Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Who created Satan?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things ." (KJV)

Do you understand evil to be different from satan?

Yes.

Lucifer sinned, when he wanted to exalt himself to a position, that God did not authorize.

Jesus humbled Himself to obey God's will, and God placed Him at His right hand, which is what Lucifer desired to gain by self promotion.

Lucifer is evil, because he does what is evil, but wasn't created evil.

JLB

Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things ." (KJV)

I am the Lord, and there is no other;
There is no God besides Me.
I will gird you, though you have not known Me,
6 That they may know from the rising of the sun to its setting
That there is none besides Me.
I am the Lord, and there is no other;
7 I form the light and create darkness,
I make peace and create calamity;
I, the Lord, do all these things.
Isaiah 45:5-7

He didn't make Satan.That's a statement that he controls the nations and allows evil to happen as he wishes. THE exile of Isreal is a great example of that.

How about reading the scriptures I posted, and commenting on what they say.

“How you are fallen from heaven,
O Lucifer, son of the morning!
How you are cut down to the ground,
You who weakened the nations!
13 For you have said in your heart:
‘I will ascend into heaven,
I will exalt my throne above the stars of God;
I will also sit on the mount of the congregation
On the farthest sides of the north;
14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds,
I will be like the Most High.’
15 Yet you shall be brought down to Sheol,
To the lowest depths of the Pit.
Isaiah 14:12-15

• “How you are fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning!
Lucifer was at one time in heaven, but "fell" and is referred to as a "fallen" angel.

• For you have said in your heart: ‘I will ascend into heaven,I will exalt my throne above the stars of God; I will also sit on the mount of the congregation On the farthest sides of the north; 14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds, I will be like the Most High.’

Lucifer had authority in God's kingdom, as he had a throne, that he desired to be elevated or exalted.

To me, this speaks of "self promotion" to a position of greater authority than God has authorized.

This reminds me of the rebellion in the wilderness over who would be "High Priest".

The Lord had chosen Aaron to be high Priest, but Korah and his group had plans of their own.

The rod of Aaron budded, signifying who God had chosen to be high Priest, and the earth opened and swallowed up Korah and his group alive, so that they went straight into hell alive.

Please read all of Numbers 16 for the full context.

This is the fate that awaits Satan and his angels, as well as those who follow this pattern of rebellion.

Yes there are some metaphors but they teach us very real lessons.

Lucifer was an angel in heaven, and is a son of God, as are all angels.

God is the Father of spirits, and the creator of heaven and earth and all that is within them.

Sons of God that become disobedient, can indeed end up being cast into hell.

JLB
I did refer to the Isaiah 14 passages and I said that it was addressed to others.... specifically the King of Tyre and his people.

It's a misnomer to cut this passage out and make it separate from Isaiah's message to him. It's about context in this passage. And where the king and his followers are likened to Satan by most it really isn't a whole story about Satan.

And as I have started earlier I am more concerned with my personal Satan than an external one. After all,. I know all the shortcuts to temptation.

The Lord created hell.

Hell is evil, and was created for those who are evil.

Specifically prepared for the Devil and his angels, as well as those who obey him.

“Then He will also say to those on the left hand, ‘Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels: Matthew 25:41

JLB

Yes.

Lucifer sinned, when he wanted to exalt himself to a position, that God did not authorize.

Jesus humbled Himself to obey God's will, and God placed Him at His right hand, which is what Lucifer desired to gain by self promotion.

Lucifer is evil, because he does what is evil, but wasn't created evil.

JLB

Amen!

I did refer to the Isaiah 14 passages and I said that it was addressed to others.... specifically the King of Tyre and his people.

It's a misnomer to cut this passage out and make it separate from Isaiah's message to him. It's about context in this passage. And where the king and his followers are likened to Satan by most it really isn't a whole story about Satan.

And as I have started earlier I am more concerned with my personal Satan than an external one. After all,. I know all the shortcuts to temptation.

Where is the king of Tyre mentioned in these passages?

16 “Those who see you will gaze at you,
And consider you, saying:
Is this the man who made the earth tremble,
Who shook kingdoms,
17 Who made the world as a wilderness
And destroyed its cities,
Who did not open the house of his prisoners?’
Isaiah 14:12-17

Where is the king of Tyre mentioned in these passages?

16 “Those who see you will gaze at you,
And consider you, saying:
Is this the man who made the earth tremble,
Who shook kingdoms,
17 Who made the world as a wilderness
And destroyed its cities,
Who did not open the house of his prisoners?’
Isaiah 14:12-17
I'm sorry,. I was mistaken.
It is part of a taunt that the Israelites will have against the King of Babylon .

I am thinking of the king of Tyre for some reason and it escaped me as to why at the moment.

Isaiah 14:4

Since the beginning of Gods creation of the heavens and earth in Genesis chapter one there has been an adversary that separates us from God through deceit, temptations and lies. This adversary has many names which include: Lucifer (could be a dual referent to Isaiah 14:12, but no mention in scripture as to, or even if God gave him a name), Satan, Devil, Beelzebub, Belial, Adversary, Dragon, Serpent and I’m sure a few others, but the important thing is who this being is and what purpose did he have and still has in heaven and earth. How did he come into existence in the first place and why was he not destroyed for his evil!

God is a Spirit without form and the Lord made his angels spirits without form also. From these two scriptures below in John and Psalms we see that the inhabitants of heaven are not flesh and blood, but spirits created by God that cannot be destroyed by physical death, thus the term spiritual death that separates us from God. This is why Satan could never be physically destroyed.

John 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Psalms 104:4 who maketh his angels spirits; his ministers a flaming fire:

Satan was created perfect in all his ways with beauty, wisdom and freewill. God placed him as the guardian or protector over the throne of God in heaven. He was entrusted with many possessions and found much favor in the Lord.

God created the earth and saw that it was good and he took Lucifer from Gods Holy Mountain and set him over the Garden of Eden as a covering cherub to watch over and enjoy all that was of God. As Lucifer was set in the garden iniquity was soon found in him as he defiled Gods sanctuary through pride in his own beauty and deceit as he wanted all that was of Gods here on earth to be his own as he tried to make his throne above the angels and be God.

Because iniquity was found in him God cast him and those angels who chose to follow him out of his holy mountain and cast them all down to earth to be trampled of all nations. The only reference in scripture that denotes there being one third of the angels falling with Satan is in Revelation 12:9.
(Ref: Read Ezekiel Chapter 28 Prince of Tyrus – another dual referent)

Remember, Satan is a spirit and not flesh and blood so when he was cut down to the ground it was not literal, but symbolic that his so called kingdom would be that of a lesser magnitude than Gods kingdom, 2Corinthians 4:4; Ephesians 2:2; Rev 12:10.

This is an unusual thread. The way I see it is God created lucifer and (having free will) he dwelled upon exalting himself long enough for it to grow into full blown evil.

Or as (some) would say, evil evolved in lucifers heart.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who created Satan? any thoughts?

-
Jesus as the WORD, created this unique and beautiful, "Cherubim"...the anointed Cherub...Lucifer.

Colossians 1:16 ...... John 1:2 .. John 1:3

"For by JESUS all things were created, in HEAVEN and on EARTH, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him."

Last edited:
Who created Satan? any thoughts?
Who made us?
God made us.
I was taught that as a child by the nuns at the church.
Made sense then and it still makes sense today.
Since God made "us", that includes everyone including the angels, 4 living beasts, 24 elders, etc.....

This is an unusual thread. The way I see it is God created lucifer and (having free will) he dwelled upon exalting himself long enough for it to grow into full blown evil.

Or as (some) would say, evil evolved in lucifers heart.
Yes, that's the modern day answer.
Lucifer evolved into satan.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like to think about my view.
I don't have a view.
I don't have an answer.
I said there is NO answer.
WHERE does evil come from?
No answer.
Just because one has no answer doesn't mean there isn't one. The Bible answers your questions, but you've already given your view on the Bible.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back