes, pride has much to do with it
so does deception, selfishness, etc.
Sin sprouts many branches that must be pruned.

Lance is not looking to the slavation of Jesus to help him stay out of the sin of homosexuality... He has many people praying for his salvation from this particular sin. Lance must have some conscience about it that is nagging him... else he would not be here trying to convince us Christians that homosexuality is a justifiable emotion/action/reasoning/etc. When all is right with the Lord God we have no nagging conscience but only the peace of God. There is nothing to prove to anyone when the Peace of God is resident. But only a false sense of peace which only temporary and inevitably disrupted when the spirit of deception is the spirit one depends upon for their sense of peace. There is no true resting in sin. The Holy Spirit is alway at work in the conscienceness. And when one chooses to ignore the call to salvation from sin(s), they have no rest. Hence, Prayers are a work in progress for the lost, but the time of reconcilliantion is of the Lord. If one chooses to be hardhearted... there is no peace... the conscience does not rest in sin... it only finds true resting in the purity of Holy Spirit.

Sin makes us cry out in the misery of and from it,
The Salvation of the Lord bring peace.

Jesus says, "Go and sin no more."
we are reminded, We are healed by HIS stripes.

Our only salvation is to LOOK TO CHRIST JESUS HOLY SPIRIT to rebuke the sin.

JoJo said:
No, I don't need to start new threads on those. I think I've made my point.
Stand against ALL sin. What is your position on the sin of homosexuality?

westtexas said:
You're first line in this thread says "THIS IS IN NO WAY A PRO HOMOSEXUAL THREAD" Thats not the way I read this post.
Wait what? Where is the promotion? You do know that in order to promote somthing, you have to say its Ok. Highlight and show everyone where I said it was.
All of us are sinners and regardless of how you want to try to justify it homosexuality is a sin.
Where did I say it isnt'?
This country was founded on biblical principles and it has become so politically incorrect to even sound anti-gay (or whatever politically correct word you care for me to use) that no one can even address the sin.
What? That not what I'm saying at all. IS this just a rant, or are you actually blaming me for this?
God created marriage for a man and a woman--2 men or 2 women do not deserve the same marital privileges.
This is not a topic is not about marriage. If you bring it up again I'll report you, since I'm not letting you hijack my topic.
Keep on trying to justify it but homosexuality is a SIN.

Westtexas
Where did I say it isn't? Please show me where, I'd like to see this? There is a differnece between human rights, our government, and Christianity. I'm not saying I have these rights in Christianity, but as American citizen.

Relic said:
JoJo said:
... Yes, the Bible teaches that homosexuality is a sin. But why so much focus on one particular sin? ...

um, :confused

Because that's what this thread is about. ... :yes :biggrin

OP = "What is the gay life style."

This thread isn't about sin, but what defines the Gay lifestyle.

Solo said:
JoJo said:
No, I don't need to start new threads on those. I think I've made my point.
Stand against ALL sin. What is your position on the sin of homosexuality?

Thanks for asking, Solo.

I follow the Bible. If the Bible says something is a sin, I believe it is a sin. Take 1 Corinthians 6:9-10. But I like the verse that follows it: "And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God." 1 Corinthians 6:11

Not one of us is without hope if we trust in the name of the Lord Jesus.

I say to my homosexual friends (and heterosexual ones too) and to myself, "Turn to Christ. Ask Him to show you all areas of sin. Confess your sins. Ask Him to forgive you of your sins. Trust in His forgiveness. Rejoice in His salvation."

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back