Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Where Is Whitney Houston Now?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Only this books verses of Eccl. 12 know of what will be her final fate. But the question asked was.. where is she at now, right? And about 'legalist?' Note Christ's [WORD] in Matt. 23:1-2 on down.. Christ the LEGALIST??:sad

[13] Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and [[keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.]]
[14] For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, [[whether it be good, or whether it be evil]].

No one knows what the ACCURATE BOOKS of Houston life record until Christ comes again, (nor any one other than records in Heb. 11:13 +) otherwise it would not be done by FAITH ONLY!

Yet, her furneral will no doubt be tele/cast?? You might find the 'preachers' message teaching satan's age old lie of Gen. 3:4 that 'thou shalt not surely die'?????

So the TITLE QUESTION of where she (or anyone ealse) is, is Vital to God's [WORD] that 'Ye SHALL DIE'.

Matt.23

[1] Then spake Jesus to [[the multitude, and to his disciples]],
[2] Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat:
[3] All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.

And the LEGAL conditions of SALVATION are found dumped in that verse??? [[NO WAY!]]

--Elijah

did in anyway say what she did was right, but my point on what would be said if she lived holy and was a singer would be real possibility.

i knew a man who toured in a christian band and song all the songs and he was the lead singer and he was drunkard. the churches he went to didnt have a clue.

he repented and he is with the lord. so its possible to be holy in appearance and bust hell wide open.

this man didnt cuss, or smoke.

did in anyway say what she did was right, but my point on what would be said if she lived holy and was a singer would be real possibility.

i knew a man who toured in a christian band and song all the songs and he was the lead singer and he was drunkard. the churches he went to didnt have a clue.

he repented and he is with the lord. so its possible to be holy in appearance and bust hell wide open.

this man didnt cuss, or smoke.

Hi, neither you [or 'i'] did or can make a mind reading judgement call. (OSAS is taboo 2 Peter 2:19) as 'i' see also!:sad)
I think that our post up until then agreed??

But again, the subject was 'WHERE IS WHITNEY HOUSTIN NOW?' Some said that she was hear or there. I think they were just saying that she was dead & in the casket yet still being moved about??

But the question has a far more reaching Truth than we are hearing, for either satan or God was telling a lie. Most of the Rev. 17:1-5 ones teach in bottom/line that mankind has a 'living soul', not that they BECAME A LIVING SOUL. And if that were true? God did indeed at least 'fudge' on the Truth. Which is no where near the Truth!

Psalms 146
[1] Praise ye the LORD. Praise the LORD, O my soul.
[2] While I live will I praise the LORD: I will sing praises unto my God while I have any being.
[3] Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help.
[4] His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish.

So where does Inspiration say that Whitney 'thinking ability' is at today?
Christ said about Lazareth that..

John 11

[11] These things said he: and after that he saith unto them, Our friend Lazarus sleepeth; but I go, that I may awake him out of sleep.
[12] Then said his disciples, Lord, if he sleep, he shall do well.
[13] Howbeit Jesus spake of his death: but they thought that he had spoken of taking of rest in sleep.
[14] Then said Jesus unto them plainly, Lazarus is dead.

--Elijah

ok, actually your statement contradicts paul

for to be absent in body is to be present with the lord.

so if a christian dies they go to the lord to await the bodily ressurection that all saints will see. most churches call this the rapture.

Nowhere, she is dead. She is (in a sense) in Sheol or Hades, but more than anything this represents a state of being, that of being dead, residing in the realm of the dead awaiting the resurrection.

She ain't in heaven, she ain't in hell.

1 corinthians 15:12-19

*[[1Co 15:12-19]] WEB* Now if Christ is preached, that he has been raised from the dead, how do some among you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? But if there is no resurrection of the dead, neither has Christ been raised. If Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is in vain, and your faith also is in vain. Yes, we are found false witnesses of God, because we testified about God that he raised up Christ, whom he didn’t raise up, if it is so that the dead are not raised. For if the dead aren’t raised, neither has Christ been raised. If Christ has not been raised, your faith is vain; you are still in your sins. Then they also who are fallen asleep in Christ have perished. If we have only hoped in Christ in this life, we are of all men most pitiable.

if you believe that when you die you instantly (objectively an instantaneous amount of time, not subjectively) go to heaven, you deny Christ, you deny that God in his power is a just God who judges fairly. You also make Paul, inspired by the Holy Spirit, a liar.

so if a christian dies they go to the lord to await the bodily ressurection that all saints will see. most churches call this the rapture.

The quote that you mention doesn't demand instantaneous and actually speaks about the body "dissolving". Quoting one use from Strongs: "When spoken of travellers, to halt on a journey, to put up, lodge (the figurative expression originating in the circumstance that, to put up for the night, the straps and packs of the beasts of burden are unbound and taken off; or, more correctly from the fact that the traveller's garments, tied up when he is on the journey, are unloosed at it end)"

2Cr 5:1-8 KJV said:
"For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven: If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked. For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life. Now he that hath wrought us for the selfsame thing is God, who also hath given unto us the earnest of the Spirit. Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord: (For we walk by faith, not by sight) We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord."

Is there perhaps a different translation that renders the passage more like you have quoted?

It doesn't contradict Paul at all! paul teaches the resurrection and vehemently defends it. That verse.means that

you die - then awaken to the resurrection

Absent from body (dead) - present with the lord (first resurrection)

I seem to be having problems with double postings so will try again Jason.
In your verse above 'i' do not see that saying as you 'think'?;)

Here is how I see it (if Paul penned Heb. 11 or not, it is Inspiration:thumbsup)

Heb.11
[13] These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

OK: The BOOKS of Eccl. 12:13-14 have this all recorded. Paul has said that when [[anyone]] dies that are [[IN Rom. 8:1 CHRIST]] **AT DEATH** they are then & only then SECURE! (one way or the other!)

--Elijah

Since Houston was/is a Baptist; then she had a much better chance of making it to safety than Ms. Agnes Gonxha Bojaxhiu and/or Karol Józef Wojtyła because Whitney's salvation isn't dependent upon compliance with the commandments.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:tongue> </o:tongue>
†. Gal 5:4 . . For if you are trying to make yourselves righteous with God by keeping commandments, then you have been cut off from Christ! You have fallen away from God's kindness and generosity.
<o:tongue> </o:tongue>
†. Gal 2:21 . . I am not one of those who treats the kindness of God as meaningless. For if we could be spared by keeping commandments, then there was no need for Christ to die.
†. Gal 3:21-22 . . If the commandments could have given us new life, then we could have been made right with God by obeying them. But the Scriptures have declared that we are all prisoners of sin, so the only way to receive God's promise is to trust in Jesus Christ.
In other words: Whitney could conceivably thumb her nose at every commandment in the book and still be okay just so long as she was relying upon Christ's crucifixion to protect herself from the wrath of God.
Cliff<o:tongue></o:tongue>
/

I can't help but wonder about Houston because she was always so gushy in giving Jesus credit for making her successful in music. But I have to ask: Where was her hero when she desperately needed his help in getting off depression and substance abuse? Call me skeptical but I just think there is something inconsistent with that picture.
<!--?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:tongue></o>
Cliff
/
Ok, now THAT is an interesting post. YOu are making the case that once someone is saved, if they are TRULY saved by Christ's sacrifice - then problems with substance abuse and depression end. If that is the case, then few have actually been saved.

I had terrible depression over last summer, due to my problems with my former employer and getting old and still needed a job. This had nothign to do with salvation, it had to do with the realities of life. Once I turned things over to Him (well, acutally, once He landed me in the hospital to THINK and PRAY), things changed.

But the fact is, I DID have my first bout with depression in my 51 years -33 years after coming to Christ.

I think the outpouring of adoration for Whitney is getting a bit stupid (like lowering state flags for her) - so I am not here to defend her. But I certainly believe she is probably another of God's little lost sheep that He saved years ago - and is holding to his breast even now, as we speak about her.

All indications I see are that she is in heaven now, in the way Paul writes "absence from the body is to be present with the Lord".

Sure, none of us KNOWS for sure, but all signs I see point to her being in Heaven with her Lord and Savior.

How can this be so complicated? Oh, I know - the complication comes from man's arrogance.

WOW, the board is really messed up. I answered Webers in what was one of the longest posts I have ever written... and the board ate it. :sad

Since Houston was/is a Baptist; then she had a much better chance of making it to safety than Ms. Agnes Gonxha Bojaxhiu and/or Karol Józef Wojtyła because Whitney's salvation isn't dependent upon compliance with the commandments.
ffice:office" /><o:tongue></o>
†. Gal 5:4 . . For if you are trying to make yourselves righteous with God by keeping commandments, then you have been cut off from Christ! You have fallen away from God's kindness and generosity.
<o:tongue></o>
†. Gal 2:21 . . I am not one of those who treats the kindness of God as meaningless. For if we could be spared by keeping commandments, then there was no need for Christ to die.
†. Gal 3:21-22 . . If the commandments could have given us new life, then we could have been made right with God by obeying them. But the Scriptures have declared that we are all prisoners of sin, so the only way to receive God's promise is to trust in Jesus Christ.
In other words: Whitney could conceivably thumb her nose at every commandment in the book and still be okay just so long as she was relying upon Christ's crucifixion to protect herself from the wrath of God.
Cliff<o:tongue></o>
/

+ Immortal as well, huh?:sad

And Christ is not the same 'forever' either. Heb. 13:8.
And His WORD is just what???

Eccl. 12
[13] Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
[14] For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

And so God lied & the devil told the truth??? Gen. 3:3-4

I can't help but wonder about Houston because she was always so gushy in giving Jesus credit for making her successful in music. But I have to ask: Where was her hero when she desperately needed his help in getting off depression and substance abuse? Call me skeptical but I just think there is something inconsistent with that picture.
<!--?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:tongue></o>
Cliff
/
Well, the board ate my response. So I will make it short and to the point - are you making the case that, once we are saved, all of our shortcomings, failures and imperfections go away or does that only apply to the rich and famous or does it only apply to shortcomings, failures and imperfections that you don't suffer from?

That is to say: Have you really thought your post thru?

Webers:

Well, the board ate my response and I CANNOT quote you because it just did it AGAIN. :bigfrown

So I will make it short and to the point - are you making the case that, once we are saved, all of our shortcomings, failures and imperfections go away or does that only apply to the rich and famous or does it only apply to shortcomings, failures and imperfections that you don't suffer from?

That is to say: Have you really thought your post thru?

I know it sounds like I am jumping on you, but I have wrote my post twice to only see it vanish. This version will have to do.

The board swallowed your post, Pizzaguy? You swallowed Pizza and the board swallowed your post:chin.

I tried repying to it and found out where it was hidden, like a mouse escaping away from a cat:lol

Originally Posted by Webers_Home
:

I can't help but wonder about Houston because she was always so gushy in giving Jesus credit for making her successful in music. But I have to ask : Where was her hero when she desperately needed his help in getting off depression and substance abuse? Call me skeptical but I just think there is something inconsistent with that picture.

Ok, now THAT is an interesting post. YOu are making the case that once someone is saved, if they are TRULY saved by Christ's sacrifice - then problems with substance abuse and depression end. If that is the case, then few have actually been saved.

I had terrible depression over last summer, due to my problems with my former employer and getting old and still needed a job. This had nothign to do with salvation, it had to do with the realities of life. Once I turned things over to Him (well, acutally, once He landed me in the hospital to THINK and PRAY), things changed.

But the fact is, I DID have my first bout with depression in my 51 years -33 years after coming to Christ.

I think the outpouring of adoration for Whitney is getting a bit stupid (like lowering state flags for her) - so I am not here to defend her. But I certainly believe she is probably another of God's little lost sheep that He saved years ago - and is holding to his breast even now, as we speak about her.

All indications I see are that she is in heaven now, in the way Paul writes "absence from the body is to be present with the Lord".

Sure, none of us KNOWS for sure, but all signs I see point to her being in Heaven with her Lord and Savior.

How can this be so complicated? Oh, I know - the complication comes from man's arrogance.

I don't know. She suffered for the same reasons we all suffer--sin and self--and now she's died, possibly (likely?) because of booze and substance abuse, both of which tend to keep people out of Heaven until one repents.

I don't know. God is merciful, God is just, God knows Whitney Houston better than any human being ever did, does, or will, so let's just trust that, as always, He'll do the right thing.

I will say that I'd hate to see people gloss over her drug abuse and self-destruction. There's a lesson to be learned there about how to lead one's life and where self-love will take you. On the other hand, I'd hate to see a human being's life reduced to a cautionary tale about the high costs of the road of excess.

I don't know. She suffered for the same reasons we all suffer--sin and self--and now she's died, possibly (likely?) because of booze and substance abuse, both of which tend to keep people out of Heaven until one repents.
ALL SINS keep us out of heaven unless we repent.

I will say that I'd hate to see people gloss over her drug abuse and self-destruction. There's a lesson to be learned there about how to lead one's life and where self-love will take you.
People who are engulfed in booze or drug abuse are not living in self-love, they are tormented with self hate. My own brother (who I believe will go to heaven) is one example. He knows the Lord, and has tried and tried to break free of his sickness. But to no avail. He hates himself, in an odd and arrogant way, or so it seems. But I assure you, it is not self love.

I suspect that Whitney was very unhappy in this life, at least in the past several years. It's a shame, but I don't believe it is necessarily an unforgiven sin.

I will say it one more time Whitney was saved she loved the Lord and always talked about the Lord. And just like her I struggled with drugs and alcohol even while being saved just like her. Did you watch her funeral today and see all the people who testified about Whitney's love for the Lord. Did you know that the last song she sang was Jesus Loves Me. Whitney talked about the Lord all the time. And no matter what she was doing she always found the time to teach her daughter about Jesus. Her Bible was ragged because she read it so much. But she had her faults just like everyone else. Yes she went home to be with the Lord. And just because she fell does not mean that her salvation went out the window. God knew who she was and what she was and He loved her. The Lord know that we are not perfect. Yes drug addicts and alcoholics can go to heaven too. Lets be real about this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back