Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What is unconditional election, and is it biblical?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I assure everyone here, that yes, election is taught, and yes, God makes the choice.

Eph 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places,
Eph 1:4 even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love
Eph 1:5 he predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will,
Eph 1:6 to the praise of his glorious grace, with which he has blessed us in the Beloved.

Joh 6:37 All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never cast out.

Joh 6:44 No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. And I will raise him up on the last day.

Joh 6:61 But Jesus, knowing in himself that his disciples were grumbling about this, said to them, "Do you take offense at this?
Joh 6:62 Then what if you were to see the Son of Man ascending to where he was before?
Joh 6:63 It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh is no help at all. The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life.
Joh 6:64 But there are some of you who do not believe." (For Jesus knew from the beginning who those were who did not believe, and who it was who would betray him.)
Joh 6:65 And he said, "This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless it is granted him by the Father."
Joh 6:66 After this many of his disciples turned back and no longer walked with him.

I assure everyone here, that yes, election is taught, and yes, God makes the choice.

Eph 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places,
Eph 1:4 even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love
Eph 1:5 he predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will,
Eph 1:6 to the praise of his glorious grace, with which he has blessed us in the Beloved.

Joh 6:37 All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never cast out.

Joh 6:44 No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. And I will raise him up on the last day.

Joh 6:61 But Jesus, knowing in himself that his disciples were grumbling about this, said to them, "Do you take offense at this?
Joh 6:62 Then what if you were to see the Son of Man ascending to where he was before?
Joh 6:63 It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh is no help at all. The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life.
Joh 6:64 But there are some of you who do not believe." (For Jesus knew from the beginning who those were who did not believe, and who it was who would betray him.)
Joh 6:65 And he said, "This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless it is granted him by the Father."
Joh 6:66 After this many of his disciples turned back and no longer walked with him.

The bible teaches election but not Calvinistic type of election.

The bible teaches corporate election, not the random, unconditional election of certain lucky individuals.

Election and predestination are not being challenged by me. Calvinism is not the only biblical model advocating election and predestination. The Catholics have taught these things for a 1000 years before Calvin. TULIP and Calvin's view distorts the biblical teaching, that is my suggestion.

Rom 5:18,19 does not teach unconditional election.

Rom 5:18 "Therefore as by the offence of one [judgment came] upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one [the free gift came] upon all men unto justification of life. "

Rom 5:19 "For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous."

We saw from v18 that the benefit of Christ' death is available to 'all men' affected by sin entering the world and does not just benefit certain individuals God supposedly unconditionally, randomly elected.

Note in v19 Paul said many were made sinners and many were made righteous.

Nowhere does Paul say they were made sinners or made righteous by some random, unconditional choice of God against their will. In Rom 5:12 Paul says "for all have sinned". Men chose to sin that is why he was made a sinner. In Rom 5;1,2 men choose to have faith, so men who choose to have faith are made righteous. So men are not made sinners or made righteous against their will and without their choice by some random, unconditional choice of God.

So men choose to sin, but are not born sinners? is that what you are saying?

I still don't know how you are using Romans 5: 18-19 as an argument against unconditional election, unless your saying we have a choice to be sinners or not. Is that what you are saying and using Romans 5: 18-19 to prove? I would say that man's will is to sin by nature and that's what the bible clearly says.

I would say that man's will is to sin by nature and that's what the bible clearly says.

Perhaps you could clarify what you personally understand by election and predestination... Some basic questions are:

• Are all Christians elected and predestined to be saved?
  • Are all non-christians elected and predestined to go to hell?
  • Are all actions and choices elected and predetermined?
  • Do we have a choice to reject Christ if we are saved?
  • Do we have a choice to accept Christ if we are damned?

So men choose to sin, but are not born sinners? is that what you are saying?

I still don't know how you are using Romans 5: 18-19 as an argument against unconditional election, unless your saying we have a choice to be sinners or not. Is that what you are saying and using Romans 5: 18-19 to prove? I would say that man's will is to sin by nature and that's what the bible clearly says.

The bible says men are not born sinners, but innocent.

Man is not first a sinner before he commits sins. One has to first commit sin THEN he is a sinner. A newly concieved person is not capable of sinning. John defined sin as transgression of the law and a newly conceived person is unable to transgress the law, he cannot lie, steal, fornicate, murder, etc.

Men do choose to sin, so that is why he was made a sinner.

Men choose to have faith, so that is why he was made righteous.

Therefore man is either a sinner or is righteous based on a choice man makes and not due to some random, unconditional choice God forces upon man against man's will.

So if you are a lost sinner, it's because you chose to sin and God did not force you to be a sinner by pre-choosing you to be that way against your will.

If you are righteous, it's because you chose to have faith and be reckoned righteous and God did not pre-choose you and force you to be that way against your will.

Yes, God makes choices but He doesn't choose whether or not a individual will be saved. These passages in context don't support that idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
Piper is wrong.

Rom 5:18 "Therefore as by the offence of one [judgment came] upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one [the free gift came] upon all men unto justification of life."

The same "all men" to condemnation are the same "all men" unto justification.

Paul's point is this, mankind has received both condemnation and justification of life (grace) Tts 2:11.

Paul is NOT saying "all men" received condemnation and these same "all men"will receive justification of life for that would be Universalism.

Paul is saying all who have been affected by sin entering the world through Adam and condemned can take advantage of Christ's crucifixion to remedy that sin. As one commentator more aptly puts it " Paul asserts that the benefits of the death of Christ are available to as many who are also affected by the fact that sin was introduced into the world."

It was NOT just the supposed Calvinistic elect who have been affected and condemned by sin entering the world but all mankind therefore it is all mankind that the benefit of Christ's death is available to.

Piper mentioned a few verses he thinks proves limited atonement I will touch on a couple for I don't have the time for all.

Piper says "1 John 2:2, "He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world."
The "whole world" refers to the children of God scattered throughout the whole world."

John is writing to Christians so Christians is "ours" and "but" is a contrasting word. So Christ did not die just for the sins of those who are Christians BUT for the sins of the whole world which is made up of Christians and non-Christians alike.

Piper says "There are many Scriptures which say that the death of Christ was designed for the salvation of God's people, not for every individual. For example:
John 10:15, "I lay down my life for the sheep." The sheep of Christ are those whom the Father draws to the Son. "You do not believe, because you do not belong to my sheep." Notice: being a sheep enables you to become a believer, not vice versa. So the sheep for whom Christ dies are the ones chosen by the Father to give to the Son."

Here is a post of mine from another forum covering this topic:

John 8:47 "He that is of God (belongs to God) heareth God's words: ye therefore hear [them] not, because ye are not of God."

This verse is similar to John 10:26 "But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you." In Jn 8:47 hearing does not mean just hearing an audible noise but carries the idea of an obedient hearing, understanding, perceiving, it carries the same idea as believing. One that hears Christ believes Christ. So the same argument I make for Jn 8:47 is the same for Jn 10:26.

In the context leading up to verse 47 in John chapter 8, there are two issues: 1) belief and 2) belonging to God that are being presented. To understand verse 47 in its context, one needs to understand that Jesus and the Jews are not dealing with these two issues on the same level, not with the same perspective.

(1) the issue of believing

In Jn 8:30,31 we are told the the Jews believed but yet in verse 45 it says the Jews believe not. This is not a contradiction for in verses 30 and 31 the type of belief the Jews had was a superficial, mental assent of the mind belief only that does not make one a disciple. But the belief Jesus speaks of that makes one a 'disciple indeed' in verse 31 is a self-sacrificing, totally obedient, complete commitment to Christ type belief. This type of belief can be possessed only by those who are already disciples. So we have two different levels of belief spoken about in the context; the kind these Jews had and the kind Christ said they should have to be disciples indeed.

(2) the issue of belonging to God

The Jews said they were children of Abraham, verse 33 and ultimately children of God, verse 41. Simply through physical birth, the Jews were the seed of Abraham and therefore born into a covenant relationship with God. In this sense they belong to God by means of being born into a covenant relationship.

On the other hand, Jesus acknowledged that Abraham was the father of these Jews, verse 37, yet at the same time Jesus tells them their father is the devil, verse 44. Again, this is not a contradiction for they were the physical seed of Abraham yet the devil was their spiritual father. So the Jews on one level saw themselves belonging to God by being the physical descendants of Abraham while Jesus saw belonging to God on another level not through physical means but spiritual.

So with this background in mind we can look at verse 47.

Verse 47a Jesus says "He that is of/belongeth to God heareth (believeth) God's words:..."

Looking at 47a from the Jews' perspective, the Jews saw themselves being of God because they were the physical descendants of Abraham and therefore born into a covenant relationship with God. We were told the Jews believed in verse 30 and 31 but this was not the type of belief that makes them disciples of Christ.

Looking at 47a from Christ's perspective, the Jews did not spiritually belong to God but to the devil and the Jews did not have the kind of belief (hearing) that would make them disciples indeed.

So to paraphrase this verse from Christ's perspective:

"He that is spiritually of God is My disciple indeed: you Jews are not My disciples for you are of your spiritual father the devil."

So we have Christ's perspective that one belongs to God in the spiritual sense not simply belonging to God by being physically born as the Jews saw it. Jesus saw that the type of belief that makes one a disciple is one of total obedience and commitment and not a simple mental acknowledgment as the Jews had.

So the context has nothing at all to do with the Calvinistic idea of predestination in that one cannot believe or belong to God unless God first chose you before the beginning of the world. That idea puts blame and culpability upon God. The context has to do with the different perspectives between Christ and those Jews as to what it means to believe and belong to God.

A very good scriptural response to the doctrine of Predestination/election.

The statement by Danus is an argument based solely on the concept of satisfaction which is also unscriptural. It is a misunderstanding of the fall. What happened in the fall?

Adam sinned, but that is not where it ends. Sin, the consequence of that sin was loss of life. Man lost his eternal existance. Man was taken by satan and fell into his power which was death. Man was condemned to die, dust to dust, Gen 3:19. Because man physically is so connected to the material world, having been made from dust, the world itself was also subjected to corruption and decay.

What does this mean?

It means that Satan has complete control over this world and what happens to it. The world, along with man is all dissolved by death. Corruption and decay, man simply ceases to exist as a human being.

Since man, now a mortal being, living in a state of death cannot save himself. How can a mortal man give himself immortality or eternal existance? How could man even atone for his own sin, let alone the sin of the world?

Christ came to overcome this death and sin. Christ freed mankind, the world from the bondage to death and sin. He accomplished two significant works by His life and resurrection.

Christ became man, assumed our fallen human natues in order to raise that nature to life. If death to man came through his nature, then life must also be brought through that same nature.

The primary work is Christ's Incarnation and resurrection. By His resurrection He gave eternal existance, (life) to the world, all men. This world will not be dissolved by death. Satan and his power of death Heb 2:14 has been destroyed.
Christ also fulfilled the law and became the perfected Lamb for the one-time sacrifice atoning for the sin of the world.

While we were yet sinners Christ died for the ungodly. There is no wrath here, there is no understanding that God's justice must be satisfied because some higher law than God must be revenged.

It is Love, Mercy and Justice toward man. God in His great love came down and became man, so that we might become like Christ to share in His Divine Nature. Mercy in that God brought man and the world back to the prefall condition whereby man could freely join with God in an eternal relationship.

Justice: Besides just defeating Satan and destroying his hold over this creation, God thought it quite unjust that man, all men, should be condemned to death on the one sin of one man. God desired and created man so that each man could freely choose to either be with God or reject Him. Not be condemned by one man to annihilation. Not that this would be so catistrophic for man, but that God was unable to follow through with His plan of creating man, a creature after His own Image in order to have union and communion with Him for an eternity.

Now, Satan and death is defeated, God is in control. And man can freely respond to God again with eternal consequences. Man's individual salvation is all based on man's free volitional, rational decision and to remain as well. All men now have the same choice, are under the very same commandment as as Adam in the beginning.

Christ did not save some as predestination states. He also did not come to satisfy some higher authority than God to assuage some kind of injustice done to God.

Christ did not save individual man to some sort of union or even save man from hell. Without Christ's work of redemption of the world, there is no such thing as hell. Who would exist eternally to be in heaven or hell when man was already condemned to death, dust to dust.

There can be no such thing as a limitation upon the work of Christ. He assumed our human natures and did all of this work through His Incarnation and healed our mortal nature, gave life to it again. A limited atonement or particular salvation is a direct denial of the Incarnation and the salvfic content of that Incarnation.

Here are some of the more direct texts that all speak of the universality of death, and the universality of Christ overcoming death.

Gen 3:15, Gen 3:19, Rom 5:12, Rom 5:18, I Cor 15:13-23 with a very direct summary, an equation in both Rom 5:18 and I Cor 15:22, Heb 2:12-14.
Additional texts, Rom 11:32, II Cor 5:18-19, Col 1:20, Acts 24:15, John 6:39, Rev 20:12-13. Rom 3:23-25. There are others, but these are the most straightforward and direct regarding Christ overcoming death and why He is called the Savior of the world, John 4:42, I John 4:14.

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps you could clarify what you personally understand by election and predestination... Some basic questions are:

• Are all Christians elected and predestined to be saved?
  • Are all non-christians elected and predestined to go to hell?
  • Are all actions and choices elected and predetermined?
  • Do we have a choice to reject Christ if we are saved?
  • Do we have a choice to accept Christ if we are damned?

Great questions. Thanks.

Are all Christians elected and predestined to be saved?
Anyone can wear the Christian label and call themselves a Christian, so we first have to qualify what a Christian is. The simplest way I can think of, is to use John 3:7, Jesus says- 7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again...... These are the saved, elect, and predestined, those who are born again, converted, regenerated with a new nature.

Are all non-christians elected and predestined to go to hell?
Using the same qualifications we used to define what is a Christian in your first question, the answer to this one is yes.

Are all actions and choices elected and predetermined?
Yes, simply because there are no alternatives in time. You can not change the past. You can not predict the future, and the present is what it is. If a man has no desire for God in the present or the past, he may or may not have a desire for God in the future. He may tell himself he has no desire for God and never will, and then does at some point in his future. All choices any man makes are by his strongest inclination.

Do we have a choice to reject Christ if we are saved?
No, because the saved are in God's will not their own. This question coincides with irresistible grace, which says that those who obtain salvation do so, not by their own "free" will, but because of the sovereign grace of God. That is, men yield to grace, not finally because their consciences were more tender or their faith more tenacious than that of other men. Rather, the willingness and ability to do God's will, are evidence of God's own faithfulness to save men from the power and the penalty of sin, and since man is so corrupt that he will not decide and cannot be wooed to follow after God, God must powerfully intervene. We can look at many reformers views on this, but the bible says it better. John 10:27-30 27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. 30 I and the Father are one.â€

Do we have a choice to accept Christ if we are damned?
The non-elect do not freely choose Christ. Some say they do, but anyone who falls away is non-elect. Look around. Go to the street and see how many people you can get to choose Christ. Those who will are called to do so. Those who do not are not. It could be that they might be called later, or maybe not. That is not for us or them to decide, bit for God alone at his choosing and will. However, anyone who earnestly seeks Christ will find Him. Jesus saves those who can not save themselves. There is no need to save a man who is righteous. That man can save himself.

I'll add another thought. Can you change you destination? When we say pre-destination, we are saying that a destination has already been determined. To use the strongest example; we all know for 100% sure that some day we will physically die. That can not be changed. It's pre-determined. Also, how we will die is also pre-determined. There is a future. We can say we alter it, but that's not true since there is no alternative. For example, one could say; "well I know how I will die, I'll jump off a cliff" and then go do that. But, we can't say that was not pre-determined because there is no alternative to that happening. It's done. We can say that they chose to do that by their own free will. We can say God allowed it by his own will. But, what if they where unsuccessful?

Anyone who Loves God, is born again in the grace of God; realizing His mercy and forgiveness on their life in their sin, should have no problem with the idea of predestination, or being chosen by God. In this life we can know Mercy, and Grace, and Love, and Forgiveness when it is offered. It is irresistible.

I see. So Romans 5 18 proves that Unconditional election, which says God chooses whom he will save basically, is false because Romans 5:18 says 18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life. correct?

We still have a problem to solve. Because, just because " the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life." unlike the offence of one condemned all, not all are saved by the righteousness of one. Correct? That is to say some are not saved. would you agree?

Other than being unscriptural from beginning to end, Calvinism is predicated on that the fall is particular, that God created only some men to be in union with Him, thus God only saved some by some unknown lottery method. A lot of other protestant theology is also only based on sin, not death. Solving sin does absolutely nothing for man, nor God for that matter. Man still does not have an eternal existance.
Also the underlying foundation for Calvinism is that God saved some unto a relationship. Christ did not save man individually from the Cross. Christ saved the world from death, so that man and God could have an eternal existance, but more importantly, one with Him. God did not create some men for this purpose, but all men. God is not a respector of persons in any sense of the word.

So the answer to the question, did Christ save all men? Absolutely, not only all men but the world itself from death. Most overlook that man is already condemned to death, dust to dust, which constitutes the fall. Christ is saving us from the consequences of the fall.

Great questions. Thanks.

Thanks for answering them.

Calvinism appealed to people when Europe was desperate for a hero to replace the Catholic church. Calvin was placed on a pedestal because they were desperate. I am not desperate for a hero; so on further analysis; his ideas are insane!

I recommend that you read more on this subject from the Early Church Fathers, whom Calvin gave lip service to. Calvin got lost in his own cunning. He was a politician after all. He wrote two books on theology, and 88 books on politics. He was financed to set up a political establishment for "christians". Calvin personally saw to it that Catholic priests were burnt at the stake. He watched them burn and cheered. Is this is the man that you idolize?

Thanks for answering them.

Calvinism appealed to people when Europe was desperate for a hero to replace the Catholic church. Calvin was placed on a pedestal because they were desperate. I am not desperate for a hero; so on further analysis; his ideas are insane!

I recommend that you read more on this subject from the Early Church Fathers, whom Calvin gave lip service to. Calvin got lost in his own cunning. He was a politician after all. He wrote two books on theology, and 88 books on politics. He was financed to set up a political establishment for "christians". Calvin personally saw to it that Catholic priests were burnt at the stake. He watched them burn and cheered. Is this is the man that you idolize?

I was hoping to speak more on the doctrines. I usually do not answer anything like this in regard to comments that are not about the subject, but you did ask some good questions about Unconditional election.

I posted it to draw out Christians on this forum who hold to Arminius theologies, and I always find it easy to stir up a hornets nest with direct doctrines that will draw out those who disagree.

Most of the time I find that people don't want to discuss it. They usually degrade the conversation to talking about Calvin rather than the doctrines. They will also accuse me or, whom ever, of being an idiot Calvinist who knows nothing of anything other theologies but john Calvin and then they will correct history for me. We never seem to get beyond the answers to the questions asked.

So for the record, I do not worship John Calvin, or any one particular theologian. I agree with Calvin for the most part, but I can find hundreds of teachers I agree with for the most part. Calvin was not the only one to say the things he said, he just had one of the most unique spins on it. I honestly don't care if John Calvin eat babies for breakfast. That's not what this thread is about.

I answered your questions, if you have any more please let me know, and thank you again for the great questions.

I answered your questions, if you have any more please let me know, and thank you again for the great questions.

Thanks Danus. You have approached the subject of election and predestination from a strict Calvinist perspective, so it is a little difficult to remove Calvin from the subject. The subject would be more objective if you open it up to a scriptural discussion in general, and not a plug for Calvinism. As I said: "I recommend that you read more on this subject from the Early Church Fathers, whom Calvin gave lip service to." Seeing the doctrine within a historical context shows all of us more respect.

Thanks Danus. You have approached the subject of election and predestination from a strict Calvinist perspective, so it is a little difficult to remove Calvin from the subject. The subject would be more objective if you open it up to a scriptural discussion in general, and not a plug for Calvinism. As I said: "I recommend that you read more on this subject from the Early Church Fathers, whom Calvin gave lip service to." Seeing the doctrine within a historical context shows all of us more respect.

Your right. I will work on that, because I don't quite know how.

Re: What is unconditional election, and is it biblical?

It really is no more than Salvation by Grace through Faith, and Yes it is Biblical, in fact it is Gospel Truth !

Salvation is by Grace through Faith, not of works [or conditions] lest anyman should boast !

Paul says the same thing here Rom 11:5-6

5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

I have not fully made up my mind about Calvin. If you could answer some questions I would appreciate it.

When Jesus says pray for more workers or pray that God's will be done on Earth as it is in heaven what does he mean? Why would we pray that God's will be done if everything is God's will?

The implication of this is the the elect were specifically grouped into places like the Bible belt where countries like China are full of the non elect. Why do you think this is? Why are Christians unevenly distributed if we are the salt of the Earth?

When Satan tempted Jesus what was he thinking? Was it even though nothing can happen I should play the role of Satan? If Satan is smarter than us is his understanding of Metaphysics wrong? Does he not think he has some chance or could have some effect? Or is he merely God's play actor?

Similarily is reality basically a scripted play? For instance when Jesus preformed miracles was this just for show? Like God has already determined who will believe so is a miracle really needed? Isn't it a little over the top? And when Jesus said I speak in parables because if I spoke plainly they may believe and be forgiven what did he mean? How could there be a chance a non elect would believe? Why is it needed to be careful?

Despite the tone of my questions I am very open to answers. I recently believed in Calvins ideas and I am new in my theology. I am also very interested in the nature of reality according to the Bible. Thanks.

It needs to be remembered that there are several strands to Calvin's thinking (and some of it is from Calvin's followers). There is his emphasis on the sovereignty of God in the Gospel (and here I would agree there is Biblical evidence for this, John 6; Ephesians 1, etc.).

He was also one who saw the church and Israel as basically the same, and as a dispensationalist I struggle with this.

I have not fully made up my mind about Calvin. If you could answer some questions I would appreciate it.

When Jesus says pray for more workers or pray that God's will be done on Earth as it is in heaven what does he mean? Why would we pray that God's will be done if everything is God's will?

The implication of this is the the elect were specifically grouped into places like the Bible belt where countries like China are full of the non elect. Why do you think this is? Why are Christians unevenly distributed if we are the salt of the Earth?

When Satan tempted Jesus what was he thinking? Was it even though nothing can happen I should play the role of Satan? If Satan is smarter than us is his understanding of Metaphysics wrong? Does he not think he has some chance or could have some effect? Or is he merely God's play actor?

Similarily is reality basically a scripted play? For instance when Jesus preformed miracles was this just for show? Like God has already determined who will believe so is a miracle really needed? Isn't it a little over the top? And when Jesus said I speak in parables because if I spoke plainly they may believe and be forgiven what did he mean? How could there be a chance a non elect would believe? Why is it needed to be careful?

Despite the tone of my questions I am very open to answers. I recently believed in Calvins ideas and I am new in my theology. I am also very interested in the nature of reality according to the Bible. Thanks.

Now these are the kind of question I like. Some I've pondered myself.

I will answer these, but forgive me. It's late and I will be out of pocket tomorrow as I have a funeral to attend to...(bummer), but I will make note of these and get back to you. In the mean time someone else might take a crack at them, But we'll try to keep it in line with Unconditional election.

Some of these I don't think I can answer biblicaly.They basically come down to what's the point if it's all planed out anyway, but I think we can dig into them.

Now these are the kind of question I like. Some I've pondered myself.

I will answer these, but forgive me. It's late and I will be out of pocket tomorrow as I have a funeral to attend to...(bummer), but I will make note of these and get back to you. In the mean time someone else might take a crack at them, But we'll try to keep it in line with Unconditional election.

Some of these I don't think I can answer biblicaly.They basically come down to what's the point if it's all planed out anyway, but I think we can dig into them.
Cool I look forward to it.

Back