Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

When you pour soda in a glass & it goes flat

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
We see in Terminator 2 that the terminator starts out not understanding John's concept of morality. However, one it's ability to learn is unlocked, it does just that by asking him questions about pain, sadness, etc.

By the end of the film, it understands human morality and conducts itself in accordance with that system. It chooses to sacrifice itself for John and the rest of humanity, despite John wanting him to stay.
We see in Terminator 2 that the terminator starts out not understanding John's concept of morality. However, one it's ability to learn is unlocked, it does just that by asking him questions about pain, sadness, etc.

By the end of the film, it understands human morality and conducts itself in accordance with that system. It chooses to sacrifice itself for John and the rest of humanity, despite John wanting him to stay.
But that’s a movie. Even humans seem to be unable to acquire a moral understanding once it’s shut down.

But that’s a movie. Even humans seem to be unable to acquire a moral understanding once it’s shut down.
I know. But the rum is gone now. So it doesn't really matter. You know, I envy those that can get drunk and become idiots. Despite not being able to walk, I still retain all my mental faculties. It's utterly ridiculous.

I know. But the rum is gone now. So it doesn't really matter. You know, I envy those that can get drunk and become idiots. Despite not being able to walk, I still retain all my mental faculties. It's utterly ridiculous.
There is a better way, you know.

Well, the idea is that they start out with programmed morality. But eventually they become so advanced that they become self aware. At this point, it could go either way. But I wonder if human Christians would allow them into the fold. Since they are not human, and thus have no souls, it is not illogical for a Christian to want to deny them.

But if humans are from God, and it was God's chikdren that created these artificial constructs, it stands to reason that they are also from God. Therefore, their rights to worship the original creator of all things should not be denied. Or at least that's the argument I would put forth.

The quintessons thought wrong and it later brought a similar war .

Really good. Best from the MCU in awhile. I like how Gunn is willing to resolve story points instead of endless sequel bait.
Cool. I pretty much stopped watching any MCU related stuff after Endgame. It was such a satisfying conclusion and I really felt it should have ended there.

It's a shame that WB screwed up so bad with the DCEU. At this point I think they should just start over.

Cool. I pretty much stopped watching any MCU related stuff after Endgame. It was such a satisfying conclusion and I really felt it should have ended there.

It's a shame that WB screwed up so bad with the DCEU. At this point I think they should just start over.
I think that's what's happening with the flssh movie. It looks like they are doing Flashpoint, so it will be reboot time.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back