Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study What is the human soul?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Their is a debate among Christians on rather that is a parable or a real happening.
a parable doesn't have to have real people nor events to make the point. often its just a story to get the point across.

was there a literal king and serveant that jesus used to teach forgiveness? notice no name is mentioned at all. when Nathan rebuked king david he used a parable.

for the record. I don't believe in the idea of angels mating with men to produce half-angels/humans that are called the nephilum. jesus didn't preach to satan? he told him where he had to go. rebuking isn't preaching.that said, IM NOT going to go more into that here.
The Nephilum are recorded in the Old Testament.Some believe it and some do not.Satan was one of God's most valued Angels in heaven until he was cast out.Why would he preach to him?

The Nephilum are recorded in the Old Testament.Some believe it and some do not.Satan was one of God's most valued Angels in heaven until he was cast out.Why would he preach to him?
thus my case. fallen spirits(angels) which in Hebrew isn't the word ruach. the word spirit isn't an angel.unless im mistaken. anyway, those demons wouldn't need to hear the word. they already would know since they are in the lower portion of sheol. sheol had levels. the tzaddik were nearest to the earth or also if holy enough in gan eden(paradise). but that is going way into sheol. the only clues of the righteous there is when the mentioning of dead saints that rise and preach for forty days.

What is the human soul? Is the topic,,, Everlasting torment and Nephilum are not the human soul

Please stay on topic and be respectful of one another... Admin

Tim, my dear brother, I tried to make it clear I was not attacking you, but rather the doctrine you are teaching.

Please, let's be calm and talk this through, would you please consider me a brother that is interested in your best?:

I've read you have a bike, that means you probably work on it yourself, is that correct?

Then let me ask you, when you sharpen a drill, lath or mill bit, doesn't it become hot on the cutting edge, with little sparks coming over the top, ....there is a Proverb that says the same thing,

Iron sharpens iron, so a man sharpens the face of his friend. Pro 27:17

Iron is the most common element in the dirt, we just drag something magnet through it and it picks up the iron particles, ...we are dust, we are the iron and in the sharpening process we tend to heat up the face of the person we are sharpening, no, ...isn't that what is happen here?

So can we put on the love of Christ and dwell in humility and friendship towards one another as fraternal comrades?

What if God brought you and I together for a sharpening process?

Blessings,

Gene
Okay, no more personal junk. You haven't determined that the doctrine of Conditional Immortality is false, you have only assumed that it is.

So Starting with Romans 6:23, and going one verse at a time, using only scripture, tell me why the doctrine that believes the wages of sin is death is false.
Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Tell me why that is false.

Last edited:
[QUOTEor the record. I don't believe in the idea of angels mating with men to produce half-angels/humans that are called the nephilum. jesus didn't preach to satan? he told him where he had to go. rebuking isn't preaching.that said, IM NOT going to go more into that here.][/QUOTE]

Jason, when we are born again we don't pick and choose intellectually what we believe or don't believe in the Bible, but rather we are taught by revelation from the Holy Spirit what is Truth 1 Jn 2:27, however, God is a gentleman and won't force Himself on us in any way, so if we make up our mind not to believe what He has written then He will respect our will and allow that, if we chose to not believe what He has written we are opening ourselves up to deception, which Jesus warned us to be careful about Matt 24:4, because the end result is tragic, Paul tells us those that don't believe the Word are opposing themselves and opening up themselves to the trap or snare of the devil, once they are ensnared only God can grant them repentance to believe the Truth. 2 Tim 2:25, 26.

Here are several different versions of 2 Tim 2:25, please note it's not automatic that God grants repentance to those that are deceived.

In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; KJV

in meekness correcting them that oppose themselves; if peradventure God may give them repentance unto the knowledge of the truth, ASV

Gently guiding those who go against the teaching; if by chance God may give them a change of heart and true knowledge, BBE

Be humble when you correct people who oppose you. Maybe God will lead them to turn to him and learn the truth.
CEV

in meekness setting right those who oppose, if God perhaps may sometime give them repentance to acknowledgment of the truth, DRB

He must be gentle in correcting those who oppose the Good News. Maybe God will allow them to change the way they think and act and lead them to know the truth. GW

Jason, you coming out of the JW should know first hand about deception, so may I suggest you consider what the Word teaches.

1. The Nephilium or giants of Gen 6 were the children of the Sons of God having sexual relations with human women, who the Sons of God were is told to us in the Book of Job, they are angels, Job 1:6, 2:1, 38:7, the first two references were written under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, but the last reference is God Himself declaring who the Sons of God are.

2. Satan isn't in Hell, that is a common Dante misconception, we are told Satan is the prince of this earth Jn 14:30 and the prince of the power of the air Eph 2:2, so he is ruling on this earth presently and has access to Heaven Job 1:6.

3. The abussos is where the Sons of God (demons) of Gen 6 are being kept for judgement Jude 1:6, it's to them Jesus preached, why, because they hadn't seen the work Jesus accomplished on the Cross, triumphing over them like all of the other demonic beings had Col 2:14, 15

Blessings,

Gene

Thanks bro, kind of foolish to be at odds with one another when we are going to spend eternity together.

So Starting with Romans 6:23, and going one verse at a time, using only scripture, tell me why the doctrine that believes the wages of sin is death is false.

I don't, the wages of sin is death.

Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Tell me why that is false.

It's not, the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Blessings,

Gene

[QUOTEor the record. I don't believe in the idea of angels mating with men to produce half-angels/humans that are called the nephilum. jesus didn't preach to satan? he told him where he had to go. rebuking isn't preaching.that said, IM NOT going to go more into that here.]

Jason, when we are born again we don't pick and choose intellectually what we believe or don't believe in the Bible, but rather we are taught by revelation from the Holy Spirit what is Truth 1 Jn 2:27, however, God is a gentleman and won't force Himself on us in any way, so if we make up our mind not to believe what He has written then He will respect our will and allow that, if we chose to not believe what He has written we are opening ourselves up to deception, which Jesus warned us to be careful about Matt 24:4, because the end result is tragic, Paul tells us those that don't believe the Word are opposing themselves and opening up themselves to the trap or snare of the devil, once they are ensnared only God can grant them repentance to believe the Truth. 2 Tim 2:25, 26.

Here are several different versions of 2 Tim 2:25, please note it's not automatic that God grants repentance to those that are deceived.

In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; KJV

in meekness correcting them that oppose themselves; if peradventure God may give them repentance unto the knowledge of the truth, ASV

Gently guiding those who go against the teaching; if by chance God may give them a change of heart and true knowledge, BBE

Be humble when you correct people who oppose you. Maybe God will lead them to turn to him and learn the truth.
CEV

in meekness setting right those who oppose, if God perhaps may sometime give them repentance to acknowledgment of the truth, DRB

He must be gentle in correcting those who oppose the Good News. Maybe God will allow them to change the way they think and act and lead them to know the truth. GW

Jason, you coming out of the JW should know first hand about deception, so may I suggest you consider what the Word teaches.

1. The Nephilium or giants of Gen 6 were the children of the Sons of God having sexual relations with human women, who the Sons of God were is told to us in the Book of Job, they are angels, Job 1:6, 2:1, 38:7, the first two references were written under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, but the last reference is God Himself declaring who the Sons of God are.

2. Satan isn't in Hell, that is a common Dante misconception, we are told Satan is the prince of this earth Jn 14:30 and the prince of the power of the air Eph 2:2, so he is ruling on this earth presently and has access to Heaven Job 1:6.

3. The abussos is where the Sons of God (demons) of Gen 6 are being kept for judgement Jude 1:6, it's to them Jesus preached, why, because they hadn't seen the work Jesus accomplished on the Cross, triumphing over them like all of the other demonic beings had Col 2:14, 15

Blessings,

Gene

Gene, I think that about 99% of all Bible Seminaries teach that the Sons of God were the sons of the line of Noah's son Seth and the daughters of man were from the line of Cain.

Not saying that is what I believe. Not sure about what the Jews teach from the Hebrew Text of Genesis, which is where I'm pretty sure Jason would be coming from. Jason is Jewish.

Hi Deborah,

Gene, I think that about 99% of all Bible Seminaries teach that the Sons of God were the sons of the line of Noah's son Seth and the daughters of man were from the line of Cain.

I can believe that, I've talked with seminary men that don't believe Jesus is God, but do we believe what men teach or what is written in the Word of God, especially when God said the Sons of God were angels before man had been created? Job 38:7

Another thing, if that be so, then the children of Seth are still marring the children of Cain, but where are the giants today?

Thanks for the update on Jason, but blindness has come upon the Jews, if Jason wants to learn then he must be taught by the Holy Spirit just like the rest of us, true there are many wonderful nuances and teachings we can glean from Jewish tradition and customs, but.the New Covenant declares it is the Holy Spirit that teaches us, for there is neither Jew nor Greek in Christ Jesus.

Blessings,

Gene

Hi Deborah,

I can believe that, I've talked with seminary men that don't believe Jesus is God, but do we believe what men teach or what is written in the Word of God, especially when God said the Sons of God were angels before man had been created? Job 38:7

Another thing, if that be so, then the children of Seth are still marring the children of Cain, but where are the giants today?

Thanks for the update on Jason, but blindness has come upon the Jews, if Jason wants to learn then he must be taught by the Holy Spirit just like the rest of us, true there are many wonderful nuances and teachings we can glean from Jewish tradition and customs, but.the New Covenant declares it is the Holy Spirit that teaches us, for there is neither Jew nor Greek in Christ Jesus.

Blessings,

Gene

Jason, is also a born again Christian. I just mentioned that he is Jewish because very often he has good insight in the Hebrew language and idioms, etc. He is quite knowledgeable of a lot of OT and NT scripture.

Things like Genesis 6, are things that have been debated by the best of Christians. There is always the same view. I'm not really concerned with those much. It's like eschatology, many different views been they are not do not effect our salvation.

first off, it would behoove the person said I was blind to actually know what the jw actually teach. they believe in the nephilum unless they have changed that idea.

next I don't because where in the bible does it say satan can create life? since satan isn't in hell, he can mate and take anyform he wishes. serpent seed is forbidden here and its also a no-no in the church. it would imply a race of humans that aren't salvable. myriads of problem. all that came from the book of enoch. most of it.the jews today don't believe in the nephilum.

the irony here is that you didnt go after those that believe in the idea of soul sleep/annilationism. that is in the jw doctrine.all the arguments you are posting for or against that idea are also in jewry. word for word.(nephilum).

my church is split on that and there is no doctrinal position on it. I asked.

Jason, is also a born again Christian. I just mentioned that he is Jewish because very often he has good insight in the Hebrew language and idioms, etc. He is quite knowledgeable of a lot of OT and NT scripture.

Things like Genesis 6, are things that have been debated by the best of Christians. There is always the same view. I'm not really concerned with those much. It's like eschatology, many different views been they are not do not effect our salvation.

Wow, I really messed up the last para. of my post. Sheesh It should read.....
Things like Genesis 6, are things that have been debated by the best of Christians. There isn't always the same view. I'm not really concerned with those much. It's like eschatology, many different views but they do not effect our salvation.

the larger concern of mine that if the angels can bread, we wouldn't know anyway and whom of that nature are allowed in nature and can be reach.

the larger concern of mine that if the angels can bread, we wouldn't know anyway and whom of that nature are allowed in nature and can be reach.

Did you have time or can you read Post #109, about the Hebrew word for Soul?
The article about that word?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back