Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] Where Did the Idea of a Flat Earth Originate?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Oh, the irony ...

John Glenn, a freckle-faced son of Ohio who was hailed as a national hero and a symbol of the space age as the first American to orbit Earth, then became a national political figure for 24 years in the Senate, died on Thursday in Columbus, Ohio. Glenn was a firm believer who once said it would be "impossible" for him not to believe in God, having seen creation from space.
_________________________________​

American astronauts are despicable people. They are agent crisis actor propagandists who have sold their priceless souls to the government misinformation whores, in order to disseminate NASA deception. lies about our physical world. Lies that are intended to replace Almighty God for godless / man-made (fantastic) theories. Tall tales, devoid of giving credit, to whom, credit is due; credit to Creator Christ. (MoralMatters.org)
Carry on, "True Believers." I'm embarrassed for you, but I'm done with you.

Only 326 messages?
He's a quitter.
I thought he had some "spunk", some real razzmatazz.
I guess not.
It's too bad in one way. However, I don't really know of one person who has came to these forums as an atheist and been converted.

Does anyone here know of one?

It's too bad in one way. However, I don't really know of one person who has came to these forums as an atheist and been converted.

Does anyone here know of one?
No, we had one who said he was a Christian and quit to become an atheist.
Wanted concrete physical evidence or wouldn't come back.
At the time, it seemed like he was on the forum forever.
Disappeared one day.
I always wondered if he died because he was very old.

Two.
John s,and one other both were into nwo theories and 9 11 truthers.

I think it was more then just this forum

NOT ONE SCRIPTURE denotes anything round, spinning or flying 483,000 mph through space. Planes don't even land if the Earth is spinning 940 mph in North America. They would be destroyed instantly.
That Scripture doesn't mention anything is irrelevant to whether or not it is true.

Photo evidence the Moon in fact gives off her own light, just as scripture says. :)
Not a chance. And it's reading into Scripture to make it say that moon gives off it's own light.

Here's a picture of the Earth from 60,000 feet.
Where's the curve?

hqdefault.jpg
Are you being facetious or are you in denial that there is a very clear curve?

The Bible does tell you the Earth is flat, fixed at the corners. No matter how much theology you use, CHUG will remain a Male Hebrew Noun and not give it's shape. It is not the description of Earth, but a place God is where people look like grasshoppers.

Isa 40:22 It was made by the one who sits on his throne above the earth and beyond the sky; the people below look as tiny as ants. He stretched out the sky like a curtain, like a tent in which to live. GNB

Isa 40:22 God is enthroned above the earth, and those who live on it are like grasshoppers. He stretches out the sky like a canopy and spreads it out like a tent to live in. GW

Isa 40:22 It is God Who sits above the circle (the horizon) of the earth, and its inhabitants are like grasshoppers; it is He Who stretches out the heavens like [gauze] curtains and spreads them out like a tent to dwell in, AMP

Isa 40:22 It is he who is seated over the arch of the earth, and the people in it are as small as locusts; by him the heavens are stretched out like an arch, and made ready like a tent for a living-place. BBE
chûg
BDB Definition:
1) circle, circuit, compass (Translated as 3 places)
2) (BDB) vault (of the heavens) (Hebrew definition)

Part of Speech: noun masculine
I'm not going to take your word for anything regarding translation.

1) No plane has crossed center point of the North Or South Pole. NOT ONE.
You sound pretty sure that you know the path of every plane and jet that has ever flown.

2) You don't understand Ecc 1:5 or Psalm 19. You can travel east or west indefinitely.
If anything, Ecc. 1:5 shows that you certainly cannot travel east or west indefinitely. And Psalm 19 certainly doesn't support your claim either.

3) You believe the Spinning ball placed in your class room over scriptures? You believe in evolution also I suppose. It's from the same freemasonry sciences.
I believe the Scriptures and I believe science. The fathers of modern science were Christian, by the way. Give up on the freemasonry angle.

4) Admiral Byrd Navy expedition found 5,000 miles past Center South pole that should not be there. He gave his findings on CBS and it was live broadcast to the public as they attempted to fly across only making it 2,300 miles before turning back to McMurdo.
5) They were only able to travel 1,700 miles North pole before turning back. All this is well documented.
I'm sure it is.

6) You can't see further than about 5 miles over water depending on atmospheric conditions with the Human eye. You can zoom further than 54 miles though aided optically. Globe earthers think they have bionic eyes, and they don't.
If the earth was flat and someone was 1000 feet in the air, on the east coast of North America with a telescope, they should easily be able to see Africa or Europe. But that would never happen because it's impossible.

Nothing in scripture denotes a spinning ball, a ball, but a stationary Earth that never moves. Even the creation account should tell you that the earth is a flat plane when God divided the water from the water putting a firmament in the middle. He did not make a ball and throw it through space at 483,000 mph.
The creation account says absolutely nothing regarding the shape of the earth. We know that the earth moves through space. A couple of Christians figured that out long ago. We know the earth is round from direct observation and from the shadow of the earth on the moon during an eclipse. Flat earth theory seems to be unable to explain eclipses, yes?

You have Zero evidence but from the beast system governments and their magical Gravity, Time, and Probability to explain things to you. Every experiment you can do, every observations will show you the Earth is as God made it.
Right. It will show that we are on a ball, hurling through space, along with nearly an innumerable number of other balls. Lot's of evidence. And stop with the conspiracy nonsense. There is no conspiracy.

The Horizon will always meet your eye level no matter the Height. That is because, it's not a ball. Even NASA's Own video of the max of 89 miles us show zero curved earth. NASA removed that video for good reasons. I have it on my channel.
All the videos on YouTube from the ISS show the curvature of the earth.

Everyone believes what the book of Socrates says and that it all comes from him, but we have many thousands of texts of the Bible just as old or older and everyone wants to question it.
I guess that bothers me.
Hi Allen, "everyone" does not include me. When the Lord called me in 1963, my only source of truth has been the Word of God. I did not understand everything at first. but as I grew in grace, I matured in what God's calling and election was for me. I'm a pastor / teacher by His grace. We (the Lord and I) have been in constant fellowship as to His will. Believing the earth is flat was never a criteria nor was it ever brought up that I might be saved. Carnal faith is wishful thinking, Spiritual faith is a gift.

I had a thought.
Someone mentioned about how the earth has a dome, as spoken of in the bible I mean.

Couldn't this dome be the stratosphere?
It circles the earth and protects it.

Ooops. I said circles. If the earth were flat, the stratosphere would have to curve at the ends,
would this be scientifically possible?? Seems not.

Wondering

I had a thought.
Someone mentioned about how the earth has a dome, as spoken of in the bible I mean.

It circles the earth and protects it.

Ooops. I said circles. If the earth were flat, the stratosphere would have to curve at the ends,
would this be scientifically possible?? Seems not.

Wondering
Oh that's a good one.
We'll all be confused now, for sure.

Whether the earth is flat, square, a circle, globe, really doesn't matter to Christians. It is not essential to Christ's sacrifice and cleansing blood saving our souls and freeing us from sin... not in the least.

However, if and I mean IF the earth is flat, one giant snow globe sort of deal, with God sitting above it and pillars holding it up below. With the "continent" of Antarctica forming a 1000 foot wall all around the perimeter holding in the oceans....a solid dome of a firmament above...

This would:
1/ shatter the theory of evolution
2/ shatter the idea of extraterrestrial worlds, aliens, super intelligent beings from other evolved species.
3/ totally end the "we went to the moon" / "no you didn't" debate.
4/ Make the movies of "independence day" and others like it where the world comes together to fight a common enemy from another world. OR Ronald Reagan's comment about such a thing being our next great event that would "galvanize" the governments of the word, to be nonsense.
4/Make us super special as God's designed masterpiece of a project, with His total focus on us and His grand design.
5/Make the interview with Admiral Byrd, make sense.

But, to a Christian, or, maybe I should say, to me and my understanding of the gospel, my life and my eternal home, my actions in this life, the issue of the flat earth/globe earth matters little.

Whether the earth is flat, square, a circle, globe, really doesn't matter to Christians. It is not essential to Christ's sacrifice and cleansing blood saving our souls and freeing us from sin... not in the least.

However, if and I mean IF the earth is flat, one giant snow globe sort of deal, with God sitting above it and pillars holding it up below. With the "continent" of Antarctica forming a 1000 foot wall all around the perimeter holding in the oceans....a solid dome of a firmament above...

This would:
1/ shatter the theory of evolution
2/ shatter the idea of extraterrestrial worlds, aliens, super intelligent beings from other evolved species.
3/ totally end the "we went to the moon" / "no you didn't" debate.
4/ Make the movies of "independence day" and others like it where the world comes together to fight a common enemy from another world. OR Ronald Reagan's comment about such a thing being our next great event that would "galvanize" the governments of the word, to be nonsense.
4/Make us super special as God's designed masterpiece of a project, with His total focus on us and His grand design.
5/Make the interview with Admiral Byrd, make sense.

But, to a Christian, or, maybe I should say, to me and my understanding of the gospel, my life and my eternal home, my actions in this life, the issue of the flat earth/globe earth matters little.
Good post.
I'll vote for you.

had a thought.

The firmament mentioned in the Bible is translated from Hebrew "raqua", meaning something like a bowl beaten out of metal. So a metallic dome over the Earth.

The dome of heaven is said to have windows through which rain falls. So, probably not.

Hi Mike,

People travelling in the Concorde could see the curvature of the earth.
They were travelling at 60,000 feet, if I remember correctly - I believe I do.
How would you explain this?

Wondering

According to NASA and NASA's spoke Person Tyson, you can not see the curvature of the Earth until you are over 100 miles above earth. The Earth is far to big. Some people's vision rounds things down at the corners or it might be the convex glass used for the Airplane windows.

However, I believe Scripture. Flat, not moving, not flying through space. I don't need the physical evidence For Earth Creation or Jesus being real.

I Have gathered though for others many counter arguments to the ball earth model. My Hope is that Christians at least start believe ALL Their scripture over things they are told. We walk by faith not by sight.

Have a blessed day.

Here's a picture of the Earth from 60,000 feet.
Where's the curve?

hqdefault.jpg

That is still a Go-pro fish eye lense shot Should be more curved or can be convex.. But you need to be 100 Miles up to see the curve according to NASA.

Mike.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back