Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Whats the barrier with getting a mac?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I have a different focus now I want a workhorse with power to do the work I need to do. I need it to not have issues and just work without wasting time fluffing around with repairs. not cluttering up the desk is just the bonus :)

Pcs are good if you like to tinker, to see what you can do, i used to do that too.
Sounds like you need Linux :biggrin

Pard I saw it today and couldn't resist.... I thought of you as soon as I saw it, and gave in to temptation immediately.

33a39be5.jpg

Chris, I use Linux sometimes and I look nothing like that. :lol
You will have to work on your image a bit Vic.

Il have to get a flower for my hair.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I continue to live I am going to get a Mac, that will be my next computer. I have been wanting one for to long now, it is time to get one, as soon as I can afford it.

So let's say I want to get a Macbook. The most basic Macbook costs 999$ and I get...

2.4GHz : 250GB
  • 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
  • 2GB DDR3 memory
  • 250GB hard drive
  • 8x double-layer SuperDrive
  • NVIDIA GeForce 320M graphics
  • Built-in 7-hour battery
  • Polycarbonate unibody enclosure
  • That also comes with a 13.3" screen.
Kind of a steep price. How much would it cost me to get the same exact spec machine elsewhere? Let's see...

I can get a Dell Inspiron 14R with almost the exact same specs (some specs are different but higher not lower) for only 399$...

That's a very good reason NOT to be a Mac. They are freaking expensive.

"Jeez... now that I have this 399$ Dell with the EXACT same specs as the Mac I'll just throw OSX onto it. Right?"

NO! That's ILLEGAL! Apple has bent the laws in a way so that if a machine isn't a Mac and it is running OSX it is ILLEGAL.

Right there that's a reason to NEVER buy a mac ever.

If you like the OSX looks then just grab Linux. I can make you a desktop that looks exactly like OSX with only ten minutes.

And I know some Linux girls who look like that Mac girl. What the picture doesn't tell you is that Mac girl has one of the worst personalities in the world :toofunny

its all in jest pard you could have teased me about needing a flower in my hair to use my mac..and a nice salmon colored shirt. Salmon coulred shirt not quite pink..gay but not quite gay, just a hint of it. A friend at college used to say that to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's also the thing about the "exclusivity" of everything Apple. It's like a cult-mentality. Follow them in the direction they are going, or hit the highway. They don't allow app developers to independently create apps for the iPhone or iPad. They set the prices, and you can't find them cheaper from any other (legitimate) dealer. It's like an automaker having 1 car in 1 color and being so rigid, they won't allow after-market enhancements to their car.

Cell phones are a perfect example. I have a Droid that allows for all kinds of apps that are available through independent sources. RIMS doesn't allow much to be developed for the Blackberry, so I moved on. Now, I don't care if RIMS ever allows Firefox to market a mobile version. The Droid has the greatest flexibility. The iPhone has it's "Apple-approved" apps (which must be lining Apples pockets or they are not accessible), they have special costs for iPhone contracts, so even the minutes are more expensive than other smart phones. :confused It seems to me that Apple established itself as the anti-establishment alternative, but they've become worse than an establishment. They are a dictatorship.

And finally I hear they have having a malware issue with the iPhone. Hackers are now starting to point their sites on the iPhone, and I'm guessing we'll see a lot more of this in the future. They have a big bull-seye on their back.

To tell you the truth my next smart phone purchase wil be also considering an android one i will weigh up android versus iphone 4. Whoever comes up with the goods will get my business.

To tell you the truth my next smart phone purchase wil be also considering an android one i will weigh up android versus iphone 4. Whoever comes up with the goods will get my business.

If you would like more flexibility to customize your phone with external apps, skins, and things, AND you'd appreciate having the option to slide out an expanded keyboard, the Droid will be for you.

Sorry, Lewis. Didn't mean to derail this into an iPhone/Droid discussion. :salute

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back