Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

White Buffalo Prophecy and Second Coming of Christ....

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
S

Soma-Sight

whitebuffalo505.jpg

Courier - June 8, 2005

This white buffalo is unique as it links to 9/11.

When a rare white buffalo was born Friday at a buffalo ranch in Shelby County, owners Bob and Julie Allen thought the baby had prophecy written in her genes.

The white calf, regarded as a sacred symbol by Lakota Sioux and other Plains Indian tribes, is a granddaughter of the ranch's former big star, award-winning bull Chief Joseph, a hefty 3,000-pound sire that had cost the Allens $101,000.

The bull was struck by lightning on Sept. 11, 2001, and died two weeks later.

So the Allens, who own the Buffalo Crossing Restaurant & Family Fun Ranch, were delighted by the calf's birth.

"The appearance of a white buffalo is regarded by some followers of American Indian spirituality as on par with the Christian idea of the second coming of Christ," said Bob Pickering, a researcher at the Buffalo Bill Historical Center in Cody, Wyo. "I've heard at least one Lakota elder make that claim," said Pickering, whose book Seeing the White Buffalo delves into the legend of the creatures.

As the story goes, Lakota Sioux rituals and beliefs were brought to the tribe by a spiritual being known as the White Buffalo Calf Woman, Pickering said.

A white buffalo calf is interpreted as the sacred reincarnation of the woman, he said. Historically, the white buffalo is probably about the most spiritual being on the prairie," he said.

Pickering estimated the incidence of white buffalo births at about 16 per million. [color]

He said there are three reasons white calves sometimes appear ... they may be:

albinos

the result of crossbreeding with white cows

temporarily white and turn dark by their first winter

"The calf is not an albino," said Julie Allen, noting that its eyes are brown, not pink.

Flicking her ears and whisking her tail back and forth, the 40-to-50-pound calf resembles a lamb.

"In the past, Indians sacrificed white buffalo as sacred offerings, but now they avoid doing that," Pickering said.

About 600 buffalo roam the Allens' 1,000 acres. They raise buffalo primarily for meat and to serve in the restaurant on their property. But in keeping with tradition, the white calf, which has yet to be named, likely will be spared.

WOW! :o

http://www.crystalinks.com/prophecyanimals.html

How can something that happen twice in two months, and apparently several times in the years before that be on par with the second coming of Christ? The latter is a unique event that will happen once and change the world, the former is an event that has happened many times in the past and has had no effect on the world.

How can something that happen twice in two months, and apparently several times in the years before that be on par with the second coming of Christ? The latter is a unique event that will happen once and change the world, the former is an event that has happened many times in the past and has had no effect on the world.

Call it....

Superstition...
Faith....
Coincidence...
Symbolism.... (think White Spotless Lamb here)

The same can be said of any religious belief....

Its what you make of it and feel in the heart....

Plus the fact of the rarity of the White Buffalo (very,very rare.... just like a sinless Saviour!)

Anything that strengthens Faith in Jesus should be accepted as "Good News" to the Chriostian... No?

All I know is that animal is freaking cute. I think they are amazing creatures.

Soma-Sight said:
Plus the fact of the rarity of the White Buffalo (very,very rare.... just like a sinless Saviour!)
No, you've missed my point. White buffalos are rare, our sinless Savior is unique. 1 out of every 16 million buffalos are white, 1 out of however many billion people ever live in the history of our world will be a sinless Saviour. It cheapens the value of Christ to try to equate him to the natural birth of an animal, however rare it might be.

cubedbee,

well Christ is compared to a lamb so.......??????

All I know is that animal is freaking cute. I think they are amazing creatures.

Yep its sure cute allright!

What does a white buffalo have to do with the second coming of Christ?

Here's my two cents, which is opinion, not orthodox theology:

I believe that God has spoken in many ways to the people of the earth, to prepare the way of the Messiah. We see flood legands and many Messianic-typ legends amongst diverse people. Some people take the position that Joseph Campbell does, that these myth-types are imported and modified. I happen to believe that God has been speaking to Indigenous peoples here in America through symbols that they understood.

Unfortunately, the witness of the White man regarding Christ was not at all compelling. There have been some successful missions in Latin America by the Catholics and successful missions among the Aleutians/Inuit in Alaska by the Orthodox. Otherwise, not much success.

I would rather help an Indigenous brother to see Christ in his own stories, just as Paul instructed at Mars Hill.

That is not to say that a White Buffalo is a suitable replacement for the Son of God who became flesh, lived, healed, blessed, suffered, died, and is alive forevermore, alleluia. No, God forbid that we suggest that one object of devotion is good as another.

But what of this prophetic type of theirs speaks of Christ, if anything? That is the question I would ask.

I would not ask this question of the Jaguar religion of the Toltecs. The Toltecs were part of Aztec dynasty, and they committed as many as 20,000 human sacrifices in one day in one city. Hardly could be considered an inspiration from the Holy One.

But there are elements of the gospel woven into many religions and cultures, and these should be examined in the light of the full gospel.

That's my view
James

My view is keep the gospel the gospel which is also the bible's view.

I am not ashamed of the gospel and make no apologies for it.

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

The "white buffalo" is not different than the "Hindu cow".

Jeremiah 10:2 Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.

I believe that God has spoken in many ways to the people of the earth, to prepare the way of the Messiah. We see flood legands and many Messianic-typ legends amongst diverse people. Some people take the position that Joseph Campbell does, that these myth-types are imported and modified. I happen to believe that God has been speaking to Indigenous peoples here in America through symbols that they understood.

Unfortunately, the witness of the White man regarding Christ was not at all compelling. There have been some successful missions in Latin America by the Catholics and successful missions among the Aleutians/Inuit in Alaska by the Orthodox. Otherwise, not much success.

I would rather help an Indigenous brother to see Christ in his own stories, just as Paul instructed at Mars Hill.

That is not to say that a White Buffalo is a suitable replacement for the Son of God who became flesh, lived, healed, blessed, suffered, died, and is alive forevermore, alleluia. No, God forbid that we suggest that one object of devotion is good as another.

But what of this prophetic type of theirs speaks of Christ, if anything? That is the question I would ask.

I would not ask this question of the Jaguar religion of the Toltecs. The Toltecs were part of Aztec dynasty, and they committed as many as 20,000 human sacrifices in one day in one city. Hardly could be considered an inspiration from the Holy One.

But there are elements of the gospel woven into many religions and cultures, and these should be examined in the light of the full gospel.

That's my view
James

Congratulations!!!!!!

OC wins the prize for best post once again!!!!!!!

That is a great way to look at things OC and exactly how I would put it....

You didnt take away from your Gospel faith and incorporated the universal nature of the "fruits" of the Spirit in one short essay.....

Excellent as usual my friend.....

Here is your prize.....

calfwoman.gif

She walked out from the blazing skies

buffalo robed and piercing eyes

a beautiful spirit with flowing hair

a sacred woman beyond compare.

She held a pipe for all to see

she shared the wisdom of what will be

she spoke of ceremonies, and songs to live

the sacred ways..to get to give.

A promise someday they would see

the land returned, a people free

a small white buffalo will come at last

all will live, forgetting the past.

Today the pipe is still held high

honor held up to the skies

a promise that will never part

white buffalo calf woman...lives in our hearts.

Debbie Robbins,

WHITE BUFFALO CALF ­­ A GOOD OMEN

by Bette Stockbauer

In 1933 a white buffalo calf was born in Colorado, and in 1994 another one, named Miracle, was born in Janesville, Wisconsin, on the ranch of Dave and Valerie Heider. Thousands of people of many different faiths have visited Miracle, testifying that her birth is a call for all races to come together to heal the earth and solve our mutual problems.

On 9 May of this year, a silvery­white buffalo calf named Medicine Wheel was born at the ranch of Joe Merrival on the Pine Ridge reservation of South Dakota. Another white calf, Rainbow, had been born in the same herd on 27 April. It died 25 hours later of scours, a diarrhea­type condition.

The birth of a white buffalo calf is seen by the Native Americans as the most significant of prophetic signs, equivalent to the weeping statues, bleeding icons, and crosses of light that are becoming prevalent within the Christian churches. Just as the Christian faithful who attend these signs see them as a renewal of God's ongoing relationship with humanity, so do the Native Americans see the white buffalo calf as a sign to begin to mend life's sacred hoop.

The recent births were surrounded by controversy. Some have suggested that the calf is a beefalo, a buffalo and beef cattle mix. Some have accused Mr Merrival of genetic engineering. The odds of the birth of a white buffalo are estimated as 6­10 million to one. In response, he says that there is little probability of mixed parentage and none whatsoever of genetic manipulation.

Mr. Merrival, who is of Oglala Sioux ancestry, thinks the birth of Medicine Wheel is a great gift that must now be used to try and help as many people as possible. His son Darrin thinks that the calf was sent to us to unify the nation.

James Dubray, a medicine man, said: "Our young people need it the most. They need to have hope. They need to have a future. And this will help. This place has been chosen as the starting point for the healing process to begin."

Floyd Hand Looks For Buffalo, an Oglala medicine man, has commented: "Here is a man, a poor farmer, who has been kind to animals all his life, and now there is a white buffalo calf here. These are omens, and they are happening in the most unexpected place among the poorest people in the country. They are good omens, if we pay attention to them. For us, this would be something like coming to see Jesus lying in the manger."

When asked whether the birth of the latest calf was a sign, Benjamin Creme replied "Yes indeed, it is a sign. The important ones are the last two. These were created with the influence of the Masters."

This buffalo thread seems like a bunch of bull to me.

I am still wondering what the this has to do with the second coming of Christ. :o

This buffalo thread seems like a bunch of bull to me.

I am still wondering what the this has to do with the second coming of Christ.

Edited:

Rule 13 - Posting Etiquette:
Please keep the posts down to a respectable length. You stand a better chance of getting your point across. People may not want to read them if they are too long. No using all CAPTIAL LETTERS in your responses. That is considered an aggressive action.

Soma-Sight said:

That's my view
James

Congratulations!!!!!!

OC wins the prize for best post once again!!!!!!!

That is a great way to look at things OC and exactly how I would put it....

You didnt take away from your Gospel faith and incorporated the universal nature of the "fruits" of the Spirit in one short essay.....

Excellent as usual my friend.....

Here is your prize.....

calfwoman.gif

She walked out from the blazing skies

buffalo robed and piercing eyes

a beautiful spirit with flowing hair

a sacred woman beyond compare.

She held a pipe for all to see

she shared the wisdom of what will be

she spoke of ceremonies, and songs to live

the sacred ways..to get to give.

A promise someday they would see

the land returned, a people free

a small white buffalo will come at last

all will live, forgetting the past.

Today the pipe is still held high

honor held up to the skies

a promise that will never part

white buffalo calf woman...lives in our hearts.

Debbie Robbins,
Thanks Soma- you are always very gracious, just as Paul the Apostle said " let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt."

So a woman of purity, sacred, beautiful, and with power, speaks of peace in the Kingdom to come.

Any parallels with this....?

Rev 12:1
And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:

Rev 19:7,8
Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready. And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

VS 11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him [was] called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

His voice is speaking into the earth. He spoke to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, and in the fulness of time, revealed Himself in His Son. He has spoken to other peoples, and now is the time for Him to be made known and manifest to those who already are looking for Him.

All of creation groans for this to come to pass.
Blessings my friend
James

The buffalo women is not the woman of Revelation nor or they connected in any way. I am still waiting for an explanation on what the white buffalo has to do with the second coming of Christ.

BB,

OC put up some good stuff here......

So a woman of purity, sacred, beautiful, and with power, speaks of peace in the Kingdom to come.

Any parallels with this....?

Rev 12:1
And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:

Rev 19:7,8
Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready. And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

VS 11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him [was] called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

His voice is speaking into the earth. He spoke to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, and in the fulness of time, revealed Himself in His Son. He has spoken to other peoples, and now is the time for Him to be made known and manifest to those who already are looking for Him.

All of creation groans for this to come to pass.
Blessings my friend
James

Soma, there is no connection between the woman in Revelation and the buffalo woman.

There is no connection between a white buffalo being born and the second coming of Christ.

Anyone can misuse and twist the scriptures to make a point.

Do you have a point here are is this just another attempt to promote pagan Indian Spiritism?

bibleberean said:
Soma, there is no connection between the woman in Revelation and the buffalo woman.

There is no connection between a white buffalo being born and the second coming of Christ.

Anyone can misuse and twist the scriptures to make a point.

Do you have a point here are is this just another attempt to promote pagan Indian Spiritism?
Missionaries to remote locations often speak of legends and visitations which point to Christ, or to put it another way, that the missionaries use to point people to Christ. Sometimes there are practices within their cultures which point to an aspect of Christ which can be used to illumine the native to Christ from their own framework.

This is what the epistle to the Hebrews is- illuminating the Jews to the Messiah by using elements in their own culture which pointed to the fulfillment in Christ. Of course, since God had chosen Israel, their entire culture was saturated in such foreshadows.

But there is a prophetic voice in nearly every culture I have ever examined. In these cultures also is often some teaching or story or way that is absolutely hostile to God- but realize tthat nearly every culture has a method to redeem another person from debt or wrongdoing. Usually such methods are ritualistic in nature. By examining the ritual for gospel parallels, sometimes there is a connection made that opens the door to the full gospel.

This is what Paul did on Mars Hill. Though he was offended in his heart by the idolatry, he found a way to make a parallel to the gospel through the statue to the Unknown God. I don't believe Paul was just blowing smoke whn he said "I see you are a very spiritual people." Nor do I think that he was being sarcastic when he, speaking of the statue, said 'let me tell you who this God is.'

No, this same Paul was a master at making connections. He never watered down the gospel, he found a door and brought the whole truth through- but he did so by becoming "all things to all men."

I am not saying that the woman of purity from the poem IS the woman in Revelation 12- what I am saying is that she is a type and shadow, as is the White Buffalo a type and shadow. For that matter, I don't REALLY expect to see Jesus come back riding on a white horse. That particular image was a type from John's era.

As an evangelistically-minded Christian- no, make that a Kingdom minded Christian, I want to use every means at my disposal to make connections with people that result in our mutual edification and the spreading of God's Kingdom.

The white buffalo is not a type of or sign of the second coming.

Paul used the idolatry on Mars Hill to show the heathen Christ but he did not condone their idolatry.

He pointed to the "unknown God". They had no clue as to who He was and Paul said this rebuking them and calling them to repentance. Paul did not advocate using their legends, idolatries or myths as scripture or encourage mythology.

Acts 17:29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

Acts 17:30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

The white buffalo sign is related to the second coming? How?

Back