Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

what other "biblical" bible would you add?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

YogiD2

There are books like enoch, and gospel of thomas and others, what books would you add? And what other books have you read and why?

I believe God decided what books would end up in the Bible, although He did it through men. I wouldn't add anything to it. As for reading, I think it's OK to read anything, as long as we remember to compare it's teachings to Scripture.

The TOG​

One day a biology teacher (a super teacher) asked me if I was aware of all the extra genetic material made during cell replication. The rest of the story is that extra DNA is examined for errors, and if any errors are found that material is laid aside .

I scratched my head and wondered why I got that question. About two days later a discussion of extra Bible books arose. Bam. A TOG type thought hit me. The books were examined and laid aside.

eddif

There are books like enoch, and gospel of thomas and others, what books would you add? And what other books have you read and why?
I've read a few of the "other" gospels and one "other" apocalypse. I wouldn't add them to the Canon.
Are there any books that are in the Canon that you would have left out? (Such as, maybe, Hebrews, since nobody knows who wrote it, or maybe Esther or Song of Songs?)

Enoch, and the book of Jasher, since their endorsed by reference in the canonized bible. Plus neither one has contradicted scripture that I can tell.

I've read a few of the "other" gospels and one "other" apocalypse. I wouldn't add them to the Canon.
Are there any books that are in the Canon that you would have left out? (Such as, maybe, Hebrews, since nobody knows who wrote it, or maybe Esther or Song of Songs?)
I wrote the following in my pamphlet "Jesus Christ & the Prophet Paul:" To me and others, these indicate that Paul authored Hebrews.

Many don't attribute the "Epistle of Hebrews" to the Apostle Paul, but 2 Thessalonians 3:17-18 says, "The salutation of Paul with mine own hand, which is the token in every epistle: so I write. (18) The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen." This is the way Paul signed off in his letters to these different churches, and Hebrews 13:25 closes with "Grace be with you all. Amen."
Hebrews 10:34 says "For ye had compassion of me in my bonds."

As to Esther and The Song of Songs, they are examples exemplifying the bride of Christ, and the attributes necessary to be included in that rank of the resurrection.
Rev 19:7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
Rev 19:8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness (Or righteous acts) of saints.

Blessings in Christ Jesus.

Last edited:
Enoch, and the book of Jasher, since their endorsed by reference in the canonized bible. Plus neither one has contradicted scripture that I can tell.
Im with you I did not find contradiction. and it gave me a better understanding of OT times.
I would not add or remove anything from the Bible. these other books are ok to read.imo

Revelation 22:18-19 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book; 19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Last edited:
Im with you I did not find contradiction. and it gave me a better understanding of OT times.
I would not add or remove anything from the Bible. these other books are ok to read.imo

The book of Enoch, in the very first chapter says that it is for a distant future generation. IMO, that's us. It was lost for many years, but resurfaced in the mid 20th century. Coincidence? Not in Gods kingdom.

The thing is though, is that the book is no longer canon. But ask yourself, what are you looking for in the book? What is it's purpose? I don't look for the Gospel in Enoch. Nor do I seek doctrine. What it does do is to fill in holes in biblical stories, which doesn't contradict scripture, but can help us to better understand the scripture as we know it.

As far as rejecting it goes...I would bet money that every single person on this board, would agree that Enoch was a righteous man and scribe, for the scripture says so. I mean wow, Enoch was so righteous that God took him. So it makes perfect sense to reject his book, right? (Not).

:wink

Only the Holy Bible is the true book to read.No others.
are you saying one should not read any other book or commentary only the bible?
or are you saying one should not read the two other books mentioned in the bible?

are you saying one should not read any other book or commentary only the bible?
or are you saying one should not read the two other books mentioned in the bible?
I am saying that one should hear the word only from the Holy Bible.If you choose to read other books that is your choice.Revelation 22:18-19 does not say it is ok to read any other books other than the Bible.I think it is dangerous to hear the word from any other source than the Holy Bible.

I am saying that one should hear the word only from the Holy Bible.If you choose to read other books that is your choice.Revelation 22:18-19 does not say it is ok to read any other books other than the Bible.I think it is dangerous to hear the word from any other source than the Holy Bible.

I agree doctrine and how we live our life should only come from the Bible not other books. When I read them I was not seeking doctrine, I only read them because they were mentioned in the bible and I had this crazy thought that if they are mentioned by name in the bible they can not be bad. I just got a better understanding of OT life, and some things were expounded upon that were basic short stories in the bible.

I wrote the following in my pamphlet "Jesus Christ & the Prophet Paul:" To me and others, these indicate that Paul authored Hebrews.

Many don't attribute the "Epistle of Hebrews" to the Apostle Paul, but 2 Thessalonians 3:17-18 says, "The salutation of Paul with mine own hand, which is the token in every epistle: so I write. (18) The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen." This is the way Paul signed off in his letters to these different churches, and Hebrews 13:25 closes with "Grace be with you all. Amen."

As to Esther and The Song of Songs, they are examples exemplifying the bride of Christ, and the attributes necessary to be included in that rank of the resurrection.
Rev 19:7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
Rev 19:8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness (Or righteous acts) of saints.

I actually wasn't saying they should be removed, I was just using those books as examples of which might be removed, as a springboard for discussion.

How about the Apocalypse of John? It seems problematic for it to have been written by John the Apostle.

I actually wasn't saying they should be removed, I was just using those books as examples of which might be removed, as a springboard for discussion.

How about the Apocalypse of John? It seems problematic for it to have been written by John the Apostle.
Interesting, and may I ask why?

I really am not positive about this:
Where you insert "Or righteous acts"
"Rev 19:7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
Rev 19:8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness (Or righteous acts) of saints."

I tend to wonder if Revelation 6:11 is where the right for / the actual garment comes from (being martyred saints). If I am wrong and convince others I am right I am in terrible error.

A lot of the time it is what we write in the margin that is the problem and not the original. Every time I do the biology / creation thing, I pray that I have not gotten off into error. I Corinthians 14:29 says our speaking forth should be weighed by others. Now that statement has at least five different interpretations according to background. Fear and trembling is sometimes the word of the day.

eddif

I really am not positive about this:
Where you insert "Or righteous acts"
"Rev 19:7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
Rev 19:8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness (Or righteous acts) of saints."

I tend to wonder if Revelation 6:11 is where the right for / the actual garment comes from (being martyred saints). If I am wrong and convince others I am right I am in terrible error.

A lot of the time it is what we write in the margin that is the problem and not the original. Every time I do the biology / creation thing, I pray that I have not gotten off into error. I Corinthians 14:29 says our speaking forth should be weighed by others. Now that statement has at least five different interpretations according to background. Fear and trembling is sometimes the word of the day.

eddif
Dear Boother eddif, Strongs G1345 has one meaning of the word “Righteousnss” as a righteous act or deed.
Rev 19:8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness G1345 of saints.

A different interpretation is that of the word “Righteousness” which we read in 1 Jn 3:7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness G1343 is righteous, even as he is righteous. Strongs 1343 renders this: in a broad sense: state of him who is as he ought to be, righteousness, the condition acceptable to God.

This all has to do with the bride who will be the joint heir of Christ. All born of God are heirs, but not all suffer or endure with Him. Rom 8:17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; IF so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together. This is a reward for her service of faith and love.

Everything we are is due solely on the basis of Jesus’ shed blood, and because of that all in Christ will be clothed in white. 1 Cor 1:29 That no flesh should glory in his presence. 1Co 1:30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

You also said: "I tend to wonder if Revelation 6:11 is where the right for / the actual garment comes from (being martyred saints). If I am wrong and convince others I am right I am in terrible error."
To me the Smyrna church are one part of the bride
Rev 2:10 Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life. These represent those that die before Jesus' coming for them in the air; the others are them alive which patiently keep the word of God of Rev 3:10, the Philadelphia church. These two of the seven churches have crowns. Worthy of a queen?
:wave2

Last edited:
Back