Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

White Buffalo Prophecy and Second Coming of Christ....

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
bibleberean said:
The white buffalo is not a type of or sign of the second coming.

Paul used the idolatry on Mars Hill to show the heathen Christ but he did not condone their idolatry.

He pointed to the "unknown God". They had no clue as to who He was and Paul said this rebuking them and calling them to repentance. Paul did not advocate using their legends, idolatries or myths as scripture or encourage mythology.

Acts 17:29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

Acts 17:30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

The white buffalo sign is related to the second coming? How?
Paul uses comparison and contrast to reach his audience. This means that first he finds commonality- then he differentiates.

Comparison
22Paul then stood up in the meeting of the Areopagus and said: "Men of Athens! I see that in every way you are very religious. 23For as I walked around and looked carefully at your objects of worship, I even found an altar with this inscription: TO AN UNKNOWN GOD. Now what you worship as something unknown I am going to proclaim to you.

Contrast
24"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. 25And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else. (note- Paul has just stated that God needs neither the Temples that Greeks thought necessary for their Pantheon of gods, nor did He require human hands to form His likeness. Why? Paul will explain further along...)

Comparison
26From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live. 27God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us. 28'For in him we live and move and have our being.' As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring.'

Note Paul's use of revealed truth from among their poets. Note well that the term 'Logos" used by the Jew John the Apostle to describe Christ came from Greek philosophy.

Contrast
29"Therefore since we are God's offspring, we should not think that the divine being is like gold or silver or stoneâ€â€an image made by man's design and skill.

Conclusion
30In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent. 31For he has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by the man he has appointed. He has given proof of this to all men by raising him from the dead."

Paul, the master Evangelist, has just set the stage by giving clear exposition of what was correct, incorrect, and partial in the minds of these Greeks. He is now telling them "you know the difference now between partial knowledge and full revelation- so God will hold you accountable."

The white buffalo is not a type of or sign of the second coming.

Paul used the idolatry on Mars Hill to show the heathen Christ but he did not condone their idolatry.
He pointed to the "unknown God". They had no clue as to who He was and Paul said this rebuking them and calling them to repentance. Paul did not advocate using their legends, idolatries or myths as scripture or encourage mythology.

Acts 17:29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

Acts 17:30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

The white buffalo sign is related to the second coming? How?

OC,

It is like Dr. E. Stanley Jones, the American evangelist who went to India, among other places, and set up a Christian "Ashram" where he was the guru.

"Then in 1930, along with a British missionary and Indian pastor and using the sound Christian missionary principle of indigenization, Dr. Jones reconstituted the “Ashram†with Christian disciplines. This institution became known as the â€ÂChristian Ashram.â€ÂStranded in the United States during World War II with his family in India because the only overseas travel allowed was for the military), he transplanted the Christian Ashram in the United States and Canada, where it has become a strong spiritual growth ministry. For many years Stanley Jones spent six months in North America, conducting city-wide evangelistic missions, Christian Ashrams, and other spiritual life missions and the other six months overseas. He preached and held Christian Ashrams in almost every country of the world. "

http://www.vaxxine.com/eves/jones.htm

Some of his books are now out of print and hard to find because of backlash with Evangelicals. :sad

Orthodox Christian said:
bibleberean said:
Soma, there is no connection between the woman in Revelation and the buffalo woman.

There is no connection between a white buffalo being born and the second coming of Christ.

Anyone can misuse and twist the scriptures to make a point.

Do you have a point here are is this just another attempt to promote pagan Indian Spiritism?
Missionaries to remote locations often speak of legends and visitations which point to Christ, or to put it another way, that the missionaries use to point people to Christ. Sometimes there are practices within their cultures which point to an aspect of Christ which can be used to illumine the native to Christ from their own framework.

This is what the epistle to the Hebrews is- illuminating the Jews to the Messiah by using elements in their own culture which pointed to the fulfillment in Christ. Of course, since God had chosen Israel, their entire culture was saturated in such foreshadows.

But there is a prophetic voice in nearly every culture I have ever examined. In these cultures also is often some teaching or story or way that is absolutely hostile to God- but realize tthat nearly every culture has a method to redeem another person from debt or wrongdoing. Usually such methods are ritualistic in nature. By examining the ritual for gospel parallels, sometimes there is a connection made that opens the door to the full gospel.

This is what Paul did on Mars Hill. Though he was offended in his heart by the idolatry, he found a way to make a parallel to the gospel through the statue to the Unknown God. I don't believe Paul was just blowing smoke whn he said "I see you are a very spiritual people." Nor do I think that he was being sarcastic when he, speaking of the statue, said 'let me tell you who this God is.'

No, this same Paul was a master at making connections. He never watered down the gospel, he found a door and brought the whole truth through- but he did so by becoming "all things to all men."

I am not saying that the woman of purity from the poem IS the woman in Revelation 12- what I am saying is that she is a type and shadow, as is the White Buffalo a type and shadow. For that matter, I don't REALLY expect to see Jesus come back riding on a white horse. That particular image was a type from John's era.

As an evangelistically-minded Christian- no, make that a Kingdom minded Christian, I want to use every means at my disposal to make connections with people that result in our mutual edification and the spreading of God's Kingdom.
OC, there is only one thing I can add to this post and it is a big fat AMEN!!!

The old woman in the "white buffalo" fable cannot be proven to be a type of prophecy from the scriptures.

2 Timothy 4:2-3 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

2 Timothy 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

There is no connection between a white buffalo being born and the second coming of Christ.

The old woman in the "white buffalo" fable cannot be proven to be a type of prophecy from the scriptures.

Jimminy Christmas......

I cant believe you go to all this trouble to try and tear down other cultures.......

The Great Spirit speaks and wills in the name of Jesus.....

Acts 2:17 (New International Version)

17" 'In the last days, God says,
I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
your young men will see visions,
your old men will dream dreams

Poor BB,

So locked into paranoia that someone else might have a Spirit filled vision outside his own sight.....

Soma-Sight said:

Acts 2:17 (New International Version)

17" 'In the last days, God says,
I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
your young men will see visions,
your old men will dream dreams

Poor BB,

So locked into paranoia that someone else might have a Spirit filled vision outside his own sight.....

So, was Adolph Hitler a prophet? Is every Buddhist and Hindu given visions of God and Jesus.

Do you even know the context of that verse and to whom it was written?

The discovery of what your forum name means has given me insight into where you are coming from...

Taken from a pagan website...

"Soma is a very difficult deity for many outside of India to comprehend. He works on numerous levels, all of which are tied together rather strangely. Soma is firstly a plant. He is also an intoxicating drink which was brewed from that plant. As the blood of animals and the sap of plants, Soma courses through all living things. He is Inspiration to those who seek it, and so is the god of poets. He is also the god of the moon. He is the dwelling place of the venerated dead, as well as the divine cure for evil. The ancient Hindus did not differentiate between these divergent aspects; all were the god Soma."

Tie this in with the drug endorsing website you have as a link in your profile and there you have it.

Your perspective is skewed for those reasons.

Become a child of the light lest the day approaching comes upon you like a thief...

True Christians are sober children of the light...

1 Thessalonians 5:5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

1 Thessalonians 5:7 For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night.

1 Thessalonians 5:8 But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.

1 Thessalonians 5:9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

1 Thessalonians 5:10 Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.

Don't be a child of darkness. Turn from idols to the true and living God.

I truly care about your eternal destiny.

Revelation 21:7-8 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son. But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

1 Thessalonians 5:8 But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.

So I guess Jesus failed in His example by fasting for 40 days.....

(Fasting is self imposed food deprivation. Food deprivation is a known cause of hallucinations.)

Soma-Sight said:

So I guess Jesus failed in His example by fasting for 40 days.....

(Fasting is self imposed food deprivation. Food deprivation is a known cause of hallucinations.)

Jesus did not fail to stay sober by fasting.

Also, I will delete any post in this forum that widens the screen be it pictures or links.

That is where your last post went in case you were wondering.

Was Charles Bronson involved in the prophecy?

Yep look at those murderous pagans!

scan15.jpg

Back