Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Where Is Whitney Houston Now?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I can't help but wonder about Houston because she was always so gushy in giving Jesus credit for making her successful in music. But I have to ask: Where was her hero when she desperately needed his help in getting off depression and substance abuse? Call me skeptical but I just think there is something inconsistent with that picture.
are you making the case that, once we are saved, all of our shortcomings, failures and imperfections go away or does that only apply to the rich and famous or does it only apply to shortcomings, failures and imperfections that you don't suffer from?
I'm talking about the contrast between Whitney's musical success and her personal conflicts. It seems to me that if Christ would assist her to succeed in music, then he would certainly assist her to succeed with depression and substance abuse. To me, music is a trivial pursuit compared to the importance of Houston's mental health. Didn't the Lord even care that the girl herself whom he was supposedly helping to the top of the charts was falling apart? Shouldn't Houston's mental health take priority over winning Gramophone awards? All I'm saying is: there's something about Houston's alleged association with the Lord that just doesn't click.

Cliff<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:tongue></o:tongue>
/

Last edited by a moderator:
And Christ is not the same 'forever' either. Heb. 13:8. And His WORD is just what??? Eccl. 12 [13] Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. [14] For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil. And so God lied & the devil told the truth??? Gen. 3:3-4
Seriously: would you have me to believe the epistle to the Galatians is a lie?

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:tongue> </o:tongue>
The trick to obtaining immortality via compliance with the commandments is consistence. In other words, it does no good to obey some of the commandments some of the time, nor even to obey most of the commandments most of the time; no, you have to obey all the commandments all the time. One slip and you incur an immediate curse upon yourself; especially if your disobedience is done in the full knowledge that the conduct is unbecoming.
<o:tongue> </o:tongue>
†. Num 15:30-31 . . But the person, be he citizen or stranger, who acts defiantly reviles the Lord; that person shall be cut off from among his people. Because he has spurned the word of the Lord and violated His commandment, that person shall be cut off— he bears his guilt.
†. Deut 27:26 . . Cursed is the man who does not uphold the words of this law by carrying them out.
†. Rom 2:7 . . To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, He will give eternal life.
†. Gal 3:10 . . Cursed is every one that continues not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
†. Heb 10:26-27 . . For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries.
Cliff<o:tongue></o:tongue>
/

I'm talking about the contrast between Whitney's musical success and her personal conflicts. It seems to me that if Christ would assist her to succeed in music, then he would certainly assist her to succeed with depression and substance abuse. To me, music is a trivial pursuit compared to the importance of Houston's mental health. Didn't the Lord even care that the girl herself whom he was supposedly helping to the top of the charts was falling apart? Shouldn't Houston's mental health take priority over winning Gramophone awards? All I'm saying is: there's something about Housten's alleged association with the Lord that just doesn't click.
ffice:office" /><o:tongue></o
Cliff<o:tongue></o
/

'i' agree. Surely Phil. 4:13 + 2 Cor. 12:9 will find the ones in an 'RECREATED LOVING working required Obedience' through Christ's Grace, Strength & Power! And these 'drug' battles.. are they any worse than the 'good looking SPEWED OUT' ones of Rev. 3:16-17?? Hardly so!

James 2 say's it this way...
[26] For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also. (and we repeatedly here 'we are Born Again' by baptists teachers!)

The false teaching of the baptist doctrine of once saved always saved surely has this dead body doctrine. Plus only belive or [[a claimed faith that is dead also.]] About the only thing good about it, is that it is a good 'easy' religeon to live by but a fatal one to die by.
Even with that being the case, mankind cannot read [anyones] mind or motives. Or their 'last thoughts or prayers! And they (mankind) are accountable for only what they know. James 4:17) So there will still be many saved knowing only what they have! (Rom. 8:14)

Yet... baptist [false doctrines] 'stink!' and only believe is just one of several of them. And it is these ones [[LEADERS]] who have had for well past any 120 years of the Holy Spirits STRIVING with them which will help fill hell! (see Gen. 6:3 & Luke 12:47-48)

--Elijah

WEIRD. YOu have my post, but it doesn't show up to me.
Did you compose it in Word, then tried to do a copy/paste afterwards? Word may have introduced some formatting into the post that messed with PHP code.

Try using Notepad or Notepad ++.

I'm talking about the contrast between Whitney's musical success and her personal conflicts. It seems to me that if Christ would assist her to succeed in music, then he would certainly assist her to succeed with depression and substance abuse.
/
Hmm. Odd, I don't see where her musical success necessarily came from the Lord. It could have come, simply, from the music industry - who made millions on her talent just like she did.

Depression and substance abuse are powerful weights that afflict some, and not others. I do not know why she ended up like she did, but I DO know she was quite unhappy these past several years.

I suspect she shed many tears that none of us ever knew about. As for Christ not snapping his fingers and healing her of her afflictions, well, He hasn't snapped His fingers and healed my sister's M.S., either.

Something makes me think she knew she was going to die. (She remains immortal to me - her work is always before me, each day I try out her chords)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back