Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Whatcha' Cooking?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Angel

Let's start a thread that has pictures of what we cooked for dinner! It'll be fun. And if something looks good we can swap recipes!

Tonight I made Lasagna!

Im having roast tenderloin with mushroom risotto fries and parsnip creamed spinach.

Not really. Its more like baked beans on toast in a couple hours when i can be bothered getting my lazy behind off the couch.

Lasagne is good. Garfield is my favourite cat.

Do you guys eat kiwifruit in NZ?

Im having roast tenderloin with mushroom risotto fries and parsnip creamed spinach.

Not really. Its more like baked beans on toast in a couple hours when i can be bothered getting my lazy behind off the couch.

Lasagne is good. Garfield is my favourite cat. Grumpy cat is pretty cool as well.

LOL

Suppose some people do. I dont. I use to work on a kiwifruit farm. Still dont know why its called kiwifruit when its not even from here. Chinese gooseberry. I dont even know if it was even from China.

Maybe it was like some lost fruit. Knowone knew where it originated from so every place that grows it just calls it there own. :biggrin2

I see; ty. It's a case of : 'What's in a name?', I guess...

I would like to meet the person who named the orange, 'orange'. What a legend.

Well, you guys Down Under are probably ready for supper; but I'm just about to eat cereal for breakfast, before heading out to see clients.

I spent the day slaving over the slow cooker ... ah! what grueling work indeed!

Chicken, onions, potatoes, carrots, lots of spices, slow cooking all day. Made for a hearty dinner. (There's plenty for several more meals, which is fine with me)

not sure this counts as cooking, but I did heat some of the stuff on the stove, so....

Green salad with tomatos, red beans, bell pepper, onion, olive oil and herbal salad dressing, and roasted seeds (sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, pine nuts, flax seeds).
View attachment 3780

Healthy, vegan, and the bowl is so huge I'll have much of it left for tomorrow. :)

Now I'm debating with myself if I should go running first (haven't done any exercising neither yesterday, nor today, except for a few push ups) or eat my salad right away....

Chicken, onions, potatoes, carrots, lots of spices, slow cooking all day. Made for a hearty dinner. (There's plenty for several more meals, which is fine with me)

My problem is that I don't have a lot of patience with the slow cooker... :)

Blessings.

Tonight we are likely to go to a restaurant with friends; so we each choose sth different (including sweet and sour chicken on rice, maybe?)

Sounds delicious! I like to make bigger meals for leftovers too!

I suppose. I would have to look into it. I have a couple vegetarian cookbooks and have meals from them, but they are not my sole cookbooks. I would have to research cheap meals because I'm on a tight budget with food. (We have plenty, but vegetarian meals can be expensive.) Not to sound dramatic but I have been crying a lot for animals- the way they live and are slaughtered. The way they are tested for products. The way down feathers are being ripped off the birds while alive, have red blotchy skin from it. Seaworld bothers me. And the zoo kind of bothers me.. at least they are taken care of..but would you want to live in a box your whole life? And veal...UGH eating veal is EVIL... they are just ripped from their mothers! It's awful!

I suppose. I would have to look into it. I have a couple vegetarian cookbooks and have meals from them, but they are not my sole cookbooks. I would have to research cheap meals because I'm on a tight budget with food. (We have plenty, but vegetarian meals can be expensive.) Not to sound dramatic but I have been crying a lot for animals- the way they live and are slaughtered. The way they are tested for products. The way down feathers are being ripped off the birds while alive, have red blotchy skin from it. Seaworld bothers me. And the zoo kind of bothers me.. at least they are taken care of..but would you want to live in a box your whole life? And veal...UGH eating veal is EVIL... they are just ripped from their mothers! It's awful!

Oh well. You don't have to eat meat if you don't want to. Although it's not unBiblical to do so, according to Acts 10 and 11, where Peter, reluctant at first to eat certain meats, was specifically allowed to do so, because of the New Testament order that was newly coming about. Blessings.

Back