Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What's for Dinner?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
sheshisown said:
I'm in super sunny California...

Tonight I am crocking Mandarin ginger chicken with fresh carrotts celery and potatoes. Mmmmm.....
I might try that. :) sounds good

ooooooh my gosh... this is the worst topic ever

all this food, it makes me sooooo hungry lol the food here is awful

i miss pizza, hamburgers, hot dogs, enchiladas, fajitas...

i can't talk about this anymore.

kimberlyb0112 said:

i can't talk about this anymore.
[attachment=0:3dk14jkv]180px-MRE_20071124.PNG[/attachment:3dk14jkv]

MRE also stands for Master of Religious Education.

:crying4 I love the sound of plastic opening in the morning, the feel of my uvula gag upon the sight doth warm me. :verysick

:sorry Here have a Popcorn: :popcorn and a Pop: :pepsi

I'm gonna go eat worms for ya - Be of good cheer!! Much respect for what you are doing. He will repay. Your redeemer is STRONG.

Your Sparrow

kimberlyb0112 said:

I know, I feel the same way when I visit it.

kimberlyb0112 said:
stop it, stop it! don't they have Pizza Hut in Afganistan? :lol

I need to look for a good banquet pic - and make up a juicy story for my sis.
Why do people who love me call me "brat"???
[attachment=0:ewjxpcwn]P1010001.JPG[/attachment:ewjxpcwn]

Crock-pot for dinner later - but in the bread pan is Banana bread - fresh from the oven.
My mom's recipe and all who taste it say, "'Tis the best ever..."
Can't wait to taste the first bite - the smell is too good even now.
Can't wait for it to cool just a touch more. Oh! Mouth-watering good.

~Sparrow

Sparrowhawke, that's just cruel!!!! :biggrin

Last night I made a veggie lasagna with zucchini (of course, boy is the garden putting out a lot of zucchini!), mushrooms, onion, garlic, bell pepper, tomatoes and skim mozzarella and skim ricotta. I wanted to make a low calorie version of my usual lasagna. It was quite good. Only too good. It was so good, we all wound up eating seconds, so I think I blew the whole lo-cal thing.

LOL Sparrow...and meatloaf with gravy, that's one of the good ones! :)

I know that when I get back to the states, I am going to appreciate every meal so much more! lol

and when it comes to pizza hut in Afghanistan.. some FOBS have a pizza hut, burger king, subway.. (the "deployed" version lol.. it doesn't taste like it does in the states)
but on my FOB we don't.. it's cause mine is so tiny, in the middle of no where..

When we go home for R&R, we have to fly to a bigger FOB.. they have all the restaurants there.. its awesome lol but everyone always talks about how all the soldiers there are so much fatter than here lol so I guess this is good for our figures :)

Oh I am so glad I found this site and this topic! I am always always looking for something to make for dinner. Now I just have to read the previous answers :)

I think we are going to have kielbasa alfredo with maybe a salad and some biscuits.

kimberlyb0112 said:
LOL Sparrow...and meatloaf with gravy, that's one of the good ones! :)

I know that when I get back to the states, I am going to appreciate every meal so much more! lol

and when it comes to pizza hut in Afghanistan.. some FOBS have a pizza hut, burger king, subway.. (the "deployed" version lol.. it doesn't taste like it does in the states)
but on my FOB we don't.. it's cause mine is so tiny, in the middle of no where..

When we go home for R&R, we have to fly to a bigger FOB.. they have all the restaurants there.. its awesome lol but everyone always talks about how all the soldiers there are so much fatter than here lol so I guess this is good for our figures :)

Aaaaaw Poor thing Kim...I know what it's like to walk into an American fast food place in another country-let alone a third world country. It just isn't the same :sad
When you're in NY you'll be able to have whatever you'd like-whenever you'd like. :tongue

beckyleigh said:
Oh I am so glad I found this site and this topic! I am always always looking for something to make for dinner. Now I just have to read the previous answers :)

I think we are going to have kielbasa alfredo with maybe a salad and some biscuits.

That sounds delicious!

I had top sirloin with salad-something quick. I'll be leaving for a week in NY...I may not post for that period of time.

Then again, I could pretend to be a Zagat and rate the restaurants as well as my sisters cooking (she's a vegetarian :crazy ) I shall do my best. Food is so intimate and universal, this is why I like hearing what people are putting into their happy little stomachs :lol

:crazy ... :tongue2

Cheep cheep here little bird... here little bird... baby sparrow wanna treat? Just let me get to that BREAD! :lol

Sparrowhawke said:
I need to look for a good banquet pic - and make up a juicy story for my sis.
Why do people who love me call me "brat"???

~Sparrow

Mmmmmmuuummmooommmmmm... my tummy aches ... :yes ... :shades

Last nights dinner was Ham and Cheese sandwiches, Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches, bananas, and Nature Valley Almond breakfast bars. We went fishing at our favorite little gem of a lake in the mountains, so it wasn't so much the food, but the atmosphere!

In about 30 seconds mum is going to call me for lunch. I think we're having Salmon and Vinegar sandwiches. Yeah, I know it's pretty simple, but it's really nice. :)

Strange cravings here: Eating ORANGES![attachment=1:1k6rhyoc]ORANGES.JPG[/attachment:1k6rhyoc]
Yes, even "emo-oranges":
[attachment=0:1k6rhyoc]emo-oranges~0.jpg[/attachment:1k6rhyoc]

No, I am not pregnant. Sparrow is not gonna be mommy bird. No. Not gonna happen. :confused

I had a sandwich! Lol It is a fancy meal!

Hey just made a new topic called "Why Judge others" Not a debate forum. Post comments that won't spark debate also. :)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back