Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Who created Satan?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Satan was created perfect in all his ways with beauty, wisdom and freewill. God placed him as the guardian or protector over the throne of God in heaven. He was entrusted with many possessions and found much favor in the Lord.

God created the earth and saw that it was good and he took Lucifer from Gods Holy Mountain and set him over the Garden of Eden as a covering cherub to watch over and enjoy all that was of God. As Lucifer was set in the garden iniquity was soon found in him as he defiled Gods sanctuary through pride in his own beauty and deceit as he wanted all that was of Gods here on earth to be his own as he tried to make his throne above the angels and be God.
where is all of this found in Scripture?

If He didn't create Satan then He isn't omnipotent or omnisciencent. Someone or something else created, not God. Your argument doesn't hold validity. Did you ever think that He created evil to show us what good is? If we have no contrast we have nothing to judge evil with. Did you ever think that he created evil to show us how much He loved us? He loved us so much that His son died for us. "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." (John 15:13) How would we know this much love if there wasn't some reason to give it?

where is all of this found in Scripture?
Isaiah 14:12-15 is a dual reference for the destruction of Babylon and the destruction of Satan just as Ezekiel Chapter 28 is a dual reference to both the Prince of Tyrus as he is compared to the fall of Satan.

I did refer to the Isaiah 14 passages and I said that it was addressed to others.... specifically the King of Tyre and his people.

It's a misnomer to cut this passage out and make it separate from Isaiah's message to him. It's about context in this passage. And where the king and his followers are likened to Satan by most it really isn't a whole story about Satan.

And as I have started earlier I am more concerned with my personal Satan than an external one. After all,. I know all the shortcuts to temptation.
Agreed. There simply is no reason to think the passage refers to Satan. One has to read that into the passage as it clearly is about the king of Babylon.

Isaiah 14:12-15 is a dual reference for the destruction of Babylon and the destruction of Satan just as Ezekiel Chapter 28 is a dual reference to both the Prince of Tyrus as he is compared to the fall of Satan.
Any references to Satan are read into those passages.

God created all things including Satan and his messengers. Col. 1:16, Rev. 4:11

Jesus was tempted by Satan. Matt. 4:1, Luke 4:2. Satan entered at least 2 disciples where we are told so by direct scriptural statements showing Satan having done this. The children of the devil (demons) were also in the pharisees that Jesus addressed in John 8:44. Jesus said that where the Word is sown, Satan enters the heart to commit sin. Mark 4:15. John the Apostle linked the devil to "sin" in 1 John 3:8, showing how extensive this problem is for everyone. Paul stated he had a messenger of Satan in his own flesh. 2 Cor. 12:7.

And yes, there are many direct references to Satan in the O.T. Most of them in Job. But also in 1 Chron. and Zech.

There are an abundance of 'allegorical' term references to Satan throughout the scriptures. Dragon, red Dragon, Pharaoh, behemoth, leviathan, thorn, thistle, serpent, crooked serpent, piercing serpent, belial, etc. etc. Really too extensive of a study to even get into in this format.

When believers understand the principle of Mark 4:15 they should read the scriptures accordingly. They'll learn to understand how God Speaks to people i.e. God is NOT addressing only people when He Speaks. God Speaks His Words, Satan resists His Words IN man. Therefore God speaks to TWO separate parties IN MAN when He Speaks. Acts 26:18, Romans 11:8, 2 Cor. 3:14, 2 Cor. 4:4, Eph. 2:2 and many many more.

But if believers take personal offense at this, they really heard nothing, and the scriptures will be partially blocked from their understandings. It is basically impossible for any believer to see this unless and until God in Christ leads them to see it in relation to their own sins and temptations.

If Jesus was tempted by Satan do we expect any different for ourselves? Uh, no. Temptation transpires "internally" and that places the tempter "in the flesh, internally" to do so.

I see that Isaiah could be describing the fall of Satan and why but I'm looking for where the Bible describes what you wrote. Can you show me where I can find all of this? For some reason I seemed to have missed where all of this is described even though I've heard a number of stories about Satan prior to the fall.
  • That he was "perfect in all his ways with beauty, wisdom and freewill."
  • That "God placed him as the guardian or protector over the throne of God in heaven."
  • That "He was entrusted with many possessions and found much favor in the Lord."
  • That "God created the earth and saw that it was good and he took Lucifer from Gods Holy Mountain and set him over the Garden of Eden as a covering cherub to watch over and enjoy all that was of God."
  • That "As Lucifer was set in the garden iniquity was soon found in him as he defiled Gods sanctuary through pride in his own beauty and deceit as he wanted all that was of Gods here on earth to be his own as he tried to make his throne above the angels and be God."

I have my doubts that the king/prince of Tyrus was in the Garden of Eden as some other person besides Adam and Eve.

Ezekiel 28:
12 Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord God; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty.
13 Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God -

I have my doubts that the king/prince of Tyrus was in the Garden of Eden as some other person besides Adam and Eve.

Ezekiel 28:
12 Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord God; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty.
13 Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God -
Do you believe the Bible ever uses metaphor?

Do you understand evil to be different from satan?
Do me they're synonymous.

Where does evil come from?
Where does satan come from?

WHAT made lucifer oppose God?
WHY did he want to be like God?
WHY was he jealous?

Was the sin nature already in existence when he opposed God?
Where did it come from??

W

The actions of Satan as described in Mark 4:15 happened with the very first people, Adam and Eve.

From the moment God blessed them with His Words, Satan "immediately" did his thing that Mark 4:15 shows. Entered, blinded them and stole Gods Words from them both.

When we see Adam and Eve, we should understand what really happened to them, Mark 4:15.

When we do, we won't just see Adam and Eve. We'll see Satan's entry and their sin being "of the devil." 1 John 3:8.

I see that Isaiah could be describing the fall of Satan and why but I'm looking for where the Bible describes what you wrote. Can you show me where I can find all of this? For some reason I seemed to have missed where all of this is described even though I've heard a number of stories about Satan prior to the fall.
  • That he was "perfect in all his ways with beauty, wisdom and freewill."
  • That "God placed him as the guardian or protector over the throne of God in heaven."
  • That "He was entrusted with many possessions and found much favor in the Lord."
  • That "God created the earth and saw that it was good and he took Lucifer from Gods Holy Mountain and set him over the Garden of Eden as a covering cherub to watch over and enjoy all that was of God."
  • That "As Lucifer was set in the garden iniquity was soon found in him as he defiled Gods sanctuary through pride in his own beauty and deceit as he wanted all that was of Gods here on earth to be his own as he tried to make his throne above the angels and be God."
I may have found where you're getting it from. Is it Ezekiel 28? If so, I'm struggling to see how the separation is derived from Tyre. As I read Ezekiel, it seems he was talking about a people and not Satan himself. What am I missing?

The actions of Satan as described in Mark 4:15 happened with the very first people, Adam and Eve.

From the moment God blessed them with His Words, Satan "immediately" did his thing that Mark 4:15 shows. Entered, blinded them and stole Gods Words from them both.

When we see Adam and Eve, we should understand what really happened to them, Mark 4:15.

When we do, we won't just see Adam and Eve. We'll see Satan's entry and their sin being "of the devil." 1 John 3:8.
Except that the parable of the sower speaks of a specific word which has nothing to do with Adam and Eve. And 1 John 3:8 does not say that one's "sin is of the devil," but those whose life is characterized by sin are of the devil; "of the devil" is referring to people, not the sin itself.

I believe the scriptures use similitude, allegory, parable and metaphor to describe very real adverse spiritual entities. Yes.
Except that to find Satan in Eze. 28 is to read into the text. There just is no support for such an idea.

Was the Prince of Tyrus ever in the garden of Eden, no, but God set Lucifer/Satan over it to take care of it, Ezekiel 28:11-19, who do you think the anointed Cherub was in vs. 14. Same with Isaiah 14:12-14 does it say Lucifer or the king of Babylon in vs.12. Both are dual references.

Except that to find Satan in Eze. 28 is to read into the text. There just is no support for such an idea.
IF it is not referring to Satan, then we must conclude that either the prince/king of Tyrus was in the Garden of Eden along with Adam and Eve or that the Garden of Eden is a useless reference term. And not only that, but that said king was not a king whatsoever, but an anointed CHERUB. An angelic being.

The prince/king of Tyrus IS a reference term to Satan.

Except that the parable of the sower speaks of a specific word which has nothing to do with Adam and Eve.

Really? So, you don't see the captivity of Satan upon ALL unsaved mankind and hence our NEED for our Savior?

The unsaved are not termed "captives" for no reason. They do have a captor. Acts 26:18, Romans 11:8, 2 Cor. 3:14, 2 Cor. 4:4 and Eph. 2:2 ALL address this captivity of Satan and it happens to exactly everyone just as Mark 4:15 dictates.

And 1 John 3:8 does not say that one's "sin is of the devil," but those whose life is characterized by sin are of the devil; "of the devil" is referring to people, not the sin itself.

Read it how you will. I think it's pretty clear, and very contrary to your claim above. And I do NOT think people are DEVILS.

1 John 3:8
He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back